Author Topic: Numbers Boards  (Read 10977 times)

Matthew_James

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
Re: Numbers Boards
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2018, 03:28:56 PM »
I've seen a lot more of the most recent graphics than I have of any of the other ones. I think the weird East LA graffiti drop sold like total dog shit as it should have.

Also where the FUCK is Antonio Durao's board?

It's underneath George's car right now, propping up some pick up truck.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2018, 03:31:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Mall Quasi
[close]
I was about to call it the shitty Quasi for kids.

They’re sponsoring Anthony Durao, so back them, just not their product. Even if the shit doesn’t sell in stores, it probably sells online. If it doesn’t, they all get Nike/Adidas money, so they won’t ever have their cards declined, trying to buy Top Ramen like Yonnie Cruz.

How do you back a company without buying their products?

Also, the pros have money. They have pretty much the same money they had when they were on other board brands. The am's don't, regardless of who their sponsor is. Do you make more than $500/ week after taxes? Great, you get paid more than an am on one of these board brands with a Nike/Adidas sponsorship.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2018, 03:38:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Mall Quasi
[close]

They’re sponsoring Anthony Durao, so back them, just not their product. Even if the shit doesn’t sell in stores, it probably sells online. If it doesn’t, they all get Nike/Adidas money, so they won’t ever have their cards declined, trying to buy Top Ramen like Yonnie Cruz.
[close]

Also, the pros have money. They have pretty much the same money they had when they were on other board brands. The am's don't, regardless of who their sponsor is. Do you make more than $500/ week after taxes? Great, you get paid more than an am on one of these board brands with a Nike/Adidas sponsorship.

I do get paid more than an AM. A lot more.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2018, 06:47:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Mall Quasi
[close]

[close]

[close]

I do get paid more than an AM. A lot more.

Add bonus points if your employer allows you to buy into a health insurance plan, which Nike doesn't offer their riders.

Pigeon

« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2018, 07:50:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Mall Quasi
[close]

[close]

Good catch, I meant their boards. I bought one of the hats on impulse because I was watching Guy Mariano parts on a Saturday morning. That ugly-ass, denim hat flew off my head when bombing part of Union, Greenwich or Filbert St. In return for supporting Numbers, “the Skate Gods,” blessed me with not having to wear that ugly shit again.

skatedudesmokeguy

• Rep: -12
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2018, 08:46:42 AM »
dude at my local park in Tallahassee reps them pretty hard :-\

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2018, 10:06:13 AM »
Skate industry money is fucked up. Thats why I roll my eyes when industry dudes diss slap pals by trying to play the jealousy card.

Like yea you're better than me at skating but nigga I make 70k as a 29 year old and I still skate for fun. You have to be a businessman, a good artist, or a Hall of Fame skater to make it past 35 in the game. Everyone else is fucked with no health insurance and no translatable skills once theyre too old to jump down shit.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2018, 10:16:06 AM »
This random design/graphics trend is too much for me. I cannot tell brands apart from each other.

Still the best:

I've ridden one, it had good dimensions, didn't care who's 'bropro' board it was (Silvas); wouldn't skate anything with Kosten's name on it.

Been eyeing the 8.4 Mariano board for dims and it's fucking Guy, he should get some checks.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 10:18:28 AM by Xen »

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2018, 11:08:19 PM »
versace plug (hyun kummer) gets their boards

wait for real

shit_for_brains

« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2018, 04:58:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

wait for real

He's been said to be Koston's favorite skater

somedudefromnj

« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2018, 12:12:32 PM »
Skate industry money is fucked up. Thats why I roll my eyes when industry dudes diss slap pals by trying to play the jealousy card.

Like yea you're better than me at skating but nigga I make 70k as a 29 year old and I still skate for fun. You have to be a businessman, a good artist, or a Hall of Fame skater to make it past 35 in the game. Everyone else is fucked with no health insurance and no translatable skills once theyre too old to jump down shit.

I always think about Pops for some reason. Imagine having been sponsored so young with absolutely no real work experience once skateboarding is done with you.

Correct me if Im wrong though.

newpcwhodis

• Rep: -1
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2018, 02:36:35 PM »
some girl i met at a bar who had just started skating earlier in the year was rockin a miles numbers board. she was the typical fashion-y, camo cargo pants, black tank top, vans sk8 his type of skater girl. i was a little confused

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2018, 02:44:54 PM »
Expand Quote
some girl i met at a bar who had just started skating earlier in the year was rockin a miles numbers board. she was the typical fashion-y, camo cargo pants, black tank top, vans sk8 his type of skater girl. i was a little confused
[close]

Perfect.
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2018, 08:07:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

wait for real
[close]

Koston likes him, but no one else on the team does. Hence why he isn’t on.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2018, 08:10:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I always think about Pops for some reason. Imagine having been sponsored so young with absolutely no real work experience once skateboarding is done with you.

Correct me if Im wrong though.

Someone told me Pops drives trucks commercially now or something. Too bad he never got into business, he could have been the guy who brought Pappalardo Pizza Cove into the Max Fish of Long Island skateboard trash 😂

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2018, 04:05:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

wait for real
[close]

[close]

Koston likes him, but no one else on the team does. Hence why he isn’t on.

that may be, he gets boards though and "left" expedition one for that "deal"