Author Topic: boards, trucks, and wheels that have taken a shit on you.....  (Read 4611 times)

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
okay I am sure someone who has had faulty equipment has had one or multiple moments of the following,
Broken hangars: I've broken a set of Venture featherlights and broken a Indy hollow axle
Broken Kingpin: countless moments on Ventures and Thunders
Jacked pivot cup: Thunders mainly
Wheels flatspotted within a few days or just broke the fuck off Hubba wheels kickdown to me a set of Rictas and Oj's flatspotted down a few hills in Colorado
Boards that just plain sucked and broke for little to no reason: Creature, Antihero, World Industries, Hockey, Quasi, FA too many to list however what was your experience and what'd you do to rectify this situation apart from buying a new product what was your initial thought?
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

louchi88

• Rep: -23
Re: boards, trucks, and wheels that have taken a shit on you.....
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 02:46:12 PM »
I wants took a pair of formula four tablets into the shower with me for two weeks trying to scrub them white before I skated them and realized that Spitfire wheels are the color of puke brand new. Why are spitfire wheels that fuxkin yellow color? And why won’t OJ make a tablet wheel???

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 750
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 03:10:46 PM »
I wants took a pair of formula four tablets into the shower with me for two weeks trying to scrub them white before I skated them and realized that Spitfire wheels are the color of puke brand new. Why are spitfire wheels that fuxkin yellow color? And why won’t OJ make a tablet wheel???

lol what

If the color white matters that much, just get Bones STFs

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 03:43:55 PM »
Snapped a real deck within an hour. A zero broke super fast too. Other than that it's more I didn't like certain shapes (didnt like the nose on a dw and don't like the wide wb quasis) which is preference, not so much that it took a shit on me.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 03:57:45 PM »

If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

411bandit

• Rep: -42
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 04:47:23 PM »

They are that color naturally.

All other manufacturers add white die to get them to be plastic white.

I think bones look so cheap with that color

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 07:28:35 PM »
The conscious decision to bring skateboard parts in the shower with you is admirable. But to repeat this process multiple times earns my highest respect.

*edit* Unless you meant you actually showered for 14 solid days trying to scrub them white. Thats would be silly.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 07:33:42 PM by Seventyfrigginseven »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2020, 09:52:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The conscious decision to bring skateboard parts in the shower with you is admirable. But to repeat this process multiple times earns my highest respect.

*edit* Unless you meant you actually showered for 14 solid days trying to scrub them white. Thats would be silly.

I think he was just stacking two wheels (if that) and using the holes....*scrubbing*...while in the shower...

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 10:13:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think he was just stacking two wheels (if that) and using the holes....*scrubbing*...while in the shower...
two wheels is a little generous
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 12:29:46 AM »
With my Tensors hangers bending last week, i have now bent pretty much every truck except big three.

Also had many broken hangers on Thunders.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2020, 02:43:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

A whole two wheels stacked? If thats the case I can assume we know what his day job is! Our dude is packing serious heat.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2020, 09:04:24 AM »
I’ve had a set of those 80hd spitfire literally chunk then disintegrated by the time I was almost down the hill.

Spitfires I think have good quality control buttttt Bones have had the game on lock for a long time.
Dueces Bitch's

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2020, 09:18:30 AM »
i have an older set of the 80HD chargers and haven't had any crazy issues *yet*

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2020, 09:29:15 AM »
Picked up Bones Reds Big Balls after hearing everyone raving about them here. 2 months of light skating later I go to clean them and discover two bad bearings with cracked cages, never again. Seems to me that Reds used to be a decent quality cheap bearing but I've had nothing but problems with them lately. Meanwhile the $10 Modus Blacks I replaced the Big Balls with are going strong months later...

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2020, 09:51:07 AM »
I had a primitive deck (only got it because of the pendleton zoo graphic), the tail flexed so bad on day one that it would bounce me out of front smiths. Never had that experience before.

Quasi

• Rep: -27
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2020, 10:21:39 AM »
World decks from 89 to 91 was dogshit

ZachV

• Rep: -9
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2020, 10:31:02 AM »
I once had Bones medium bushings, the top bushings blew out on me after only a month of skating them. So now I just ride indy bushings cause they have been pretty consistent everytime I get a new pair.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2020, 10:38:42 AM »
World decks from 89 to 91 was dogshit

I started skating again in 94 (I think). I missed that time. World board in 95-97 weren’t great, in that they broke, but that was pretty satisfying. The boards were the shit for a few hours tho. I worked, didn’t have any financial responsibilities, so buying boards frequently wasn’t a problem. I remember skating a wet willy just cuz that was the only world wood, smaller board. That was probably my last world board, I was like ‘wtf am I doing’.

