Author Topic: Gershon Mosley Jenkem Interview  (Read 23538 times)

Swithflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Gershon Mosley Jenkem Interview
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2018, 06:37:10 AM »
Most of skaters on Zero was what Gerson said. A lot of fisheye and 4 trick.

Before Dylan passed his arms was a constant Topic on slap..a lot of dudes here called Dylan fake style. But now talks shit on Gerson for say the truth. Dylan was fucking talented, but his style was fake, just watch his supreme part.

Murdock

• Rep: 4
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2018, 07:20:18 AM »
For the people saying the arm steeze wasn't fake. Watch his A time to shine part and compare it to some of his later footage.

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1284
  • i can't it's a geo!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2018, 07:38:23 AM »
dude's corny.
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2018, 07:57:56 AM »
Expand Quote

I think dylan was already a contest kid at the time but mark oblow did meet him on a 'skate kid' shoot for quiksilver. it's in dylan's epicly laterd. gershon's not really  lying
[close]

I went on tour with Dylan when he was just a tyke, but already ripping. Gersh tried to frame it like he's just some model kid who "they" made into a skateboarder. Gershon is exaggerating and belittling Dylan in hopes of making his own skating/style more relevant.
I don't think that's what he's about.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2018, 07:59:08 AM »
Q: Damn, I didn’t realize you could make that amount from skating back then.

A: There’s a lot of things people don’t realize. It comes down to, say, nationality, for one. You know how people refer to other humans as black and white? There’s no such thing as black people and there’s no such thing as white people. But in the system—the United States is a corporation—when you plug it in, if it says “Negro, black and colored,” it’s just corporate property.

That's..what? How does that possibly relate to the question?

It's a reference to some "sovereign citizen" conspiracy theory bullshit.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2018, 08:20:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I think dylan was already a contest kid at the time but mark oblow did meet him on a 'skate kid' shoot for quiksilver. it's in dylan's epicly laterd. gershon's not really  lying
[close]

I went on tour with Dylan when he was just a tyke, but already ripping. Gersh tried to frame it like he's just some model kid who "they" made into a skateboarder. Gershon is exaggerating and belittling Dylan in hopes of making his own skating/style more relevant.
[close]

I think it's more likely that Gershon is confused about Dylan's history. It's not a secret that Dylan was acknowledged very early on as someone who had enormous potential to be marketed, which is probably what Gershon is getting at. To think he's intentionally putting Dylan down in order to prop himself up is a stretch.

Gershon is talking shit because his time is the spotlight is over, and he's jealous of all the shine some other people got who he feels don't skate for the same reasons he does. It's not overt, and he may not even be aware that's what he's doing in the long run, but that's what his behavior points to. In a round about way he's saying "skaters who care too much about style are less legit than me and I deserve more attention". Jealousy is often passive aggressively expressed.

goldenbullcow

• Rep: -406
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2018, 08:43:39 AM »
I like Gershon but I think no matter what his point was it’s a bit tacky to be critical of someon deceased

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2018, 08:44:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I think it's more likely that Gershon is confused about Dylan's history. It's not a secret that Dylan was acknowledged very early on as someone who had enormous potential to be marketed, which is probably what Gershon is getting at. To think he's intentionally putting Dylan down in order to prop himself up is a stretch.
[close]

Gershon is talking shit because his time is the spotlight is over, and he's jealous of all the shine some other people got who he feels don't skate for the same reasons he does. It's not overt, and he may not even be aware that's what he's doing in the long run, but that's what his behavior points to. In a round about way he's saying "skaters who care too much about style are less legit than me and I deserve more attention". Jealousy is often passive aggressively expressed.

Yep Mark Suciu is pretty old.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2018, 08:46:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Sounds like he’d fit right in on SLAP
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 08:50:27 AM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 463
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2018, 08:47:35 AM »
Are we not even going to speak on the fact the Gershon just called Jason Lee the most overrated skater?!?

I appreciate Gershon speaking in an unguarded fashion, a rarity in skateboarding and clearly something only somebody completely removed from the industry would do. Jenkem does these interviews (like Mike Carroll and Sinner) and just stumbles onto GOLD.

