Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1430237 times)

2fakie and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Alan

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2549
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #6780 on: September 19, 2021, 08:53:33 AM »
Love to get my medical/health advice from high school dropout manchildren.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #6781 on: September 19, 2021, 09:39:42 AM »
Oh god I think it’s time I dip out of this thread for good and continue being blissfully ignorant of my rock-dumb fuck childhood hero’s.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #6782 on: September 19, 2021, 10:12:17 AM »
Of course these 2..

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -41
« Reply #6783 on: September 19, 2021, 10:20:25 AM »

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6784 on: September 19, 2021, 11:03:07 AM »
If we needed additional reasons to think Soletech can fuck off...well...

dilbert1

• Rep: 139
« Reply #6785 on: September 19, 2021, 11:28:34 AM »
Yeah. I don’t hear people asking questions. I see straight up lies. I agree that we’re talking about two notoriously corrupt entities, but that doesn’t mean the people who made fake videos of themselves shaking from the vaccine and right wing grifters who have turned Covid remediation efforts into a political stance are right. They’re worse than the people pushing the vaccine. They’re whole motivation is some weird anti-science/anti-social shit. They fake evidence to trick other people with absolutely nothing but a larger fan base  to gain. They’ll eventually bilk those people out of money somehow, but at a REALLY high cost to literally the whole world.

And even if they are true believers, their whole premise is flawed. They say Covid is a tool to control society (to what end, they can’t explain). But I was unemployed for a year because of Covid and I can tell you: I was never more free to do whatever I wanted than when I was getting paid not to work. Some places were closed, sure, but that’s just material shit I don’t care about anyway. I did whatever I wanted for a year. I was as uncontrolled as I’ve ever been. Maybe my goals don’t involve wasting money on shit that doesn’t matter so we’re just from two different worlds. But other than occasionally getting tired of cooking every meal and not seeing live music, I had fucking zero complaints. I was with my family all the time. Had a small group of friends (who were also careful about masks and shit) that I hung out with. I would rather do that than slave away at my job for all that time. And I actually like my job a lot.

So fuck these dudes. Don’t get the shot. Whatever. But stop trying to convince everybody else you’re not an idiot.

^^^^^^

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #6786 on: September 19, 2021, 11:31:33 AM »
Congrats Don Brown for writing the dumbest thing I’ve ever read, and I’m on Slap at least 5 times a day.

Even weirder that Richard Mulder liked this comment.

Extra bummed to see Don’s comment. My friend runs a shop and was literally filling out a dealer app for Sole Tech when he saw that. Needless to say they decided against carrying sole tech. Dudes out here losing business cause they just had to let everyone know they’re idiots.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 12:22:38 PM by BugleBites »

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #6787 on: September 19, 2021, 11:35:22 AM »
In the Dave Mayhew nine club interview he talks about riding for sole tech and not getting paid even after hitting up Don.  He quits then goes to Osiris and ironically makes a ton of money.  Karma Don karma

noninjasinstreetfighter

• Rep: 19
« Reply #6788 on: September 19, 2021, 12:04:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Man, that Kareem post is another bummer. I didn't realize Don Brown was also a covidiot. Fuck.

Edit: I think it's about time someone with a better memory than me does the skate world/Slap a favor and creates a thread that's literally a list of all the pro's who who have outed themselves as anti-vaxxers, abusers, conspiracy theorists, maga dorks and anything else worthy of a good shaming. I'm serious. It would be a great resource for all of us who aren't idiots and would prefer NOT to support those who actively make the world a worse place to live in. Lets see it!
[close]

You can add Rowley to your list:

[close]

I think Rowley is a secret churchy. During lockdown I was bored and watched all the old sls comps. There's a few times when prod is talking to his hat Rowley says something like"just saying a quick prayer to our Lord that's beautiful to see" and sounds fairly sincere. Not that being religious itself is a problem but seems to be religious people lean more towards the covid is bullshit side

Shit, people change, but it’s funny how he mocked religion in Really Sorry and was vegan to now hunting animals and apparently giving major shoutouts to our Lord.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #6789 on: September 19, 2021, 12:19:19 PM »
I’ve met people who’ve worn Soletech and their reaction triggered COVID…one person who got some brown Accels from his wife had a stroke and heart attack. For me iz crazy like. Keep safe. ❤️ 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 01:16:20 PM by Cuban_Lynx »

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #6790 on: September 19, 2021, 01:22:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I’ve met people who’ve worn Soletech and their reaction triggered COVID…one person who got some brown Accels from his wife had a stroke and heart attack. For me iz crazy like. Keep safe. ❤️
I got the Accels, because it’s a requirement for employment at my work, but how long will it be until the governments jack-booted thugs March into our houses & force us ALL to wear Accels? It’s a slippery slope for the true patriots.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #6791 on: September 19, 2021, 01:43:09 PM »
You'd think after Mark Waters passed from COVID-19 that industry pros would be taking the pandemic and vaccinations more seriously
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2549
« Reply #6792 on: September 19, 2021, 01:45:47 PM »
You mean black heart emojis aren't enough?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #6793 on: September 19, 2021, 01:46:27 PM »
You'd think after Mark Waters passed from COVID-19 that industry pros would be taking the pandemic and vaccinations more seriously
Well spoken sir, respect

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #6794 on: September 19, 2021, 01:50:19 PM »
Of course these 2..

For a second I thought Mikey was the voice of reason. Crisis averted. He’s still an idiot.

noninjasinstreetfighter

• Rep: 19
« Reply #6795 on: September 19, 2021, 02:02:01 PM »

They probably think he had underlying conditions and or was unhealthy. If that was the case, shouldn’t we be looking out for these people? Shouldn’t we be looking out for everyone?

