Author Topic: The Yardsale video  (Read 3498 times)

rejectpaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
The Yardsale video
« on: July 23, 2018, 08:54:11 AM »
http://www.freeskatemag.com/2018/07/23/the-ys-video/

"Obviously we knew they went in (so did anyone who picked up a copy of issue 19) but Dan Kreitem’s new Yardsale video still exceeded all of our expectations. This thing’s going to be on repeat for a while…

Featuring Charlie Birch, Curtis Pearl, Julian Kimura, Kyle Wilson and Sam Sitayeb.
Filmed by Dan Kreitem and Austin Bristow.

Check back tomorrow for loads of Alex Pires and Sam Ashley’s shots from the filming missions as well as Dan’s interview from the new issue."

Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

juuhnuuh

• Rep: -157
  • i love the 90's
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Yardsale video
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 12:48:42 PM »
good video my only gripe is that I would have like to have seen some footage from Darius.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 10:15:55 PM »
Really into this one.  That Julian/Curtis part is rad.  These guys go fast

wheee!

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 10:56:58 PM »
Wow, that was serious. Could be full length VOTY for me. Had elements of two of my favorite videos forties ‘amigos’ and it’s a secret.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

meadowsoprano

• Rep: -4
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 07:08:58 AM »
Helluva lot of arms in this video.

Jazz hands if you will.

John Florence

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 07:45:14 AM »

Jazz hands if you will.

Clueless hands...where is this trend from ? Ben Nordberg's worst nightmare...

033sb

• Rep: 13
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 03:49:12 PM »
Expand Quote

Jazz hands if you will.
[close]

Clueless hands...where is this trend from ? Ben Nordberg's worst nightmare...

lol.

really good video tho. Nice music, spots, skating was wild. Good job

KDP

• Rep: 12
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 10:11:57 PM »
good video my only gripe is that I would have like to have seen some footage from Darius.

Darius left over a year ago.
Although I'd still like to see some stuff of him, soon...

Free

• Rep: 16
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 10:35:08 AM »

toque

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 11:41:39 AM »
I already liked Yardsale but the interview made me appreciate them even more.  Loved the jab about Blondey being a "posey" instagram motivational speaker or whatever. 

Watched this a few times now.  So many good crusty bank spots and there's a number of exceptional backside 360s in there. I don't mind some crazy arms cause dudes are hauling ass and it can still be stylish to look like you're trying.  Give me that over Austyn arms any day.   

wheee!

nialljwc

• Rep: 0
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2018, 03:27:29 AM »
Charlie Birch is on another planet

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 05:27:31 AM »
I already liked Yardsale but the interview made me appreciate them even more.  Loved the jab about Blondey being a "posey" instagram motivational speaker or whatever. 

As if these guys aren't trying really hard to be everything Palace/Blondy already are...

toque

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2018, 12:53:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

As if these guys aren't trying really hard to be everything Palace/Blondy already are...

Did you read the interview? Dude seems to like/respect Palace while also feeling Blondey represents them in a corny way...which is very true.   

wheee!

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 02:42:20 PM »
The whole playing tricks twice and their videos general aesthetic its pretty clear they 'respect' Palace.
Im not a huge fan but I don't think Blondey is corny. His contributions to the Palace vids fit right in - why should Palace dictate what he does outside of their remit? As if they give a fuck anyway. I like him - I think he's a lot more honest and straight up and has a lot more to offer than a ton of other skaters I could mention.

Also - we can make our half cocked statements on this forum but what kind of bellend gets an interview and starts publicly stating who fits on another skate companies team and who doesn't based on their extra-curriculars?

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Did you read the interview? Dude seems to like/respect Palace while also feeling Blondey represents them in a corny way...which is very true.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 02:48:19 PM by Andy_Roys_Left_Nut »

toque

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 05:24:02 PM »

Also - we can make our half cocked statements on this forum but what kind of bellend gets an interview and starts publicly stating who fits on another skate companies team and who doesn't based on their extra-curriculars?

A funny bellend who was using an example to answer a question he was asked? Makes for a better interview than somebody playing it safe and overthinking responses in order not to make a disturbance.

Blondey wins either way because he gets the money/attention/opportunities that come along with being the fake humble instagram model dude.  I certainly don't blame him for doing it but c,mon this is pretty funny:

wheee!

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2018, 02:32:26 AM »
Christ! Those photos are pretty awful. And the most extreme example I have seen so far. Give me that over Yardsale though - cant stand em! Visionless drivel. And that interview was terrible.

Expand Quote

[close]

A funny bellend who was using an example to answer a question he was asked? Makes for a better interview than somebody playing it safe and overthinking responses in order not to make a disturbance.

Blondey wins either way because he gets the money/attention/opportunities that come along with being the fake humble instagram model dude.  I certainly don't blame him for doing it but c,mon this is pretty funny:

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2018, 07:19:41 AM »
Plus - he wasn't asked what he thought about Blondy. its popular to dislike him. irony is you dont see Blondy calling out other skaters in his interviews and saying they shouldn't do this or that and making general statements about how other people should behave.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2018, 11:19:52 PM »
They won me over with the Chief Keef song. Not that they wouldn't have anyway, loved the whole thing. Are there any places in the US that sell their stuff?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 11:49:26 PM by planman »

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

hermanos racists

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2018, 02:46:13 AM »
years  ago in Bcn ,we went to skate arc triunf and that little bitch kimura was there trying to skate the little tranny but he couldnt, after trying and trying got mad left only to be  sitting from behind looking all envy. i guess the little bitch learned by now hahaha