Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 220758 times)

Kennet_h

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #180 on: November 25, 2019, 07:08:14 PM »
Anyone tried the primitive franky villani 9.125 deck?
I'm thinking the kicks might be a little to steep?

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #181 on: November 29, 2019, 10:45:40 AM »

Stereo has some eggs.  I wish the Pastras one was bigger, as it's only 8.38.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #182 on: November 29, 2019, 05:40:59 PM »

Stereo has some eggs.  I wish the Pastras one was bigger, as it's only 8.38.

i legit cant stand those types of curbs. cant understand how to skate them
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #183 on: November 30, 2019, 06:48:15 PM »
out with the old, in with the new egg

first impressions, I might have given myself a downgrade.
the only issue I had with the Guy slick was that the concave was super flat. Besides that I really liked the shape. This Gerwer has the smallest tail. All my flips have become flops. And it doesn't really seem like a slick. Whatever super thin layer of plastic that there is was torn through on the first boardslide and it's just wood underneath. Not a full slick ply like the Guy. It is really good for shuvits though. That second pictures makes it appear there is a huge difference in length between the two. Just an optical illusion.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #184 on: November 30, 2019, 07:36:47 PM »
what is the actual difference in dimensions? the AH for sure looks massive on the second pic haha
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2019, 04:54:57 AM »
Just found the Heroin OG egg (8.5). Not sure if I should pull the trigger on this one since I've never had an egg/football shape.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2019, 05:17:38 AM »
Just found the Heroin OG egg (8.5). Not sure if I should pull the trigger on this one since I've never had an egg/football shape.

Go for it, I am riding my first right now and it is a lot of fun. Worst case scenario turn it into a cruiser. No worse than buying a pop sickle you don't like
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2019, 07:18:50 AM »

the only issue I had with the Guy slick was that the concave was super flat. Besides that I really liked the shape. This Gerwer has the smallest tail. All my flips have become flops. And it doesn't really seem like a slick. Whatever super thin layer of plastic that there is was torn through on the first boardslide and it's just wood underneath. Not a full slick ply like the Guy. It is really good for shuvits though. That second pictures makes it appear there is a huge difference in length between the two. Just an optical illusion.

How wide is the Gerwer at bolts? (+ same question for the Guy) Thanks.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2019, 11:40:41 AM »

I picked that one up. It's actually a 8.7.

I set it up for one ride - it was just too big for me at the time. have more experience riding bigger boards under my belt now, so this be the first thing I set up when the snow melts.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #189 on: December 02, 2019, 01:22:11 PM »
what is the actual difference in dimensions? the AH for sure looks massive on the second pic haha

Expand Quote

[close]

How wide is the Gerwer at bolts? (+ same question for the Guy) Thanks.

better side by side top shot. there isn't that much difference between the 2.
I took a measuring tape to it. I measured width at the point where my axle nuts are. Not in the middle of the baseplate. I have it set up with Thunder 149s.
Gerwer:
Front truck width: 8.5
Back truck width: 8.25

Guy:
Front truck width: 8.5
Back truck width: 8.375

Both have 14.25 WB.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2019, 06:49:12 PM »
They look great, making me jealous

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #191 on: December 03, 2019, 11:47:59 AM »
I noticed some football/eggish Element Ray Barbee x Sean Cliver decks. Was never a fan of Element and I know they're not particularly high status on here either, but hey it's Ray Barbee.

The one on the left is 9" x 32.75" 14.3" WB, the one on the right is 8.875" x 31.75" 14" WB. I'm actually considering the 9" one if I don't go for that Quasi Jake Johnson board.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #192 on: December 03, 2019, 12:07:23 PM »
I noticed some football/eggish Element Ray Barbee x Sean Cliver decks. Was never a fan of Element and I know they're not particularly high status on here either, but hey it's Ray Barbee.

The one on the left is 9" x 32.75" 14.3" WB, the one on the right is 8.875" x 31.75" 14" WB. I'm actually considering the 9" one if I don't go for that Quasi Jake Johnson board.

Riding the JJ Quasi egg no, WB is dumb short for me, I typically ride 14.25, it's taking some adjusting
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #193 on: December 03, 2019, 03:37:17 PM »
Stelling down from 14.25 to 14 is quite a drastic jump, your board feels mad short but you’ll get used to it.
Funny, I thought those Ray Barbee boards all had 15” wb

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #194 on: December 05, 2019, 05:27:12 AM »
Stelling down from 14.25 to 14 is quite a drastic jump, your board feels mad short but you’ll get used to it.
Funny, I thought those Ray Barbee boards all had 15” wb
I can't guarantee that the measurements given at skatepro are correct of course, but the only one in the bunch that was listed as having a 15" WB was this one that I was a little bit unsure if it was eggy enough to post in this thread - and the one with the least appeal to me personally anyway:

That one's listed as 8.75" x 32.5", and that graphic is also available on a 8.25" x 32.25" popsicle with a 14.25" wheelbase.

