Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 224847 times)

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #1410 on: January 15, 2022, 05:32:05 PM »
Gon shred this bad boy soon

Woodshop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1411 on: January 15, 2022, 06:25:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just ordered one of these Heroin Double Shovel egg hybrids. Gonna give it a try and see if I like it.     
https://socalskateshop.com/Heroin-X-Dare-Double-Shovel-Shaped-Skateboard-Deck-9x325.html#!?cc_decks=120914&c=cc_grip-tape
[close]
Thanks for pointing out that they made another run. I hadn't see it in any catalogs yet. It's a really fun shape. Nose is a little steeper and maybe a tetch longer but still pretty twinny.
[close]

Does socal skateshop just make up their own dimensions??
Or do they know something I dont??
[close]

The header is one thing, but then lower down it has different info, so who knows what to think.  Is is 32.5 or 31.6 long?

9x32.5 Heroin X Dare Double Shovel Shaped Deck

Deck Specs:
Width: 9"
Length: 31.6"
Wheelbase: 14.125"
[close]

Eggactly..
[close]

Listed as 9.0 x 31.6, 14.125 WB in the caption
[close]
what up egg heads, i'm thinking about one of these DARE double shovel shapes but curious on the dims and truck pairings. is it 9"ish over the trucks, or is there some tapering? i ran a quick search to see if anyone posted a setup i could scope out but i didn't immediately see anything.

basically, i have a pair of indy 149s that i want to put it over but i don't want to get too magic carpeted. and i know that alt shapes can vary really widely in terms of the widest point vs what's actually over the trucks.

also: it doesn't actually look very egglike to me, but the "square shaped deck" thread is DOA, so i digress...

Quite a few of those sort of decks will work best with wider wheels on 149s, but might be a little weird on thinner wheels.

Every time I see shaped deck questions, I will see if Conflict shop has it, as they list all the dimensions including what it is over the truck areas.

https://www.conflictskates.co.uk/heroin-dead-dave-lives---double-shovel--skateboard-deck-90-x-3175-green--pool-ramp-32878-p.asp

9.0" x 31.75"
7.0" nose
6.625" tail
14.25" WB (measured from inner to inner holes)
New hole truck pattern
Width over front truck : 8.875"
Width over rear truck : 9.0"

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #1412 on: January 15, 2022, 06:45:43 PM »
This is one of the best decks I have ever had.. the shorter nose makes the board feel so light and easy to move around.
hollow indy 159 forged
the first egg heroin did based of the Carrol deck
Soft d spitfires... 95D 52mm
swiss
cock and ball nuts and bolts

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #1413 on: January 15, 2022, 06:46:49 PM »
here is the top with jessup

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1414 on: January 17, 2022, 11:07:19 AM »
This is one of the best decks I have ever had.. the shorter nose makes the board feel so light and easy to move around.
hollow indy 159 forged
swiss

Which Carroll board? Did not know of this

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1415 on: January 17, 2022, 11:33:49 AM »
hollow indy 159 forged
swiss
Did you happen to get a blank that was the same shape, or did you paint over the original Heroin graphic?  If it's the latter, that's an expensive deck (on the reseller market) you just set up!

user18081971

« Reply #1416 on: January 17, 2022, 12:02:48 PM »
I think Fos said in an interview that that was a Mike Carroll plan b board, maybe the Nirvana graphic. iirc it was Daniel Shimizu’s request.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1417 on: January 17, 2022, 01:33:06 PM »
Dang, need that shape in my life in 2022

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #1418 on: January 17, 2022, 02:26:13 PM »
I think Fos said in an interview that that was a Mike Carroll plan b board, maybe the Nirvana graphic. iirc it was Daniel Shimizu’s request.
"The first egg shape we made was suggested by Shimizu, it was loosely based on a Mike Carrol shape. I don’t know if you remember shapes back then but the wheelbases were super short, all under 14”, so it was 8.5 but because of the wheelbase it felt much smaller. "
http://www.heroinskateboarding.com/blog/2020/10/20/egg-history

