Author Topic: Cory Kennedy enters guilty plea  (Read 33994 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Cory Kennedy enters guilty plea
« Reply #150 on: August 14, 2018, 06:31:24 PM »
Expand Quote
So funny how the people most often asking others to "chill the fuck out" always seem to be the most agitated.

I think Gip has an interesting point, the man died in a way related to alcohol abuse, so it seems a little macabre to celebrate via alcohol abuse. Seems less like going surfing to celebrate your friend who died surfing, and more like smoking a 40 cigarettes in a row to celebrate your friend who died of lung cancer.

More central to this thread, Cory is rich and something of a celebrity, his family is rich, which means the system favors him in general, and that they can afford high quality legal counsel. The fact he plead guilty guarantees there was a plea deal. You're out of your mind if you think he's getting ten years or whatever, if he serves any jail time at all I would be surprised.
[close]
  Yah so funny.  (dont actually address my point, just be passive aggressive cause thats your capacity.)
We’ve already laughed you off his thread though, your opinion stopped counting a while ago
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

sms_b

« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2018, 06:44:44 PM »
Cory Kennedy is a dumb drunk driving fuck who killed a beloved member of the skateboard community and moreover a father of two young boys who now have to grow up without a father. Stop blaming the victim. Why don't y'all start a new thread: FREE GATOR: cause he can ride a skateboard.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #152 on: August 15, 2018, 01:33:51 AM »
hes prolly still drinking like a jackass.
If he's still heavily drinking I feel bad for him, but I doubt if he is, its on a lets party type attitude. More of, I'm fucking depressed let me drink until I can forget my problems and do it again soon. I had a friend who accidently killed someone in a car accident (wasn't drunk but was extremely reckless and the passanger wasn't wearing a seatbelt), and it led down a path to life-changing addiction, in-part, because he couldn't deal with the issues caused by his guilt.

Cory Kennedy is a dumb drunk driving fuck who killed a beloved member of the skateboard community and moreover a father of two young boys who now have to grow up without a father. Stop blaming the victim. Why don't y'all start a new thread: FREE GATOR: cause he can ride a skateboard.
Lets not start with extreme false equivalencies here. If you think what Gator and Cory did were in anyway comparable outside of the fact they were criminal acts and led to a death, you are truly a moron. One, is a very stupid and immature mistake with horrible consequences, the other is fucking murder with extreme malice.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #153 on: August 15, 2018, 05:45:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So funny how the people most often asking others to "chill the fuck out" always seem to be the most agitated.

I think Gip has an interesting point, the man died in a way related to alcohol abuse, so it seems a little macabre to celebrate via alcohol abuse. Seems less like going surfing to celebrate your friend who died surfing, and more like smoking a 40 cigarettes in a row to celebrate your friend who died of lung cancer.

More central to this thread, Cory is rich and something of a celebrity, his family is rich, which means the system favors him in general, and that they can afford high quality legal counsel. The fact he plead guilty guarantees there was a plea deal. You're out of your mind if you think he's getting ten years or whatever, if he serves any jail time at all I would be surprised.
[close]
  Yah so funny.  (dont actually address my point, just be passive aggressive cause thats your capacity.)
[close]
We’ve already laughed you off his thread though, your opinion stopped counting a while ago
  What? -so you think thats for YOU to say?  come on dude.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #154 on: August 15, 2018, 07:22:16 AM »
no, you are definitely an idiot
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #155 on: August 15, 2018, 01:15:13 PM »
Well my names better than yours.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

ManMelt

« Reply #156 on: August 15, 2018, 01:29:57 PM »
Ryan Dunn killed the passenger in his car too. He was absolutely wasted and was driving over 120 mph. Dunn had a multi page memorial thread though.  Cory was barely over the limit and wasn’t really driving too recklessly, just underestimated a turn in the road. Dunn never really caught too much flack though. Was it because he died too? Was it because Dunn’s passenger was an unknown, and Cory’s was a beloved member of the skate community? If Cory died too, would your opinion be different? I’m just playing devil’s advocate here.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #157 on: August 15, 2018, 03:05:00 PM »
It's hard to punish someone harder than them dying in the accident they caused.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2018, 03:23:52 PM »
Expand Quote
did anyone ever find out where ck1's family money came from?
[close]

Hard Work?
Great wealth almost never comes from "hard work."  Take that libertarian bullshit to reddit.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2018, 03:37:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hard Work?
[close]
Great wealth almost never comes from "hard work."  Take that libertarian bullshit to reddit.
well lookie here, we got ourselves another big old dummy

