Author Topic: Dime Glory Challenge is the Wrestlmania of skateboarding but in a great way.  (Read 39015 times)

tart.mommy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -8
  • smd
Re: Dime Glory Challenge is the Wrestlmania of skateboarding but in a great way.
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2018, 09:34:02 AM »
Another classic Brophyism
his instagram clips with his kids are so fucking funny, but i'm not sure if they qualify as lame. maybe it's just the idiot in me that laughs at him essentially calling his sons Champ and Tiger but in the tongue of Australian-Dad. Eh, at least he hangs with his kids...

his kids that are bound to be lame...
I'm a trans bitch

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
Re: Dime Glory Challenge is the Wrestlmania of skateboarding but in a great way.
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2018, 09:54:03 AM »
the money is 10,000% real

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2018, 10:25:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
his instagram clips with his kids are so fucking funny, but i'm not sure if they qualify as lame. maybe it's just the idiot in me that laughs at him essentially calling his sons Champ and Tiger but in the tongue of Australian-Dad. Eh, at least he hangs with his kids...

It’s all good to poke fun at Brophy for being a goon on instagram but let’s leave his kids (and everybody kids) out of it

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2018, 10:28:41 AM »
that street looked chewed up as well heading into the ramp. talk about coming in hot. adding the hangover/perma buzz vibe and you got some real men stepping up.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506

tart.mommy

• smd
« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2018, 11:10:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It’s all good to poke fun at Brophy for being a goon on instagram but let’s leave his kids (and everybody kids) out of it
fair, noted, agreed. my bad

THE EDIT IS HERE // edit: An edit is here ! looks rad
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 11:24:42 AM by tart.mommy »
I'm a trans bitch

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2018, 12:20:08 PM »
Kader next is the next generation ishod type prodigy..

That drop was insane

tart.mommy

• smd
« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2018, 12:36:32 PM »
damn, did the fapspot video get taken down already ? maybe they jumped the gun and dime told them to take it down. Tyson got interviewed, was kinda hyper-drunkenly kooking it... it was pretty awkward. Also seeing D-Way congratulate Kader was bizarre. Dude carries a heavy specter
I'm a trans bitch

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2018, 12:49:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If those checks are real, ghat dam!
Also the game of skate was trash...didn't ishod take a letter without trying the trick or did my feed duck up? Seemed not interested imo.
[close]
Ishod was skating on a rolled ankle
[close]

This.

It is gnarly the dude even went out there and pulled off the shit that he did. Also, he hung on for a while on before he got the E. He would miss, push through, and get the trick on the second try. He did this like 4 times. Dude is human and not a robot. We can't expect pros to be skating 100% all the time and we can't expect them always to be tossing down enders.

For Ishod's health it would have been better if he had someone come in after a letter or two (Frank Gerwer would have been amazing!), but to say he didn't try strikes me as a bit extreme, dude pushed through being injured to put on a show for the crowd.
This....
Like I said, didn't know about the ankle problem. Also said my feed was a little fucked up. Didn't seem him land much, again woth the feed musta missed that, all I saw was him miss trick's, not try trick's, then it was over. Not mad at all about it. Don't care who wins, just making an observation that he looked I jured and he was. Third, would make sense if he looked lax if he was hurt. So chill out , eh.

Edit. For clarification. Ishod is a beast. Like someone said, even just trying is crazy.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 12:52:05 PM by Switch_fsflip_noseslide »
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
« Reply #159 on: September 17, 2018, 01:44:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If those checks are real, ghat dam!
Also the game of skate was trash...didn't ishod take a letter without trying the trick or did my feed duck up? Seemed not interested imo.
[close]
Ishod was skating on a rolled ankle
[close]

This.

It is gnarly the dude even went out there and pulled off the shit that he did. Also, he hung on for a while on before he got the E. He would miss, push through, and get the trick on the second try. He did this like 4 times. Dude is human and not a robot. We can't expect pros to be skating 100% all the time and we can't expect them always to be tossing down enders.

