Author Topic: Female SOTY  (Read 6947 times)

Surf-goth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -677
Re: Female SOTY
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2018, 12:57:58 PM »
I don’t get why we are even talking about gender as male/female.  I learned in school that gender is a fluid spectrum made up of cis and trans and nonbinary genderqueers. 

You guys talking about just boys and girls is making me upset to the point of nausea.  Skating is the last place I would have expected this kind of hate thought.  :(

I hope you're kidding cause that's some fruitcake ass shit
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Dermbot

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2018, 02:13:57 PM »
It would have been Mar Dal. None of the rest are worthy. 3 X-games golds in a row. Homie video parts and ZERO video parts same year as X games gold. None of her parts had park footy. All streets. KF FB 10 stair rails. doing flip tricks down spots Tguns and Duffel were skating at the same time. Again, none of the rest are even worthy.

Shouldnt get SOTY for only doing BS airs on every QP and wearing pink, which has been that status quo for the vast majority of chick skaters.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 02:16:46 PM by Sect Eye Monster »

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1193
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2018, 02:29:04 PM »
It would have been Mar Dal. None of the rest are worthy.

Shouldnt get SOTY for only doing BS airs on every QP and wearing pink, which has been that status quo for the vast majority of chick skaters.

I can understand your point, but I feel like it’s so subjective.  While Nora’s skating might not be the best on paper, watching her skate makes me want to go out and skate the same way Man Down did 15 years ago
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Dermbot

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2018, 02:36:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I can understand your point, but I feel like it’s so subjective.  While Nora’s skating might not be the best on paper, watching her skate makes me want to go out and skate the same way Man Down did 15 years ago

Yea but its about who rips harder. not who is having the most fun. (on paper)

I feel like Nora could win SOTY without even skating at this point...

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2018, 02:37:48 PM »
Expand Quote
I don’t get why we are even talking about gender as male/female.  I learned in school that gender is a fluid spectrum made up of cis and trans and nonbinary genderqueers. 

You guys talking about just boys and girls is making me upset to the point of nausea.  Skating is the last place I would have expected this kind of hate thought.  :(
[close]

You should learn how to use a hyphen.

opinionated bastard

• Rep: -179
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2018, 02:38:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

100%, gnar mar was the best out for years and very ahead of the female skater curve

While it is subjective, generally speaking the SOTY is the best skter for that year, mix of style, gnarliness, accomplishments, and public appeal. While nora is gnarly and looks like she has alot of fun, and makes people want to skate there is no reason why she should be the SOTY over someone such as Zion Wright or Nyjah

I think Andy Brinkers mom Katie Brinker said it best in the 1998 Disney channel classic "Brink", "Skate better"-Katie Brinker

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2018, 02:47:11 PM »
Marissa, Alexis, Breana, maybe Nora, I would say Elissa but she hasn't put in work in over a decade apart from recent footage. Although she had a cool part I am not going to just go with the grain. These other gals have busted their asses to get where they're. Marissa for sure and Alexis definitely should get it, if not make a better category just to spite Thrasher and say we don't need their approval or want it!
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

Surf-goth

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2018, 02:56:13 PM »
It would have been Mar Dal. None of the rest are worthy. 3 X-games golds in a row. Homie video parts and ZERO video parts same year as X games gold. None of her parts had park footy. All streets. KF FB 10 stair rails. doing flip tricks down spots Tguns and Duffel were skating at the same time. Again, none of the rest are even worthy.

Straight up agree. Marissa was at a level girls aren't even at now
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Surf-goth

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2018, 02:59:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Teach me.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2018, 03:10:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

SIGH :-\ it's this kind of pussy ass shit that makes me cringe in disgust and wish for kids who learned that bullshit of hypersensitivity to get beat with a belt. This is what's wrong with this generation like Micheal Jordan says in that one meme about doing drugs just stop it get some help....

[close]
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2018, 03:19:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Teach me.

