Author Topic: shredmaster keith hanging out with  (Read 8902 times)

Mystical Leader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
Re: shredmaster keith hanging out with
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2018, 12:42:48 PM »
Stoked on Keith getting some shine!  He has a nice unique style going on. Hopefully there will be some street footy coming soon.. Does anyone know what shoes he is skating? They looked like slip ons with tassels on top? Maybe some chinatown loafers?

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2018, 03:03:03 PM »
always wondered how this kid didn't get hooked up before that little snot nosed Kader

That's THE dumbest thing I've have ever read on Slap

Joclo

• Rep: 19
  • Just wiggin out
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2018, 04:59:14 PM »
Stoked on Keith getting some shine!  He has a nice unique style going on. Hopefully there will be some street footy coming soon.. Does anyone know what shoes he is skating? They looked like slip ons with tassels on top? Maybe some chinatown loafers?

Hard to tell but I think these are close:

I think hes skating some bedroom slippers in his jenkem part
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 05:02:15 PM by Joclo »

Hands down Hass out

• Rep: 3
  • 奇妙な滞在
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2018, 02:20:28 AM »
discount Mic Murphy.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2018, 07:39:21 AM »
So I've got a "shredmaster" Keith story...

When I first moved to NYC something like 5 years ago one of my friends let me stay in his room until I found an apt. He had a girlfriend that he'd just started living with but there was time left on the lease. "Little" Keith lived on their couch.

My other friend let him live there and tried to take care of the kid because he had faith in him but was barely make ends meet himself. The other roommate who became a good friend of mine worked from home as a security consultant - aka professional hacker.

Keith would come in everyday and ask him for money to buy essentials: food, transport, toiletries, etc... He eventually started asking me for money too. One day my friend told him no, he was living there for free, and that his essentials weren't his responsibility. Dude got so pissed. He didn't like me after that either. Guilty by association, I guess.

Who knows how long he lived on their couch - maybe 6 months? The lease comes up for renewal and I'm already gone and my friend moves out into a baller ass place. He said he just wanted roommates for a bit because he got bored living alone or something but swore never to do it again haha. He'd never lived on his own before that. Shortly after the place gets a bedbug infestation so everyone has to move out. My friend who believed in Keith had to move back home because he couldn't afford living in NYC anymore.

Anyway, long story short, my interactions with the dude left a bad taste in my mouth. He always seemed ungrateful despite the fact all my friend was doing for him. My friend knew his situation at home wasn't the greatest  so he tired to shelter him. He was definitely just a  kid who was just decent at skating back then. I don't think I've ever seen him give a shout out to the dudes at that apartment.

Kudos to the dude though and my friend for believing in him. I guess he has "made it" to a certain extent in the skateboarding world and my friend saw that in Keith. I'd like to think he's at least personally expressed gratitude to my friend.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2018, 08:11:53 AM »
Kid rips.

Lost some stoke when he turned out to be another good skateboarder threatened by people who choose to ride electric skateboards. Does anyone else realize we are now the ones harassing people for riding around on unconventional devices?

Perhaps I just grew up in an era when random people harassed me for riding around on a skateboard and never want to be one of those people.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2018, 11:01:38 AM »
Kid rips.

Lost some stoke when he turned out to be another good skateboarder threatened by people who choose to ride electric skateboards. Does anyone else realize we are now the ones harassing people for riding around on unconventional devices?

Perhaps I just grew up in an era when random people harassed me for riding around on a skateboard and never want to be one of those people.

I rode one once. Kook me all you want, that shit was pretty fun.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2018, 01:44:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Kid rips.

[close]

I rode one once. Kook me all you want, that shit was pretty fun.
Better than another car on the road.

Rulla_lauta

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2018, 05:38:38 AM »
shermaster skates in vans flow

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2018, 06:01:09 AM »
Kid rips.

That would bring in the discussion that one era should shine more than another. History tells us that in the 70s we shred dawgs would have been rolling in Pepsi money and unshaven vaginal delights. The 80s the opposite; The 90s we’re the shit again, and so on.

If skateboarding is art, then it should be critiqued like art. If it isn’t absolutely done so in the highest degree of a pinnacle of the discipline, then it’s just someone having fun with it and shouldn’t be given much more focus than that. Criticism, harassment, salty judgements and poking fingers is what makes it great and cuts away the bullshit that if accepted, brings it down as a whole.

Or fuck it, let it die, pay people for a dull knife, and buy a frog board.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2018, 06:29:52 AM »
always wondered how this kid didn't get hooked up before that little snot nosed Kader
I like em both but the answer is obvious

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 06:35:52 AM by VHS ERA »

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2018, 09:17:36 AM »
Is Kader s style getting better.. those were pretty good

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2018, 12:15:39 PM »
Is Kader s style getting better.. those were pretty good

Kader is progressing no doubt. I have high hopes for his Baker 4 part.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2018, 12:22:35 PM »
He’s got a pretty good mentor for the frontside flips also