Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1401556 times)

Gbeerme and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

cricketclub

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #2430 on: January 27, 2020, 08:43:11 AM »
Y'all need to chill there is nothing wrong with Atiba mourning the death of Kobe and Gianna Bryant. It was an absolute tragedy and it's in bad taste to use this opportunity to criticize him. I knew they were at the very least acquaintances and that he was a huge Kobe/ Lakers fan long ago.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 08:46:14 AM by cricketclub »
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2431 on: January 27, 2020, 12:00:23 PM »
I don't mind the photos he chose to use, but that caption "thank you for always asking how me and my brother are doing" reeks of dude being like yeah Kobe knew me and talked to ME. 

Rohn_mob_joore

• Rep: -24
« Reply #2432 on: January 27, 2020, 12:33:02 PM »
Posting a picture with Kobe isn’t exploiting for personal gain, it’s not like he’s trying to sell merch. Anyone that follows Atiba know he shoots pro basketball players. It’s cool to know Kobe was down to earth enough to ask about his family, may have been flexing %1 but who gives a fuck. Y’all trippin like Tommy Sandoval finding a bubble gum wrapper on the ground.

Kylo Send

« Reply #2433 on: January 27, 2020, 12:49:03 PM »
I don't mind the photos he chose to use, but that caption "thank you for always asking how me and my brother are doing" says a lot about how nice Kobe Bryant was.

Fixed that for your judgemental ass.

Are some of you not skate nerds? Trying to say Atiba and Ako are like James Kelch or Ricky Oyola? Or disgruntled Pops and Puleo? 😂

They're some of the nicest guys...you can easily run into them at some random bar in LA and no where near some douchey place Biebel would be, and they would be friendly to you. Talk about your guys imagination getting the best of you, and getting mad over nothing.

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #2434 on: January 27, 2020, 12:57:43 PM »
I don't mind the photos he chose to use, but that caption "thank you for always asking how me and my brother are doing" reeks of dude being like yeah Kobe knew me and talked to ME.

People really appreciate when you ask them how their loved ones are doing. It shows that the person isn't completely self absorbed.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #2435 on: January 27, 2020, 01:26:58 PM »
fair enough, you guys are right, i may have over-interpreted that one.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #2436 on: January 27, 2020, 02:18:28 PM »
im not saying Atiba is making accounts to defend himself, but its kinda suspicious that the 3 people defending him all have less than 100 posts.

yougotcherjager

• Rep: -9
« Reply #2437 on: January 27, 2020, 02:33:37 PM »
I thought the same thing. I can't stand Atiba....

I feel like he is everywhere.... his whole life is just bragging about what musicians, athletes, actors he is friends with... I am so sick of seeing him in everyones stories and tagged in everything.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #2438 on: January 27, 2020, 02:41:46 PM »
Clips of atiba skating ruined boys of summer.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #2439 on: January 27, 2020, 02:56:12 PM »
Atiba refuses to wait in line,and will cut to the front at premieres,chipotle, the post office and fuck knows where else.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1276
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2440 on: January 27, 2020, 03:10:49 PM »
Did you ever hear the story of Atiba Jefferson the photographer? I thought not. It's not a story Instagram would tell you. It's a Slap legend. Atiba Jefferson was a skate photographer so powerful and connected he could use his clout to cut to the front of lines. He had such a knowledge of the influencer sphere that he could even form the line directly behind him. Photography is a pathway to to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful the only thing he was afraid of was losing his clout, which eventually of course he did. Unfortunately he taught his brother everything he knew and his brother deleted every photo he ever took. It's ironic he could save others from obscurity but not himself.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #2441 on: January 27, 2020, 04:04:30 PM »
9/11 was a national tragedy

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #2442 on: January 27, 2020, 04:31:10 PM »
BA can do no wrong and I'd wear the shit out of that aftershave

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2443 on: January 27, 2020, 04:55:00 PM »
Did you ever hear the story of Atiba Jefferson the photographer? I thought not. It's not a story Instagram would tell you. It's a Slap legend. Atiba Jefferson was a skate photographer so powerful and connected he could use his clout to cut to the front of lines. He had such a knowledge of the influencer sphere that he could even form the line directly behind him. Photography is a pathway to to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful the only thing he was afraid of was losing his clout, which eventually of course he did. Unfortunately he taught his brother everything he knew and his brother deleted every photo he ever took. It's ironic he could save others from obscurity but not himself.

I love democracy.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #2444 on: January 27, 2020, 05:05:43 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7OXaAiJD60/
Lol. A sneak peek into the thrilling life of a successfully semi-retired pro skater

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #2445 on: January 27, 2020, 05:09:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I love democracy.
Fuck,wow, mind BLOWN. Thank you.

This whole time I thought it was because he was in a Supreme sweat suit

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

fongool

• Rep: 94
« Reply #2446 on: January 27, 2020, 06:59:14 PM »
I feel like he is everywhere.... his whole life is just bragging about what musicians, athletes, actors he is friends with... I am so sick of seeing him in everyones stories and tagged in everything.

the Jeffersons are actually quadruplets with 3 of the 4 going by the name 'Atiba' in order to perpetuate his image of being the guy at every party

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2447 on: January 28, 2020, 04:07:05 AM »
Lol. A sneak peek into the thrilling life of a successfully semi-retired pro skater

Wonder if he would do it if there was no instagram

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #2448 on: January 28, 2020, 05:57:40 AM »

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #2450 on: January 28, 2020, 08:47:21 AM »
Chipotle used to (if not still) get their cheese made through prison slavery. That or Whole Foods, but probably both. Neen sucks.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #2451 on: January 28, 2020, 01:12:53 PM »

Kinda wanna try this though

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #2452 on: January 28, 2020, 01:53:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah I ain't mad about this one. Beats entrepreneurial motivational quotes or a lot of other shit.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1276
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2453 on: January 28, 2020, 02:04:57 PM »
^That post got me to lurk BA's insta which I hadn't done in a while. Anybody notice he's riding Aces now too? Is this news? I don't even know anymore. NHS must've really fucked up.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #2454 on: January 28, 2020, 02:09:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah I ain't mad about this one. Beats entrepreneurial motivational quotes or a lot of other shit.
100%. This ain't lame, I think I'm actually gonna try this.
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #2455 on: January 28, 2020, 02:26:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

This is cool but just have to wonder what he uses the cactus for in his aftershave?

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #2456 on: January 28, 2020, 03:03:18 PM »
I remember the day I unfollowed Neen, I literally yelled out loud "is this what skateboarding is now ? Cooking videos ??"

def the woat when it comes to instagram posts.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #2457 on: January 28, 2020, 03:09:01 PM »
I remember the day I unfollowed Neen, I literally yelled out loud "is this what skateboarding is now ? Cooking videos ??"

def the woat when it comes to instagram posts.

I don't really see the issue with this, because some pros are interesting or likable enough to keep following even after they've slowed down from skating, but for some other pros it's just not the same case as harsh as it sounds. I've unfollowed Bastien Salabanzi recently just because I'm not interested in seeing a bunch of posts about how much of a musician he is.

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2458 on: January 28, 2020, 03:36:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

This is cool but just have to wonder what he uses the cactus for in his aftershave?

What’s your opinion on that thumb in the last pic GAY?

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #2459 on: January 28, 2020, 03:38:58 PM »
^That post got me to lurk BA's insta which I hadn't done in a while. Anybody notice he's riding Aces now too? Is this news? I don't even know anymore. NHS must've really fucked up.

I really hope the story of what’s happening at Indy surfaces soon.