Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 220695 times)

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #390 on: July 18, 2020, 12:04:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Heroin Eggxorcist 9.4
Indy Ti 159
Ricta cloud 56mm, 78a (alternating w/ NFG square shape 54mm)
[close]

Man i wish i can get heroin decks here.. That graphic is sweet.. Short wheelbase?
[close]

It seems to be about 14.3. So far I’ve had two Heroin decks and have really liked them!

Damn that is tight

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #391 on: July 18, 2020, 12:58:38 PM »
A while back the Quasi JJ guest egg came out and people were saying good things. I got one and hated it, which bummed me out...I wanted to like it. Gave it to my neighbor who turned itinto his first setup after a 20 year break from skating, which makes me warm and smiley.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #392 on: July 19, 2020, 06:35:30 AM »
Did or did not Heroin used to make a smaller egg? 8.25, or 8.38 or something?
You're talking probably about the black summer egg that was 8.7
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #393 on: July 19, 2020, 08:15:53 PM »
browsed thru the heroin online store for some eggs..they still have the big gold egg & razor egg, but too bad they don't ship to my country..

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #394 on: July 22, 2020, 05:50:48 PM »
i've been skating the girl love seat deck for a little while and love the shape and feel of it...im thinking its a bit of an egg shape, just not as tapered in the tail as some of the more pointy ones. if it is...i've now discovered i like egg shape boards.

in the same vein I'm thinking of getting the Brown Bomber or Black Widow (although i don't like the short tail of the widow)...does anyone know what the the BB tapers to over the back trucks? i'm hoping i can still use my thunder 149's on it.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #395 on: July 22, 2020, 06:36:34 PM »
I’ve been skating the couch shape, and like the poster above am liking the tail. I was looking at it today, as it has worn into a nice squarer shape.
One other thing that I like about it is the clear coat or layer that is on the board. I’ve been skating slick decks over the last year, and the couch finish is really slick. At least for nose/ tail slides.
Have any of you skated both the couch and the Villani 9.125? I’m grabbing another board and would be rad to hear anyone’s opinions on the Villani compared to the couch. I might just grab both because even if I don’t like the Villani I could gift it to a friend who likes eggs as well.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #396 on: July 23, 2020, 08:51:57 AM »

Frank and Fred

« Reply #397 on: July 23, 2020, 10:03:54 AM »
i've been skating the girl love seat deck for a little while and love the shape and feel of it...im thinking its a bit of an egg shape, just not as tapered in the tail as some of the more pointy ones. if it is...i've now discovered i like egg shape boards.

in the same vein I'm thinking of getting the Brown Bomber or Black Widow (although i don't like the short tail of the widow)...does anyone know what the the BB tapers to over the back trucks? i'm hoping i can still use my thunder 149's on it.

I forget the measurement but you can totally use 149s/ 44s on the BB. If I remember correctly, they actually line up closer in width than 159s.

Junglist

« Reply #398 on: July 23, 2020, 10:22:29 AM »
Axels football shape looked good at the shop but has a 14.75 wb, fuck that

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #399 on: July 23, 2020, 12:11:28 PM »
That Axel shaped jar graphic deck is an 8.25" wide with 14.75 wb.  This fists one in the photo looks more like the monster egg shape, which is closer to 9" wide (based on how the edges of that deck line up with the presumably standard 9" sheet of mob grip he's using).  no idea of the wb

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #400 on: July 23, 2020, 12:40:24 PM »
That Axel shaped jar graphic deck is an 8.25" wide with 14.75 wb.  This fists one in the photo looks more like the monster egg shape, which is closer to 9" wide (based on how the edges of that deck line up with the presumably standard 9" sheet of mob grip he's using).  no idea of the wb
I’m pretty sure the monster egg was 14.75 wheelbase.

Goldeneggs

• Rep: -53
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #401 on: July 23, 2020, 12:44:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

he's just jealous Axel is eggs deep in Lizzie.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #402 on: July 23, 2020, 01:49:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

he's just jealous Axel is eggs deep in Lizzie.
wish i could gnar this one.  soon enough...