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1596
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #160 on: August 15, 2018, 04:22:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hard Work?
[close]

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times... fuck librarians!
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

ChiefSQueff

• Rep: -263
« Reply #161 on: August 15, 2018, 04:52:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hard Work?
[close]
true dat. I've worked my ass off for the pretty half of my life and still buy cigs with quarters some days

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #162 on: August 15, 2018, 05:14:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hard Work?
[close]
[close]
true dat. I've worked my ass off for the pretty half of my life and still buy cigs with quarters some days

work smarter, not harder.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2018, 02:44:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hard Work?
[close]
[close]

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times... fuck librarians!

I did once, it was educational.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2018, 09:02:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hard Work?
[close]
[close]
[close]

That kinda proves the point that hard work isn’t what makes one rich. Really, the ability to take more of the surplus labor of a worker is what makes the rich so wealthy in our current society. Hard work can get you into the middle class, if you have the right kind of job. But being rich requires a greater amount of wealth than one can earn through work. Bezos hasnt put $150 billion wortg of work in, he just owns a behemoth of a company and takes profit from all of the work done within it by all of its workers. He came up witg a smart idea and executed it well, but its impossible to claim he’s the hardest worker in modern history, which would be the case if work effort and wealth were directly connected the way its implied.

And yes, givecigstosurfgroms, you are less respected and more stupid than me. If that bothers you, stop being a worthless pile of shit all the time

bo golden

« Reply #165 on: August 16, 2018, 09:19:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hard Work?
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
That kinda proves the point that hard work isn’t what makes one rich. Really, the ability to take more of the surplus labor of a worker is what makes the rich so wealthy in our current society. Hard work can get you into the middle class, if you have the right kind of job. But being rich requires a greater amount of wealth than one can earn through work. Bezos hasnt put $150 billion wortg of work in, he just owns a behemoth of a company and takes profit from all of the work done within it by all of its workers. He came up witg a smart idea and executed it well, but its impossible to claim he’s the hardest worker in modern history, which would be the case if work effort and wealth were directly connected the way its implied.

And yes, givecigstosurfgroms, you are less respected and more stupid than me. If that bothers you, stop being a worthless pile of shit all the time

it takes money to make money.

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #166 on: August 16, 2018, 10:23:50 AM »

So im assuming youve never made a mistake driving in your life ? Never a wide turn or maybe you didnt see a stop sign ? And yes Cory Kennedy had been drinking, however Pstone did make the decision to drive with him knowing full well what the consequences could be.

Cory deserves to pay for what he has done, but don't treat the guy like a murderer.

ManMelt

« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2018, 10:29:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So im assuming youve never made a mistake driving in your life ? Never a wide turn or maybe you didnt see a stop sign ? And yes Cory Kennedy had been drinking, however Pstone did make the decision to drive with him knowing full well what the consequences could be.

Cory deserves to pay for what he has done, but don't treat the guy like a murderer.

My point exactly. Ryan Dunn was driving much more recklessly, was completely wasted, but since he killed an unknown, he was never looked upon as a “murderer”. If Cory’s passenger wasn’t P-Stone, this whole ordeal would be completely different. As if P-Stone’s life was more valuable than an unknown friend.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2018, 11:23:25 AM »
damn...It's been awhile. good to see nothings changed up in this bitch. P-stone was the best. gone way too soon. I hope corey's situation gets better. thats all.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

midevilco

« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2018, 11:52:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hard Work?
[close]

The fuck it doesn't.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2018, 12:24:48 PM »
hes prolly still drinking like a jackass.

When someone uses "prolly" in a sentence, I immediately perk up and listen to what that person has to say because they're prolly smart.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2018, 08:08:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

My point exactly. Ryan Dunn was driving much more recklessly, was completely wasted, but since he killed an unknown, he was never looked upon as a “murderer”. If Cory’s passenger wasn’t P-Stone, this whole ordeal would be completely different. As if P-Stone’s life was more valuable than an unknown friend.
No, its because he died. Is that really so hard to figure out? That’s why nobody ran with your point- it was a very bad point

Hoeboi

• Rep: -362
« Reply #172 on: August 16, 2018, 08:15:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hard Work?
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

broke boy gives further evidence that he is in fact a broke boy. go grade some papers you piece of shit.

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2018, 10:29:34 PM »
broke boy gives further evidence that he is in fact a broke boy. go grade some papers you piece of shit.