Author Topic: Cory Kennedy enters guilty plea  (Read 34022 times)

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
Re: Cory Kennedy enters guilty plea
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2018, 03:41:22 PM »
This may have been brought up and I missed it. 
There are plenty of times I could have been in this same situation, as I am sure many of you could have as well.. and on either end.
I wouldn't want my friend to be charged with any crime if I was the one who bought the farm, on any number of nights.

That is pretty much how I frame this situation and assign 'blame' or lack of.

jomeara1

« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2018, 03:47:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i see p-stone as more of an accomplice in the situation than SFB seems to. however, in the eyes of the law he's probably right. when people commit a crime together and one is killed its not uncommon to charge the living accomplice in the death of the one who died. i've seen it where a cop has shot killed one of them but the living perp gets charged as if they shot and killed their friend.
[close]
He’s definitely not an accomplice
[close]

Fuck yes he was an 'accomplice' to his own death (much like s. cross was -grown men and women make their own decisions and fate can take anyones life at any moment) ,
 But blame hardly is constructive in a sad situation like this.  -Just crack a cold one, pour some on the ground and stfu.
[close]

do you also think women that are raped while drunk are accomplices to their rape?
[close]

Thats laughing gas logic bro.  With rape you are forced but neither P Stone or Shane Cross were forced into doing anything.

I think you’re kinda missing the point of this. Trillytrill was looking at it as if they were both involved with a crime, which P-stone was not.  The only one committing the crime was Corey. 

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2018, 03:50:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i see p-stone as more of an accomplice in the situation than SFB seems to. however, in the eyes of the law he's probably right. when people commit a crime together and one is killed its not uncommon to charge the living accomplice in the death of the one who died. i've seen it where a cop has shot killed one of them but the living perp gets charged as if they shot and killed their friend.
[close]
[close]

Fuck yes he was an 'accomplice' to his own death (much like s. cross was -grown men and women make their own decisions and fate can take anyones life at any moment) ,
 But blame hardly is constructive in a sad situation like this.  -Just crack a cold one, pour some on the ground and stfu.
[close]

do you also think women that are raped while drunk are accomplices to their rape?
[close]

Thats laughing gas logic bro.  With rape you are forced but neither P Stone or Shane Cross were forced into doing anything.
[close]

I think you’re kinda missing the point of this. Trillytrill was looking at it as if they were both involved with a crime, which P-stone was not.  The only one committing the crime was Corey.
  If you mean 'a crime' as in driving under the influence then I agree whole heartedly but if your implying a murder took place then you've lost credibility here imo.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2018, 04:00:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
  If you mean 'a crime' as in driving under the influence then I agree whole heartedly but if your implying a murder took place then you've lost credibility here imo.
if you do dumb shit and kill your friend, its murder.

Gentleman ninja warlock

jomeara1

« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2018, 04:04:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yes that’s what I’m saying. The word accomplice doesn’t even apply to this situation. Yeah P-stone should have had better judgment than to get in the car with Corey, but doing so does not in any way shape or form label him as an accomplice.

EDIT: Also it’s more than just driving under the influence. It’s vehicular manslaughter. And putting ‘a crime’ in quotations like that about driving under the influence makes me think that you don’t take that very seriously. I hope I’m wrong about that.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 04:17:57 PM by Johnny »

BISCUITS AND GRAVY

• Rep: -22
« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2018, 04:14:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
SHUUUUUT UPPPPPPPP YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER.  It's not murder. Go ahead and just google "murder."  In fact, make it a habit to do that any time you think you've really got a good one for the boards. I guess CBD can't cure stupid, huh?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2018, 04:17:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Yes that’s what I’m saying. The word accomplice doesn’t even apply to this situation. Yeah P-stone should have had better judgment than to get in the car with Corey, but doing so does not in any way shape or form label him as an accomplice.
   So you mean accomplice to murder and you think P Stone was murdered (?)    I'm not clear fully on your stance here.

jomeara1

« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2018, 04:19:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
   So you mean accomplice to murder and you think P Stone was murdered (?)    I'm not clear fully on your stance here.

No. Go back and re-read everything.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2018, 04:24:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

That's fine I'll take your word for it.

jomeara1

« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2018, 04:29:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I think you got confused by my previous post. I was agreeing to half of your post, hence why I bolded that part. Not the ‘murder’ part if that clears things up.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 04:45:06 PM by Johnny »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2018, 04:51:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I think you got confused by my previous post. I was agreeing to half of your post, hence why I bolded that part. Not the ‘murder’ part if that clears things up.
Yes, thanks for that.

ChiefSQueff

• Rep: -263
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2018, 06:01:51 PM »
I love how Cory is just acting like everything is fine. Just out skating. No apologies

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2018, 06:11:47 PM »
Cory owes The Slap an apology
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

ManMelt

« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2018, 06:52:14 PM »
I love how Cory is just acting like everything is fine. Just out skating. No apologies

You don’t know how he feels. I’m sure he’s racked with guilt and feels truly awful for everything that happened. He’s not acting like everything is “fine” and I’m sure he’s sincerely apologized to Preston’s family. What would you prefer him to do, sit inside with the curtains drawn? I’m glad he’s out skating, it’s probably the only time he gets a break from everything he’s dealing with. Also, considering the fact that he is most likely going to prison, this could be the last time he gets to skate in a very long time.

