Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1485886 times)

cornman (+ 1 Hidden) and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #5370 on: February 02, 2021, 06:55:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jeremy Wray selling single shoes in size 5 for $100 on his IG making me wonder even is online garage sales anyway.
[close]

His insta makes me feel weird - how has such a powerful skater been reduced to silly trick-tips?

Dude was one of my favorites growing up.
[close]

something about him is just a little off.  i can't put my finger on it, but it makes me sad for some reason
[close]

He reminds me a lot of one of my best friends who is an insane skater but also a bit of a square. Like he’s down to trespass for spots and light shit up but is scared to go to Burnside because “we could get stabbed”. Lovable family man type.
[close]

Watching some industry guys do a IG live viewing of One Step Beyond and they did not have great things to say about him.  One was Skate Talk Bob who I know very little about, so I don’t know if that compromises the opinion
[close]

jeremy wray > 99% of image driven pro skaters > 99% of image driven hipsters with no actual accomplishments > skate talk bob
[close]

True true but as I’ve learned, sometimes when someone like Jeremy Wray isn’t as hooked up or as honored as their legacy should imply and then you hear people who are at least part of or associated with the industry say he’s not a great dude...it seems credible at least
[close]

Why though ? What have you heard saying he's a bad guy ?

I've only heard the contrary
[close]

Bad might be a bit strong.  Chad Fernandez probably isn’t a bad guy, but people likely thinks he just sucks (not as a talent thing).  It was a vibe like that.  Also, please don’t make me defend or remember specifics of an after midnight IG live video from last may.  They weren’t stoked on him and i remember thinking that must be why he’s never gotten the shine he deserved or continues to deserve
[close]

Honestly, this is kinda weak sauce. Your comparing Chad Fernandez to Jeremy Wray, you can’t remember any specifics of who said what, except that wknd groupie (and notorious turd/troll) skatebob was involved, and this somehow adds up to “that must be why he’s never gotten the shine he deserved or continues to deserve”, “not a great dude”, “it seems credible at least”. All from an after midnight IG live video 8 months ago. Ok.
[close]

Ffs your reading comprehension is a bit shit isn’t it?  Someone originally mentioned that something felt off about Wray.  I then related an experience I had on IG Live where Skate Talk Bob and Grant Yansura were watching One Step Beyond and didn’t have great things to say about Wray. 

This isn’t some fucking exposé here, just anecdotally heard that he may be kinda lame as a person, not a bad person like KA, but a lame person like Chad Fernandez, as in someone who people in the skate industry don’t go out of their way to associate with or mention favorably, if at all.   For someone of Wrays caliber and geographical proximity to the industry, his relative anonymity feels weird.

The veracity of the story I left up for people to make their own decisions.  I’m not a journalist, I didn’t get it sourced.  Just relating an innocuous story from like 9 months ago.  I’ll take copious notes next time, Nicki

Do you know if that live stream is saved anywhere? Actually sounds like kind of a fun watch.

Wray is a legend and I grew up a huge fan, but I'd be lying if I said his internet presence didn't give me a weird vibe about him. He talks about himself in 3rd person and makes Instagram posts about a bunch of pro accomplishments he can't achieve because nobody will film him? In California? That is remarkably hard to believe unless he really burned some bridges behind the scenes. (which I don't necessarily believe he did. He doesn't seem like a bad guy, but after following him on IG for awhile, it's not too surprising that he's not getting the same treatment as some other legends out there.)

SatanicPanic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #5371 on: February 02, 2021, 08:02:16 AM »
I thought Wray’s original story of “my career died because I got on Element” seemed to check out.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -764
« Reply #5372 on: February 02, 2021, 08:06:31 AM »
This bullshit sums up slap perfectly.

Doofus detectives coming to the conclusion that JW is a bad person because he doesn't seem to be in the industry anymore (according to their instagram research) and that fact he can't find anyone to film.

It's actually laughable...
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1231
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5373 on: February 02, 2021, 08:24:44 AM »

Doofus detectives coming to the conclusion that JW is a bad person because he doesn't seem to be in the industry anymore (according to their instagram research) and that fact he can't find anyone to film.

This bullshit sums up goofy fucks who post on slap perfectly.

Doofus shitty poster can't read and comes to conclusion that slap thinks JW is a bad person because he can't differentiate "there has to be some reason he isnt involved in the industry" (according to the things JW constantly has talked about and posted about essentially since leaving Element) vs "we have officially declared JW as a bad person and perhaps a dog killer?" and the fact that he claims he can't find a single filmer in California who would want to film with an objectively iconic skateboarder

It's actually laughable....
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5374 on: February 02, 2021, 08:25:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Doofus shitty poster can't read and comes to conclusion that slap thinks JW is a bad person because he can't differentiate "there has to be some reason he isnt involved in the industry" (according to the things JW constantly has talked about and posted about essentially since leaving Element) vs "we have officially declared JW as a bad person and perhaps a dog killer?" and the fact that he claims he can't find a single filmer in California who would want to film with an objectively iconic skateboarder

Jesus christ listen to yourself 🤣

slappies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5375 on: February 02, 2021, 08:26:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Nah

Actually, yah.

Your move motherfucker.

**Nice edit, but I still gotcha with the lazy "nah" post you had 8)
I refuse to be further trolled by allowing you to try to pull one over on me.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5376 on: February 02, 2021, 08:31:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Nah
[close]

Actually, yah.

Your move motherfucker.

What move ?

People have said that he's "probably not a great dude" based on the (pathetic) evidence it's "credible at least"

What more do you want me to say ?

slappies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5377 on: February 02, 2021, 08:33:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Nah
[close]

Actually, yah.

Your move motherfucker.

[close]

What move ?

