Author Topic: Polar Shapes  (Read 31309 times)

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
Re: Polar Shapes
« Reply #540 on: November 30, 2021, 08:42:02 AM »
What's the Slap wisdom on the Polars with wheel wells as far as wheel size allowances? Will an 8.5 w/ wheel wells allow me to run 56mm F4s on Indy 159s with no risers? i'm thinking I'm going to try it.

Iím on a P9 with wheel wells, Indy 159 titaniums with a riser (so standard Indy height) and 56mm wheels. Itís a flawless combo, canít recommend a skateboard more.

Woodshop

• Rep: 39
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #541 on: December 01, 2021, 05:51:59 AM »
Expand Quote
What's the Slap wisdom on the Polars with wheel wells as far as wheel size allowances? Will an 8.5 w/ wheel wells allow me to run 56mm F4s on Indy 159s with no risers? i'm thinking I'm going to try it.
[close]

Iím on a P9 with wheel wells, Indy 159 titaniums with a riser (so standard Indy height) and 56mm wheels. Itís a flawless combo, canít recommend a skateboard more.

Yeah that sounds good!

They both do.

I am so surprised that any deck with wheel wells (from manufacturer or home done) allows for so much more turn overall.

Been messing around with cruiser setups and having wheel wells allows for 60mm+ wheels so easily on normal Indy standards with at max 1/8" risers and loose trucks.

That extra 1 to 2 mm depth of wheel wells really does give so much more clearance, as if there are 1/4" or taller risers, from testing boards that don't have wheel wells and then making some in the board and dropping the risers to see how much difference it makes.

Argyle

• Rep: 9
« Reply #542 on: December 04, 2021, 05:46:48 AM »
Anyone try out the Dane Jr? Wish there were more in this new season, wasn't crazy about the last graphic, but kinda wanna try it out.

I haven't but been searching around to see if anyone has. It looks pretty nice.

Do you think 149s would fit like on the surf jr?