Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 220801 times)

GBLange

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #420 on: August 08, 2020, 09:19:53 PM »
The latest Dane Brady egg deck looks promising.. 8.75 at the widest

https://shop.polarskateco.com/products/dane-brady-skyscaper-wheel-wells-yellow

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #421 on: August 09, 2020, 09:01:13 AM »
@darkthrone do any of the eggs have a 14.75" wheelbase or do they pretty much stop at 14.5"?
You already asked this and he gave a detailed response, check the previous page.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #422 on: August 09, 2020, 10:34:47 AM »
Expand Quote
@darkthrone do any of the eggs have a 14.75" wheelbase or do they pretty much stop at 14.5"?
[close]
You already asked this and he gave a detailed response, check the previous page.

Yeah, somehow missed his response so decided to tag him. Thanks though.

No, I'm sorry they don't have 14.75 wheelbases. The Very Big Egg is a 14.38 WB.
However the Deer Man Skeletal 2 on woodsman that we just released has a really similar shape to the egg, Nose is almost identical and the tail is really slightly flatter or more squared, and its double drilled. I don't have one here to measure and give you the specs, but I think its something like 14.75 and 14.125 are the options for that one. Not 100% sure though.

Expand Quote
Do any of the Heroin eggs have a WB of 14.75" or longer?
[close]

Thanks Fos, shape looks great.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #423 on: August 10, 2020, 03:29:17 PM »
I got the Villani deck in today, and took a couple photos to compare to the couch. The Primitive has a much smaller nose and tail, and the wheelbase is 14.25, not the 14.5 that I’ve seen listed online. The couch tail is much wider, squared, and a little longer than the Villani. Also, the couch has deeper concave, and is all around fuller feeling. The couch worked perfect for me, had so many fun times on it. It will be cool to try the differences with the Villani, and see which I like more.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #424 on: August 11, 2020, 07:32:49 AM »
I got the Villani deck in today, and took a couple photos to compare to the couch. The Primitive has a much smaller nose and tail, and the wheelbase is 14.25, not the 14.5 that I’ve seen listed online. The couch tail is much wider, squared, and a little longer than the Villani. Also, the couch has deeper concave, and is all around fuller feeling. The couch worked perfect for me, had so many fun times on it. It will be cool to try the differences with the Villani, and see which I like more.

Interested to hear about how the two compare. Also, re: the fullness of the couch...

I had the loveseat a couple months back and in spite of it having a 13.875 WB it still somehow felt longer and more stable than my brown bomber (14.25 WB). Something about the amount of flat maybe?

aksanaom

• Rep: 3
« Reply #425 on: August 12, 2020, 08:57:40 PM »
The latest Dane Brady egg deck looks promising.. 8.75 at the widest

https://shop.polarskateco.com/products/dane-brady-skyscaper-wheel-wells-yellow

I just set this up today, nice feeling deck. I have 159's on them but 149's might work better. The wheel wells work great, i had 55mm conical full spitfires and i couldn’t get it to wheelbite. It feels more like an 8.3, it's very maneuverable. I think the heroin 9.125 would suit me better, but this will be my tech board

nevrwasben

« Reply #426 on: August 12, 2020, 10:15:51 PM »

Both of those look super fun in different ways.
I haven’t had a chance to ride my eggish board as I was saying bye to my P. Burke popsicle and had my 1st sesh on my new popsicle (I unfortunately only get 2-4 sessions a month); but I have my eggy one (Strsngelove 8.875) in the trunk and you make me want to pull it out next session (Tustin park this Sunday a.m. if anyone is available/willing)

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #427 on: August 26, 2020, 11:50:08 AM »
Anyone here try the Enjoi Thaynan shaped deck? Have not skated an Enjoi board in over a decade but the shape looks kinda nice.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #428 on: September 23, 2020, 06:19:15 AM »
Anyone have the Cromer egg shape? How wide is it at the trucks area?
Wondering if I can use 139s with it. I don't like trucks wider than the board

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #429 on: September 23, 2020, 07:33:58 AM »
Anyone have the Cromer egg shape? How wide is it at the trucks area?
Wondering if I can use 139s with it. I don't like trucks wider than the board

Don't have one but have held one and I believe 139s are the appropriate truck. @chris. (I think) was rocking one for a bit.

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #430 on: September 23, 2020, 07:54:57 AM »
I never did own one but I was thinking about it. Some folks here talked about how skinny it feels and it scared me off. From what I read I think 139s sound right.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #431 on: September 23, 2020, 08:02:17 AM »
I never did own one but I was thinking about it. Some folks here talked about how skinny it feels and it scared me off. From what I read I think 139s sound right.

My bad! IDK why I thought that.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #432 on: September 23, 2020, 09:13:37 AM »
Awesome, thanks. Pretty sure I'm going to hook one of these up. I like a slim egg
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 09:22:41 AM by ok boomer »

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #433 on: October 12, 2020, 06:47:51 AM »
Assuming my order went through, I should have the Krooked lil snuff in a few days.
So basically, I ride 7.75s and/or egg/ football shapes. That basically tells you I am stuck in 1992/93 and 1997-2003.
(I'm not denying it, just stating the obvious)

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #434 on: October 12, 2020, 07:10:10 AM »
Assuming my order went through, I should have the Krooked lil snuff in a few days.
So basically, I ride 7.75s and/or egg/ football shapes. That basically tells you I am stuck in 1992/93 and 1997-2003.
(I'm not denying it, just stating the obvious)

Looking forward to seeing that snuff. Those are probably way too small for me but I have some 33s and 139s so I am tempted.

