Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1425292 times)

Idk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #8400 on: July 01, 2022, 07:12:01 AM »

Is he that mad he can’t say that’s gay anymore or call transition tranny?

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #8401 on: July 01, 2022, 07:20:48 AM »
Remember when he was 'done with Instagram' not even like six weeks ago?

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #8402 on: July 01, 2022, 07:22:23 AM »

What a fucking kook.

Edit: it's funny when people say stuff like "this generation is soft". As if they're not. 100 years ago it wasn't uncommon for people to not have running water or electricity in their houses and you'd have to wash your clothes in a basin with a washboard, no washer and dryer. We're all fucking soft.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 07:33:28 AM by blurst_of_times »
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -171
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8403 on: July 01, 2022, 07:35:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was watching that adidas clip the other day of having like girl skaters in the van with all the bros and it just made me think of how much pro skateboarding in the past would have been such a toxic masculinity fueled alt-frat. This is kinda where Dustin is.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • old and in the way
« Reply #8404 on: July 01, 2022, 08:09:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I was watching that adidas clip the other day of having like girl skaters in the van with all the bros and it just made me think of how much pro skateboarding in the past would have been such a toxic masculinity fueled alt-frat. This is kinda where Dustin is.

Dustin seems like the worst dude

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #8405 on: July 01, 2022, 09:14:40 AM »
I'm surprised a guy who has based his entire public persona around his rampant alcoholism doesn't think more about the long term.

Get hungry on it!

tonitonne

« Reply #8406 on: July 01, 2022, 09:17:30 AM »
I'm surprised a guy who has based his entire public persona around his rampant alcoholism doesn't think more about the long term.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #8407 on: July 01, 2022, 09:34:00 AM »
when ppl start posting text blocks like that to ig you know they're gettin old lol

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
« Reply #8408 on: July 01, 2022, 09:41:22 AM »

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #8409 on: July 01, 2022, 12:10:21 PM »
Expand Quote
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CehO8AfjC_y/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

This guy has to have turned into the most irritating skater to listen to. Can you imagine him sitting across from you in a business meeting?

When he got in this accident, I remember his wife (who wasn't there) pretty adamantly saying that it wasn't his fault, but rather that of the person in front of him, despite fault almost always falling upon the person in the rear in an accident in CA.

Looks like they haven't given that approach up, but now he was also looking at the display screen in his car.
[close]
If I understand this correctly, the “brutal story” of how he wrecked his Tessy is that he looked down at the wrong time.
Very brutal, indeed.
Must’ve been a picture of a bag of oats in the car screen, or maybe a sugar cube?
I love that as soon as he takes it out of auto-drive, he wrecks it.  At least Tesla can use his IG posts in their defense case.

It was an enormous carrot

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #8411 on: July 01, 2022, 02:14:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
What a fucking kook.

Edit: it's funny when people say stuff like "this generation is soft". As if they're not. 100 years ago it wasn't uncommon for people to not have running water or electricity in their houses and you'd have to wash your clothes in a basin with a washboard, no washer and dryer. We're all fucking soft.

On the other side people complain that everyone is so rude and mean and hateful nowadays. So I guess the truth is somewhere inbetween

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8412 on: July 01, 2022, 02:28:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
What a fucking kook.

[close]

On the other side people complain that everyone is so rude and mean and hateful nowadays. So I guess the truth is somewhere inbetween

It took a couple readings of this to try and figure out what Dustin was trying to say. (The first two sentences run into each and have no punctuation, which was beyond confusing.)

To some extent I agree with the idea of gate-keeping kooks out of skateboarding, like Craig Lutzka getting kooked out is fine with me, but the definition of kook really matters here.

And, to some extent I disagree, what the hell is the point of being an asshole to everyone else? One of the scenes I was in for a few years made me hate skateboarding. Even though I wasn't ever attacked, the "core" dudes were such assholes to everyone all the time that I was always on edge that I was going to say or do something wrong.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #8413 on: July 01, 2022, 02:40:20 PM »
Craig Lutzka getting kooked out is fine with me
Might have to add this to my signature.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1059
« Reply #8414 on: July 01, 2022, 03:50:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
What a fucking kook.

You know what’s hard as fuck? The Stone Age. We been soft for thousands of years now

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8415 on: July 01, 2022, 03:53:02 PM »
I personally love getting vibed. Just an excuse to act like an asshole right back. Land a trick one of the dickheads is trying right after he bails, make eye contact and don’t say anything, stand in their space with your homie and act like they’re not there, leave your beer next to where they sit and make it a point to come back for a sip every couple minutes it’s great. I love making clique boys feel small.

