Author Topic: Lil Snuff  (Read 1283 times)

Big Baby Jesus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
Lil Snuff
« on: July 14, 2020, 06:08:31 AM »
I've been wanting to try out the Cromer lil snuff deck. It's 8.38 x 31.7 14.12 wb. Ive never tried a shaped deck so just wanted to get some feedback. Any Pals out there have any opinions on it? Thanks in advance.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
Re: Lil Snuff
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 06:15:16 AM »
Rode it before and it's very fun. However you want to keep in mind it is short,has a short wheelbase, and tapers. So while it's an 8.38 at its widest, over the trucks it is a lot thinner. I would recommend it but some tricks you'll have to adjust to the shape

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 09:31:22 AM »
That shape/board looks dope, and I’m surprised I haven’t gotten it, as it seems like something I’d be very into (shorter, narrower, shaped but not huge). I think the defining trait for most people looking at it these days, is that it’s probably best set up on 8” trucks.

Garbagewagon

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 09:36:13 AM »
I think it is also the same as the Anti Hero Black Widow.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 09:42:47 AM »

If that’s the case I’ll skip. Dunno why but I didn’t like that board. One of those ones where the whole setup made super sense, in theory, and I just wasn’t feeling it.

Garbagewagon

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 09:49:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If that’s the case I’ll skip. Dunno why but I didn’t like that board. One of those ones where the whole setup made super sense, in theory, and I just wasn’t feeling it.

I dig the Cromer too. I may be wrong, but I think there was another thread on here and someone measured the two decks and they were the same even though the AH dims are listed differently.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2020, 10:11:53 AM »
I heard the cromer board was only fun for 360 flips and literally nothing else. I feel like anything smaller than 8.6 on an egg shape is too small

Garbagewagon

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2020, 10:44:00 AM »
I heard the cromer board was only fun for 360 flips and literally nothing else. I feel like anything smaller than 8.6 on an egg shape is too small

Someone please try one of these and give a full report.

https://www.imperfects.co/products/the-egg-ballshop-deck?variant=31394804170775

Junglist

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2020, 10:48:39 AM »
I love my lil snuff. I’ve bought two boards since and decided to just go back to the soggy lil snuff. I realized having almost no fingers of flat is why I like it. Paired it with venture raws and 56mm classic fulls. Going to try a deedz shape next I think, they are near identical.

Garbagewagon

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2020, 11:26:55 AM »
I love my lil snuff. I’ve bought two boards since and decided to just go back to the soggy lil snuff. I realized having almost no fingers of flat is why I like it. Paired it with venture raws and 56mm classic fulls. Going to try a deedz shape next I think, they are near identical.

What size Ventures? I’ve been eyeing on off these decks forever and they’re always out of stock when I look.

Junglist

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2020, 12:42:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What size Ventures? I’ve been eyeing on off these decks forever and they’re always out of stock when I look.
5.6 but 5.2’s would work great too. The board is probably 8” at the axles? Maybe smaller

Garbagewagon

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2020, 01:31:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
5.6 but 5.2’s would work great too. The board is probably 8” at the axles? Maybe smaller

Thank you!

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2020, 02:07:08 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback pals. I ended up going with the standard 8.38 x 32 14.25 wb krooked rather than the lil snuff. The taper is too severe for a width under 8.6 like someone said. Plus my 5.8s are broken in perfectly and I really don't want to start that process again!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 02:51:58 PM by Big Baby Jesus »
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2020, 08:51:46 AM »

I’m back to wanting it then

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2020, 06:36:02 PM »
just ordered one. i was back and forth on if i should try one out, but i saw this thread and took it as a sign.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2020, 05:33:16 AM »
I forget what thread it was in, but @chris. mentioned skating one and really enjoying it. I saw one IRL last summer and it is indeed pretty small by todays standards, but its not like a 90s 7.5" or anything.

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2020, 06:14:22 PM »
Can anyone comment on how similar the shape is to the Enjoi Deedz shape? I have a Lil Snuff, didn’t like it tooo much but am considering the Deedz if it’s different enough.