I think we all can agree Gershon was a legend and a skateboarding machine back in the day, but also that his thoughts are racing and he is a little manic and super resentful (whether it is others racism, jockness (be it baseball or football), trick selection depth, or authenticity of style) especially considering Jenkem "edited the interview pretty heavily to make it more coherent" and it still came out kinda insane.

Please, please let Chromeball interview Gershon.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2018, 09:02:05 AM »
Are we not even going to speak on the fact the Gershon just called Jason Lee the most overrated skater?!?

I appreciate Gershon speaking in an unguarded fashion, a rarity in skateboarding and clearly something only somebody completely removed from the industry would do. Jenkem does these interviews (like Mike Carroll and Sinner) and just stumbles onto GOLD.

I think we all can agree Gershon was a legend and a skateboarding machine back in the day, but also that his thoughts are racing and he is a little manic and super resentful (whether it is others racism, jockness (be it baseball or football), trick selection depth, or authenticity of style) especially considering Jenkem "edited the interview pretty heavily to make it more coherent" and it still came out kinda insane.

i don't think he called jason lee 'overrated' just said he was milking skating to sell stuff. like the 3 clips he put out were not on par w/ how heavy hitting gersh remembers jason lee [before my time but some of ya'll lifers can attest, his part was 'the part' of video days when it was released].
he more accused him of half stepping as i read it. if you're gonna come back, come back hard.

Putaslocas

• Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2018, 09:07:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Dylan absolutely had fake arm steez. It was one of his most talked about features when he was on fire. I understand that people want to be respectful when someone passes, but there's no reason to rewrite history on such a petty thing. Even if you personally don't think he was posing, it was very much a well known ongoing debate so don't act like Gershon just made it up. To acknowledge this very small but well known aspect of his skating doesn't take away from how amazing a skater he was.
[close]

People are definitely very touchy about Dylan.

Gersh is just kooking it as always, though. Saying "they" discovered Dylan from modeling or whatever... pure bullshit that he's just making up out of jealousy. He did that a few times in the interview to belittle other people's achievements. Yeah, Gershon was a nice guy back in the day if you met him at a demo or something, but he was also clearly on the spectrum of kookiness.

Funny thing is that dylan did get discovered through modeling. Tough pill to swallow i know.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2018, 09:17:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
i don't think he called jason lee 'overrated' just said he was milking skating to sell stuff. like the 3 clips he put out were not on par w/ how heavy hitting gersh remembers jason lee [before my time but some of ya'll lifers can attest, his part was 'the part' of video days when it was released].
he more accused him of half stepping as i read it. if you're gonna come back, come back hard.
Dear God no.  Hell no.  Oof.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 884
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2018, 09:20:31 AM »
Why the fuck did a dude who grew up in Compton decide going to Idaho was the move? 

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2018, 09:20:57 AM »
Most of skaters on Zero was what Gerson said. A lot of fisheye and 4 trick.

Before Dylan passed his arms was a constant Topic on slap..a lot of dudes here called Dylan fake style. But now talks shit on Gerson for say the truth. Dylan was fucking talented, but his style was fake, just watch his supreme part.

Thank you! the fourm seems to forget that there was threads on his arms and style constantly.  But then again theres tons of new users on this thing now..

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2018, 09:22:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Dear God no.  Hell no.  Oof.

GONZ GONZ GONZ GONZ

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2018, 09:29:53 AM »
Why the fuck did a dude who grew up in Compton decide going to Idaho was the move?

have you been to Compton in those times? everyone was dipping out it was a war zone for a while. it just started to die down 

thisisnotepic

• Rep: 88
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2018, 09:31:25 AM »
Some fools might think he comes off as jealous because that's a fuckwit's knee jerk to someone who's "hating," but keep in mind Gershon actively walked away from the industry and kept true to his convictions about it. This is a dude who had enough skill AND clout to ride right back into the game at practically any time. He could have carved himself a nice slice, but proved he didn't want it by ex-patting off to Idaho, Seattle, KC, who knows where else. Those claiming jealousy have no idea who Gershon is and the values to which he holds himself.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 884
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2018, 09:44:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

have you been to Compton in those times? everyone was dipping out it was a war zone for a while. it just started to die down