I had a really hard time years ago moving up from sub-8" boards, and the return of 90s footballs were the key. Made me realize what I loved about small boards was the super tapered nose and as long as I have that, I can go wider for sure.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #435 on: October 12, 2020, 11:19:19 AM »
Not sure if I'm going to throw on my boardy cakes 44s or use my Spitfire 48s on this. Probably the Spitfires. I'm hoping to use the boardycakes on my Lotti Showgirls reissue. (I may flip flop these 2 setups, wheel wise). As soon as I get it, I'll take some pics. I bought some stickers to put on this too, which is funny because I never really put stickers on boards for the last 20 years. (The initial theory on this, was that boards only lasted me 2.5 weeks for a period there, so I didn't want to waste the stickers or something). Boards last me  way longer now

The.Tran.Man

• Rep: -2
« Reply #436 on: October 14, 2020, 07:43:02 AM »
I'm currently running the Cromer egg shape and it's been super fun for me! I'm riding Thunder 147 raws (stock bushings) with riptide pivot cups. Paired with 53 mm F4 tablets that are probably worn down to 51 mm. I would definitely not use trucks bigger than 8" as the taper is pretty dramatic. Crooked grinds I find to be a little different, but overall all the tricks I do have, have been pretty manageable and was easy to adjust. Tre flips feel nice with the rounder tail too!

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #437 on: October 14, 2020, 08:38:45 AM »
Awesome. Its on its way to me now, so I should know in a couple of days. Prefer these shapes over popsicles. But again, I am extremely biased. I pretty much only skate curbs, ledges and banks at this point anyway. Interesting on the crooked grinds, can't wait.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #438 on: October 17, 2020, 10:09:23 AM »
Got it. Top pic shows shape more accurately

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #439 on: October 17, 2020, 10:18:10 AM »
God that looks so good. I know the cards is basically a scaled up version but now I want that too, in spite of my fucking size 11 feet.

TumKayo

« Reply #440 on: October 17, 2020, 10:36:12 AM »
Loving my 10” gold egg. It’s surprisingly easy to Ollie, suv and flip. Just need to make it lighter weight and lower to the ground and it’ll be perfecto.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #441 on: October 17, 2020, 11:12:16 AM »
Loving my 10” gold egg. It’s surprisingly easy to Ollie, suv and flip. Just need to make it lighter weight and lower to the ground and it’ll be perfecto.
I dont know how Thunder 161 hollows would fit on that deck, but they definitely give the results your looking for on other big setups. Might be worth a try.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #442 on: October 17, 2020, 11:38:39 AM »
Krooked Cromer 8.13 Lil Snuff
Indy 139 standards
Spitfire bighead 48s
Bones Swiss bearings
Shorty's 7/8" allen
Jessup (see an air bubble)

Most importantly, my 1988 Cardinals Willie McGee sticker

TumKayo

« Reply #443 on: October 17, 2020, 01:28:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I dont know how Thunder 161 hollows would fit on that deck, but they definitely give the results your looking for on other big setups. Might be worth a try.

I have Indy 169s on it now, with 2.54mm risers, and 55mm cruiser wheels. It is good for cruising, but too high and bulky. I want to grab Thunder 161s, but dont need them. Will just take the risers off and get some small wheels on the indys.

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #444 on: October 17, 2020, 02:12:08 PM »
Been skating that Lovenskate Stevie Thompson 8.75 for a minute, my first egg shape ever. Generator Wood. Not sure about the wheelbase. Skating it with 149s and 53s (F4 Classics).
It's really wide for me (I usually skate 7.875 popsicles and 8.125/8.25 shaped boards), took a minute to get used to but I'm loving it, it's perfect for skating curbs and transition. Getting more soon I reckon!

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #445 on: October 17, 2020, 04:26:55 PM »
Indy 139 standards
Spitfire bighead 48s
Bones Swiss bearings
Shorty's 7/8" allen

How are you liking it so far? It looks like it had
A a pretty good tail, but I’m off of the eggs at the moment and looking for another one.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #446 on: October 17, 2020, 04:45:17 PM »
Fuck this thread, I thought I was done regarding having a second setup but after reading a little bit I remembered how much fun I had with my Villani egg and now I feel like one again.
Thinking on that anatomy of egg
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #447 on: October 18, 2020, 12:10:19 AM »
Fuck this thread, I thought I was done regarding having a second setup but

Having multiple setups is the truth.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #448 on: October 18, 2020, 04:41:39 AM »
8.38 lil snuff. Dunno where I got 8.13 lol

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #449 on: October 18, 2020, 12:32:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Indy 139 standards
Spitfire bighead 48s
Bones Swiss bearings
Shorty's 7/8" allen

[close]

How are you liking it so far? It looks like it had
A a pretty good tail, but I’m off of the eggs at the moment and looking for another one.

Skated it for about an hour this morning. Had a 'Nam style 1992 flashback and wondered why my pants weren't huge for a few minutes. Pretty fun so far. Security guard ruined my chance for some noseslides though. Must sneak back later