Author Topic: Numbers Boards  (Read 10978 times)

shingles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -61
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Numbers Boards
« on: August 08, 2018, 07:16:08 AM »
Since the launch of Numbers, i've never actually seen one of their boards before. I'm living in europe and they're not present at all down here.
How is it in the states? Do you see alot of the boards in shops and in the streets?
I'm really worried about the future of this brand, since I kinda like the graphics, the videos and the team...
support your local ramp-tramp

feedmeseymour

Re: Numbers Boards
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 07:19:58 AM »
seen tshirts in shops, but not boards. and havent seen either in the wild.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 07:28:25 AM »
seen 'em at the local shop. nice quality, random graphics. decks are all limited edition so they come and go. its not like DLX decks that get permanent wall space. The only worry for the future of the brand is that Koston and Guy loose interest in working on something. They said themselves that they are so loaded from Nike money that they dont need checks from a board company. They started Numbers because they thought it sounded fun and needed boards to ride. Also they wanted to stick it Carrol and the Crail guys by leaving all their brands. Numbers will last as long as they still feel like doing it. They could probably go back to Girl anytime they want.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 07:40:59 AM »
I have only ever seen a numbers sticker on they light pole in the grocery store parking lot.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 07:47:22 AM »
some girl i met at a bar who had just started skating earlier in the year was rockin a miles numbers board. she was the typical fashion-y, camo cargo pants, black tank top, vans sk8 his type of skater girl. i was a little confused

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 07:48:58 AM »
I've seen a lot more of the most recent graphics than I have of any of the other ones. I think the weird East LA graffiti drop sold like total dog shit as it should have.

Also where the FUCK is Antonio Durao's board?

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 07:52:43 AM »
^Waiting for the transworld part

Honestly I only know one shop in Barcelona that carry them and I never seen one around

shit_for_brains

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 07:54:02 AM »

Honestly I only know one shop in Barcelona that carry them and I never seen one around

For real? This is acceptable.

ForMeIt’sCrazyLike

• Rep: 2
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 07:56:53 AM »
It’s actually pretty ingenious.  There are numbers like EVERYWHERE.  It’s crazy, they are on signs, on newspapers, on computer keyboards, the label on my hanes boxer briefs, clocks, billboards, math books and probably even more things.

Do you realize how much free advertising that is??

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 07:57:31 AM »
My friend down the street had one, and I dont think he got another after he snapped it.
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

BarbaraStreisand

• Rep: -12
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 07:58:24 AM »

Exactly, saw 'em in Barcelona once.

How about you didn't notice them BECAUSE THEY LOOK LIKE EVERY OTHER BRAND (Quasi, FA, etc....) ??????
brbraaah.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 08:34:02 AM »
Their team and videos are sick, with their limited release and marketing they are letting things kinda grow organically and I think it’s working

They just released an adidas shoe with TX too

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 08:38:56 AM »
Numbers Edition 2 is one of my fav clips over the past few years. Product is lacking though.

ManMelt

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 08:53:09 AM »
I always wondered what went down between them and Rick&Mike. Must have been pretty serious if it ruined a 20+ year friendship.

se7en3two

• Rep: -24
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 08:56:37 AM »
I had the first series TX, which was decent. I want to say it was PS wood, but not 100% positive.

Have never seen another one in the wild, here in the northeast.

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2018, 09:05:34 AM »
I really wanna like this brand but I feel a lack of presence, maybe a collabo with some anime to spice things up ?

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 09:06:16 AM »
I always wondered what went down between them and Rick&Mike. Must have been pretty serious if it ruined a 20+ year friendship.
I'm guessing it prooooooobably had to do with money, which will ruin even the strongest of friendships.
Only seen one numbers board in the wild here ever and it was one of my friends who bought one just to try it out.

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2018, 09:13:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I'm guessing it prooooooobably had to do with money, which will ruin even the strongest of friendships.
Only seen one numbers board in the wild here ever and it was one of my friends who bought one just to try it out.
Also the fact that Koston is a huge Scientologist kook most likely had something to do with it.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2018, 09:34:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

For real? This is acceptable.

Just my speculations but makes sense, the line up is great and the idea of the shares parts it's really good

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2018, 09:44:44 AM »
I have seen exactly 0 in the wild.

Grown men grow apart sometimes for no reason

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2018, 10:02:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Also the fact that Koston is a huge Scientologist kook most likely had something to do with it.

But Koston was a Scientologist kook since the late 90s. Girl's money started getting fucked up recently.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2018, 10:04:04 AM »
Sick team with no direction. Graphics bite Quasi pretty hard.

image posting

BullweyHuskey

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2018, 10:11:35 AM »
does mike carrolls skating has ever had an impact on anyone that isnt 30-40 years old by now? had a few good tricks but i dont see why i would try to support this unfriendly acting someone. People love to be corny and say "SUPPORT CORE BRANDS HES A 100 percent Skateboarder!" but i could give a fuck about a mike carroll having all my money. id rather buy one of koston cause his skating used to make me so hyped. i dont see how you could feel the same way about mike carroll in the last 20 years, so who gives a fuck about him.
never heard anyone say "did you see mike carrolls part in fully flared? duuude that was sick" ever in my life.
would try a numbers board, but i dont really like the art direction, seems like a quasi/ Palace rip off most of the time. dont see the FA comparison though.
the iPad swipe up graphic made me feel uncomfortable dont know why i hate it.
i see how you could hate on what im saying because Girl and rick and they all have had so much historic shit going on but if anything they could be happy that all these guys used to and still are riding for them.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 10:17:09 AM by bullweyhuskey »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2018, 10:23:07 AM »
Sick team with no direction. Graphics bite Quasi pretty hard.

image posting

That series is entirely different established artists that are absolutely not biting Quasi.

CoorsBurnquist

• Rep: -9
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2018, 11:38:45 AM »
Numbers boards collect dust on the wall.

Koston and Guy dont sell a an eighth of the boards that they did on girl. I don't even know how this is staying a float. Nike money is a hell of a thing.

BullweyHuskey

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2018, 11:41:26 AM »
even if the artists arent biting quasi, i think the boards do kind of look like boards from other companys. they dont have this quasi vaporwave thing going on but id say some look like quasi, some like palace and the other one Kind of like a slave board just because theyve had this art style from the beginning to end. whats missing, even though the boards look better than most companys boards is an art direction, a logo, something you have in your head when thinking of this company. to me ist pretty blend.

ChiefSQueff

• Rep: -263
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2018, 12:15:31 PM »
some girl i met at a bar who had just started skating earlier in the year was rockin a miles numbers board. she was the typical fashion-y, camo cargo pants, black tank top, vans sk8 his type of skater girl. i was a little confused

Did you smash that asshole?

arcam

• Rep: -65
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2018, 12:42:41 PM »

i always assumed it had to do with ownership of 4star, when crail sold to altamont guy and koston never saw any cash for 4star.
total assumption on my part,cant even remember if it was altamont or who bought them
...just a guess,due to timing of their departure

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2018, 01:03:36 PM »
never seen one in a shop or the wild. when it first started I asked a shop owner if he was gonna carry them and he said if the kids want it, there's none on his wall still. the brand is shit and when Pals talk shit on them there's like 3 people that defend them which are obviously interns in the numbers garage

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2018, 01:15:03 PM »
I've seen a few in the sales bin.