Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1468563 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 191
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #10920 on: October 12, 2023, 06:33:14 AM »
Word around town, outlets where I sit

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -531
« Reply #10921 on: October 12, 2023, 08:34:36 AM »
Expand Quote
I get we bomb and drone strike, but not sure we’re doing all that “all over the world for decades.”
[close]

If you're actually interested in the topic, I encourage you to read up on it. Maybe start here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_war_crimes

Or maybe here if you're specifically doubting the "killing civilians indiscriminately and butchering babies" part:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_massacre

And before someone starts whatabouting that this kind of behavior happens everywhere all the time: Yes, absolutely. That's why all armed conflicts are utter tragedies.

I’m aware that is soldiers have done some horrific stuff, but it seems like the accusation is that the U.S. military has endorsed Hamas like tactics.  The us seems to throw people in jail often as a resolution to these accounts, where as Hamas, reportedly, celebrates these actions.

In terms of wataboutism, isn’t ravens initial comment  peak whataboutism?

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #10922 on: October 12, 2023, 08:59:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I get we bomb and drone strike, but not sure we’re doing all that “all over the world for decades.”
[close]

If you're actually interested in the topic, I encourage you to read up on it. Maybe start here:

Or maybe here if you're specifically doubting the "killing civilians indiscriminately and butchering babies" part:

And before someone starts whatabouting that this kind of behavior happens everywhere all the time: Yes, absolutely. That's why all armed conflicts are utter tragedies.
[close]

I’m aware that is soldiers have done some horrific stuff, but it seems like the accusation is that the U.S. military has endorsed Hamas like tactics.  The us seems to throw people in jail often as a resolution to these accounts, where as Hamas, reportedly, celebrates these actions.

I'm really not trying to get into political or moral arguments on Slap, and I regret posting anything on this topic already, so forgive me if this is my last reply in this matter:

Hamas is an internationally shunned terror organization, the US military is part of the executive branch of the most powerful country in the world and by far the strongest armed force in existence. There's really no comparing the two on any level, and that's not what I tried to do with my post.

I just saw your statement and misread it as you thinking the US military wasn't in the business of intentionally killing children and civilians, so I posted something. If you think these actions are the result of the proverbial few bad apples and not of systemic nature, cool. Chances are I won't be able to convince you otherwise, and I would really like to focus my time and energy on here on skateboarding related matters.

Shtonk

• Rep: -501
« Reply #10923 on: October 12, 2023, 09:00:14 AM »
Not to start a semantic war around "whataboutism" but to insist on a perspective that sees both sides of an intricately linked conflict instead of exclusively concentrating on the suffering on one side, doesn't seem so very whatabouty to me. I've always understood whataboutism as trying to redirect attention/argument to an unrelated or at least distant topic. Like if somebody talked about Israeli mourning and you came in: yeah but what about the people drowning in the Mediterranean?

Shtonk

• Rep: -501
« Reply #10924 on: October 12, 2023, 09:02:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm really not trying to get into political or moral arguments on Slap, and I regret posting anything on this topic already, so forgive me if this is my last reply in this matter:

Hamas is an internationally shunned terror organization, the US military is part of the executive branch of the most powerful country in the world and by far the strongest armed force in existence. There's really no comparing the two on any level, and that's not what I tried to do with my post.

I just saw your statement and misread it as you thinking the US military wasn't in the business of intentionally killing children and civilians, so I posted something. If you think these actions are the result of the proverbial few bad apples and not of systemic nature, cool. Chances are I won't be able to convince you otherwise, and I would really like to focus my time and energy on here on skateboarding related matters.

I think you make an important point and concisely so and I thank you for the time and effort spent on it. I'd like to focus on skateboarding as well but the world has a habit of interfering.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #10925 on: October 12, 2023, 09:30:21 AM »
nah peak whataboutism would be saying "what about the nakba"

Are you trying to suggest we shouldn't acknowledge the nakba?

