Author Topic: Rough Cut: Jon Dickson's "Deathwish Part Two" Part  (Read 3350 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Rough Cut: Jon Dickson's "Deathwish Part Two" Part
« on: July 02, 2018, 10:22:55 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
Re: Rough Cut: Jon Dickson's "Deathwish Part Two" Part
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 12:13:12 PM »
That flick is impeccable. I'm calling he is the soty this year.. Is this the start of the baker dist. dynasty?

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 12:26:37 PM »
half hour! dude goes in!!

That flick is impeccable. I'm calling he is the soty this year.. Is this the start of the baker dist. dynasty?

i think the FA/Hockey camp have another year or two on top, but in saying that it would cool for the sober drunx to take over
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

jstankalwara

• Rep: -13
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 12:40:50 PM »
He’s got my vote for soty

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 05:52:00 PM »
I love a good temper tantrum as much as the next guy, but it’s pretty cool how calm he keeps when bailing.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 06:13:19 PM »
Damn, straight up annihilated it. Terminator steez.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 07:16:32 PM »
Damn! Cant get enough of this guy. Seriously flawless. Also that flat ground nollie flip  :o

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 436
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 11:03:33 PM »
His flip tricks must be among the best ever. For some reason his flatground nollie heels stood out to be me in this, they dared to rise up and he put them straight back down. Majestic.

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 11:38:16 PM »
His flip tricks must be among the best ever. For some reason his flatground nollie heels stood out to be me in this, they dared to rise up and he put them straight back down. Majestic.

Same here. They just look right, fluffy and smacked down.

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 07:48:34 AM »
I wrote a mash note to Jon Dickson's style on my blog after watching Deathwish Part Two over and over again for a couple days. The Rough Cut seals the deal.

"Jon Dickson skates like a speeding bulldozer with machines guns mounted on its sides, destroying gaps and tearing pants with the unstoppable force of an Incredible Hulk with sideburns and a man bun. Sure he kickflips into handrail tricks of both the slide and grind variety, and hell yes there’s cabellarials over the bar and into the bank, and of course he casually pops out of that smith grind before the knobbed end (although I’m convinced he would just plow right through that thing), and obviously he can turn a flatground frontside flip over a picnic table into a set-up trick… but the real joy of Jon Dickson in Deathwish Part 2 is the roll aways.

A man of Dickson’s power and density has no business gliding away with such poise. Check the right arm crossing gracefully in front of him. Scope the left arm swinging behind his back like a lazy boat rudder cutting the calm waters of a still lake. His knees are bent like the bank carving surf style skaters of the 1970s. His eyes glancing over his shoulder from the ground to the road ahead with no sign of surprise or shock. Take away the death defiance of the tricks and brawniness of approach and, dare I say it, Jon Dickson is an elegant skateboarder."
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Little Debbie

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 01:56:25 PM »
so Emerica better give this guy a shoe. he's a fucking animal and puts Figgy to shame. although he would most likely design something low-cut and thin.

MOUNTAIN

• Rep: 211
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 02:13:09 PM »
I wrote a mash note to Jon Dickson's style on my blog after watching Deathwish Part Two over and over again for a couple days. The Rough Cut seals the deal.

"Jon Dickson skates like a speeding bulldozer with machines guns mounted on its sides, destroying gaps and tearing pants with the unstoppable force of an Incredible Hulk with sideburns and a man bun. Sure he kickflips into handrail tricks of both the slide and grind variety, and hell yes there’s cabellarials over the bar and into the bank, and of course he casually pops out of that smith grind before the knobbed end (although I’m convinced he would just plow right through that thing), and obviously he can turn a flatground frontside flip over a picnic table into a set-up trick… but the real joy of Jon Dickson in Deathwish Part 2 is the roll aways.

A man of Dickson’s power and density has no business gliding away with such poise. Check the right arm crossing gracefully in front of him. Scope the left arm swinging behind his back like a lazy boat rudder cutting the calm waters of a still lake. His knees are bent like the bank carving surf style skaters of the 1970s. His eyes glancing over his shoulder from the ground to the road ahead with no sign of surprise or shock. Take away the death defiance of the tricks and brawniness of approach and, dare I say it, Jon Dickson is an elegant skateboarder."

We used to skate on a sculpture by Henry Moore. Good times.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 03:33:54 PM »
He’s got my vote for soty

Frontrunner so far.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 03:39:53 PM »
The board slide on the curved rail was sick. I'm hoping the guy was telling him to not skate it because that would be hilarious considering it was covered in bird shit. Also those Mutton Chops were pretty intimidating.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2018, 03:42:15 PM »
I really doubt they’re gonna give another husky deathwish dude soty again but this footage is timeless skating

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2018, 04:27:25 PM »
That flick is impeccable.
Agreed. Like the way he does that frontside flip at 11:42.

So much pop, and power,  but also finesse.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2018, 05:10:00 PM »
so Emerica better give this guy a shoe. he's a fucking animal and puts Figgy to shame. although he would most likely design something low-cut and thin.

Pretty sure the Wino slip on is his "pro model"
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2018, 05:28:03 PM »
That was some impressive stuff. His pop and flick are pure beauty.

Also that filming was on point. The subtle movements on the fisheye angles were real nice.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2018, 05:39:27 PM »
I really doubt they’re gonna give another husky deathwish dude soty again but this footage is timeless skating

Also only in skateboarding, Formula 1, and horse racing would anyone consider this dude "husky".
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2018, 08:26:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Also only in skateboarding, Formula 1, and horse racing would anyone consider this dude "husky".
you know what I mean

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2018, 09:27:27 PM »
Love his random impromptu after-make flatground tricks. That nollie flip, that fs flip..... So beautiful looking.

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2018, 09:32:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Anyone thicker than Chris Roberts is "husky".

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2018, 06:56:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
you know what I mean
Nah, that’s not husky, that’s the stock build of the type of man who goes out in the middle of the night and rips fucking wolves in half cuz their distant howling disturbed the sleep of his newborn at home.
Foy ain’t fat anymore, but he’s short and wide, Jon Dickson is something else altogether, something you should both love and fear.

Also Flip had 2 SOTYS in a row, and then a 3rd a year after that. I’m not saying that Deathwish is “sorry/really sorry” era flip, because no team will ever be like that ever again, but it’s possible that two Deathwish riders in a row could win. I don’t think it will happen in this day and age, but it’d be cool.

im probably lying

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2018, 08:01:00 AM »
The nose jam on the fence to bar was so gnarly. I would of put this ender.

Everything was done so proper. Mad respect to Jon.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2018, 10:09:04 AM »

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2018, 11:24:22 AM »

At least now jon knows he has a warm, wet home for his cock the next time he's in your city
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2018, 03:46:05 PM »
Let's just all agree that he's fucking burly.