Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1486899 times)

Kook Me Amadeus

Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #11220 on: November 16, 2023, 10:51:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Bob doing his numerology thing seems harmless enough. I remember an interview with Aaron Herrington where I think he said Bobby put him on to some of that stuff while they worked together at a coffee shop. It seems more than anything like a past time that helps him exercise his neuroticism, and if he really is insane, then I don't think it's causing that much harm; but I have a relatively high tolerance for wacky conspiracy stuff (I live in an environment where people say some crazy things). Some of the people I see eating it up in the comments from time to time is more concerning. That kinda shtick attracts an audience which tends to be "anti-New World Order" and/or "anti-globalism", which more often than not just boils down to antisemtism and exaggerated bigotry. And the shit Bobby has said in the past in regards to Steve Brandi and stuff like that is inexcusable, though I think he's since deleted that comment. The guys' got some problems but I don't think it warrants revocation of his legend status; as a skater from Jersey and as a pioneer of a particular philosophy of skating.
[close]

Coming up with/ furthering conspiracy theories about real people places and things is pretty far from harmless.  Shame on his friends and family for not getting him the help he needs.

I’d bet six figures it’s not as abnormal as you’re making it sound.

Bryanferry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -43
« Reply #11221 on: November 19, 2023, 02:43:34 PM »
not baseball maaaan

leafman4000

• Rep: 29
« Reply #11222 on: November 19, 2023, 03:11:55 PM »
not baseball maaaan

Holy shit that last slide is so good hahahaha

Where did he even find that image?
I thought skaters were tough and got laid. Way off

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #11223 on: November 19, 2023, 03:12:30 PM »
Bobby seemed lucid and clear-headed in his Nine Club interview. Never leave a man alone in his thoughts!

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11224 on: November 19, 2023, 05:37:31 PM »
The saddest part is Bobby could easily just sign up for a community college class and actually learn real knowledge or check out a book from the library, but instead this is how he spends his time.

The comments on his IG are priceless. This one is my fav so far. It implies: 1 that there is a hidden cabal guiding all the world events 2 instead of remaining unknown, they instead choose to leave number based breadcrumbs for Bobby and the rest of the kooks to decode like they are Nicholas Cage in National Treasure III: Return to the Streets and 3 the elites aren't the ones that go to Harvard, Yale, Oxford, etc. but some other group of secret people. The road to becoming a global elite isn't the road we think it is, instead there are secret schools that none of us know about where people are taught the secret art of global domination.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1702
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #11225 on: November 19, 2023, 05:49:34 PM »
The saddest part is Bobby could easily just sign up for a community college class and actually learn real knowledge or check out a book from the library, but instead this is how he spends his time.

The comments on his IG are priceless. This one is my fav so far. It implies: 1 that there is a hidden cabal guiding all the world events 2 instead of remaining unknown, they instead choose to leave number based breadcrumbs for Bobby and the rest of the kooks to decode like they are Nicholas Cage in National Treasure III: Return to the Streets and 3 the elites aren't the ones that go to Harvard, Yale, Oxford, etc. but some other group of secret people. The road to becoming a global elite isn't the road we think it is, instead there are secret schools that none of us know about where people are taught the secret art of global domination.

Yes
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -534
« Reply #11226 on: November 19, 2023, 06:17:30 PM »

Got me excited that there was a National Treasure III movie that I missed.

manysnakes

« Reply #11227 on: November 20, 2023, 06:38:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Don't get my hopes up like this.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #11228 on: November 20, 2023, 09:45:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

There’s a National Treasure TV show on Disney + … I also can’t tell if people ironically like those movies or not.   

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #11229 on: November 20, 2023, 09:53:39 AM »
I definitely like the first one enough to have bought the DVD at Goodwill.

Hard pass on a tv show, but I’d end up watching a third movie no doubt. My tastes are either too specific or too broad, I suppose.

