Author Topic: Kris Markovich to Toxic  (Read 14250 times)

Beeda Weeda

Re: Kris Markovich to Toxic
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2018, 07:39:39 AM »
Expand Quote

always loved the filming and execution on that front shuv in the philly tunnels
dan wolfe   is so talented.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2018, 07:40:21 AM »
not only did he shred and put out a number of exciting video parts, he knocked out danny way twice.
markovich was a bad ass from pensacola. it was cheap for him to not take j.wray to wallenberg but other than that [and i guess sponsor jumping but it doesn't effect me] but dude kinda ruled for a long time.
he used good songs over the yrs too, EPMD, that 'riding the metro' song, 'mean motherfuckin man' and i forget what else but his parts were always enjoyable.

please elaborate.

shark tits

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2018, 07:45:37 AM »
Expand Quote
not only did he shred and put out a number of exciting video parts, he knocked out danny way twice.
markovich was a bad ass from pensacola. it was cheap for him to not take j.wray to wallenberg but other than that [and i guess sponsor jumping but it doesn't effect me] but dude kinda ruled for a long time.
he used good songs over the yrs too, EPMD, that 'riding the metro' song, 'mean motherfuckin man' and i forget what else but his parts were always enjoyable.
[close]

please elaborate.
this is so long ago, i'm spotty at best but i think in the back of thrasher in 'trash' they said they both were after the same girl and danny way drove to markovich's house, markovich answered the door and knocked him out.
'yo pat duffy, you forgot your wigger!'
and pat duffy had to carry danny away like 150lbs of sod.
then i think he got drunk and instigated again [forget the chronology] and markovich socked him up again.

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2018, 08:26:28 AM »
http://youtu.be/0XldIPEfNJo?t=254

dude ripped.

That ender is a thing of beauty too. That's how handrail skating should look. That gigantic hardflip over the hip was used in a 411VM around that time period too and blew my mind as a kid.

Always been a fan of Markovich's skating. I still have a brand new Crimson board in shrink wrap as part of my collection, that I won at some local contest back in 2007 or so. I remember some kid wanted me to trade it for his DGK deck with a shitty graphic he had just won too and I blew him off.

Mongoloid

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2018, 08:29:35 AM »
I may have never dug his companies, but to me he was one of the only guys that could refuse to skate switch, and still put out quality parts.

Also, consistently skated fast!

ungzilla

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2018, 08:36:35 AM »
loved this 411vm tour section for giant (distribution?), has what has to be one of the most combustible combinations of people ever: billy pepper, bobby puleo, markovich, among others.

also introduced me to the only slint song i like.

52:30

artless

• Rep: 22
  • PFFT!
    • PFFT! skate stuff avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2018, 08:43:27 AM »
I remember his tre flip on the Colors part.... Still amazing.
A shame all the sponsor hopping, him and Mike V should start a company.

On a random note... Anyone remember that Toxic promo that started with a Danzig song and Kyong Kim had last part?????

shark tits

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2018, 08:46:47 AM »
I remember his tre flip on the prime fight fire w/ fire part.... Still amazing.

On a random note... Anyone remember that Toxic promo that started with a Danzig song and Kyong Kim had last part?????

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2018, 08:51:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

please elaborate.
[close]
this is so long ago, i'm spotty at best but i think in the back of thrasher in 'trash' they said they both were after the same girl and danny way drove to markovich's house, markovich answered the door and knocked him out.
'yo pat duffy, you forgot your wigger!'
and pat duffy had to carry danny away like 150lbs of sod.
then i think he got drunk and instigated again [forget the chronology] and markovich socked him up again.

Pat Duffy carrying Danny away like 150lbs of sod  :o that is fucking hysterical.

artless

• Rep: 22
  • PFFT!
    • PFFT! skate stuff avatar image
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2018, 09:24:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yes

i skated for toxic wheels at the time and that video is still rad

That's rad... any chance you've seen it posted on YouTube?
Kyong Kim killed it and the first dude who's name I forgot.... ANd thanks ISMOB for the correction on the Prime vid.

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -61
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2018, 11:25:40 AM »

They sorta kinda did, Kris rode for Elephant Brand. Pretty sure it was just him and Mike, while it lasted.
To quote Kris: "There were jokes about putting a stipulation in my contract entitling Mike to beat my ass if I quit. I’d literally have to fight Mike to leave".
Dunno what happened there, I think it folded before Kris could leave.
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2018, 12:26:58 PM »
this can't be real
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2018, 02:41:24 PM »
no offense because I was a huge fan but if your parents make you spell your name with a k instead of a c you are doomed

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2018, 03:55:25 PM »
Did anyone else have that lil magazine about skating that came with Capri Suns in the 90s? The "catalog" part of the mag only showed Toxic boards.

fs overkrook

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2018, 07:24:23 PM »
He’s an extremely nice dude. People that hate on him have obviously never met him.