I just find it odd that he chose Idaho of all places, I understand getting out of a bad situation but it just seems like a strange destination.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2018, 10:24:42 AM »
dylan was alive when we had a 6 page thread about his arms in his last firing line
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2018, 10:43:37 AM »
Gershon Mosley is like the black gershon Mosley

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2018, 11:00:32 AM »
so he's a kook for calling shit out but folks are kooks for not calling shit out(i.e. 10/10)?

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2018, 11:15:56 AM »
youd think for how much he sweats he'd be a little bit more mellow.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2018, 11:54:22 AM »
maybe hes just into non-melanated girls
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2018, 12:53:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dylan absolutely had fake arm steez. It was one of his most talked about features when he was on fire. I understand that people want to be respectful when someone passes, but there's no reason to rewrite history on such a petty thing. Even if you personally don't think he was posing, it was very much a well known ongoing debate so don't act like Gershon just made it up. To acknowledge this very small but well known aspect of his skating doesn't take away from how amazing a skater he was.
[close]

People are definitely very touchy about Dylan.

Gersh is just kooking it as always, though. Saying "they" discovered Dylan from modeling or whatever... pure bullshit that he's just making up out of jealousy. He did that a few times in the interview to belittle other people's achievements. Yeah, Gershon was a nice guy back in the day if you met him at a demo or something, but he was also clearly on the spectrum of kookiness.
[close]

Funny thing is that dylan did get discovered through modeling. Tough pill to swallow i know.

I wouldn't really care, to be honest. He was a good skater, but his overly expressed style was a bit much for me. Skateboarding isn't hollywood, "they" didn't find some model kid and teach him how to skate. Dylan was a young skater who was already sponsored, and also doing modeling shoots. He happened to meet a future friend who would help him with his career trajectory at one of those shoots, apparently. I guess every time someone meets someone new, they're being discovered by that person - so you're right!

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2018, 12:56:41 PM »
Some fools might think he comes off as jealous because that's a fuckwit's knee jerk to someone who's "hating," but keep in mind Gershon actively walked away from the industry and kept true to his convictions about it. This is a dude who had enough skill AND clout to ride right back into the game at practically any time. He could have carved himself a nice slice, but proved he didn't want it by ex-patting off to Idaho, Seattle, KC, who knows where else. Those claiming jealousy have no idea who Gershon is and the values to which he holds himself.

Jealousy is very often a subconscious emotion, and it manifests itself via "hating" or trying to diminish the accomplishments of others. A person can walk away from success for whatever reasons they want and still be a jealous and petty little bitch about it.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2213
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2018, 12:57:28 PM »
He went to Idaho for the potatoes.

No denying the salt in Gershon's sweat,but I think he feels that since he didn't sell out like his fellow pros of his era or milk it he is better. His skating is wild, but all the times I've run into him he came off as an arrogant dick,on his high sweaty horse. He's right about Jason Lee. Dylan's arms were always a thing,my buddy changed his arm style to something similar, and got called out on it. He stopped for a bit, but does it more now when he is flexing a trick he lands.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2018, 01:07:45 PM »
You have seen Tom Penny's early (mongo) style then goofy boy compared to golden era Penny? His style looks more forced now. Jason Dill never used to skate the way he does either. Peoples style changes just like their trick selection. As long as it's not self cheering then it really isn't an issue (for me). Dylan had great style and skill. I don't think we even got to seem him at his peak which is heartbreaking. 

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2018, 01:21:31 PM »
Compared to Gershon Dill barely can push..but got to much luck in his career.

tura

« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2018, 01:28:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Jealousy is very often a subconscious emotion, and it manifests itself via "hating" or trying to diminish the accomplishments of others. A person can walk away from success for whatever reasons they want and still be a jealous and petty little bitch about it.

You sure you're not subconsciously jealous of Gershon?