Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 224870 times)

Nth syd bear

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #1380 on: January 02, 2022, 01:07:21 AM »
the Oz exclusive Emu Egg

What??  Details please im very intrigued?

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1381 on: January 02, 2022, 03:29:55 AM »
I was curious when I saw Tim's board being blurred out, then when I saw this clip I just thought it could be a Snot collab, given the colour pallet.

Is this going to be OZ exclusive?
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1382 on: January 02, 2022, 04:52:08 PM »
That looks pretty cool - AU people would be stoked.

The emu head breaking out of the normal egg graphic too.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1383 on: January 03, 2022, 06:15:23 AM »
I was curious when I saw Tim's board being blurred out, then when I saw this clip I just thought it could be a Snot collab, given the colour pallet.

Fos say it's exclusive for OZ under PD distribution.

Uncle Jeffrey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #1384 on: January 06, 2022, 10:55:17 PM »
I think I asked this before. But do you think Indy 139s would jive with the deedz 8.3? Hard to tell how hard the taper is and whether it would be major magic carpet, or just right

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1385 on: January 07, 2022, 12:59:55 AM »
I think I asked this before. But do you think Indy 139s would jive with the deedz 8.3? Hard to tell how hard the taper is and whether it would be major magic carpet, or just right

they shud fit nicely with the taper.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #1386 on: January 07, 2022, 01:51:25 AM »

For reference, here’s mine on Ace 33s

take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1387 on: January 07, 2022, 03:45:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It might be weird, but as per your pic, I really like to see where the wheelbite marks appear on the deck in relation to the overall width in the truck areas.

That deck looks like it sits really well on those trucks, but I have definitely seen some that sit a long way inside, or worse some that are almost right on the edge (when the trucks are too big for the board.

Egg shaped decks just don't skate well on wider trucks, or at least the one I have didn't when I put 149s on an 8.5 egg, they just felt too wide, but the 144s or even 139s make it feel much more like it should, with the tapered kicks.

The other one I have set up is a Huffer 9.18 on 159s and that works well.

Is that just me, or others feel the same?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1388 on: January 07, 2022, 06:21:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It might be weird, but as per your pic, I really like to see where the wheelbite marks appear on the deck in relation to the overall width in the truck areas.

That deck looks like it sits really well on those trucks, but I have definitely seen some that sit a long way inside, or worse some that are almost right on the edge (when the trucks are too big for the board.

Egg shaped decks just don't skate well on wider trucks, or at least the one I have didn't when I put 149s on an 8.5 egg, they just felt too wide, but the 144s or even 139s make it feel much more like it should, with the tapered kicks.

The other one I have set up is a Huffer 9.18 on 159s and that works well.

Is that just me, or others feel the same?

I generally skate 9" egg/football shapes and strongly prefer an 8.5" truck.

I don't know the physics of it, if it has something to do with the board being so much wider in the center, but going too wide on the trucks feels a lot more noticeable on an egg than a pop. Messes with my already limited ability to flip my board.

Uncle Jeffrey

« Reply #1389 on: January 07, 2022, 10:45:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Rad thanks.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #1390 on: January 09, 2022, 05:06:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Interesting speaking of PD some Aussies might want to know that
PD distribution has Curb Killer Eggs for sale on their site at the moment

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1391 on: January 09, 2022, 01:09:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Interesting speaking of PD some Aussies might want to know that
PD distribution has Curb Killer Eggs for sale on their site at the moment

Good find!

At least they are available if people want them.

https://shop.pddist.com/collections/heroin/products/heroin-curb-killer-10-0-assorted-stains

Three left in stock.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1392 on: January 09, 2022, 01:10:40 PM »

Also this from that post about the AU Exclusive

Gonna be available in two sizes.
The perfect egg 9.125 and the 10.0 very big egg.

Nittio

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1393 on: January 13, 2022, 03:16:08 AM »
Finally I found the symmetrical 9.75 egg from a European shop! I’ve seen most of you rocking 169’s under it, would a set of Ace 55 classics be too magic carpety? I honestly prefer a flush fit here.

Is this an excuse to get a set of 66 Classics or 77 AF1?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1394 on: January 13, 2022, 05:49:14 AM »
Finally I found the symmetrical 9.75 egg from a European shop! I’ve seen most of you rocking 169’s under it, would a set of Ace 55 classics be too magic carpety? I honestly prefer a flush fit here.

Nice! Where’d you find it? Do they have any left?

Nittio

« Reply #1395 on: January 13, 2022, 06:23:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

At riotskateshop.fr! Ordered this morning, so they may have some left.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1396 on: January 13, 2022, 06:28:50 AM »
I have had fantasies of a company that only made egg shapes. All different sizes. "Egg Man skateboards", 3 minute promo video 411VM style, featuring this jam:

2nd video, be using this lad:

Heroin is pretty awesome for keeping it up obviously.