I think National Treasure was great for what it was and it seems more difficult for Hollywood to strike the right balance of humor and seriousness and sincerity in these fate of the world/adventure/stolen bounty movies. Too many people want to recreate Indiana Jones, but do so terribly (see Uncharted).

And now I’ve said too much..

manysnakes

« Reply #11230 on: November 20, 2023, 10:10:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

There’s a National Treasure TV show on Disney + … I also can’t tell if people ironically like those movies or not.

I don't think they're high art, but they are fun enough that I saw both of them in the theater and turned friends and romantic partners onto them. If they released another, I'd be there opening night.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #11231 on: November 20, 2023, 01:06:11 PM »

Hard pass on a tv show, but I’d end up watching a third movie no doubt. My tastes are either too specific or too broad, I suppose.

I think National Treasure was great for what it was and it seems more difficult for Hollywood to strike the right balance of humor and seriousness and sincerity in these fate of the world/adventure/stolen bounty movies. Too many people want to recreate Indiana Jones, but do so terribly (see Uncharted).

I think it’s interesting what franchises people (esp on here) hold a candle for and what ones they bash on.   Enjoyed new IJ enough and Uncharted was harmless enough fun

National Treasure always seemed to me to be made to cash in on the popularity of the Da Vinci Code but struggled with a smaller world to play with (Dan Brown has Europe and the Catholic Church, NT just has about 30 years of American History).   Never fully loved the puzzle solving of the Robert Langdon books, though I like that genre, so NT never landed with me, but I don’t have ill feelings towards it.   Enjoy a popcorn movie

Btw Tin Tin movie deserves much more credit
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 01:18:12 PM by Atiba Applebum »

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1395
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #11232 on: November 20, 2023, 04:00:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think it’s interesting what franchises people (esp on here) hold a candle for and what ones they bash on.   Enjoyed new IJ enough and Uncharted was harmless enough fun

National Treasure always seemed to me to be made to cash in on the popularity of the Da Vinci Code but struggled with a smaller world to play with (Dan Brown has Europe and the Catholic Church, NT just has about 30 years of American History).   Never fully loved the puzzle solving of the Robert Langdon books, though I like that genre, so NT never landed with me, but I don’t have ill feelings towards it.   Enjoy a popcorn movie

Btw Tin Tin movie deserves much more credit
I really liked Tin Tin. I thought it worked better in 3D than any other movie from that era outside of Hugo
unreadable trap logo

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11233 on: November 20, 2023, 08:50:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I was being funny, but the type of humor that’s based on unflinching honesty.  I started the show but it needed more cage.

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 136
« Reply #11234 on: November 20, 2023, 09:28:27 PM »
National Treasure 3 was released in 2018 under the name “Mandy”. Would recommend.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11235 on: November 20, 2023, 09:45:23 PM »
National Treasure 3 was released in 2018 under the name “Mandy”. Would recommend.

Oh great, I’ll throw it on for my kids tomorrow, they love the national treasure series but missed this third one on account of the name change.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 128
« Reply #11236 on: November 21, 2023, 05:37:58 AM »
This is Bobby's future. bp+dp-666=69

"Le’T.A. Me C(m) here is our so never fakke ass kkake the Saliva name of Y-NOT ALWA?VA VA , V-W ( dub ) holey moley kids of the kluless klux klans be Iggy weds du ya “Think”? well they look like like like day bet haul dare mArbella’s hone ET. mirror that 6 from the O und it shall stay silent 1 shade mu wu hoo muwahhaha ( think early 70s sat looney tunes cartoons und now know those are the smart phoneys running this HOLE PLACE while you …… ALL IN ALL WERE JUST A NOTHER VW VANSworshipper.66-67 ? hm all mi numbers anywho. sOw-LeApTTIEtt. sow many co ops und initials bi da numskis !!!! 4 - 7s this time , got me kid on 3-7s …. almost with upside down 2’s they hook ya up hang stlye dogs ( not like u dont know - nu fish don know till poluted soda style doggy peep holes are now gonna get pay back like like kittey kkatts that land on there FACESS. - pinksnowshogun - smuckadCoKKKah you like dust ? very soon yer thinking will expire . njoy . next ?"

