Author Topic: "The Chocolate Tour" Full Video | Chocolate Skateboards (1999)  (Read 3421 times)

Matze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: "The Chocolate Tour" Full Video | Chocolate Skateboards (1999)
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2021, 01:10:18 AM »
That was the first and most watched girl video. Think I watched it 3-4 times a week when I was a teenager. My tumblr (yes, I live in the past) is called a picture of Brandon.
How many years was it im between chocolate tour and yeah right? 4 years? A lot happened in between, mainly the whole internet and technology thing, and we all waited on slap for THAT download link. Everyone was a bit disappointed cause it did not live up to the hype … still one of the greatest videos of all time.

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: "The Chocolate Tour" Full Video | Chocolate Skateboards (1999)
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2021, 05:46:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Stevie with last part had Philly hyped.

Colin McKay’s part ruined the flow of the video.

Tony Ferguson and SJ had the sleeper parts of the video.

I always wondered why there was no Paulo in Mouse and no Gabe in Chocolate Tour.

Girl and Chocolate’s prime definitely ended with this video. I think for everyone who grew up in the Girl heyday, we were probably most accustomed to it being where former World riders jumped ship to. New riders not from World, at least to me, required more scrutiny.

SJ, Stevie, and even Biebel made sense. Everyone after that seemed peculiar. Like Kenny rode for Planet Earth, which was nowhere near being an elite company.
[close]
Kenny fit despite apparently being a shit human being, he has amazing style on the board.

I'd add McCrank too, he came from post-World Plan B at the time. He def fit due to his connection with Koston through eS, although I believe its Colin who got him on.

McCrank actually came from Birdhouse, which made it even more strange. He went to Birdhouse as that iteration of Plan B folded. The Canuck and eS connection were key. His getting on Girl marked a big shift in how skateboarding was changing at the time. He was Girl’s first real ATV. It was uncomfortable for most Girl acolytes, but his part in The End was undeniable.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion