Author Topic: richmond va  (Read 2258 times)

nooky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
richmond va
« on: June 25, 2018, 05:34:17 AM »
some spots:

texas beach diy
pump house diy (tiny and literally on top of the river but looks like more shit is being done)
28th street park
southside community center (skatelite ramps)
ditch diy spot (southside, by taboo, pretty sick)
dirty curb (parking garage, roll on long ass curb, 6th and cary)
suntrust (marble benches)
bryant park crusty cobble bank
lost bowl (gotta know someone)
laurel skatepark (weird bmx bowl, legit vert half pipe and wavey jersey barrier qp thing)
vmfa (will get booted but fun for a lap or two)
albert hill middle school (fun bank, stairs)

haven't been to brick spot or hippoland. I know theres some waxed spots and a pole jam or two around VCU. heard white banks are long dead. is there a jersey barrier/diy spot around broad street under a bridge? saw something on instagram.

shops, crews, etc -

venue
utmost
shipyard
solace of mind
good time co
monkeybrainz
delores wheel co
rasa project
bust crew

who has got more??
I started getting a lot better when I went back to college and started taking a lot of math classes when I was 31.

I figured out how to figure things out better, if that makes sense.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: richmond va
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 05:56:09 PM »
bump.

What's new here?
Gonna be on Spring Break next Monday thru Saturday.

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 06:30:35 PM »
bump.

What's new here?
Gonna be on Spring Break next Monday thru Saturday.

Texas beach has been worked on a ton over the past few years

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Coe8HYhp_fC/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Paradise Park was pretty grimy last time I went but if you got fat soft wheels maybe you can get something there.

https://foursquare.com/v/paradise-park/4bc8fdc9cc8cd13a97cebacf

Southside Community Center park is now a big bowl I think with some some stairs/rails I haven’t been in a while so not sure the specifics.

And if you’re feeling spicy the City Hall ledges are smooth.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

beavis

• Rep: 3
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2023, 10:43:58 AM »
yeah southside community center was rebuilt last year. all concrete. it's a little ways from downtown  https://goo.gl/maps/2pfSaqeHTXRsPAcU8

not sure how crowded it gets in the afternoon but the one time i went in the morning only ~5 people there. mostly kids

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2023, 05:24:24 PM »
There's several Virginia-famous spots in the little downtown zone by the suntrust plaza. You can easily spend a night or afternoon skating a few block radius and having fun the whole time.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2023, 05:15:50 PM »

Shalom Peterson

• Rep: 21
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2023, 06:17:13 PM »
So when I had instagram I used to follow this dude from Richmond and he used to skate this brick bank that lead to a slappy curb on top? It looked like a parking garage of some sort. The brick banks were basically cuts in the side of the building (there's multiple brink banks at this spot). Idk how to describe it but it looked like the most amazing spot ever. The curb on top was pitch black from wax so ppl definitely skate it. Can anybody help me out?

I just moved to Blacksburg from FL and have been looking for other VA towns to skate. I've hit Charlottesville park a couple times and skated DC once but nothing else. BBurg and CBurg are fun but small. Gets boring quickly.

bombsaway86

• Rep: 152
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2023, 10:58:00 PM »
So when I had instagram I used to follow this dude from Richmond and he used to skate this brick bank that lead to a slappy curb on top? It looked like a parking garage of some sort. The brick banks were basically cuts in the side of the building (there's multiple brink banks at this spot). Idk how to describe it but it looked like the most amazing spot ever. The curb on top was pitch black from wax so ppl definitely skate it. Can anybody help me out?

I just moved to Blacksburg from FL and have been looking for other VA towns to skate. I've hit Charlottesville park a couple times and skated DC once but nothing else. BBurg and CBurg are fun but small. Gets boring quickly.

I grew up in Blacksburg (also moved there from Florida when I was 10). VT campus has a ton of spots to skate. If you’re into parks, Bedford isn’t too terribly far. Fayetteville WV is well worth the drive too. I don’t live in Blacksburg anymore but it’s a nice place, hope you’re enjoying it

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2023, 05:49:11 PM »

At this intersection: https://goo.gl/maps/JtwHAzd6haASR5eg7

Shalom Peterson

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2023, 05:53:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
At this intersection: https://goo.gl/maps/JtwHAzd6haASR5eg7

YES! That's it. Thank you

Shalom Peterson

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2023, 06:07:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I grew up in Blacksburg (also moved there from Florida when I was 10). VT campus has a ton of spots to skate. If you’re into parks, Bedford isn’t too terribly far. Fayetteville WV is well worth the drive too. I don’t live in Blacksburg anymore but it’s a nice place, hope you’re enjoying it

I work on campus so unfortunately skating most spots on campus is a no go :(. Can't risk being seen. I bomb all the hills and skate things like curb cuts and grass gaps, but nothing major. Drill field is pretty cool rn because it has these plastic barriers scattered everywhere perfect for skating.

I love it here but the skate scene is awful. Greenhouse is dope, but it seems like almost nobody skates. It's rare to ever see anybody at the skateparks, and it's usually scooter kids. I've seen way more electric boards and longboards than I ever have in my life. I'm looking to other VA cities at this point. Gotta network a lil bit I suppose. I gotta plan a trip to Richmond within these next weeks

FBC91

• Rep: 2
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2023, 03:21:32 AM »
any good covered spots to skate on a rainy day?  what about slappy spots with some nice curbs and smooth concrete?

gravityslips

• Rep: 5
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2023, 10:23:26 PM »
does anyone know the nearest public mini ramp to richmond? i can't think of anything closer than va beach

bombsaway86

• Rep: 152
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2023, 12:17:05 AM »
does anyone know the nearest public mini ramp to richmond? i can't think of anything closer than va beach

There’s a metal mini ramp right behind Caroline County high school near Bowling Green. Probably 30ish minutes from downtown Richmond. It’s around 3ft tall and 12ft wide. I used to live close to it so I skated it a lot. If I was living in Richmond, I’d rather skate the new southside park or Charlottesville

Caroline County Skate Park
https://maps.app.goo.gl/1qbyiF1nkqbhUpPU8?g_st=ic

Shalom Peterson

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2023, 03:59:11 AM »
Went to the Texas Beach contest yesterday

Richmond Locals FUCKING RIP
and that is by far the nicest DIY I've ever seen

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)