For Ishod's health it would have been better if he had someone come in after a letter or two (Frank Gerwer would have been amazing!), but to say he didn't try strikes me as a bit extreme, dude pushed through being injured to put on a show for the crowd.
[close]
This....
Like I said, didn't know about the ankle problem. Also said my feed was a little fucked up. Didn't seem him land much, again woth the feed musta missed that, all I saw was him miss trick's, not try trick's, then it was over. Not mad at all about it. Don't care who wins, just making an observation that he looked I jured and he was. Third, would make sense if he looked lax if he was hurt. So chill out , eh.

Edit. For clarification. Ishod is a beast. Like someone said, even just trying is crazy.

I was worried he might get hurt before hand. In the Dan Plunkett bunt interview, when asked about who he thought might win the game of skate, Dan talked about how Ishod can't not skate. Last week he was back smithing video part size handrails for instagram. His story is like a daily video part. The dudes from the bunt were talking about how Wade won't even touch his board before the game of skate.

Sometimes

• Rep: 7
  • Who me? Nah
« Reply #160 on: September 17, 2018, 04:37:40 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6DHuiYfjZI

Not sure if this is on the thread yet

Edit: Now I'm sure it is. It's a shame Ishod wasn't 100% but he pulled off some impressive defense late in the game. BOOM I'm John Madden
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 04:54:21 PM by Sometimes »

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2018, 06:13:36 PM »
the money is 10,000% real

No way dude, 100,000% fake

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

Pigeon

« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2018, 07:02:07 PM »
^
I like how the amount of cheers someone got was related to how high they got. It’s super noticeable with Nora.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1278
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2018, 07:42:30 PM »
Tyson Petersen was ferked up in that Flatspot interview. To be honest, he kinda ninjad through it and kept it together. But you could see what was happening because you'd been there before.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1467
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2018, 12:39:14 AM »
man, that hill challenge was good

common logic

• Rep: 1
« Reply #167 on: September 18, 2018, 01:46:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Too bad ETN couldn't have got in the mix and done a proper webcast. All of skateboarding would be watching.
[close]

wassup Eric

i flew from aus to copenhagen just to see the contest last year and those dick bags got in the way a lot. taking over vans park series is also dick. have to give em a fake email so they can send you trash marketing if you wanna watch on the vans website.
what qualifies you for a sex offender list in skateboarding

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2018, 08:41:32 AM »
Couldn't get his insta story on here. But Spencer Hamilton has a hot take on the the dime game of skate, comparing it to an old Canada vs usa track and field race....check it out. (Or someone smart get it on here.)

Edit.
https://instagram.com/spencerhamilton?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=qrrt0khsssqy
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 08:43:10 AM by Switch_fsflip_noseslide »

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2018, 01:13:23 PM »
Dime didn't do their own edit last year. This year?

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2018, 01:48:17 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z3m9mAGp0c

Holy shit that looked fun! I lost it when the strippers appeared, and I was just madly in love with everything else! (Weck having a Hulkamania moment was beautiful!)

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2018, 02:14:03 PM »
any good footage of the skate game? or even better cell phone footage than what was posted before

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2018, 02:18:45 PM »
Weck coming out to Stone Cold's music was so fitting. No Evan Smith? He usually kills it at these, I bet he could have did that wallride no problem.

ungzilla

« Reply #175 on: September 20, 2018, 02:34:42 PM »
he was there, he was probably too fucked up on 37 month old tuna salad or something to skate well though

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #176 on: September 20, 2018, 03:11:58 PM »
It definitely has some Wrestlmania vibes.

And yeah, what is up with them not showing the Wade vs Ishod game?
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 514
« Reply #177 on: September 20, 2018, 05:28:47 PM »
D Way looked like he had a brick up his ass doing that wallride.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Stony Hawk

• Rep: 5
« Reply #178 on: September 20, 2018, 07:11:35 PM »
D Way looked like he had a brick up his ass doing that wallride.

He looked like The Terminator in person.  Dead behind the eyes with very robotic body movements.  He walked around shirtless nearly the entire time he was there.  I wanted to get a photo but the shrooms I was on made me reconsider my decisions.
EMAIL ME YOUR DANKEST NUGS

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #179 on: September 20, 2018, 07:53:03 PM »
EVERYBODY DANCE NOW