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2018, 07:01:43 PM »
How much you think bail is gonna cost?

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2018, 07:04:12 PM »
Cory owes The Slap an apology

the way some people have been posting i wouldnt be surprised if they thought preston owed corey and apology

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2018, 07:06:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
SHUUUUUT UPPPPPPPP YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER.  It's not murder. Go ahead and just google "murder."  In fact, make it a habit to do that any time you think you've really got a good one for the boards. I guess CBD can't cure stupid, huh?

He drove a vehicle and crashed. His friend died. That's murder . I didnt mention his intent. But if you kill someone, that person was murdered

Cbd doesnt "cure" everything

But drunk driving "cured" p stone of life

Corey killed him and now he'll pay the price.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 07:08:54 PM by Betaphenylethylalamine »
Gentleman ninja warlock

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
  • the moon rules
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2018, 07:54:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

He drove a vehicle and crashed. His friend died. That's murder . I didnt mention his intent. But if you kill someone, that person was murdered

It's called manslaughter. In this case it probably falls under vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated
fuck you bama

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2018, 08:08:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
It's called manslaughter. In this case it probably falls under vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated
duh, that's just legal jargon. If you killed somone they were murdered

Intent etc is different but the outcome is the same
Gentleman ninja warlock

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2018, 08:13:58 PM »
God damn ya'll throwing around some big terms without truly realizing what they mean in any given state in the country. Really though unless you're an attorney in Washington state then please stop giving your legal opinion in this matter, as it's obviously very complicated.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
  • the moon rules
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2018, 08:14:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Dawg "jargon" is industry specific words that make the meaning purposely hard to understand to outsiders. If you killed someone on purpose it's murder, but if it's done accidentally, even with gross negligence, it's still manslaughter. The name is pretty easy to understand and its precedent stretches all the way back to the Ancient Greeks
fuck you bama

skrub

• Rep: -3
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2018, 02:30:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Dawg "jargon" is industry specific words that make the meaning purposely hard to understand to outsiders. If you killed someone on purpose it's murder, but if it's done accidentally, even with gross negligence, it's still manslaughter. The name is pretty easy to understand and its precedent stretches all the way back to the Ancient Greeks

In WA state they solved this argument by calling it Vehicular Homicide, which is what he plead guilty to. Some states call it DUI Manslaughter, but not WA. For sentencing purposes it's the same as first degree manslaughter, 78 - 102 months.

Dr Waffles

• Rep: 15
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2018, 04:37:57 AM »
Murder has to have some intent behind it. This is not murder.
In 5 years skateboarding will be dirtbiking

jomeara1

« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2018, 06:20:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

There’s no such thing as ‘accidently’ murdering someone. That’s not the meaning of murder. And that’s not a word you should just toss around in a situation like this because you don’t know if the families involved are reading this right now.

stupidfuckface

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2018, 08:04:15 AM »
So, if Cory was stone sober, what would he be charged with?
He was a fraction over the legal limit. FOH with that’s murder bullshit.
Horrible tragedy, multiple lives ruined, but not fucking murder.

Vibes of skating rocks

• Rep: -22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2018, 08:05:45 AM »
Just looking at recent sentences for vehicular manslaughter involving DUI from around Seattle (not just King County) the range of sentencing was a 1 to 11  years. For reference, of the dozen or so I looked at, the higher sentencings were in King County.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2018, 08:33:08 AM »
murder requires intent - this is the difference between murder and manslaughter. What if corey and crew had killed someone(after all drinking together) who was walking down the street and everyone inside the car lived? Do you think the passengers would be like "damn, that's fucked up corey" or "damn, we fucked up". Wasn't there a 3rd person on the car? I'm sure they feel more like an accomplice than a victim to p-stones death. Of course his death was not his fault but I don't see how he is a innocent victim. Innocent victims die from stray drive-bye bullets and terrorist attacks. In this day and age we all know the dangers of drugs/alcohol. Be it - cross, dunn, harold, KM etc. They all played some part and I see it as a different situation than Dylan or Lewis.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2018, 10:56:57 AM »
Manslaughter. Not murder. I can't believe people are arguing about this.

Actually, I can.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2018, 10:57:48 AM »
I think the judge should sentence him to a lifetime of having to ride girl decks. That’s punishment enough.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2018, 11:12:10 AM »
Manslaughter. Not murder. I can't believe people are arguing about this.

Actually, I can.

It's all technical legal jargon.

At this point is it 7th degree manslaughter?

If you kill someone you killed them. It's that simple. Add in whatever variables you choose, but hes still dead and cory is responsible

See ya in 20 years cory

Gentleman ninja warlock