Author Topic: A Good Cause  (Read 1249 times)

Bruce Wayne

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
A Good Cause
« on: February 26, 2007, 10:57:26 AM »
This board is being auctioned off to help out a friend of mine named Shawn Fleming he owns a small skateboard company out of New Orleans . Shawn’s  daughter has some liver problems and will probably need a transplant some day.  Shawn and his family have been struggling since the Katrina tragedy.    All proceeds from  this sell will go directly to Shawn and his family to help pay for some medical bills. This is a great way to personally touch one of those lives affected by this tragedy.  Please join me in helping out this deserving family.  If interested please bid for a good cause.   Thank you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KROOKED-SKATEBOARD-Guest-DARRELL-STANTON-8-autographed_W0QQitemZ230097388147QQihZ013QQcategoryZ16265QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

sometimes the "things" and "friends" you enjoy the most, will hurt you the most, and play an ultimate factor in how you leave this earth.
-sheffledge
half of you probably cant even tre.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
Re: A Good Cause
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 01:38:31 PM »
Hey, I'm friends with "Daewon Shawn" as well. I'll repost the auction on our site.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 01:40:55 PM by grimcity »

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
Re: A Good Cause
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 07:20:06 PM »
I just got an email from James at True Love... he's donating a set of signed Bratrud decks to help collect funds for Shawn's daughter Portia... I didn't ask or anything, he saw the auction mentioned on our site and just straight up told me that he was doing it. I called Shawn just a little while ago and told him the news.

True Love is the best thing to happen to skateboarding in forever... I'm so fucking stoked I'm practically buzzing right now.

Shawn's daughter is a sweetheart too... this is her from a while back:

« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 07:21:37 PM by grimcity »