Dong Hanglo

• Rep: 34
« Reply #403 on: July 24, 2020, 08:31:22 AM »
my little brother got a NJ egg shaped shop deck. it's so sick. rides like a 8.7 but flips with ease like a 8.4. it's super fun.
i'm down to fuck with the egg.

aksanaom

• Rep: 3
« Reply #404 on: August 06, 2020, 02:00:03 PM »
Does anyone know of an egg/football shaped deck that's at least 33in long? I'm riding this 9x33.25 popsicle and I love having that extra length

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #405 on: August 06, 2020, 05:28:52 PM »
closest I know is the heroin very big egg that's 10" x 32.5"

darkthrone

• Rep: 154
« Reply #406 on: August 06, 2020, 09:44:13 PM »
This is Fos from Heroin. First time seeing this thread (as I remember anyway.) Thanks so much all, blown away by all the reposts and comments about our egg family of boards. Glad you're enjoying em.
Here's a bit of background on where it came from, and I was actually planning on doin a week of reposting Egg boards and bits about the history of them on Instagram.
So, Shimizu was the one who first hit me up about doing an egg shaped board in 2016. So, I used an H Street Mike Carrol board as the original inspiration. Art of Skateboarding says that board is from 1991, sounds about right. It's 8.5 but that's right in the middle and it tapers a lot to above the trucks, as do all the Eggs. The Wheelbase on this first one was tiny too, a lot of wheelbases in teh 90's seemed much shorter than nowadays. A few of the riders liked the Shimizu Egg from Fall 2016, but It wasn't until I redesigned it and made it a lot more functional with the Big Egg that I think it started to gain some popularity. That was Spring 2018 when the Big Egg first came out. I took the original shape and blew the whole thing up and put it onto a more realistic Wheelbase for todays market.
So, I really didn't know if I'd like it personally. I've always liked popsicles with really straight rails and rounded out noses and tails. Once I rode the Egg though I ended up skating five in a  row and it was my new favorite shape, it seemed super functional right away and whenever I order boards for me to ride personally i always ask for em on the Big Egg shape.
It's 9.125 in the widest point, and more like 8.625 above the trucks, so skates more like an 8.5 or 8.625. I use Titanium Indy 159's with mine.
So after this one was such a hit with the team riders and shops, I did more and have tried to have at least one or two eggs in every season since. The 10" egg was a huge hit among a lot of my friends and lots of people hit me up about that, so it's the latest to have a reprint. (Which quickly sold out, but we have more coming this month)
The 9.4 shape was popular (Anatomy of an Egg and Eggxorcist) I made an 8.9 version too with the Fried Egg.

For Holiday (Dropping Oct if any of us are left alive by then) We have 2 new ones, the Space Egg in 9.4 with Razortop construction (It's all I want to skate, that was a drunken Chet Childress calling me up saying we had to do that construction)
We're also doing a smaller 8.7 one called the soft egg, which is a modified version of the original smaller sized egg that we made.

Whew, lots of typing. Anyway, couple more points if anyone is still reading. Primitive were cool enough to let me draw that first Franky Villani Bat board, and so I aid it was cool if they wanted to use the Big Egg shape (Cos he was buying and riding those boards) and seeing as it's all at the same factory (Bareback) then I was cool about them using that shape.
Had lots of pro's from other brands hitting me up about shapes and buying em from our online store, which is really cool and flattering.

Thanks all.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #407 on: August 07, 2020, 06:51:23 AM »
Awesome, thanks for all that Fos!!  So will the 9.125 egg ever stay or come back into the Heroin lineup?  Or do we have to buy a Primitive to get that shape from now on?

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #408 on: August 07, 2020, 07:39:58 AM »
heck yeah fos

thanks for dropping knowledge and long live the egg

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #409 on: August 07, 2020, 08:53:30 AM »
Do any of the Heroin eggs have a WB of 14.75" or longer?

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #410 on: August 07, 2020, 09:03:44 AM »
*Fos being a legend*

Thanks for being a legend.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #411 on: August 07, 2020, 10:09:36 AM »
I'd be hella psyched on a  skinnier egg if those happen. More of a 1993/94 size

darkthrone

« Reply #412 on: August 07, 2020, 10:55:25 AM »
Its in the lineup that we just released, its called the Razoregg. I'm riding one now.

Awesome, thanks for all that Fos!!  So will the 9.125 egg ever stay or come back into the Heroin lineup?  Or do we have to buy a Primitive to get that shape from now on?

darkthrone

« Reply #413 on: August 07, 2020, 11:00:36 AM »
No, I'm sorry they don't have 14.75 wheelbases. The Very Big Egg is a 14.38 WB.
However the Deer Man Skeletal 2 on woodsman that we just released has a really similar shape to the egg, Nose is almost identical and the tail is really slightly flatter or more squared, and its double drilled. I don't have one here to measure and give you the specs, but I think its something like 14.75 and 14.125 are the options for that one. Not 100% sure though.

