Author Topic: Biggest puss in professional skateboarding?  (Read 15871 times)

GOKU

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
Re: Biggest puss in professional skateboarding?
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2018, 10:39:10 PM »
Clark Hassler is pretty soft, compared to everyone else that's ever been on enjoi. This doesn't mean that I don't like Clark Hassler, though! He is pretty rad.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2018, 10:55:08 PM »

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2018, 01:15:44 AM »

I always wondered who this was. Mike V?
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

poorlatino

• Rep: 41
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2018, 08:09:44 AM »
Haha I always loved that clip. Remember that video 411 911? Tim o'connor hosted it and it was pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 08:11:54 AM by poorlatino »

Surf-goth

• Rep: -679
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2018, 08:22:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
all of these guys are such fucking pussies that they’re probably butt buddies with each other.
[close]
they prolly wanna take each other out and date each other
[close]

seriously. what a bunch of gaywads.
[close]
i was looking for 'some some something something something'

Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1403
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2018, 09:21:23 AM »
Here he is hanging up on the 360 flip at the Gonz gap.

That was beautiful. Even if he didn't roll away

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2018, 09:58:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

chet thomas

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2018, 10:05:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
chet thomas

Chetty T skates goofy, can't be him!

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2018, 10:20:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
chet thomas
[close]

oh true, for some reason when i was young that was just something in my head that it was him.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2018, 10:54:59 AM »
Expand Quote
TK
[close]

TK started out as a rail chomper in the early 2000s, and this was before black dudes were even hitting rails like that. Dude used to get weird and fakie down huge rails. I remember an old thrasher contents page was him getting worked on a rail at the sydney opera house.

Finally, this dude took a bullet to the face, but still continues to call out gangbangers on the 'gram.
Before black dudes were hitting rails like that? My friend, you need a history lesson. Either that or I’m just imagining Alfonso Rawls, Kevin Taylor, Clyde Singleton...this “black dudes don’t skate rails” trope is recent and I have no idea where people are getting it from.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

shark tits

« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2018, 11:18:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
TK
[close]

TK started out as a rail chomper in the early 2000s, and this was before black dudes were even hitting rails like that. Dude used to get weird and fakie down huge rails. I remember an old thrasher contents page was him getting worked on a rail at the sydney opera house.

Finally, this dude took a bullet to the face, but still continues to call out gangbangers on the 'gram.
[close]
Before black dudes were hitting rails like that? My friend, you need a history lesson. Either that or I’m just imagining Alfonso Rawls, Kevin Taylor, Clyde Singleton...this “black dudes don’t skate rails” trope is recent and I have no idea where people are getting it from.
^ i made that mistake a long time ago based on lil stevie and maybe maurice keys, organikarl or a few other heads and my buddy was like 'uh, kareem? gershon? jahmal williams?'
i think it was the marketing of 'fresh' = low impact vs 'hesh' = gnar gnar.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2018, 03:00:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
TK
[close]

[close]
[close]
^ i made that mistake a long time ago based on lil stevie and maybe maurice keys, organikarl or a few other heads and my buddy was like 'uh, kareem? gershon? jahmal williams?'

To be fair, out of that list right there, KT and Clyde weren't hitting HUGE rails. Only Alphonso was, and that wasn't on the regular either. It's pretty true that there was very few black dudes hitting big rails back then.

quaintly

• Rep: 12
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2018, 05:52:09 PM »
Haha I always loved that clip. Remember that video 411 911? Tim o'connor hosted it and it was pretty awesome.

fabio sleiman.

quaintly

« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2018, 05:53:07 PM »
is the vert ramp ollie to sack from hell victim

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2018, 06:49:09 PM »
Daryl Angel and the dude that runs RipnDip

stranded

« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2018, 07:04:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
TK
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

To be fair, out of that list right there, KT and Clyde weren't hitting HUGE rails. Only Alphonso was, and that wasn't on the regular either. It's pretty true that there was very few black dudes hitting big rails back then.
Even if we were just talking about guys around the same time as TK, Darrell Stanton was way more enjoyable to watch.

I just watched TK’s Baker 2G part, and I feel bad for Heath. He shared 2 parts with Berra and 1 with Hentai Klein. (Then, there was the TWS part with Paul Sharpe, but I like that guy.)

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2018, 07:55:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
TK
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Even if we were just talking about guys around the same time as TK, Darrell Stanton was way more enjoyable to watch.

I just watched TK’s Baker 2G part, and I feel bad for Heath. He shared 2 parts with Berra and 1 with Hentai Klein. (Then, there was the TWS part with Paul Sharpe, but I like that guy.)

I would consider Darrell the very beginning of a new era/generation. TK was right on the cusp, bridging the gap from the old guard to the new guys. It's truly insane how fast TK got good... it's just that he never really got that much better afterward haha

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2018, 10:03:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
TK
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I would consider Darrell the very beginning of a new era/generation. TK was right on the cusp, bridging the gap from the old guard to the new guys. It's truly insane how fast TK got good... it's just that he never really got that much better afterward haha
Dude, just no. It was a stupid thing to say, and it got corrected. Just move on.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

jomeara1

« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2018, 07:15:37 AM »
is the vert ramp ollie to sack from hell victim

Globe Opinion

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2018, 09:23:50 PM »
Steve Berra, how can you even argue this?>
easy:

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2018, 09:15:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
easy:

Berra had pretty fuckin' good style back in the day. Great half cab flips and backside flips.

quaintly

« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2018, 03:03:43 AM »
Wrong about Berra . Any human that puts down blunt kickies on vert : ain’t no puss .

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2018, 05:37:45 AM »
Wrong about Berra . Any human that puts down blunt kickies on vert : ain’t no puss .

First person to heelflip indy on vert, too!

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2018, 11:43:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
chet thomas
[close]

The thought of Chet Thomas bossing up to switch ollie this drop out of nowhere to reignite his career made me laugh a lot.

But for real tho who was this poor unfortunate soul?
who had it worse? this dude or Pageau?
nobody says “rootin tootin” anymore to describe how gas the session was and it makes me sick

skatingoofy

• Rep: -3
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2018, 12:17:36 PM »
Chris Joslin

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2018, 12:33:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
easy:

[close]

Berra had pretty fuckin' good style back in the day. Great half cab flips and backside flips.
good tricks, but isn't all that part a lil accelerated in speed ? just askin' for a friend

Grosso4Prez

• Rep: -14
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2018, 12:55:58 PM »
Jereme Rodgers when he was on king of the road trying to front slash that bowl

Jereme Rodgers made me hate chocolate on the show.
EL JEFFE GROSSO ES UN DIO.

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2018, 02:58:19 PM »
[/quote]

[/quote]
I think TK despite his unique niche style found a home and his sponsors Baker mainly and SJ he doesn't/expected have to flex with more progression.   
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

stranded

« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2018, 08:45:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
easy:

[close]

[close]
good tricks, but isn't all that part a lil accelerated in speed ? just askin' for a friend
I think it looks like that because of how slow the filmer moves the camera in relation to Berra, especially when it comes to rails. It seemed like the frame rate was different for some clips, so they might have used different cameras. I’m curious, but I’m also too sore/tired/lazy/comfortable in bed to upload and check the consistency of FPS.

active_shooter

« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2018, 05:20:55 AM »
Daryl Angel and the dude that runs RipnDip
My God, RipNDip is terrible. Daryl Angel seems like quite the ass polyp as well.