Author Topic: BATB 11  (Read 99820 times)

Hercules Rockefeller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: BATB 11
« Reply #450 on: November 11, 2018, 02:12:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Watching Joslin match every single one of Cepedass bullshit tricks was one of the most profoundly satisfying things I've seen in a while.
[close]
My sentiments exactly.

also, this is actually what i wanna see, some dude trying to fuck another one with weird shit, and the other dude smoking him.

LegitDude

• Rep: 6
« Reply #451 on: November 11, 2018, 02:23:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Watching Joslin match every single one of Cepedass bullshit tricks was one of the most profoundly satisfying things I've seen in a while.
[close]
My sentiments exactly.
[close]

also, this is actually what i wanna see, some dude trying to fuck another one with weird shit, and the other dude smoking him.

Another thing that makes Cepeda inherently unlikeable is how fucking self conscious he is. Dissatisfied shrug after every trick

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #452 on: November 11, 2018, 05:51:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
My sentiments exactly.
[close]

[close]

Another thing that makes Cepeda inherently unlikeable is how fucking self conscious he is. Dissatisfied shrug after every trick
HELL YEAH !

Plop

« Reply #453 on: November 11, 2018, 08:00:45 AM »
i smiled

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #454 on: November 11, 2018, 08:43:12 AM »
Malto looked like he hasn’t skated in a month
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #455 on: November 11, 2018, 09:17:23 AM »
whoa rickk in the house. hatchet buried?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1191
« Reply #456 on: November 11, 2018, 09:20:01 AM »
Who was that hot homeless guy reading the rules?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #457 on: November 11, 2018, 09:21:52 AM »
Malto looked like he hasn’t skated in a month

Apparently they were both drinking the night before

Nice to see Mo still pop his tricks pretty good and go with a decent amount of speed

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #458 on: November 11, 2018, 10:21:50 AM »
I’m stoked to see MikeMo being able to skate again.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #459 on: November 11, 2018, 12:10:16 PM »
Great game. Glad they're still best buds. Everytime I see MikeMo skate, I feel sad about his injury and what could have been.

Would be fun to watch Kenny play Rickk. Styles for miles.

mick1shrdn

« Reply #460 on: November 11, 2018, 12:26:38 PM »
According to a video on Mike Mo's Youtube channel they were both hungover during the game. This is more apparent with Malto than Mike Mo though

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #461 on: November 11, 2018, 12:36:28 PM »
Malto anot claiming the toe drag ::) on the frontside bigspin, (or switch one idr?)
Imagine how fucking amazin the game would have been if they both drank Kratom last night instead of poison.
Mikenmo vs Joslin or Asta, I’m hoping
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #462 on: November 11, 2018, 12:39:11 PM »

Was there a beef between him and the berries? I know Berra went on a tirade about skater-owned brands aren't helpful, but I thought that was about DC.

LegitDude

« Reply #463 on: November 11, 2018, 12:45:54 PM »

Yeah me too.

On a different note, is it now just accepted that if someone sets an impossible you can just do a 360 shuv?  I feel like there should at least be some sort of attempt at wrap

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
« Reply #464 on: November 11, 2018, 01:35:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah me too.

On a different note, is it now just accepted that if someone sets an impossible you can just do a 360 shuv?  I feel like there should at least be some sort of attempt at wrap

that’s how i play skate with my homies too. to be fair it’s hard to be able to do both a 3 shuv and an impossible because it’s like the same trick but done differently. i can 3 shuv well but an impossible is really impossible for me to do and i don’t know anybody who is able to do both.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

thomas kook

« Reply #465 on: November 11, 2018, 01:47:05 PM »
let's all just keep our fingers crossed and pray to xenu that they upload a rickk vs kenny battle this week

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #466 on: November 11, 2018, 02:46:22 PM »
Joslin vs Cepeda game was great, and I dislike Cepeda too. Joslin matched some pretty crazy tricks. No one expected him to be as good at flat as he is but that dude can pretty much do anything.

Mo is skating with a paralyzed foot, just keep that in mind. The fact that he can still be that good at flat with a paralyzed foot is mind boggling.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #467 on: November 11, 2018, 05:09:54 PM »
Joslin vs Cepeda game was great, and I dislike Cepeda too. Joslin matched some pretty crazy tricks. No one expected him to be as good at flat as he is but that dude can pretty much do anything.

Mo is skating with a paralyzed foot, just keep that in mind. The fact that he can still be that good at flat with a paralyzed foot is mind boggling.

