Author Topic: Business & Company  (Read 108485 times)

GAY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3335
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Re: Business & Company
« Reply #360 on: January 08, 2020, 09:05:22 AM »
Thats pretty distasteful lol

Actually, it's just faux distasteful. It's like something a 13 year old kid would look at and cover his mouth and giggle. Actual distasteful would be one of Ed Templeton's photos as the graphic.

Nicki

« Reply #361 on: January 08, 2020, 09:15:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Actually, it's just faux distasteful. It's like something a 13 year old kid would look at and cover his mouth and giggle. Actual distasteful would be one of Ed Templeton's photos as the graphic.

Correct.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #362 on: January 08, 2020, 10:05:37 AM »
happy to hear all this well base talk, even happier to know there's a bunch of people 6' and above that fuck with 14" wheel base.

I'm 6'2 and my favorite board is 8.25x32 with a 14" WB

it's actually crazy how much it fucks with my skating when I change the wb and tail length. like the difernce between being able to kickflip or not. On 14 I feel like I have a pretty decent kickflip, anything else and it just falls apart. Get's all rocket and is unpredictable.

I'd like to hear more from professor Schmitt on the tail length/flat behind the bolts shit.
I need a coffee

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #363 on: January 08, 2020, 10:23:51 AM »
happy to hear all this well base talk, even happier to know there's a bunch of people 6' and above that fuck with 14" wheel base.

I'm 6'2 and my favorite board is 8.25x32 with a 14" WB

it's actually crazy how much it fucks with my skating when I change the wb and tail length. like the difernce between being able to kickflip or not. On 14 I feel like I have a pretty decent kickflip, anything else and it just falls apart. Get's all rocket and is unpredictable.

I'd like to hear more from professor Schmitt on the tail length/flat behind the bolts shit.

I'm relatively the same height and prefer a 14-14.24" WB. That's what I grew up skating and that's what all of my muscle memory is on. I spent most of 2019 learning the hard way.

BH

• Rep: 27
« Reply #364 on: January 08, 2020, 11:09:06 AM »
I’m an MJ fan but I think these graphics are absolute garbage. It’s like Kmarts version of FA. It’s weird too cause all those early enjoi graphics he did? were good, in terms of graphic design. These seem so bad compared to that, along with the horrible promo. And every little video looks like it was done on windows movie maker with that terrible font.  Shapes look good though but the aesthetic is so corny to me

euro tm

« Reply #365 on: January 08, 2020, 12:52:31 PM »
I’m an MJ fan but I think these graphics are absolute garbage. It’s like Kmarts version of FA. It’s weird too cause all those early enjoi graphics he did? were good, in terms of graphic design. These seem so bad compared to that, along with the horrible promo. And every little video looks like it was done on windows movie maker with that terrible font.  Shapes look good though but the aesthetic is so corny to me

to be fair, fa has ripped off multiple companies and didn’t try to hide it. agreed on the videos though. now that joseph nicholas is taking over all of their video work/graphic design stuff i’ve got high hopes. he makes cool shit.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #366 on: January 08, 2020, 01:05:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Distastefaux.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #367 on: January 08, 2020, 02:22:43 PM »
Looks like the shape on the fluoro bunny would be good, but the description has a different length than the drop down menu. I would sure hate to spend 60 bucks to expect a board to be 31.75 and have it be 31.3

Also want to add theres 0 contact info and the shipping description basically says they have 7 days to ship and it’s going to take another 7-10 after that. I understand covering your ass but the website sorta has a fuck you vibe to the consumer
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 03:06:04 PM by Esmith5488 »

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #368 on: January 08, 2020, 04:12:39 PM »
https://businessandcompanyskateboards.com/collections/decks/products/flower-eyes-skateboard-deck?variant=31314990104709
8.25” x 31.75”  14.125”  WB
8.49” x 31.83”     14”  WB   
8.75” x 32”    14.25”  WB
9” x  32.375”  14.5”   WB

Interesting sizes
9" looks like an early-90's shape with a round tail
Wonder what the 8.75" looks like compared to Alien
8.49" might have the longest tail with 14" wb? hoping...

Looks like the shape on the fluoro bunny would be good, but the description has a different length than the drop down menu. I would sure hate to spend 60 bucks to expect a board to be 31.75 and have it be 31.3

Also want to add theres 0 contact info and the shipping description basically says they have 7 days to ship and it’s going to take another 7-10 after that. I understand covering your ass but the website sorta has a fuck you vibe to the consumer
Idk, it reads like they're trying to cover their asses for shipping delays and they've talk to a lawyer. Maybe MJ has an off week, maybe he fires the shipping guy? "Please allow" sounds like it could be worst case scenario. And subjugate is straight up lawyer talk to me. Who says that about sales taxes?

No contact info though is just weird.
Uhh? Hit him up on insta like man?
And please ask about tail length on the 31.83

I haven't noticed the shapes/pics changing for different popsicle shapes, I only noticed it for the 9" deck. But the shapes do look good in the all the pics I've seen.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #369 on: January 08, 2020, 04:28:47 PM »
https://businessandcompanyskateboards.com/collections/decks/products/flower-eyes-skateboard-deck?variant=31314990104709

Interesting sizes

Expand Quote

[close]
Idk, it reads like they're trying to cover their asses for shipping delays and they've talk to a lawyer. Maybe MJ has an off week, maybe he fires the shipping guy? "Please allow" sounds like it could be worst case scenario. And subjugate is straight up lawyer talk to me. Who says that about sales taxes?