Useless_wooden_lurker

• Rep: 36
  • Congratulations! You've wasted your life!
« Reply #10926 on: October 12, 2023, 09:54:03 AM »
I’m no expert on the situation between hamas/ palistine and Israel, but I’m pretty sure raven’s not either

Aside from having clearly given a lot of thought to his post, Raven was at least able to spell "Palestine" correctly.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10927 on: October 12, 2023, 10:20:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You responded with a list of US war crimes but it’s also a list of people charged and punished for war crimes by the US.  Can you provide me a similar list of people being punished for war crimes from groups like Hamas?

I’m not saying that any army is or war is without these war crimes, but the idea that the US has been doing the same thing as Hamas for decades is rediculous.

If the us is “in the business of killing children and civilians” why have we engaged in ground conflict at all?  Why not just use our indisputably larger arsenal to blow up an Afghanistan or Iraq?  Why hasn’t Israel done this to Palestine? 

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 870
« Reply #10928 on: October 12, 2023, 10:20:29 AM »
All things considered Raven's post is generating some fairly decent and informed discussion. I'm sure it will deteriorate into over-simplified, polarized, name calling rapidly.

manysnakes

« Reply #10929 on: October 12, 2023, 10:33:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You responded with a list of US war crimes but it’s also a list of people charged and punished for war crimes by the US.  Can you provide me a similar list of people being punished for war crimes from groups like Hamas?

I’m not saying that any army is or war is without these war crimes, but the idea that the US has been doing the same thing as Hamas for decades is rediculous.

If the us is “in the business of killing children and civilians” why have we engaged in ground conflict at all?  Why not just use our indisputably larger arsenal to blow up an Afghanistan or Iraq?  Why hasn’t Israel done this to Palestine?

My god dude, you cannot possibly be this stupid.

lurkluke

• Rep: 199
« Reply #10930 on: October 12, 2023, 10:34:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Here's a start:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/obamas-pentagon-covered-up-war-crimes-in-afghanistan-says-amnesty-international

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 232
  • often correct
« Reply #10931 on: October 12, 2023, 12:40:27 PM »

EDIT: sorry for the massive image
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 12:51:31 PM by Ignatius J Reilly »

Magnolia

• Rep: 470
  • She/They
« Reply #10932 on: October 12, 2023, 12:47:10 PM »

It's remarkable how quickly people shift from earthy crunchy health nuts to right wing racists. Fuck AO
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 81
« Reply #10933 on: October 12, 2023, 12:47:48 PM »

wow so edgy, what a cool guy

glad i don't have to see anything about this dude anymore for the most part. always been a fucking idiot

Magnolia

• Rep: 470
  • She/They
« Reply #10934 on: October 12, 2023, 12:52:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

glad i don't have to see anything about this dude anymore for the most part. always been a fucking idiot
I remember thinking he sounded like an idiot in his 9 club interview, even for them it was completely devoid of substance
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 117
« Reply #10935 on: October 12, 2023, 01:01:17 PM »
Well, Alex has proven to be even more of an imbecile than he already seemed to be. When I was a bit younger the 917 videos were my favorite videos but teenage me never really wanted to buy their product as I thought Alex was kind of a kook and so many of his designs were awful. Recently I wished that I had collected 1 or 2 of the better designs but now I'm happy I didn't. Super glad everyone left 917 and did Limosine (or at least most of them). It's 917 without Alex in the best way

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #10936 on: October 12, 2023, 01:03:59 PM »
I unfollowed Alex a few months back. Every so often he’d be posting some weird takes or things in general
I wasn’t down with or think about.

Still a big fan of his skating despite his low output and effort over the years.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10937 on: October 12, 2023, 01:39:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Here's a start:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/obamas-pentagon-covered-up-war-crimes-in-afghanistan-says-amnesty-international

I guess I wasn’t clear, there’s record of the US punishing American soldiers for war crimes, do you think groups like Hamas will punish their combatants for war crimes, and is there any evidence of this having happened in the past?

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #10938 on: October 12, 2023, 01:40:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
It's remarkable how quickly people shift from earthy crunchy health nuts to right wing racists. Fuck AO

I've mentioned it before, but the wellness to fash pipeline is totally a thing. I've watched several former friends go from natural foods/remedies to anti-vax BS, all the way to becoming full blown Q Anon believers. These were formally reasonable and intelligent people too. With that said, AO has always been a bratty piece of shit and he can fuck all the way off.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10939 on: October 12, 2023, 01:47:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

My god dude, you cannot possibly be this stupid.