Honestly, it doesn't even look like it's affecting him. So fucked.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #468 on: November 11, 2018, 05:15:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

His skit in doll fucked me up. I’ve watched a few of his YouTube videos and his first game of skate and figured Ight he got flat again. Doll made me think he might be almost at a point to skate decent ledges again too. That’s insane. His nine club made me think he’d never be able to even skate flat well again let alone a joke attempt at a ledge trick. Good to see him back
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1191
« Reply #469 on: November 11, 2018, 05:31:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
His skit in doll fucked me up. I’ve watched a few of his YouTube videos and his first game of skate and figured Ight he got flat again. Doll made me think he might be almost at a point to skate decent ledges again too. That’s insane. His nine club made me think he’d never be able to even skate flat well again let alone a joke attempt at a ledge trick. Good to see him back

There was some interview or something where he talked about ledge skating being almost impossible for him.  Wish I could remember exactly where I saw that.  Hope that won’t be the case forever though.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #470 on: November 11, 2018, 05:45:08 PM »
an ollie late pressure flip makes no sense to my dumbass

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1000
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #471 on: November 11, 2018, 11:18:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
My sentiments exactly.
[close]

[close]

Everything above is spot on...but, even joslin has some shrugs going on...does Cepeda get a pass because he's on Svorn so he can compete? Is he even pro?

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 432
« Reply #472 on: November 11, 2018, 11:37:16 PM »
Expand Quote

Mo is skating with a paralyzed foot, just keep that in mind. The fact that he can still be that good at flat with a paralyzed foot is mind boggling.[/b]
[close]

And he's still just as good going switch as he is going regular, that really shouldn't be possible. Must have one hell of a physiotherapist in addition to that brace (aside from his one in a million talent of course). In any case seeing him pop his tricks like that really made my day, hopefully we'll still get to see a lot more. 

LegitDude

« Reply #473 on: November 12, 2018, 12:40:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
My sentiments exactly.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Everything above is spot on...but, even joslin has some shrugs going on...does Cepeda get a pass because he's on Svorn so he can compete? Is he even pro?

Ok my comment was harsh. I just think he'd have more fun and in turn be more fun to watch if he just chilled out a bit. Seems real serious all the time. Didn't he win some comp to get into one of the previous BATB's, guess they just let him stay

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1000
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #474 on: November 12, 2018, 07:22:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
My sentiments exactly.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ok my comment was harsh. I just think he'd have more fun and in turn be more fun to watch if he just chilled out a bit. Seems real serious all the time. Didn't he win some comp to get into one of the previous BATB's, guess they just let him stay

I didn't take it as harsh, it's true. But a many of the pros will shake their heads in either a damn, I made that? or ugh, that was sketchy sort of way.

Bullshit tricks or not, they still count.

I want to see someone come in and wipe the floor with impossible variations...regs, switch, fakie, front foot, switch, fakie, etc....oh wait everyone can just 3-shuv and get away with it ;)

Cepeda is good, but fucking Joslin if fire, king hucker and a serious flat game.

LegitDude

« Reply #475 on: November 12, 2018, 08:24:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
My sentiments exactly.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I didn't take it as harsh, it's true. But a many of the pros will shake their heads in either a damn, I made that? or ugh, that was sketchy sort of way.

Bullshit tricks or not, they still count.

I want to see someone come in and wipe the floor with impossible variations...regs, switch, fakie, front foot, switch, fakie, etc....oh wait everyone can just 3-shuv and get away with it ;)

Cepeda is good, but fucking Joslin if fire, king hucker and a serious flat game.

Oh, ok. I totally misread you comment. Here I am getting all defensive n shit

Little Debbie

« Reply #476 on: November 12, 2018, 08:47:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Mo is skating with a paralyzed foot, just keep that in mind. The fact that he can still be that good at flat with a paralyzed foot is mind boggling.[/b]
[close]

[close]

And he's still just as good going switch as he is going regular, that really shouldn't be possible. Must have one hell of a physiotherapist in addition to that brace (aside from his one in a million talent of course). In any case seeing him pop his tricks like that really made my day, hopefully we'll still get to see a lot more. 
for real, the way he sets up for stuff gets me psyched. loved this matchup, two skaters with long histories with each other. this is what BATB used to feel like in its origins: mainly Crailtap dudes just dinkin around with each other.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #477 on: November 12, 2018, 04:08:53 PM »
Luan vs Ishod next weekend should be a pretty good game.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
« Reply #478 on: November 12, 2018, 04:22:29 PM »
weird watching that mike mo and malto game .. it almost made me feel bad for their injuries .. looked like they both still have sea legs
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #479 on: November 12, 2018, 06:37:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Was there a beef between him and the berries? I know Berra went on a tirade about skater-owned brands aren't helpful, but I thought that was about DC.
was under the impression that koston and rickk weren't on the best terms ever since frosty's crail departure.