Ghost Face

• Rep: 125
« Reply #11237 on: November 21, 2023, 05:51:29 AM »
This is like hacking a console in Fallout.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Lin Thizzy

• Rep: 86
« Reply #11238 on: November 21, 2023, 06:34:40 AM »
"not like u dont know - nu fish don know till poluted soda style doggy peep holes are now gonna get pay back like like kittey kkatts that land on there FACESS [...] very soon yer thinking will expire . njoy . next ?"

theextrabanana

• Rep: -135
« Reply #11239 on: November 21, 2023, 06:45:03 AM »
That dope he made up a new language just like bam

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 682
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #11240 on: November 21, 2023, 07:23:06 AM »
Apophenia can be considered a commonplace effect of brain function. Taken to an extreme, however, it can be a symptom of psychiatric dysfunction, for example, as a symptom in paranoid schizophrenia, where a patient sees hostile patterns (for example, a conspiracy to persecute them) in ordinary actions.

Apophenia is also typical of conspiracy theories, where coincidences may be woven together into an apparent plot.]Apophenia can be considered a commonplace effect of brain function. Taken to an extreme, however, it can be a symptom of psychiatric dysfunction, for example, as a symptom in paranoid schizophrenia, where a patient sees hostile patterns (for example, a conspiracy to persecute them) in ordinary actions.

Apophenia is also typical of conspiracy theories, where coincidences may be woven together into an apparent plot.

Stay strong Bobby
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 10:30:35 AM by BALARGUE »

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2323
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #11241 on: November 21, 2023, 09:17:24 AM »
Now that Bobby has an assistant/accomplice in the decoding of society’s mysterious secrets, I look forward to the two of them getting to the bottom of this whole mess in short order. 

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 834
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #11242 on: November 21, 2023, 10:38:29 AM »

This is exactly something a global elite would say in order to get Bobby off of their tracks... hmmm..... 🤔
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

gearcrisis

« Reply #11243 on: November 22, 2023, 04:39:29 PM »
Now that Bobby has an assistant/accomplice in the decoding of society’s mysterious secrets, I look forward to the two of them getting to the bottom of this whole mess in short order.

my friend caught bobby lackin outside of a cafe with his dusty dogs out typin up an IG post one day… ill try and retrieve the photo

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 44
« Reply #11244 on: November 27, 2023, 10:42:02 AM »

He looks like he enjoys the smell of his own farts. flying private jet is so tasteless. the photo shoot looks so cringe. white suit and a skateboard. you can do better then that Jah!

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #11245 on: November 27, 2023, 12:12:50 PM »
Holy shit that is tacky ...

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -489
« Reply #11246 on: November 27, 2023, 02:03:08 PM »
That hat… there would be a tiny chance it was cool without that hat.
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #11247 on: November 27, 2023, 02:17:49 PM »
Nyjah isn’t trying to impress us. He’s going for the fuckboy skater crowd, whoever that is

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 287
« Reply #11248 on: November 27, 2023, 02:23:33 PM »
this isn’t an instagram post, but it’s fuckin lame as hell. jagger constantly proving he’s one of the worst to ever do it

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/11/27/22-year-old-olympic-skateboarder-jagger-eaton-owns-3-houses-but-still-rents.html

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 56
« Reply #11249 on: November 27, 2023, 02:35:47 PM »
this isn’t an instagram post, but it’s fuckin lame as hell. jagger constantly proving he’s one of the worst to ever do it

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/11/27/22-year-old-olympic-skateboarder-jagger-eaton-owns-3-houses-but-still-rents.html

idk man, Natas also invested in real estate