Regarding what?  I could very well be that stupid, but I’d need to know in reference to what we are talking about.

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 270
« Reply #10940 on: October 12, 2023, 01:49:36 PM »
Hope he was wearing those expensive Gucci pants while posting that
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
« Reply #10941 on: October 12, 2023, 01:56:36 PM »
they (immigrants, apparently) owe

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1314
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10942 on: October 12, 2023, 01:59:40 PM »
An illegal immigrant would put in 10 times the effort if given half the opportunities that spoiled shit head was given. They definitely would have at least showed up to the 917 2 premiere.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #10943 on: October 12, 2023, 02:00:38 PM »
As a lifelong leftist , I’m kind of happy we’re offloading all the crunchy types. They’ve never been good for much of anything except navel-gazing and being annoying about what they eat.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10944 on: October 12, 2023, 02:10:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I've mentioned it before, but the wellness to fash pipeline is totally a thing. I've watched several former friends go from natural foods/remedies to anti-vax BS, all the way to becoming full blown Q Anon believers. These were formally reasonable and intelligent people too. With that said, AO has always been a bratty piece of shit and he can fuck all the way off.

I had this exact same thought that it makes total sense that the California guy who got super into hippie stuff would then also get super conservative as well. There’s a whole podcast called “Conspirituality” that gets into this world from a bunch of different angles. It’s very interesting stuff.

It’s funny to see him post stuff like that because when has Alex not been “set for life?” What does he actually do for work? Pro skating was a career but he’s retired from that and as much as I liked his skating and his interviews until now, he lucked into knowing the right people and getting their support. But we all know what happened with 917, Bianca Chandon seems to be limping along even if it was doing well before. He did some music, right? There’s no way he has a desk job now. All of his jobs he did have existed because he had support and cushions to fall back on.

Colin Robinson

• Rep: 66
  • energy vampire
« Reply #10945 on: October 12, 2023, 02:12:30 PM »
As a lifelong leftist , I’m kind of happy we’re offloading all the crunchy types. They’ve never been good for much of anything except navel-gazing and being annoying about what they eat.

This, fuck hippies. Bunch of trustafarians or soup brained conspiracy theorists, go take a fucking shower.

They're a great demonstration of the horseshoe effect.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #10946 on: October 12, 2023, 02:18:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This, fuck hippies. Bunch of trustafarians or soup brained conspiracy theorists, go take a fucking shower.

They're a great demonstration of the horseshoe effect.
Yup
I’m old enough to remember “don’t open your mind so much your brain falls out” was a conservative saying. Now all the open-minded kooks hang together

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 508
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #10947 on: October 12, 2023, 02:22:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

I had this exact same thought that it makes total sense that the California guy who got super into hippie stuff would then also get super conservative as well. There’s a whole podcast called “Conspirituality” that gets into this world from a bunch of different angles. It’s very interesting stuff.

It’s funny to see him post stuff like that because when has Alex not been “set for life?” What does he actually do for work? Pro skating was a career but he’s retired from that and as much as I liked his skating and his interviews until now, he lucked into knowing the right people and getting their support. But we all know what happened with 917, Bianca Chandon seems to be limping along even if it was doing well before. He did some music, right? There’s no way he has a desk job now. All of his jobs he did have existed because he had support and cushions to fall back on.

Keen to listen to this.  It's such a welll trodden path now, it's insane.  I have a friend whos gone down it.  It really targets know it alls who can't be told shit, which he and his wife are.  Anyone who starts 'doing their own research' in regards to wellness, health soon starts not trusting doctors starts getting fed memes and ends up following Ben Shapiro in about 2 months.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 870
« Reply #10948 on: October 12, 2023, 02:37:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I remember thinking he sounded like an idiot in his 9 club interview, even for them it was completely devoid of substance

The Wellness to Conspiracy Theorist Pipeline. As an immigrant I welcome him to try....

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 508
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #10949 on: October 12, 2023, 02:41:25 PM »
He's always been a dipshit who's not had to try for much, and can't stick with anything, so of course he's threatened by people with actual life struggles.