Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1487238 times)

Tarquin and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

vhsfisheye

Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #7590 on: December 29, 2021, 07:14:58 PM »

Love Alex but now I’m getting ads for his hippie bullshit on my insta

Uh Oh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 375
« Reply #7591 on: December 29, 2021, 07:20:35 PM »

Breathe out the negativity, breathe in aligned advertisement

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #7592 on: December 30, 2021, 02:24:00 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CYFf5vQhb8c

I doubt he got a permit to shoot at the Grove or wherever the fuck he is, so he wears the headphones and just lip synchs along to the track to make sure some dad doesn't complain about him singing about having sex with Mrs. Claus to security. Which is kinda funny.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 02:31:27 PM by EdLawndale »
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 122
« Reply #7593 on: December 30, 2021, 03:08:43 PM »
Am I the only one on Slap that finds AO insufferable. The dude is like constantly too cool for school, that dude that shows up at a party and doesn’t talk to anyone, or the dude that thinks everything is lame and shits on everything.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 375
« Reply #7594 on: December 30, 2021, 06:00:10 PM »
Am I the only one on Slap that finds AO insufferable. The dude is like constantly too cool for school, that dude that shows up at a party and doesn’t talk to anyone, or the dude that thinks everything is lame and shits on everything.

This is exactly what Alex Olson would post on SLAP.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7595 on: December 30, 2021, 07:36:20 PM »

Yeah I’m right there with you. I dislike everything about him except a couple of his clips in Fully Flared. Don’t get the hype.

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #7596 on: December 30, 2021, 11:30:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Breathe out the negativity, breathe in aligned advertisement

Haha, accurate!

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 297
« Reply #7597 on: December 31, 2021, 08:39:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is exactly what Alex Olson would post on SLAP.
This is exactly what Steve Olson would post on SLAP. (Sorry OP/Alex.)

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
« Reply #7598 on: December 31, 2021, 11:13:06 AM »
not to be the resident suciu hater or the morality police

but this clip n ad really rubbed me the wrong way

firstly seems mad out of character for him to want this sorta photo, almost feels staged

but if its real, lady on the top step appears to be going through something rough and seems kinda wack to wanna use that in an ad

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #7599 on: December 31, 2021, 12:22:36 PM »
My first thought was that everyone co-existed peacefully in that spot.   Photo alone wouldn’t really have given context to the woman rocking back and forth and some dude chilling on his walker.    It does feel gross, but getting them to move would have been grosser

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #7600 on: December 31, 2021, 12:45:49 PM »
Lots of pros have footage OVER homeless people. Kader had a clip where he ollied over a random onlooker that wasn't homeless.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7601 on: December 31, 2021, 01:15:09 PM »
Lots of pros have footage OVER homeless people. Kader had a clip where he ollied over a random onlooker that wasn't homeless.

Not to mention it being a level challenge for how many Tony Hawk Pro Skater games?

dannyprovolone

« Reply #7602 on: December 31, 2021, 01:22:21 PM »
It appears to be a behind the scenes look at his gentrifying process. Honestly I am disgusted.

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -94
« Reply #7603 on: December 31, 2021, 01:37:04 PM »
not to be the resident suciu hater or the morality police

but this clip n ad really rubbed me the wrong way

firstly seems mad out of character for him to want this sorta photo, almost feels staged

but if its real, lady on the top step appears to be going through something rough and seems kinda wack to wanna use that in an ad

TunnelVision1

• Rep: -76
  • Kingofhellfarts
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7604 on: December 31, 2021, 01:41:55 PM »
It's ok to laugh and ignore the suffering of other people as long as you film it.
At least my dad thinks so.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7605 on: December 31, 2021, 01:46:30 PM »
It's ok to laugh and ignore the suffering of other people as long as you film it.

When did we start taking about Beagle?

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 541
« Reply #7606 on: December 31, 2021, 01:54:03 PM »
SociopathOTY

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
« Reply #7607 on: December 31, 2021, 01:57:46 PM »
This just popped up on my insta. His caption really set me off.

image uploader free

Fuck this guy, is he just trying to tick all the "real street skater" boxes? This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

TunnelVision1

• Kingofhellfarts
« Reply #7608 on: December 31, 2021, 01:59:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

beagle seems like a good guy but some of the homelss explotation is his videos is disgusting and regular.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
« Reply #7609 on: December 31, 2021, 02:02:15 PM »
My first thought was that everyone co-existed peacefully in that spot.   Photo alone wouldn’t really have given context to the woman rocking back and forth and some dude chilling on his walker.    It does feel gross, but getting them to move would have been grosser
You politely ask them to move. If they don't want to, you come back later. He's not entitled to use the rail. If he had hit either of them with his board, is he going to take care of ongoing medical treatment? Mark's a fucking dickhead for this.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7610 on: December 31, 2021, 02:16:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
beagle seems like a good guy but some of the homelss explotation is his videos is disgusting and regular.

