Author Topic: Is it OK to wax the coping in 2018?  (Read 9860 times)

poowizard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
Re: Is it OK to wax the coping in 2018?
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2018, 03:36:27 PM »
This has been a huge whahhh fest in Denver for the last couple of years. You'll have grown ass men complaining and crying on social media that there should "never be wax and that you should skate faster". Fuck all that. If you're complaining about the conditions at your local public playground then thats on you. Go build a DIY spot or some shit in your own backyard. Then you can be a wax Nazi on your own turf.

Until then... please stop

Problem is... there are too many skateparks out here. Everyone becomes Lazy and entitled at the skatepark teet.

Keep it street.

Hahahhahaha I sound grumpy.

Dermbot

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2018, 04:24:34 PM »
http://www.docstucsonpooltilecleaning.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/removing-rust-stains-from-anti-slip-swimming-pool-tiles-in.jpg

"just go faster!"      Shut up.

wax whatever needs it. Rusty coping or rusty flatbar, it wont grind no matter how fast you go. dry pool tile or a dry ledge will treat you the same. Things need wax sometimes. thats why we fucking have it. some obsticles require a lot more waxing a lot more often than others, but everything needs some kind of waxing or lubing or lacquer or whatever at least in the beginning. Going faster is just gonna mean sticking harder and slamming harder.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2018, 08:05:52 PM »
Ledges/rails and coping are two different things. The street equivalent to waxing coping is waxing the ground to cheat 270’s out- great, you can do your trick without being able to really do it, and the fucking spot is ruined for everybody else
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out