Author Topic: Kris Markovich to Toxic  (Read 14249 times)

Dorje Drolo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -56
Re: Kris Markovich to Toxic
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2020, 08:24:10 AM »
Hands down one of the pioneers that changed street skating forever. He definitely gets overlooked due to all the team hopping and burning the bridge when he would leave. That being said he's still in my all time top 10 fav skaters.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2020, 08:26:43 AM »
Just wanna say he was Spiderman in THPS2.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2020, 10:14:10 AM »
he should be up there with Duffy and Wray as the early street guys charging. even his element stuff was good
  Well skill wise he's not approaching Wray in fairness.  And his parts didn't quite have the impact that Duffys one part had.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

drewdc

• Rep: -85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2020, 11:01:52 AM »
Expand Quote
he should be up there with Duffy and Wray as the early street guys charging. even his element stuff was good
[close]
  Well skill wise he's not approaching Wray in fairness.  And his parts didn't quite have the impact that Duffys one part had. I guess i meant in the going fast and big aspect. Hes the first to kickflip carlsbad etc.

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2020, 02:42:14 PM »
Kris Markovich is a kook
So you randomly just bumped a thread that’s nearly 2 years old to call Markovich a kook? Sure, he’s the kook...
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

AfricanPendejo

• Rep: -63
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2020, 02:45:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Kris Markovich is a kook
[close]
So you randomly just bumped a thread that’s nearly 2 years old to call Markovich a kook? Sure, he’s the kook...
Yea Nigga fuck you
FREE MAX B

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2020, 02:54:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
  Well skill wise he's not approaching Wray in fairness.  And his parts didn't quite have the impact that Duffys one part had.
his color part was epic, what are you talking about

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2020, 02:55:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Kris Markovich is a kook
[close]
[close]
Yea Nigga fuck you
LOL
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

LittleJerrySeinfeld

• Rep: -16
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2020, 05:44:07 PM »
Markovich is clearly batshit but man ole man, did I love him back in the day. This was the only dude that got me inspired to skate somewhat 'gnarly' way back when.

After Prime and the tattoos, he lost me.

This part and this video back then had me . Thanks for sharing , been a while since i watched .

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2020, 05:49:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
  I'm not saying it wasn't but if u can't see the difference between Wray And Markovich that's on you. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2020, 08:18:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
  I'm not saying it wasn't but if u can't see the difference between Wray And Markovich that's on you. 
I can see the difference between them (duh) BUT Markovich paved the way for dudes like Wray. Didn't Jeremy even say Kris was trying that big gap at the start of Jeremy's color part ... actually maybe that was Dill?

Pat Duffy's questionable part came out of nowhere and is undeniable, but Kris skated big and fast when a lot of other pros didn't and maintained that style of skating well into his foundation years. Say what you want about his sponsorship hopping, but everyone did that shit back in the day.

NBD4ABD

« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2020, 08:23:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
I can see the difference between them (duh) BUT Markovich paved the way for dudes like Wray. Didn't Jeremy even say Kris was trying that big gap at the start of Jeremy's color part ... actually maybe that was Dill?

Pat Duffy's questionable part came out of nowhere and is undeniable, but Kris skated big and fast when a lot of other pros didn't and maintained that style of skating well into his foundation years. Say what you want about his sponsorship hopping, but everyone did that shit back in the day.
The industry was so small not many people thought if they made a company it would last 6 months let alone a couple of years. It was common practice back then to leave a new company. Markovich did some shit in his day I still like how he out shined Dyrdek for the cover of Transworld kickflip Carlsbad. Rob is a kook. Rest in Peace BB.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2020, 08:33:57 PM »
I remember watching Markovich's Art Bars part a million times on BlueTorch. I thought he was the coolest dude on the planet until I met him at ASR.

I fanned out like a complete kook, but he was fairly rude. I was bummed.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2020, 09:09:09 PM »
He’s got a knack for roping people into sponsoring him. He really hasn’t mattered since Foundation and he keeps getting hooked up. Props.

Zumiez And Xanax

« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2020, 09:14:25 PM »
he skated for my local shop in Indiana when Crimson was a thing, strange times

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2020, 08:59:45 PM »
For the haters who are doubting his influence on modern skating:

That’s still a hammer right there in 2020!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 12:03:05 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Malflourishment

« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2020, 09:35:40 PM »
Kris was so gnarly back in the day. Color video part was great. At a time where everyone was late flipping in shitty parking lots Kris was hauling ass.  I hope he’s good.  His GTO was also sick.