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1419 on: January 17, 2022, 03:39:00 PM »
Huffer Iggle someone sent me a pic of:

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1420 on: January 17, 2022, 03:42:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
"The first egg shape we made was suggested by Shimizu, it was loosely based on a Mike Carrol shape. I don’t know if you remember shapes back then but the wheelbases were super short, all under 14”, so it was 8.5 but because of the wheelbase it felt much smaller. "

Wish I had known that. Plan B 1992 are my faves of all time

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1421 on: January 17, 2022, 03:42:34 PM »

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #1422 on: January 17, 2022, 05:30:20 PM »

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #1423 on: January 17, 2022, 05:54:18 PM »

God it’s fucking beautiful. Shaped eagles are just gorgeous.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1424 on: January 17, 2022, 07:25:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i want them beachbum..

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1425 on: January 17, 2022, 07:55:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i want them beachbum..
that blue eagle is accounted for
sorry to everyone who missed out
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1426 on: January 17, 2022, 08:15:35 PM »
Glad to see the Huffer in solid rotation. There are three versions floating around right now. the cards, the curbaggedon and now the shaped eagle. I think I have enough in my stockpile for the time being but its hard not to get them all.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1427 on: January 18, 2022, 02:09:27 AM »
Glad to see the Huffer in solid rotation. There are three versions floating around right now. the cards, the curbaggedon and now the shaped eagle. I think I have enough in my stockpile for the time being but its hard not to get them all.

I am thinking this could make it into the "standard lines" with the eagle graphic and how popular the shape is, but who knows really.

At least I think they will be out in sufficient numbers to keep people happy for now, as well as into the future, depending on how many people squirrel away.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1428 on: January 18, 2022, 02:13:41 AM »
egg shaped boards i don’t know, egg shaped penis tho. epstein
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1429 on: January 18, 2022, 02:22:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I know I had seen the graphic before, but I just cannot recall ever seeing one anywhere, so had to look it up.

There were some collectors pics and even one listing, but this might be the best info / pic:

https://picclick.co.uk/Rare-Signed-CD-Mike-Carroll-Slick-Skateboard-Deck%C2%A0-323212436093.html

Or this one:

https://uselessplastictoys.tumblr.com/post/13823453852/plan-b-mike-carroll-nevertrend-reedition

* sorry I get a bit carried away, but it looks like a rad board shape too.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1430 on: January 18, 2022, 07:02:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I know I had seen the graphic before, but I just cannot recall ever seeing one anywhere, so had to look it up.

There were some collectors pics and even one listing, but this might be the best info / pic:

https://picclick.co.uk/Rare-Signed-CD-Mike-Carroll-Slick-Skateboard-Deck%C2%A0-323212436093.html

Or this one:

https://uselessplastictoys.tumblr.com/post/13823453852/plan-b-mike-carroll-nevertrend-reedition

Love that era. Would be cool if Heroin made more of this shape. Would hurry up and buy for sure

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1431 on: January 18, 2022, 09:32:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Finally I found the symmetrical 9.75 egg from a European shop! I’ve seen most of you rocking 169’s under it, would a set of Ace 55 classics be too magic carpety? I honestly prefer a flush fit here.

Is this an excuse to get a set of 66 Classics or 77 AF1?
[close]

Nice! Where’d you find it? Do they have any left?
[close]

At riotskateshop.fr! Ordered this morning, so they may have some left.
[close]

Thanks mate! I ordered one. I sure as hell don’t need more boards right now and I’d have use for that money elsewhere too but I still ordered one. Let’s hope they can deliver.  :)

Arrived today! I didn’t think it would but it fucking did! So stoked! I know what board I’m gonna be setting up once the outdoor season starts this year! Now I gotta decide whether to put Ace 66 Classics or 77 AF1s on it. 66 Classics do come in that dripping sexy purple, which is tempting me greatly.  ;D

Thanks again @Nittio !