**edit I’m not sure what happens to my brain, when I’m in a skateshop, and I get yet another pack of reds. Why. Mini logos don’t ever make me as annoyed as reds. I should try and find nmb’s. Those things were tanks

« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 10:42:23 AM by Ok »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2020, 06:13:25 PM »
Shits run a foul day one a bunch.

Maple Boards were sick then one day I broke two back to back on flat. There really wasn't a reason to buy their shit any more anyway.

I had a bunch of bad girl boards in a row.

I bought expensive tensors I broke the back hanger so fast I didn't notice. We was rolling and Abe was like yo your trucks broken.

Low point in skating never heard shit back.

Thunder king pins. I had tons of old trucks.
 You would just say fuck it put the new hanger on the old plate and roll. I got into a pinch once had thunder hangers on Destructo plates. It worked.

Since getting back into this in 2016 I've had issues with 2 boards. Both AH but I buy a ton of deluxe shit. Sometimes shit happens.

One of my current ventures should have failed inspection. It has two pretty heavy flaws. The other doesn't slip anymore.
My Skating has improved and the weather has warmed. Axles are less likely to move? Landing my flip tricks more often?

I don't got time to play around. If it's rolling it's working.

Oh Bones Bearings. The red super red and ceramic reds all have air bubbles in the plastic cages. This cavity gets filled with ledge shit. That Causing breaks. Bearings in general have gone down hill since like mid 2000s

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2020, 06:24:23 PM »
Bones bushings.
There was a period of time a handful of years back where I had like five pairs of vans in a row where the sole detached from the shoe when there was still a bunch of life left in the shoe. Don’t get that problem much anymore thankfully but I’ll still have that happen on a pair here n there.
Indy abec 7; had two sets in a row where the cages just shattered on me one by one in like a months time or less.
Jessup grip when they had all those defective sheets that would just crack away at the edges and leave horrible white crack marks.

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2020, 07:33:41 PM »
One of my current ventures should have failed inspection. It has two pretty heavy flaws. The other doesn't slip anymore.
My Skating has improved and the weather has warmed. Axles are less likely to move? Landing my flip tricks more often?
idk what's up with that, same experience with my pair. been skating them to finish off the rest of the 8.25s I have left and haven't had the issues I had with them last time I skated them. same pair too.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2020, 08:59:06 PM »
The white eS accelerate (I think that was the name) from maybe 2006 or 2005, white shoe with a clearish sole. I bought two right pair when they came out and both of the soles came unglued after a day or two of wearing each pair.
I found out many years later that some people got replacements. I never looked into contacting eS about it and just threw them away :(

Also bushings used to crumble/melt on me immediately after getting new trucks but it was because I had very tight trucks plus being fat. Doesn’t happen anymore tho.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2020, 10:48:56 PM »
Spitfire 80hd wheels holy shit what absolute dogshit wheels, took em down a steep hill and they literally fell apart to bearings.....
Dueces Bitch's

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2020, 07:04:48 AM »
No Bronson stories?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2020, 07:18:41 AM »
No Bronson stories?

worst bearings I’ve ever had. went through two sets in a month once...never again.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2020, 07:28:26 AM »
No Bronson stories?

Personally I've always had good experiences with them. Only second to bones swiss.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2020, 08:21:06 AM »
Bones bushings.
There was a period of time a handful of years back where I had like five pairs of vans in a row where the sole detached from the shoe when there was still a bunch of life left in the shoe. Don’t get that problem much anymore thankfully but I’ll still have that happen on a pair here n there.
Indy abec 7; had two sets in a row where the cages just shattered on me one by one in like a months time or less.
Jessup grip when they had all those defective sheets that would just crack away at the edges and leave horrible white crack marks.
Thats depressing. I am using 4-5 sessions into my first pair of bones bushings now in my Venture 5.6s I love them so much, it would be catastrophic if they fell apart.  :-\

The3Bobbys

• Rep: -3
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2020, 08:26:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Bones bushings.
[close]
Thats depressing. I am using 4-5 sessions into my first pair of bones bushings now in my Venture 5.6s I love them so much, it would be catastrophic if they fell apart.  :-\

Ok.... I guess I just don't understand... What's the big difference with the bones bushings ?
I just got 5.2s and I love them. I think they turn great. What more do the bones offer?

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2020, 08:59:18 AM »
The only set of Bronsons I ever got (by necessity, no reds in the shop) easily outlasted several sets of reds I bought after. Wouldn't expect it to happen again because that particular set of bearings was just weirdly durable, but it figures.

Cord Winer

• Rep: -1
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2020, 09:56:58 AM »
Bones Big Ball Bearings. They all died within a month. Probably the only time I put on all new bearings and had them die so quickly.