Anyway, what makes me interested in either the 9" Element or the Quasi Johnson is that I absolutely love my Polar football, and I had a PS Stix last year (a Pizza Uncle Jesse :-X) that had a sort-of-eggish shape that I really liked too. So I want to see how the PS works out with the full on shape, and I'm curious about adding just a little bit more girth to the setup. I skate a 8.375" usually but the 8.75" football doesn't really feel any wider at all (well it probably isn't across the bolts anyway).

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #195 on: December 05, 2019, 07:39:53 AM »

Shape on the left is perfect, like the graphic on the right a bit more from nostalgia

lysdexia

• Rep: 5
« Reply #196 on: December 09, 2019, 08:42:32 PM »

pretty eggy
149 ti(thanks bmcsteve)
50mm f4s
swiss
cheel

what's the width of these in the middle / at the trucks?

I think I need one in my life

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #197 on: December 15, 2019, 11:34:50 AM »

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #198 on: December 17, 2019, 05:39:36 PM »
https://crailstore.com/collections/everything/products/w38-crailtap-white-logo-phawt-deck/#filter:type=decks
Glad to see Crailtap has the Phawt shape still going strong.

This is, for me, the best board shape. I am skating a Sausage with the same dimensions, and have another one on backup along with a Cardiel football (also the same shape/dimensions). Does anybody else do a front tapered football with a 14.75 WB? I want to try a Phawt and I know crail wood is supposed to have gotten better but I am still skeptical.

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #199 on: December 17, 2019, 08:22:58 PM »
Expand Quote

This is, for me, the best board shape. I am skating a Sausage with the same dimensions, and have another one on backup along with a Cardiel football (also the same shape/dimensions). Does anybody else do a front tapered football with a 14.75 WB? I want to try a Phawt and I know crail wood is supposed to have gotten better but I am still skeptical.

I’ve had better luck with Girl phawt wood than cardiel bbs/generator. I like mellow concave on girl and I’ve had a couple old wood and one new wood and the generator and it really makes me think all wood is the same. Also could be wide boards last pretty long. Although I did just break a 10.5 scram generator deck that was a couple weeks old. Crail wood held up better or the same

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #200 on: December 17, 2019, 08:52:13 PM »
I'm the opposite. Had a couple of new Crail wood boards and they were great for a little while but mushed out far quicker than BBS for me. I just fucked myself and got another crail board (Tershy 9.25") bc it was so cheap on BF... oh well...

no habla mango

• Rep: -63
« Reply #201 on: December 17, 2019, 09:06:22 PM »

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #202 on: December 17, 2019, 10:48:08 PM »
Expand Quote

I gave both my cardiels away, after skating them a little, both fun boards. Never fully figured out the best setup. I think 14.75 is too much for me. Probably had the most fun with 159s

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #203 on: February 06, 2020, 08:35:35 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8OrG7Kg7Sj/
This is coming back soon.  It's a want but not a need.  Still, tempting.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #204 on: February 07, 2020, 07:36:27 AM »

"Not a need". Pshhh, how are you going to do your boy Ben like that?

Kidding, but on the real I would skate that.

I'm the opposite. Had a couple of new Crail wood boards and they were great for a little while but mushed out far quicker than BBS for me. I just fucked myself and got another crail board (Tershy 9.25") bc it was so cheap on BF... oh well...

I can't get myself to pull the trigger on a phawt. I'm not a board breaker and I love to run a board for as long as possible, but I'm a bigger guy and most non-Generator boards get soggy and pressure crack on me super fast. That being said, I am paranoid that AH is going to stop making the Cardiel football and thus feel like I need to keep my options open with similar shapes that also have a 14.75" WB.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #205 on: February 07, 2020, 11:30:15 AM »
Another Kelch football coming too. Twisterrrr

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #206 on: February 22, 2020, 12:09:21 PM »

Finally set this one up. 
Chico Krooked guest board
Indy Forged Hollow 149s
Spitfire Conical Full 54mm
Bones Reds
regular ass Shorty's hardware and Black Magic grip.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 12:13:23 PM by Reed Richards »

Mesteezo

• Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #207 on: February 22, 2020, 12:18:34 PM »

That backwards applied graphic is making my OCD go off.

TheHolyLamb

• Rep: -1
« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2020, 01:13:41 AM »
Zero has football shaped boards out now!

imposter

• Rep: -63
« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2020, 05:17:35 AM »
Zero has football shaped boards out now!
ok