Author Topic: Corey Duffel | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 113  (Read 18099 times)

cold budweisers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Corey Duffel | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 113
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2018, 10:06:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't know much about Duffel but Neiratko autobiographically bragging about raping a girl in college is pretty disgusting.
[close]
Alright if you don't know much about duffle you can start by reading the excert posted above of an interview he gave towards the beginning of his career. At least duffle is worth knowing something about. We're all idiots for letting characters like neiratko become influencial in the skate world, (Nobody HAD to do those dogshit interviews that niertko conducted).  That's how he's got a platform for his rape stories now, cause people just let anyone waltz into the scene if they own a shop or if they'll give you an interview or if they're  a snowboard slash skate rep.
[close]

Okay Chris calm down, niertko started the interview by making fun of him, as a 15 year old kid a lot of us would have been more immature
[close]
    So the word "immature" is the word we're gonna chose now to  describe someone saying "nigger this and nigger that" huh?  And it's okay cause the interviewer "made fun of him"
[close]

jfc give it a rest
[close]
You don't like to hear it?! Get fucked
[close]

we've been hearing it for 20 fucking years now.  you're so so noble with your crusade, though, give yourself a pat on the back
[close]
Read the thread dickhead there was no crusade.  The only reason I piped up was cause someone tried to say that Niertko "pushed" Corey to say "nigger" which is patently false.  I fucking think Corey duffel is rad and also realize he's made amends.  My only crusade is against you fuckers on slap bending the truth to suit who you like and don't.  PS shut the fuk up
[close]

To be fair, I’m pretty sure he actually called Stevie a “niggaw”.
wow, i had not even considered the fact that duffel is physically incapable of saying the n-word with a hard r, he is officially absolved of all wrongdoing

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2018, 10:21:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Instead of the same damn Corey Duffel conversation for the 200th time- lets discuss how he says that Pat Duffy is "the most important Bay Area Skateboarder" in the new Thrasher

The second dumbest thing he ever said.
[close]

Pat Duffy is a pioneer of handrail skating and I could 100% see how Corey would think that. People like to bash Duffy for his current views but he brought skateboarding to the next level in the early 90’s.
[close]
yeah, if pat subscribed to the shut up and skate newsletter, dudes would still be creaming hard over him for sure
No they wouldn't.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2018, 10:25:55 PM »
his part in questionable was absolutely fucked! when it came out and he dropped some crazy tech in virtual reality considering he was coming off a knee injury.
If you didn't immediately order sailing on the seas of cheese cd or constantly quote "best ride I seen" in the mid 90s after seeing his parts then you should retroactively file for child abuse ...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 12:34:23 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2018, 09:14:16 AM »
I don’t get why he said he’s broke now, they didn’t cover what happened with Osiris, I’m sure he made some good money before the recession

Wondering this too. Duffel was on top of the game for years.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2018, 10:57:07 AM »
Expand Quote
I don’t get why he said he’s broke now, they didn’t cover what happened with Osiris, I’m sure he made some good money before the recession
[close]

Wondering this too. Duffel was on top of the game for years.

Broke is a very subjective term though.. how broke is broke?
though saying that, Foundation arent known to be very generous when it comes to cash.. they dont have the budget for it, and hes not got any pro shoes cheques coming through anymore.. shame. dude has done enough that he should be able to live comfortably

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2018, 12:56:59 PM »
if he were broke he wouldn't be living in san francisco
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2207
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2018, 12:58:28 PM »
He lives in Walnut Creek still doesn't he? Outskirts if anything. Didn't Osiris not pay him for his shoes or some shit like that and that led to his distaste?

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2018, 02:12:43 PM »
he lives in walnut creek which is very much not sf

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2018, 02:17:20 PM »
I’m not comfortable reading “Corey Duffel | The N” from the homepage

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2018, 03:57:59 PM »
is it really that much cheaper?
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2018, 05:41:00 PM »
Yeah, but still expensive.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2018, 05:46:47 PM »
Walnut creek is super expensive and it's just some shitty suburb that happens to be in the bay area

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2018, 06:25:18 PM »
Honestly, I wasn't too psyched on listening to this one, but I saw the comments in here saying it was good, so I pushed through.

Glad I did. He sounds like a vulnerable, honest, somewhat kooky but very well meaning dude who absolutely did some shitty stuff...but he grew. If we're gonna expect people to change, then we have to accept them when they do.

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2018, 08:01:08 PM »
I back Corey. I respect anyone who can own up to their actions and sincerely apologize for something they did or something they said. That aside, I was kinda surprised by him using "cocksucker" as a pejorative term. Seems kinda weird to make big confessions about how you used to say fucked up shit and use fucked up words and how close he is to BA and then say "That dude's a COCKSUCKER!!!"

Also Nieratko is a douche regardless of if he had any responsibility or obligation in the Duffel interview.

so what words is he allowed to say?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2018, 04:02:56 AM »
Expand Quote
I back Corey. I respect anyone who can own up to their actions and sincerely apologize for something they did or something they said. That aside, I was kinda surprised by him using "cocksucker" as a pejorative term. Seems kinda weird to make big confessions about how you used to say fucked up shit and use fucked up words and how close he is to BA and then say "That dude's a COCKSUCKER!!!"

Also Nieratko is a douche regardless of if he had any responsibility or obligation in the Duffel interview.
[close]

"Jeez I'm mean if a fella can't say nigra or cogsugger , what can he say". Ha
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2018, 04:43:10 AM »
It's really unfortunate that foundation didn't want to include his part in the new video. I know they want to focus on the young guys but they are still selling Corey's boards and it would have been a proper send off.