Its about to be the 30 year anniversary of Questionable (this makes me feel older than ever), so i will probably try to egg up more than usual this year. Going to try to put in a lot of work on curbs, ledges and banks this year.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1397 on: January 13, 2022, 06:55:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks mate! I ordered one. I sure as hell don’t need more boards right now and I’d have use for that money elsewhere too but I still ordered one. Let’s hope they can deliver.  :)

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #1398 on: January 13, 2022, 09:15:16 AM »
I have had fantasies of a company that only made egg shapes. All different sizes. "Egg Man skateboards", 3 minute promo video 411VM style, featuring this jam:

Its about to be the 30 year anniversary of Questionable (this makes me feel older than ever), so i will probably try to egg up more than usual this year. Going to try to put in a lot of work on curbs, ledges and banks this year.

The homie video is going to have an entire intro part based on egg man because it’s my favorite beastie song, by a fucking landslide.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Nittio

« Reply #1399 on: January 13, 2022, 09:56:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thanks mate! I ordered one. I sure as hell don’t need more boards right now and I’d have use for that money elsewhere too but I still ordered one. Let’s hope they can deliver.  :)

I know! This egg hunt involves both the feeling of thrill and quilt. I invested far too many hours looking for that board not to buy it. Now I’ll probably spend that same hours thinking about what trucks to get.

Most of my buddies skate the same combo of an 8.5 Anti-Hero eagle, 149’s and 54mm 99A’s over and over again. They actually do some progress on their boards not wasting time on this madness :)

disclosed

• Rep: 175
« Reply #1400 on: January 13, 2022, 10:02:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I know! This egg hunt involves both the feeling of thrill and quilt. I invested far too many hours looking for that board not to buy it. Now I’ll probably spend that same hours thinking about what trucks to get.

Most of my buddies skate the same combo of an 8.5 Anti-Hero eagle, 149’s and 54mm 99A’s over and over again. They actually do some progress on their boards not wasting time on this madness :)

oh god. it was kinda nice knowing i couln't get one in europe cause i sure as hell don't need more boards ether. still got a fresh Curb Killer waiting. man its soo tempting knowing i can get one now.. but i need to save money for the next drop.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1401 on: January 13, 2022, 10:04:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The homie video is going to have an entire intro part based on egg man because it’s my favorite beastie song, by a fucking landslide.

Egg Man is a vibe for sure. I think I spent a good year listening to that song every day. The egg, a symbol of life!

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1402 on: January 14, 2022, 09:57:02 PM »

66 classics / 77 af1 shud be fine. i set mine with 77af1.

Uncle Jeffrey

« Reply #1403 on: January 14, 2022, 10:51:28 PM »
The Deedz giraffe egg was on sale so I ordered one. Got home today with two identical packages from them. And exact order number and packing slip in each box. Gotta see if they'll send me a label to send one back.

The question is, which to keep?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #1404 on: January 14, 2022, 11:21:56 PM »
The Deedz giraffe egg was on sale so I ordered one. Got home today with two identical packages from them. And exact order number and packing slip in each box. Gotta see if they'll send me a label to send one back.

Did you pay for both? Keep both (if you can afford it)

Uncle Jeffrey

« Reply #1405 on: January 14, 2022, 11:33:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Only one charge I'm aware of. I'll double check but it's literally the same order # meaning someone in the warehouse probably double printed it and then they got boxed as if separate orders.

So a freebie

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #1406 on: January 14, 2022, 11:49:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Only one charge I'm aware of. I'll double check but it's literally the same order # meaning someone in the warehouse probably double printed it and then they got boxed as if separate orders.

So a freebie
Dam props for being that good a person.
I'd take it as karma paying me back for other times I've been ripped off haha

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1407 on: January 15, 2022, 03:49:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just ordered one of these Heroin Double Shovel egg hybrids. Gonna give it a try and see if I like it.     
https://socalskateshop.com/Heroin-X-Dare-Double-Shovel-Shaped-Skateboard-Deck-9x325.html#!?cc_decks=120914&c=cc_grip-tape
[close]
Thanks for pointing out that they made another run. I hadn't see it in any catalogs yet. It's a really fun shape. Nose is a little steeper and maybe a tetch longer but still pretty twinny.
[close]

Does socal skateshop just make up their own dimensions??
Or do they know something I dont??
[close]

The header is one thing, but then lower down it has different info, so who knows what to think.  Is is 32.5 or 31.6 long?

9x32.5 Heroin X Dare Double Shovel Shaped Deck

Deck Specs:
Width: 9"
Length: 31.6"
Wheelbase: 14.125"
[close]

Eggactly..
[close]

Listed as 9.0 x 31.6, 14.125 WB in the caption
what up egg heads, i'm thinking about one of these DARE double shovel shapes but curious on the dims and truck pairings. is it 9"ish over the trucks, or is there some tapering? i ran a quick search to see if anyone posted a setup i could scope out but i didn't immediately see anything.

basically, i have a pair of indy 149s that i want to put it over but i don't want to get too magic carpeted. and i know that alt shapes can vary really widely in terms of the widest point vs what's actually over the trucks.

also: it doesn't actually look very egglike to me, but the "square shaped deck" thread is DOA, so i digress...

1090 jake

• Rep: -9
« Reply #1408 on: January 15, 2022, 03:51:51 PM »

im rockin wit y'all if y'all rockin wit me

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #1409 on: January 15, 2022, 04:10:54 PM »