Also to all the people saying he’s on drugs. He sitting out front of cafe in Oceanside. Dudes on coffee. Maybe a hammerhead?

ChiefSQueff

• Rep: -263
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2018, 08:30:59 PM »
He’s an extremely nice dude. People that hate on him have obviously never met him.

Also to all the people saying he’s on drugs. He sitting out front of cafe in Oceanside. Dudes on coffee. Maybe a hammerhead?

I want whatever coffee he's drinking. He is obviously on herion. I've seen enough people on it to know he might be on it. He is washed up now. Can't even

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2018, 10:26:11 PM »

lol I met him and he was a dick
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2018, 10:46:07 PM »
Definitely getting the opiate vibe from dem clips, as well.

My first deck was a Markovich Foundation board! It was a frog climbing the Eiffel tower, lol. People forget, but he is arguably the first person to ever do a bigflip. Or at least the first person photographed doing one.

Never 4get his super hot wife, who unfortunately some Hollywood flow rider fucked and proceeded to ruin everything. I am still not sure who this skateboarder was! You can see this smokin' hot ex wife in his Art Bars part... such a babe.

He's had a guest pro model on Wight Trash for like nearly a decade. They are a nice little company out of the Isle of Wight, their owner John Cattle is an absolute sweetheart.

verylowimpact

• Rep: -169
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2018, 11:01:25 PM »
loved this 411vm tour section for giant (distribution?), has what has to be one of the most combustible combinations of people ever: billy pepper, bobby puleo, markovich, among others.

also introduced me to the only slint song i like.

52:30

Lol...perfect description. Even had the world traveler, Kenny Reed in this motley crue.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2018, 08:54:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

lol I met him and he was a dick
You can’t deny his impact on skating, maybe weird now but still ripped in his day.
As far as his character, i grew up in carlsbad and he was nothing but cool to us kids. He would skate with us,
hook us up with boards and whatever he had. Super nice guy.

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2018, 10:03:18 AM »
Pretty sure he ripped on that Tony hawks tour thing with Alex Chambers and Brian Sumner.

Anybodys got a link?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2018, 01:50:56 PM »
All these conflicting reports lead me to believe that it's possible that some pros might be cool sometimes and an asshole other times.....truly shocking....

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2018, 02:14:08 PM »
it's been 30 yrs, why not do it again?

this song is a guilty pleasure of mine, i think it's great
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

ChiefSQueff

• Rep: -263
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2018, 02:37:39 PM »
All these conflicting reports lead me to believe that it's possible that some pros might be cool sometimes and an asshole other times.....truly shocking....

How is that possible? If you're cool you should never be not cool. Markovich had his time. Its a sham him amd j wray don't have legacy shoes and boards like that fuck head Gino. Jeremy Wray has ton a million more things for skating than gino.  Markovich should be rich from beating up Danny Way.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2018, 05:52:49 PM »
I wonder how many Taken boards he sold.

#gettaken

ungzilla

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2018, 06:55:46 PM »
well i would trust him on making that call

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2018, 10:16:14 PM »
Definitely getting the opiate vibe from dem clips, as well.

My first deck was a Markovich Foundation board! It was a frog climbing the Eiffel tower, lol. People forget, but he is arguably the first person to ever do a bigflip. Or at least the first person photographed doing one.

Never 4get his super hot wife, who unfortunately some Hollywood flow rider fucked and proceeded to ruin everything. I am still not sure who this skateboarder was! You can see this smokin' hot ex wife in his Art Bars part... such a babe.

He's had a guest pro model on Wight Trash for like nearly a decade. They are a nice little company out of the Isle of Wight, their owner John Cattle is an absolute sweetheart.

I feel like this entire thread repeats itself once a year. This is the point where I say that Justin Roy pulled a Ryan Fabre. Someone else will say, no, it was D.J. Chavez. At some point someone will list all his sponsors, make comparisons to Vallely, Element retirement, Color part, etc. Maybe the Calvin Klein model thing will be thrown in, though that fact may skip every other year. The consensus of whether Markovich is nice or not will never be settled, but the Justin Roy thing probably will. Someone will also bring up that this thread will repeat itself.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2018, 06:07:16 AM »

he looks like he's been doing harder drugs for a bit to me

AfricanPendejo

• Rep: -63
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2020, 06:12:42 AM »
Kris Markovich is a kook
FREE MAX B

drewdc

• Rep: -85
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2020, 07:50:43 AM »
he should be up there with Duffy and Wray as the early street guys charging. even his element stuff was good