Do any of the Heroin eggs have a WB of 14.75" or longer?

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #414 on: August 07, 2020, 11:09:03 AM »
Thanks for posting FOS, great info on the Egg story.
I have a 2nd set-up with the 8.9 Friend Egg since a homie drew the graphics, and I feel like it's the perfect width to jump into Egg shapes with. The 9+ width boards scare me, but now I know how functional the shapes are even though they are pretty wide in center. Indy 159's I had laying around did the trick.

I do wish that ACE would come out with their new truck sizes already so I can get some 8.5's to put on the smaller Egg shapes like I have 44's on my everyday board, but that has nothing to do with Heroin and your amazing boards  ;D

shitsandwich

« Reply #415 on: August 07, 2020, 07:12:08 PM »
I remember Fos being super cool when I drunkenly talked to him at a Primitive premiere, I bought  a heroin egg board like a week later

Goldeneggs

« Reply #416 on: August 07, 2020, 07:23:56 PM »
This is Fos from Heroin. First time seeing this thread (as I remember anyway.) Thanks so much all, blown away by all the reposts and comments about our egg family of boards. Glad you're enjoying em.
Here's a bit of background on where it came from, and I was actually planning on doin a week of reposting Egg boards and bits about the history of them on Instagram.
So, Shimizu was the one who first hit me up about doing an egg shaped board in 2016. So, I used an H Street Mike Carrol board as the original inspiration. Art of Skateboarding says that board is from 1991, sounds about right. It's 8.5 but that's right in the middle and it tapers a lot to above the trucks, as do all the Eggs. The Wheelbase on this first one was tiny too, a lot of wheelbases in teh 90's seemed much shorter than nowadays. A few of the riders liked the Shimizu Egg from Fall 2016, but It wasn't until I redesigned it and made it a lot more functional with the Big Egg that I think it started to gain some popularity. That was Spring 2018 when the Big Egg first came out. I took the original shape and blew the whole thing up and put it onto a more realistic Wheelbase for todays market.
So, I really didn't know if I'd like it personally. I've always liked popsicles with really straight rails and rounded out noses and tails. Once I rode the Egg though I ended up skating five in a  row and it was my new favorite shape, it seemed super functional right away and whenever I order boards for me to ride personally i always ask for em on the Big Egg shape.
It's 9.125 in the widest point, and more like 8.625 above the trucks, so skates more like an 8.5 or 8.625. I use Titanium Indy 159's with mine.
So after this one was such a hit with the team riders and shops, I did more and have tried to have at least one or two eggs in every season since. The 10" egg was a huge hit among a lot of my friends and lots of people hit me up about that, so it's the latest to have a reprint. (Which quickly sold out, but we have more coming this month)
The 9.4 shape was popular (Anatomy of an Egg and Eggxorcist) I made an 8.9 version too with the Fried Egg.

For Holiday (Dropping Oct if any of us are left alive by then) We have 2 new ones, the Space Egg in 9.4 with Razortop construction (It's all I want to skate, that was a drunken Chet Childress calling me up saying we had to do that construction)
We're also doing a smaller 8.7 one called the soft egg, which is a modified version of the original smaller sized egg that we made.

Whew, lots of typing. Anyway, couple more points if anyone is still reading. Primitive were cool enough to let me draw that first Franky Villani Bat board, and so I aid it was cool if they wanted to use the Big Egg shape (Cos he was buying and riding those boards) and seeing as it's all at the same factory (Bareback) then I was cool about them using that shape.
Had lots of pro's from other brands hitting me up about shapes and buying em from our online store, which is really cool and flattering.

Thanks all.

Seriously,  not throwing shade but I am curious. Based on your artwork, are you guys followers of Alister Crowley or other Diest beliefs?

darkthrone

« Reply #417 on: August 08, 2020, 01:04:27 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks all.
[close]

Seriously,  not throwing shade but I am curious. Based on your artwork, are you guys followers of Alister Crowley or other Diest beliefs?

No

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #418 on: August 08, 2020, 05:28:06 AM »

Thanks all.

Awesome.. Thanks for letting franky use the egg shape. Set up 2 and hv 2 more on in storage.. Would love to try Heroin's deck, but not available in my country..

Goldeneggs

« Reply #419 on: August 08, 2020, 08:50:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thanks all.
[close]

[close]

YES

The artists for Heroin are for sure satanists, and I love it.