Also, the part in the nine club interview about Nieratko claiming he "made him" with the big brother interview shows how far Nieratko is up his own ass. Corey's image combined with the huge stuff he was skating made him so marketable at the time.

augor

• Rep: -25
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2018, 06:32:15 AM »
Damn near 3 hours of listening to the lisp? The Nice Club is making it hard the last few weeks to watch some of these guests

After a long 9 hour drive with no am radio reception I listened to the interview. I was wrong about Duffel. Big ups to him and great story teller.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2018, 07:19:43 AM »
I listened to this episode after my shift and ended up buying a jacket from Devium. Really stoked on it all being made in America... prices are pretty high but i’ve always preached the Made In America shit so had to put my money where my mouth is. Im gunna put it to the test at work.

Regarding Duffs commemts in BB: If we want to get rid of or reduce racism/homophobia/discrimination then we have to try to practice what we preach. Corey made those comments when he was just a ignorant pressured kid. I emphasize that he was “Ignorant” as in he was uneducated. He seems to have since been educated and is incredibly remorseful for his actions. I view that as progress.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2018, 09:11:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hasn’t he owned a house for 15 years?
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2018, 09:21:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Hasn’t he owned a house for 15 years?
corey bought his house on a GI bill
but it wasn't worth everything he had to kill
to get it

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2018, 04:42:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It's considerably cheaper than in the city. Besides, he's from there. I'm sure he learned how to budget to not be priced out of his own hometown. He's not the only one to ever do it.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Mount St. Hermdog

• Rep: 8
« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2018, 04:09:16 AM »
I can't wait to hear Beagle explain how the ghost of DJ Screw sent him a message to go punch Corey Duffel one night when he was on a bunch of cough syrup

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2018, 09:47:22 PM »
I've always been the worst hater when it comes to Duffel's wardrobe, but Carnie and Nieratko should be crucified for the way they basically tried to ruin his life. Especially as obviously he's never been a racist. Some weaker dude (me for instance) could easily have killed himself for all the shit he's gotten over the years.

ineedthis

• Rep: -39
« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2018, 10:29:34 AM »
I've always been the worst hater when it comes to Duffel's wardrobe, but Carnie and Nieratko should be crucified for the way they basically tried to ruin his life. Especially as obviously he's never been a racist. Some weaker dude (me for instance) could easily have killed himself for all the shit he's gotten over the years.

100%. This has been playing on my mind the most out of this whole interview, Carnie and Nieratko are just bad people. Him saying "I made you", to Corey. I don't know, just bully mentality shit, skateboarding is shrouded in it, its the ugly stepchild, the elephant in the room.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2018, 10:49:01 AM »
This is the first episode where I have truly wanted to to listen to it multiple times.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Googan Christmas

• Rep: 25
« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2018, 11:30:54 AM »
Niratko sounds like that pussy who would instigate fights in high school to take the heat of him.  Like no doubt that he ruined Cory’s career to some degree, prolly would have been on zero during their prime and we all would have benefited from seeing someone like Cory pushed by someone like Thomas. 
Beagle also seems like a pussy, I mean you can see the footage of those sucker punches.
And not sure if you guys are joking about the hard “r” thing but if that got changes in the context of the interview, that is really fucked up and increased the offensiveness ten fold.  Good on Kreem and Stevie for taking the high road and not piling on, that’s not easy to do.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2018, 02:58:23 PM »
I can't wait to hear Beagle explain how the ghost of DJ Screw sent him a message to go punch Corey Duffel one night when he was on a bunch of cough syrup

+1

Edit: kinda wish he went into the 15 minutes he rode for Fallen
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2018, 09:43:08 PM »
Coreys not so mad about the words he used, he's mad he let himself get jewed by chris by playing into the scam. 

We've all had it happen to us, we change our souls to interact with how we perceive something to be to fit in only to be disgusted by it later, only difference is corys is a magazine interview to be seen forever.

It okay Corey I love ur real soul.
Racism, homophobia and niw we have an anti-semite.
Wheres your apology?

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2018, 04:56:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i'd assume that means mother fucker is out

#metoo

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #119 on: October 01, 2018, 02:42:05 PM »
Niratko sounds like that pussy who would instigate fights in high school to take the heat of him.  Like no doubt that he ruined Cory’s career to some degree, prolly would have been on zero during their prime and we all would have benefited from seeing someone like Cory pushed by someone like Thomas. 
Beagle also seems like a pussy, I mean you can see the footage of those sucker punches.
And not sure if you guys are joking about the hard “r” thing but if that got changes in the context of the interview, that is really fucked up and increased the offensiveness ten fold.  Good on Kreem and Stevie for taking the high road and not piling on, that’s not easy to do.

I’m with this guy for the most part.
The drive that Corey has had throughout his lengthy career is self-evident. The guy has been a machine and has always shown progression from part to part in one way or another. But it’s easy to imagine the kind of shine he could have had if the Cheif was busting his chops too :P
He’s been a great sort of oddity to me, he’s been my favourite skater since I was a kid but he’s had some strange moments in his career: the BB interview, the getting left in Tampa for saying he would ride for Baker, getting on Fallen - having one sick add put out before the contract was signed then was off Fallen just as quickly, skating for Osiris of all
Companies while apparently not skating their shoes, constant and insane injuries .
This episode was a fucking delight for me and I’m glad to see some more appreciationfor Duffel.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.