People have said that he's "probably not a great dude" based on the (pathetic) evidence it's "credible at least"

This post says more than enough.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5378 on: February 02, 2021, 08:34:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Nah
[close]

Actually, yah.

Your move motherfucker.

[close]

What move ?

[close]

Lol your a very snarky person

Which speaks to your negative outlook.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5379 on: February 02, 2021, 08:40:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Nah
[close]

Actually, yah.

Your move motherfucker.

[close]

What move ?

[close]

[close]

To be fair your arguments don't really warrant patience. They're actually quite dumb and short sighted if you take a moment to read the text being presented to you.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5380 on: February 02, 2021, 08:44:16 AM »
Quote from: pizzafliptofakie link=notopic=101245.msg3493455#msg3493455 date=1612284046
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Nah
[close]

Actually, yah.

Your move motherfucker.

[close]

What move ?

[close]

[close]

[close]

To be fair your arguments don't really warrant patience. They're actually quite dumb and short sighted if you take a moment to read the text being presented to you.

Ok well I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Speculating someone is a shitty person because they don't seem to have a industry presence and can't find someone to film with them.

Just seems silly and childish.

Maybe it's a cultural thing between where we live but to me it's ludacris.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5381 on: February 02, 2021, 08:48:48 AM »
Quote from: pizzafliptofakie link=notopic=101245.msg3493455#msg3493455 date=1612284046
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Nah
[close]

Actually, yah.

Your move motherfucker.

[close]

What move ?

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Speculating someone is a shitty person because they don't seem to have a industry presence and can't find someone to film with them.

Who is speculating that he's a shitty person? The only cultural matter here is if there were a literal language barrier between the posts you are responding to.

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 59
« Reply #5382 on: February 02, 2021, 08:51:58 AM »
Jeremy Wray definitely turned into an uncle Rico, but uncle Rico is way cooler than anyone on wknd. That whole company is never going to wash off the stain of Johans crusty herpes discharge.

Boring lame white guys>fake nice artsy white guys who spread stds and cry about the consequences
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you

slappies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5383 on: February 02, 2021, 08:52:20 AM »
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5384 on: February 02, 2021, 08:53:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Nah
[close]

Actually, yah.

Your move motherfucker.

[close]

What move ?

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Who is speculating that he's a shitty person? The only cultural matter here is if there were a literal language barrier between the posts you are responding to.

“not a great dude”, “it seems credible at least”.

What does "not a great dude" mean

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2325
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5385 on: February 02, 2021, 09:02:03 AM »
Change the title of this thread to Lame Slap Posts By People On Slap.

Shut up you guys. Neither of you are going to convince the other they're wrong. So just go find some Joslin funnies and we can keep enjoying ourselves.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5386 on: February 02, 2021, 09:03:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Nah
[close]

Actually, yah.

Your move motherfucker.

[close]

What move ?

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

In context to his professionalism and relation to the industry, it can mean a lot of things. It's a pretty big leap to assume that saying someone's not great means they're a downright shitty person, and it appears that every participant but you gets the nuance of that. Maybe the people in that stream really did mean that he was an actual shitty guy. Either way you're shooting the messenger and nobody else is being unreasonable here.

conqueso

« Reply #5387 on: February 02, 2021, 09:04:17 AM »
we only been waiting like 3 years for the covers and video part jwray promised us on the nine club. what a great guy.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5388 on: February 02, 2021, 09:06:31 AM »
Lol “I’m not saying he’s a bad guy but no one wants to work or film him even though he was a top pro. How dare you suggest I am suggesting he is a bad guy!”

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5389 on: February 02, 2021, 09:09:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Nah
[close]

Actually, yah.

Your move motherfucker.

[close]

What move ?

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

In context to his professionalism and relation to the industry, it can mean a lot of things. It's a pretty big leap to assume that saying someone's not great means they're a downright shitty person, and it appears that every participant but you gets the nuance of that. Maybe the people in that stream really did mean that he was an actual shitty guy. Either way you're shooting the messenger and nobody else is being unreasonable here.

Man it did not seem like it was in context to his professionalism.

And I'm not the only one that read it that way.

But... Yes your right maybe it was meant in that way by some people. Sure. It didn't come off that way to me anyway

And I don't need to be insulted by others about my reading comprehension.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5390 on: February 02, 2021, 09:17:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Nah
[close]

Actually, yah.

Your move motherfucker.

[close]

What move ?

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

But... Yes your right maybe it was meant in that way by some people. Sure. It didn't come off that way to me anyway

The conversation is about why he is no longer a professional. What the fuck else would it mean?

And it seems the spark of the conversation was you insulting people trying to explain an anecdote to you so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5391 on: February 02, 2021, 09:21:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Nah
[close]

Actually, yah.

Your move motherfucker.

[close]

What move ?

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The conversation is about why he is no longer a professional. What the fuck else would it mean?

And it seems the spark of the conversation was you insulting people trying to explain an anecdote to you so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #5392 on: February 02, 2021, 01:59:50 PM »
9/11 was a national tragedy

cky enthusiast

« Reply #5393 on: February 02, 2021, 02:28:24 PM »
zaddy

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #5394 on: February 02, 2021, 02:30:16 PM »

Man. And that’s the guy who invented the Fakie 360.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 287
« Reply #5395 on: February 02, 2021, 02:31:05 PM »

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5396 on: February 02, 2021, 02:33:46 PM »
That must have been meant for his Tinder profile

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2301
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5397 on: February 02, 2021, 02:34:47 PM »
Cab of fit drips

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 59
« Reply #5398 on: February 02, 2021, 02:46:33 PM »
Hey Cab, blink twice and touch your flat brim if you’re doing this against your will.
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
« Reply #5399 on: February 02, 2021, 02:47:57 PM »
He answers to every single comment and it's hilarious