Author Topic: Pokemon GO  (Read 15401 times)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Pokemon GO
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2021, 05:38:44 AM »
Expand Quote
I've been playing this game for 3 years now and really enjoy it. There are times when it freezes. The game does rely on internet or data but that's fare.
[close]
hmu
One day, we'll do our lucky trade...

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2021, 02:49:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've been playing this game for 3 years now and really enjoy it. There are times when it freezes. The game does rely on internet or data but that's fare.
[close]
hmu
[close]

This goes to all the Pals out there that I'm lucky friends with. HMU when here in Hawaii.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2021, 08:43:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
hmu
[close]
[close]

This goes to all the Pals out there that I'm lucky friends with. HMU when here in Hawaii.

Absolutely will, and thank you for always joining my raid invites haha

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2021, 03:55:22 AM »
Damn, this still a thing?

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2021, 04:06:41 PM »
Damn, this still a thing?

Unfortunately.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #125 on: June 01, 2021, 07:30:14 AM »
sup guys has been a while
I am grateful for the gifts from Hawaii, Beligum, and Los Angeles. it is very cool to see those gifts! im sorry my gifts were kind of boring lol
thanks so much for getting the best friends guys lol it is too bad we live too far to  do the lucky trades but i got my 1st vax so maybe travel will be opened up again sooner than we think...

now it is summer again i am getting more hype playing this game again, i got the shiny zigzagoon he looks dope af
bummed i ddint get shiny bagon or deino
gonna try and grind shiny mamoswine now
working on trying to power up as many mons from here as i can https://gamepress.gg/pokemongo/attackers-tier-list
i just juiced up a really nice 3star machamp with 15 attack 15 defense and i think like 12 hp or something, really good stats

pvp is kinda wack but i acutally hit rank 20 for the first time, finally got 3 teams i like playing and can do pretty well. the dust is too damn good to pass it up.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #126 on: June 02, 2021, 07:12:47 AM »
sup guys has been a while
I am grateful for the gifts from Hawaii, Beligum, and Los Angeles. it is very cool to see those gifts! im sorry my gifts were kind of boring lol
thanks so much for getting the best friends guys lol it is too bad we live too far to  do the lucky trades but i got my 1st vax so maybe travel will be opened up again sooner than we think...

now it is summer again i am getting more hype playing this game again, i got the shiny zigzagoon he looks dope af
bummed i ddint get shiny bagon or deino
gonna try and grind shiny mamoswine now
working on trying to power up as many mons from here as i can https://gamepress.gg/pokemongo/attackers-tier-list
i just juiced up a really nice 3star machamp with 15 attack 15 defense and i think like 12 hp or something, really good stats

pvp is kinda wack but i acutally hit rank 20 for the first time, finally got 3 teams i like playing and can do pretty well. the dust is too damn good to pass it up.

If you're ever in Philly let me know and I'll give you one of the seemingly 900 of them that I have haha

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2021, 10:44:27 AM »
yo are you killadelfkid? i also heavily appreciate the gifts
i feel like i can live vacriously through you guys haha
will try to get to philly after i get vax'd up, have always wanted to go there to skate

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2021, 06:30:57 PM »
Who else did gofest? Catch anything rad? I got shiny throh but came up short on sawk. Three shiny audino, two shiny chimecho and some others.

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 94
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2021, 04:35:26 AM »
Who else did gofest? Catch anything rad? I got shiny throh but came up short on sawk. Three shiny audino, two shiny chimecho and some others.

Got a shiny Mewtwo, that was the highlight for me.
Cocteau Twins

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2021, 07:31:46 AM »

I had a solid haul on Saturday with 17 shinies and a couple were ones I hadn't had before so that was solid. No shiny legendaries yesterday but I picked up a hundo Palkia and my second hundo rayquaza along with some really good IV almost perfect others. Overall I thought it was a fun event and just felt good to get out and play again.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2021, 10:39:31 AM »
i didnt go TOO hard maybe played few hours each day kind of thing
got shiny seismitoad which was the main thing i was super juiced on; love that guy
shiny Toxicroak is really dope too got him and also got shiny Drapion they will all be sick to flex in the gym
raid day honestly i didnt really get fuck all good!  my wife got shiny mewtwo at least tho but yeah was helpin her with dialga and palkias mostly

was thinking to myself it would be so dope if they let 1 person put a legendary in a gym, i think it would make it a bit more fun

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2021, 05:36:06 PM »
There definitely needs to be an option for a legendary in a gym...let's say, you battle a gym and win, you get the option to put in a basic pokemon or a legendary. If you put the legendary, it will always be the last to battle, unless its the only pokemon in that gym. That'd be cool.

Of course, Niantic will not do this, but wishful thinking.

Also not looking forward to the reduced distance coming up....fuck Niantic for that shit.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2021, 06:29:14 AM »
@h00man I agree in regards to legendaries in gyms. At this point they damn near give them away and even if you don't have one, there's a ridiculous amount of available counters to every legendary out. They could also level cap it in gyms regardless so it caps at 40 even if the player puts one in that is maxed out over that.

Like, go ahead, put your shiny Groudon in the gym and I will destroy it with my maxed out team of super soakers.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2021, 07:48:04 AM »
yeah exactly i dont think it would make the game too hard for nubs like just throw a bnuch of squirtles at it, the give you 5000 potions and revives anyway that you end up just tossing lol

did not know reduced distance was coming up :( that SUCKS when i started the game the first few weeks was normal distance ;( i remember how shit it was

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2021, 09:20:09 AM »
I don't understand the logic behind the reduced spin for gyms and stops. If you already don't have a stop in your area it's not like changing that distance is going to make a difference.

As someone who lives in a major city and play primarily in the outskirts of it, I appreciate the fact now that I can battle a gym or participate in a raid without basically standing on somebody's front stoop of their house or being in a large group blocking a sidewalk, etc... we can move accordingly and spread out.

The distance basically just added a little extra courtesy in my opinion and also prevented trespassing and those types of things. It's not a "game breaker" and it doesn't discourage people from going out to play by keeping the current distance extension as it is.

Sorry for the rant lol

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2021, 10:36:57 AM »
fully agreed dude it just made the game better. its like if they were to get rid of speed catching im sure the community would be pissed

i hope they dont end up doing it. although it might make the gym in my neighbourhood a little more fair because so many assholes live on top of it and dont have to leave their house lol but i just take other gyms to make up for it.

https://gamepress.gg/pokemongo/attackers-tier-list

i am working on powering up every pokemon from this list as much as i can :) got a shadow machamp 3* with full attack @ 3127CP right now dude is such a blissey buster

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2021, 02:14:19 PM »
There's some speculation going on about the distance reduction that was data mined a few times. Apparently, Niantic sees how valuable the distance is for players and MAY start charging a subscription service to include this extended distance.

Now, this is JUST speculation, but knowing Niantic, its definitely possible.

From: https://www.slashgear.com/pokemon-go-subscription-and-search-features-leaked-in-teardown-14655230/

"If you’re looking to the future of Pokemon GO, look to subscription costs. In the game – and being added to the game over the past few weeks and months – are references to subscription costs aplenty. This week we see “SubscriptionState” with the following: Active, Cancelled, Expired, Grace_Period, Free_trial, Pending_Purchase, AutoRenewDate, and Validated Subscription SKU Info."

EDIT:

If you guys don't already, check out: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/

There's always updates, info and data mines.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2021, 08:46:21 AM »
There's some speculation going on about the distance reduction that was data mined a few times. Apparently, Niantic sees how valuable the distance is for players and MAY start charging a subscription service to include this extended distance.

From: https://www.slashgear.com/pokemon-go-subscription-and-search-features-leaked-in-teardown-14655230/

"If you’re looking to the future of Pokemon GO, look to subscription costs. In the game – and being added to the game over the past few weeks and months – are references to subscription costs aplenty. This week we see “SubscriptionState” with the following: Active, Cancelled, Expired, Grace_Period, Free_trial, Pending_Purchase, AutoRenewDate, and Validated Subscription SKU Info."

EDIT:

I'd heard about the subscription model and honestly I could see it happening but I don't see it being successful. I think it would have to include boxes or some serious amount of benefits outside of whatever those other perks would be.

I check the silph road reddit every morning with my coffee haha

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2021, 12:05:08 PM »
Expand Quote

EDIT:

[close]

lol you're me

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #140 on: July 29, 2021, 01:28:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

EDIT:

[close]

[close]

lol you're me

"DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS"

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: July 29, 2021, 04:49:24 PM »
lol

technically yes, we have been for quite some time. Even lucky! lol

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2021, 11:54:57 AM »
Coming back here to say the distance reduction or reverting back to how it was before is miserable. I can still reach the stop from my house which is fine and all but the fact that I can’t walk down the street without having to cross to spin certain stops or interact is extremely frustrating. I’m not going to zig zag my way to the grocery store or the bar or the train every single time I wanna try and spin a stop. I think reverting back to the limited distance is a huge mistake and it’s already causing me to play less because I know I won’t be able to reach stops and what not on my usual routes.

TLDR: I hate the distance revert.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2021, 10:48:36 AM »
that is shit theres actually a couple gyms i flat out wont be able to even play anymore i think. one i relied on hitting across the street its at a police station.

i am hoping that no one can still hit the 1 gym in my neighbourhood from their house anymore though cause i baiscally just stopped playing it since i just lose it straight away / no chance to hold it overnight. i feel like a lot of ppl are gonna just quit the game though

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2021, 11:43:36 PM »
I hope people quit, so Niantic realizes this and reverts it back. Won't get my hopes up though. I haven't played much since the revert, but that'll change on Friday unfortunately.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2021, 08:23:50 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/theleekduck/

leekduck made a post about it to Niantic hopefully it gets some traction

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: August 05, 2021, 01:04:17 PM »
All the big players are boycotting. Brandon Tan, the craziest of all pogo players stopped giving his money (he spends $4.5k a month on pogo). Although, doubt it'll last, since tomorrow is Palkia and Heracross.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/oyi5e9/community_open_letter_to_niantic/

Insane how this is happening. I've also decided I'm going to stop playing til they listen to us too. Sorry Palkia and Heracross, but I'll get shiny versions of them some other time.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2021, 09:04:24 PM »
Niantics response:

https://nianticlabs.com/blog/pgo-exploration-bonus-response/?hl=en

Basically a huge "fuck you" to the players. Sorry guys, I quit.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #148 on: August 06, 2021, 05:12:55 AM »
my bad im not tryjng to derail but pokemon snap for n64 was seriously a great game

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2021, 08:49:31 AM »
my bad im not tryjng to derail but pokemon snap for n64 was seriously a great game
you fuck with the new one for switch? its pretty fire diude