I haven't noticed the shapes/pics changing for different popsicle shapes, I only noticed it for the 9" deck. But the shapes do look good in the all the pics I've seen.
I’ve hit both Marc and the biz and co insta like a man a few days ago and no word.
I would pull the trigger on the deck if it wasn’t showing two  different lengths . 31.3 is a bit to short to risk

The two bunny graphics seem to be different. The fluoro looks more full while the other one looks to have a more crail-ish point to the nose and tail.
Honestly though how hard is it to have a god damn contact email and look at it once a day when you own a business
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 04:31:08 PM by Esmith5488 »

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #370 on: January 08, 2020, 04:56:58 PM »
Expand Quote

Interesting sizes

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I’ve hit both Marc and the biz and co insta like a man a few days ago and no word.
I would pull the trigger on the deck if it wasn’t showing two  different lengths . 31.3 is a bit to short to risk

The two bunny graphics seem to be different. The fluoro looks more full while the other one looks to have a more crail-ish point to the nose and tail.
Honestly though how hard is it to have a god damn contact email and look at it once a day when you own a business & company

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #371 on: January 08, 2020, 05:59:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Interesting sizes

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Honestly though how hard is it to have a god damn contact email and look at it once a day when you own a business & company skateboards
[close]

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #372 on: January 08, 2020, 06:48:44 PM »
Marc just responded like a man in the DM’s.
Looks like I’m about to order me a biz and co deck

satan

« Reply #373 on: January 08, 2020, 07:00:07 PM »
Jesus! Don't keep us in suspense!
What did the man say?!?

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #374 on: January 08, 2020, 07:14:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What did the man say?!?
He just clarified the length and fixed the website to show the right info, I didn’t want to badger him with anything else.
He said any feedback helps and we parted ways like men.
10/10 interaction

Edit - ahh shit I totally forgot to ask about that tail that you wanted me to. That’s on me. Message the company insta and you will probably get a response
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 07:16:33 PM by Esmith5488 »

satan

« Reply #375 on: January 09, 2020, 12:57:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
What did the man say?!?
[close]
He just clarified the length and fixed the website to show the right info, I didn’t want to badger him with anything else.
10/10 interaction

Edit - ahh shit I totally forgot to ask about that tail that you wanted me to. That’s on me. Message the company insta and you will probably get a response
No worries. Nah, I'll just sit outside his house and wait like a true fan would

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #376 on: January 09, 2020, 08:06:59 AM »
I DMd when the Cindy Groceries were out of stock everywhere, explaining that Shannon May was my favorite back then. Marc responded and we fanned out on Shannon together.  Saw they are back in stock now, going to order 1, maybe 2, right now.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #377 on: January 09, 2020, 12:56:59 PM »
Got an email from their shipping guy asking a few questions about my favorite skaters and my favorite graphic of theirs and sorta talked about shapes and he described them basically as dlx shapes

fang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #378 on: January 09, 2020, 01:42:15 PM »
Was it Mr. Rogers?

Lord Quas

• Rep: 18
  • enter the liquid realm
« Reply #379 on: January 09, 2020, 02:16:29 PM »
Has anyone asked what the re-up schedule looks like? or are they gonna be one of those one-off, if you missed it too bad kinda board companies. All the shapes/graphics im interested are sold out.

im also curious if i just buy 5 will they give me the 6th for free? cant keep track of stickers no way.

Quote from: GAY
I've never broken a board and it's a bigger source of shame for me and my family than my homosexuality.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #380 on: January 09, 2020, 02:41:50 PM »

fang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #381 on: January 09, 2020, 02:55:12 PM »

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #382 on: January 09, 2020, 03:02:46 PM »

Was pleasantly surprised by a few things in that part

satan

« Reply #383 on: January 09, 2020, 03:23:55 PM »

1nut fell from grace? No more tm duties?

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #384 on: January 10, 2020, 06:06:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
What did the man say?!?
[close]
10/10 interaction

[close]
No worries. Nah, I'll just sit outside his house and wait like a true fan man would

Ghost Lurker

• Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #385 on: January 12, 2020, 09:36:43 PM »
Is a team going to grow with this brand? I’m not clear on who’s all on.

Will there be any “legacy” pros, like a Lotti guest board or something?

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #386 on: January 13, 2020, 06:23:49 AM »
Who is on the team?

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #387 on: January 13, 2020, 07:22:31 AM »
Who is on the team?
the only person I know that is on is Dashawn Jordan, says so on the Nike SB website.

euro tm

« Reply #388 on: January 13, 2020, 07:26:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Who is on the team?
[close]
the only person I know that is on is Dashawn Jordan, says so on the Nike SB website.

also kea smith

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #389 on: January 13, 2020, 09:47:49 AM »
Got a board coming weds. Will post when it arrives