Uncle Jeffrey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #1432 on: January 18, 2022, 01:01:53 PM »
In line to get my booster shot, then hopefully I'll skate it off and break in the egg. Did possibly my worst grip cutting job of all time, it was either ripping inwards towards the deck, or the knife was skating away leaving too much grip...

Enjoi reached out and I'll ship the duplicate order deck back but they gave me a 30% coupon code for next time. I'll post a pic when I ride it, looks good on the 139s I think. Only a tiny bit of magic carpet.

Edit: feels good. Instantly liking the real estate over my 8" but riding like it's smaller. My pinky toe on my pushing foot has been fucked for months though, really bugging me, so going to hang out up after just cruising
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 01:42:59 PM by Uncle Jeffrey »

darkthrone

• Rep: 156
« Reply #1433 on: January 19, 2022, 12:08:24 AM »
Hey, Fos here, that first Shimizu was actually based very loosely off the H-Street Macaroni Kid board.
Riding it (in 2016 when we first did it) it was way too short and the WB was tiny, it felt like a mini or something. I revisited it in 2018 and based the WB and length on more modern board specs, that was the 9.125 Big Egg, and everything else has been more or less loose variations on that since.
Got four new eggs in the Heroin catalog that launches Feb 1st.
Fried Egg 2 8.9, Symmetrical Egg 9.25, Symmetrical Egg 9.5, and Curb Killer 2 10".

Nittio

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1434 on: January 19, 2022, 01:22:46 AM »
Your fellow Finn is still waiting for his 9.75 @Roisto, I was so excited when ordering that I misspelled my e-mail address, doh! On its way now! Want to set it up right away, but my current Blast egg barely gets a scratch skating only indoors during our nearly 9 winter months.

Good news @darkthrone regarding the future eggs! The 8.9 Fried egg is really my favourite shape ever, so I’ll be on the lookout when it hits European shores.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1435 on: January 19, 2022, 03:18:42 AM »
Your fellow Finn is still waiting for his 9.75 @Roisto, I was so excited when ordering that I misspelled my e-mail address, doh! On its way now! Want to set it up right away, but my current Blast egg barely gets a scratch skating only indoors during our nearly 9 winter months.

Good news @darkthrone regarding the future eggs! The 8.9 Fried egg is really my favourite shape ever, so I’ll be on the lookout when it hits European shores.

Ha! Didn’t know you’re from Finland as well. Figured you’d be French as it’s a French shop.  ;D I don’t even know if I ever got a notification for shipment as all the emails were in French but yesterday I got a notification from Posti that there’s a package for me to pick up and there it was.

SkatePharm earlier on tried to swindle me with a 9.0” Heroin symmetrical egg order. Never delivered, no replies to emails or anything. Had to make a PayPal claim to get my money back. Figured something like that might happen now too as I can be a bit of a pessimist at times but Riot skate shop handled this beautifully!

I have the Blast egg also but I haven’t skated it yet. Figured I’d save it for the outdoor season. I actually haven’t skated at all in almost a month. Xmas, moved to a new apartment and got the damn corona on top of it all. Hopefully next week I’ll be able to go skate again.  :)

Shady Individual

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1436 on: January 19, 2022, 11:13:05 AM »

Or this one:

[/quote]

All of those pics are of the Cease&Desist reissue and not the 1992 original . I've owned one and thought it looked great until I bought a nice used original and realized it's been completely redone:

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1437 on: January 19, 2022, 11:54:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Or this one:

All of those pics are of the Cease&Desist reissue and not the 1992 original . I've owned one and thought it looked great until I bought a nice used original and realized it's been completely redone:

[/quote]

I could be wrong, but I think some of the C&D decks don't always have the original shape either? I do appreciate what they do though. (Believe I've seen some World Industries Klein Mario C&D boards with diff. shapes) 1992 boards are the shit though

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1438 on: January 19, 2022, 03:36:33 PM »

That's amazing!!

Thanks for posting.

My own board history (and memory) is minimal from back then, with most things only pieced together from pictures, articles and other information posted by people of their own boards and memories.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1439 on: January 20, 2022, 06:24:50 PM »
Sick setup