Author Topic: The Tennis Thread  (Read 4247 times)

G raham

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -49
Re: The Tennis Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2023, 03:23:31 PM »
Grandpa won the Australian Open :') Dennis Pails.

Havent played in a while but love it when I do, personally like Medvedev at the moment despite every Australian not liking him I think hes just misunderstood.

Fuck Djokovic

Kyrgios is alright
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2023, 03:31:50 PM »
I was supposed to go the Aussie open January 2021, but it got canceled for obvious reasons.

Would’ve been my 3rd out of the 4 Grand Slams.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2023, 06:12:42 PM »
Love that shit, watch it every night in summer here.

Was spewing to see kokkinakis go down to the spaniard, was sick to see di minaur beatt Nadal. Nadal always looks so upset when he loses.  His losing face kinda reminds me of when a dogs been bred too much

Spewing Nicky's knees fucked, won't get shit out of him this year. On that note I also enjoy doubles and mixed doubles
listen to cosmic psychos

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2023, 07:51:38 PM »
I wanna like Tiafoe because he’s a black American but I hate his style. The really young Spanish dude with the shoulders is sick, I also like Gael Monfils, and that 6’11 guy.

Problem with men’s Tennis is that it’s been 15 years of dudes just kinda waiting for Nadal and Djokovich to retire (Feds just called it quits recently). I feel like the big 3 era should’ve produced way more unconventional playstyles from competitors over the years.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2023, 04:35:20 AM »
I’ve always been Team Rafa, but hell yeah McKenzie McDonald.

I watched the first episode of that Netflix series and was happy the ITF/ATP/WTA likely sanctioned it. Tennis needs an audience for this new blood.

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 28
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2023, 04:58:23 AM »
I grew up in the junior tennis scene of Florida. I once made it to the finals of a tournament held at the nick bollettieri tennis academy (where Andre Agassi grew up training.) Tennis is very mentally taxing. You are all alone out there on the court. Coach ain't allowed to say shit. I eventually fizzled out on the tennis in maybe 7th grade and found skateboarding, but I did play for my high school team at the request of my grandfather. He loved tennis so much and bribed me to try out for the team because he wanted to see me play again. I haven't played in a few years, but I still got the rackets in my closet in case i get the itch.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2023, 05:01:43 AM »
I grew up in the junior tennis scene of Florida. I once made it to the finals of a tournament held at the nick bollettieri tennis academy (where Andre Agassi grew up training.) Tennis is very mentally taxing. You are all alone out there on the court. Coach ain't allowed to say shit. I eventually fizzled out on the tennis in maybe 7th grade and found skateboarding, but I did play for my high school team at the request of my grandfather. He loved tennis so much and bribed me to try out for the team because he wanted to see me play again. I haven't played in a few years, but I still got the rackets in my closet in case i get the itch.

I played on my high school team too. Still play in men’s leagues as well.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2023, 03:16:33 AM »
Djokovic is about to take Dimitrov out. He very well may take the 93 title milestone this slam.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2023, 04:05:49 AM »
i really want to get into tennis and chess more but just more interested in skateboarding and street fighter i guess. still havent gotten bored of them.

i dont know too much about pro tennis but i have watched a little bit and like it.
my favorite player probably Montfils. looks like he is still playing too but has kind of fallen off.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2023, 04:19:28 AM »
Djokovic is about to take Dimitrov out. He very well may take the 93 title milestone this slam.

Yeah he’ll play Alex di minaur tomorrow I wanna see Alex win but idk
listen to cosmic psychos

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2023, 01:01:45 PM »
i really want to get into tennis and chess more but just more interested in skateboarding and street fighter i guess. still havent gotten bored of them.

i dont know too much about pro tennis but i have watched a little bit and like it.
my favorite player probably Montfils. looks like he is still playing too but has kind of fallen off.

Monfils just became a father, so him and his wife Zelina Svitolina are on hiatus from competition.

Monfils is one of my favorite players. I’ve watched him play in person at the US Open multiple times.