Like using “regular” as a pejorative  in 2021

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7611 on: December 31, 2021, 02:19:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You politely ask them to move. If they don't want to, you come back later. He's not entitled to use the rail. If he had hit either of them with his board, is he going to take care of ongoing medical treatment? Mark's a fucking dickhead for this.

I guess.   I don’t know the convo he had with the guy in the wheel chair about it and as a pro skater he’s probably pretty used to skating with people beneath him on handrails.   Im not saying he handled it well, im saying for a pro skater he handled it better than others have shown in other situations.   

Logic

• Rep: 36
« Reply #7612 on: December 31, 2021, 02:25:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Two possibilities I see here -

1. They wanted the homeless people in the picture to add to the aesthetic, as it is a rather crusty photo even without them.

2. Mark asked them to move and they refused, so he grudgingly opted to do a trick that posed very minimal risk to them.

SharkJohnson

• Rep: -92
  • i am a shark penis
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #7613 on: December 31, 2021, 02:32:32 PM »
its called skating in a big city. people in that condition are everywhere and after a while you become desensitized so he prob didnt think much of it

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7614 on: December 31, 2021, 02:48:16 PM »
seems obviously staged to me. not saying they aren’t homeless or that she’s not having a rough time, it is an adidas ad though so maybe they offered them some money to stay in the photo. it’s a back noseblunt on an 8 rail.. the dude was kickflipping into that 15 years ago. it’s not groundbreaking by any means for him or anyone, it’s obviously for the aesthetic in my eyes. i agree it’s distasteful and lame, i hate when people shoot the homeless or misfortunate. it would be different if one of them were laying in the corner or something without their face being seen or if it were a trick in an alley with a homeless guy in the background that was stoked or something. not center focus of the photo just right in their face, that’s tacky.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7615 on: December 31, 2021, 03:03:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Two possibilities I see here -

1. They wanted the homeless people in the picture to add to the aesthetic, as it is a rather crusty photo even without them.

2. Mark asked them to move and they refused, so he grudgingly opted to do a trick that posed very minimal risk to them.

in the actual ad they are on the very edge of the frame and just look like bystanders.   If the BTS video wasn’t available I wouldn’t have known anything about those people).   

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
« Reply #7616 on: December 31, 2021, 03:26:03 PM »
Lol some of y’all really just wanna tear Mark down for the most benign shit. How are these people being abused?? And lol at the conspiracy that they are somehow plants paid by Adidas. If people ain’t gonna move they ain’t gonna move. So they’re in the photo who the fuck cares? The trick Mark is trying poses zero risk to them. Skating in a big city comes with interacting with the homeless. Beagle/GX/Sabotage dudes have been 100x worse in regards to filming the homeless but people gush over that shit.

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #7617 on: December 31, 2021, 03:26:42 PM »
Homeless people existing on film during the spontaneous capture of street skateboarding is not exploiting the homeless.

Major cities pricing everyone out and creating a culture of dependence that does not seek to rehabilitate those that could get back on their feet does exploit the homeless.

People complained about it with that Greco Glass Carousel video too, but it’s probably hard to film anything there without any homeless people in your footage, which is a bigger problem than the footage.  itself.

thebacker

« Reply #7618 on: December 31, 2021, 03:27:58 PM »
Homeless people existing on film during the spontaneous capture of street skateboarding is not exploiting the homeless.

Major cities pricing everyone out and creating a culture of dependence that does not seek to rehabilitate those that could get back on their feet does exploit the homeless.

People complained about it with that Greco Glass Carousel video too, but it’s probably hard to film anything there without any homeless people in your footage, which is a bigger problem than the footage.  itself.

TunnelVision1

• Kingofhellfarts
« Reply #7619 on: December 31, 2021, 04:37:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Like using “regular” as a pejorative  in 2021
You can choose to not use the word and that's fine but exploiting homeless people like beagle is a very dumb decision, This youtube channel "tweaker hunters" who bullies and exploits homeless people for a living so people can give them high fives and money is perfect example of how regular these people are, it is the kookiest shit ever and evil.