So, in your reply, "fruitcake ass shit" doesn't make sense without a hyphen. The brain tries to make sense of it by inserting a hyphen, or possibly even a comma. The hyphen could go in either space, i.e. "fruitcake-ass" or "ass-shit". So, when reading your sentence, the language gets confused, and therefore your important message gets muddled. I'm guessing you meant for "fruitcake" and "ass" to go together, so put the hyphen there, and readers will be able to giggle with delight at your colorful descriptor confusion-free.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1193
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2018, 04:16:45 PM »
I read it as “fruitcake-ass” as sort of a compound adjective and “shit” being the noun.  “Fruitcake ass-shit” would have been too redundant.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Pigeon

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2018, 08:57:57 PM »
fruitcake ass-shit...learning new phrases everyday

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2018, 09:08:43 PM »
The question is should there be a separate division for a female SOTY? Either way its only a matter of time. The girl skaters these days are getting super gnarly, they put TK to shame.

Pigeon

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2018, 09:33:37 PM »
The question is should there be a separate division for a female SOTY? Either way its only a matter of time. The girl skaters these days are getting super gnarly, they put TK to shame.
What doesn’t put TK to shame?

revfredmorton

• Rep: -50
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2018, 10:24:20 PM »
pierced nipples  :-*

dreamstreetskate

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2018, 11:13:41 PM »
This place is like the fucking twilight zone.

shark tits

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2018, 04:33:26 AM »
bill burr says 'start your own thrasher, ladies'

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2018, 04:47:05 AM »
Breana part was much better than I expected after the first insta clips posted up here... wanna say https://www.instagram.com/kateshengeliya/ but no big new edit this year just a skate crush on her mad unique style and making youth size boards a thing again

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2018, 04:49:23 AM »
On Bill Burr's Thursday podcasts they end it with throwbacks from his podcasts 9 or 10 years ago and he was way angrier back then. Being a dad has softened him, in a good way, he still goes in but not as angry.

Backheels

• Rep: -160
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2018, 04:59:34 AM »

You picked the gnarliest girls against an aging male pro who's known for his lack of progression. Incredibly disingenuous hyperbole.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2018, 08:16:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You picked the gnarliest girls against an aging male pro who's known for his lack of progression. Incredibly disingenuous hyperbole.

It's not incredibly disingenuous if it's true though. Maybe just plain old disingenuous.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2018, 08:20:00 AM »
S dot

« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:23:20 AM by VHS ERA »

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 463
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2018, 08:31:39 AM »
I don't think a woman will win SOTY anytime soon, but the idea of a women's SOTY is great.

I guess the calculations for WSOTY should be the same; meaning that contest wins and footage not released by Thrasher count for nothing.

That would take Jenn Soto and Sammaria, my top two contenders, out of it for now.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Surf-goth

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2018, 09:17:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Teach me.
[close]

So, in your reply, "fruitcake ass shit" doesn't make sense without a hyphen. The brain tries to make sense of it by inserting a hyphen, or possibly even a comma. The hyphen could go in either space, i.e. "fruitcake-ass" or "ass-shit". So, when reading your sentence, the language gets confused, and therefore your important message gets muddled. I'm guessing you meant for "fruitcake" and "ass" to go together, so put the hyphen there, and readers will be able to giggle with delight at your colorful descriptor confusion-free.

Thanks dude . we all need a liitle guidance sometimes.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2018, 10:26:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Teach me.
[close]

[close]

Thanks dude . we all need a liitle guidance sometimes.
My favorite part of this whole back-and-forth is that surf-goth has a hyphen in his name
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2018, 10:59:51 AM »
not when dudes are back tailing EL T and fakie flipping benches from flat. But a separate WSOTY award would make sense.

cynical cow

• Rep: 27
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2018, 05:50:25 PM »

Definitely. Her zero part was next level for females. I feel like she was past the level of current female skaters.

Also this chick...love her style.

Pigeon

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2018, 06:28:58 PM »
A lot of female skateboarders have worse kits than Supreme kids.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2018, 04:19:46 AM »
Yeah but what's the point of any sort of SOTY now that we have the Olympics

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down