I also play Street Fighter and am primarily a Vega main, with some Sagat, and Menat sprinkled in.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2023, 02:36:32 AM »
Alex di minaur is just getting pumped here
listen to cosmic psychos

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2023, 04:27:11 AM »
Novak with the Aussie Open win. Wonder how those Australian politicians like that. 😂

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2023, 07:11:28 AM »
Novak with the Aussie Open win. Wonder how those Australian politicians like that. 😂

I absolutely love the Nole win last night and Gauff the night before.

I’m a huge Djokovic and Medvedev fan. I caught Djokovic’s men’s final win in 2018 and the Medvedev at the Miami open earlier this year.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2023, 01:23:31 PM »
Do not care about Djoker at all. Did tear up when Coco won tho.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2023, 04:59:39 PM »
Do not care about Djoker at all. Did tear up when Coco won tho.

I love that he won the men’s championship the moment they let him back into each country. He’s definitely taking goat status from Rafa and Fed.

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 35
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2023, 07:08:13 PM »
tennis is so fucking sick. this US Open was the first tennnis tournament i ever paid attention to and holy shit i'm hooked. fuck yeah tennis!!! mateo arnaldi and medvedev are my fuckin guys moving forward. also ben shelton just cuz Novak disrespected him and everyone thought that shit was sweet and hates Shelton and i want him to prove everyone wrong. benny boy!

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2023, 07:48:03 PM »
tennis is so fucking sick. this US Open was the first tennnis tournament i ever paid attention to and holy shit i'm hooked. fuck yeah tennis!!! mateo arnaldi and medvedev are my fuckin guys moving forward. also ben shelton just cuz Novak disrespected him and everyone thought that shit was sweet and hates Shelton and i want him to prove everyone wrong. benny boy!

I was at the Alcaraz - Arnaldi match on Labor Day.

Novak made short work of Shelton where Shelton was bulldozing everyone he faced prior.

easymoneysniper

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2023, 07:51:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Novak made short work of Shelton where Shelton was bulldozing everyone he faced prior.
that's the match that made me an Arnaldi guy ahah. thought he played well and showed some heart. made me a fan.

and yeah Novak dismantled Shelton. i was just bummed cuz he mocked the celebration and didn't say a word at the net handshake, rubbed me the wrong way. but dude's probably the best ever so he can do whatever he wants

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2023, 07:57:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
that's the match that made me an Arnaldi guy ahah. thought he played well and showed some heart. made me a fan.

and yeah Novak dismantled Shelton. i was just bummed cuz he mocked the celebration and didn't say a word at the net handshake, rubbed me the wrong way. but dude's probably the best ever so he can do whatever he wants

I still don’t know where I stand on Shelton. He’s good, but he also seems really young. He’ll be unstoppable once he matures a bit.

Arnaldi did show some heart. He seems really likeable too. He’s probably my 4th favorite Italian male tennis player.

easymoneysniper

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2023, 08:06:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I still don’t know where I stand on Shelton. He’s good, but he also seems really young. He’ll be unstoppable once he matures a bit.

Arnaldi did show some heart. He seems really likeable too. He’s probably my 4th favorite Italian male tennis player.
he's my favorite Italian-- mostly because I can't name any others lol.

yeah for a 20 year old, Shelton has a lot of potential. he's super exciting to watch as well. just needs to work on his celebrations, they're a bit corny. might have to buy a new emote pack with all the XP he gained this tournament

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2023, 08:12:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

yeah for a 20 year old, Shelton has a lot of potential. he's super exciting to watch as well. just needs to work on his celebrations, they're a bit corny. might have to buy a new emote pack with all the XP he gained this tournament

Jannik Sinner’s the best Italian right now.

Ben Shelton still isn’t the best American player right now.

easymoneysniper

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2023, 08:16:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

who do u like more? Fritz or Tiafoe?

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2023, 08:22:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
who do u like more? Fritz or Tiafoe?

Tiafoe, even though I tend to play baseline like Fritz.

I actually like Tommy Paul more than both now, but that’s the Philly area and Eagles fan bias too. The New Balance thing doesn’t hurt either.