I can’t imagine Mark Waters peers would tell his wife and kids that covid is fake to their faces.

Pretty Serious

« Reply #6796 on: September 19, 2021, 02:43:16 PM »

You'd think after (insert dead skaters name) passed from OVERDOSING that industry pros would be taking the opioid pandemic more seriously

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #6797 on: September 19, 2021, 09:31:02 PM »
This pandemic is never ending huh?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #6798 on: September 20, 2021, 04:05:44 AM »
Not a pro, but this grip tape company is going hard.
I still don’t quite understand how wearing a mask creates ‘slaves’, that kind of messy logic (which I guess isn’t logic at all) seems so emotionally driven.

I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #6799 on: September 20, 2021, 04:09:55 AM »
I still don’t quite understand how wearing a mask creates ‘slaves’, that kind of messy logic (which I guess isn’t logic at all) seems so emotionally driven.

This griptape company used to go hard in here, too.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #6800 on: September 20, 2021, 04:17:07 AM »

goeatsomefriedbread

• Rep: 268
« Reply #6801 on: September 20, 2021, 04:17:15 AM »
Arguing with anti-vax people is basically like opening up a can of 5G infused worm oil for Lady Gaga to ingest at the next grand feast

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 984
« Reply #6802 on: September 20, 2021, 04:23:20 AM »
ugh just wear a mask to block palantir from facial recognitioning you at least then

douchenozzle

• Rep: 32
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #6803 on: September 20, 2021, 04:26:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Congrats Don Brown for writing the dumbest thing I’ve ever read, and I’m on Slap at least 5 times a day.

[close]
this tweet reads like an Onion article.

Lol.... Wow

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -70
« Reply #6804 on: September 20, 2021, 05:05:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Man, that Kareem post is another bummer. I didn't realize Don Brown was also a covidiot. Fuck.

Edit: I think it's about time someone with a better memory than me does the skate world/Slap a favor and creates a thread that's literally a list of all the pro's who who have outed themselves as anti-vaxxers, abusers, conspiracy theorists, maga dorks and anything else worthy of a good shaming. I'm serious. It would be a great resource for all of us who aren't idiots and would prefer NOT to support those who actively make the world a worse place to live in. Lets see it!
[close]

[close]

I think Rowley is a secret churchy. During lockdown I was bored and watched all the old sls comps. There's a few times when prod is talking to his hat Rowley says something like"just saying a quick prayer to our Lord that's beautiful to see" and sounds fairly sincere. Not that being religious itself is a problem but seems to be religious people lean more towards the covid is bullshit side

Where im from the majority of unvaccinated are between the ages of 20 and 35.  They are also saying that faith and religious establishmenta are at a 90 percent vaccination rate.   That's just my part of the world, but I was surprised to hear that.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #6805 on: September 20, 2021, 06:01:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This griptape company used to go hard in here, too.

People just feel a certain way and refuse to change. Obviously a mask will help even if it's only minimally, it's something.
 I used to work with some old guy who refused to wear safety boots. His reasoning was if he drops something really heavy it will crush the steel and cut his toes off. Obvious point is anything heavy enough to crush your boot will still destroy your foot but it will protect you from the other 99.9999% when you drop something on your foot.
Anyway I'm rambling but point is dickheads just want to get their way even if it's wrong and stupid.

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -95
« Reply #6806 on: September 20, 2021, 06:31:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Where im from the majority of unvaccinated are between the ages of 20 and 35.  They are also saying that faith and religious establishmenta are at a 90 percent vaccination rate.   That's just my part of the world, but I was surprised to hear that.
In America the vast majority of "Christian" religious leaders are just mouth pieces for the Republican party with sermons full of misinformation. Helps keep there echo chamber tightly sealed.

Really sucks about all these skaters saying ignorant shit but I'm not surprised, these are high school drop outs who haven't spent any time developing critical thinking skills. Similar to what we've seen from professional athletes/entertainers; which is why we shouldn't be hero-ifying these types of people. Just because a person has an admirable amount of talent in one discipline definitely doesn't make them an admirable person.

I agree that it was better before social media when we didn't know or care what our favorite skaters thought about politics or science but what really bums me out is that these guys offer up this kind of stupidity without any encouragement or provocation; like just because they have a small amount of fame and an opinion they've borrowed from Facebook they have to now share it with everyone. No one's making them post this shit, and if they had any sense they'd realize the many reasons not to. Unforced errors man.

Someone oughtta tell Don Brown that only "tough guys" can get the "shots" and he'll probably jump at the chance. Dude's such a lush man-baby. He was barely tolerable as the semi-cringey cornball uncle type but now that he's gone full blown alt-right uncle fuck him.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 06:52:57 AM by Mariatorresflores »

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
« Reply #6807 on: September 20, 2021, 06:41:24 AM »
The same guy that swears a little hologram in his grip tape gives you superpowers also doesn't believe in fact-driven science. How surprising.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #6808 on: September 20, 2021, 06:52:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You'd think after (insert dead skaters name) passed from OVERDOSING that industry pros would be taking the opioid pandemic more seriously

Yeah but it’s not like people are denying the existence of opiates, or claiming that any practical measures to prevent more people from overdosing is some sort of sinister plot by a tyrannical government. This is way fucking weirder and more corrosive to society.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #6809 on: September 20, 2021, 07:38:46 AM »
You mean black heart emojis aren't enough?