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -95
« Reply #8416 on: July 01, 2022, 03:57:39 PM »
I personally love getting vibed. Just an excuse to act like an asshole right back. Land a trick one of the dickheads is trying right after he bails, make eye contact and don’t say anything, stand in their space with your homie and act like they’re not there, leave your beer next to where they sit and make it a point to come back for a sip every couple minutes it’s great. I love making clique boys feel small.
Unquestionably the words of an asshole.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1577
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8417 on: July 01, 2022, 05:22:32 PM »
You’re right…it’s not the good ole days….we have middle aged men taking to social media….. it’s not like they cancelled vans Dustin…..feel free to go and rent one….

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 99
« Reply #8418 on: July 01, 2022, 05:51:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Unquestionably the words of an asshole.

nah i fully back this

Spectre

• Rep: -40
« Reply #8419 on: July 01, 2022, 05:56:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
What a fucking kook.

[close]

[close]

It took a couple readings of this to try and figure out what Dustin was trying to say. (The first two sentences run into each and have no punctuation, which was beyond confusing.)

To some extent I agree with the idea of gate-keeping kooks out of skateboarding, like Craig Lutzka getting kooked out is fine with me, but the definition of kook really matters here.

And, to some extent I disagree, what the hell is the point of being an asshole to everyone else? One of the scenes I was in for a few years made me hate skateboarding. Even though I wasn't ever attacked, the "core" dudes were such assholes to everyone all the time that I was always on edge that I was going to say or do something wrong.

Wait why was greg lutzka kooked out? Genuinely curious here besides the fact that he'll take any sponsor?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #8420 on: July 01, 2022, 06:08:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
What a fucking kook.

[close]

[close]

I think Dustin is sad that bullying is considered less acceptable these days.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -218
« Reply #8421 on: July 01, 2022, 06:15:13 PM »

Spectre

« Reply #8422 on: July 01, 2022, 06:49:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

this guy is such a tryhard kook

Foreal man he's never gonna make it with that attitude

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #8423 on: July 01, 2022, 06:58:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CehO8AfjC_y/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

This guy has to have turned into the most irritating skater to listen to. Can you imagine him sitting across from you in a business meeting?

When he got in this accident, I remember his wife (who wasn't there) pretty adamantly saying that it wasn't his fault, but rather that of the person in front of him, despite fault almost always falling upon the person in the rear in an accident in CA.

Looks like they haven't given that approach up, but now he was also looking at the display screen in his car.
[close]
If I understand this correctly, the “brutal story” of how he wrecked his Tessy is that he looked down at the wrong time.
Very brutal, indeed.
Must’ve been a picture of a bag of oats in the car screen, or maybe a sugar cube?
I love that as soon as he takes it out of auto-drive, he wrecks it.  At least Tesla can use his IG posts in their defense case.
[close]

I can't handle this man BUT I have to say, he offers a good run down on how pros get paid in this clip. He really lays it out  and hits most of the key points.

I just wish he could not lean into the camera like that... close talking is not cool.

Maybe Mikey has changed a lot over the years but he always seemed pretty chill and far less worried about some of the things he focuses on in his social media posts. Not saying he’s lame, it’s hard for me to judge someone by their social media posts but they do seem kind of, we’ll, I don’t know, uninteresting to me, not exactly relatable in any way I guess. That’s the nice way of saying it’s not my cup of tea instead just calling it kind of whack..
//////////

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -218
« Reply #8424 on: July 01, 2022, 07:01:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

is fake lifestyle steeze a violation?

JRF

« Reply #8425 on: July 01, 2022, 07:07:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
What a fucking kook.

[close]

I think that there’s always been elements of the same type of personalities, especially in skateboarding, the new generation is not soft compared to the old. It has the same types of personalities. Look at someone like tyshawn jones, that dude would fit in great during any generation of skateboarding past present and probably the future too. Social media just gives people the easy access to make themselves known by a vast amount of people. I guess its up to the individual wether or not they come off as likeable or insufferable
//////////

JRF

« Reply #8426 on: July 01, 2022, 07:11:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
What a fucking kook.

[close]

[close]

I think that there’s always been elements of the same type of personalities, especially in skateboarding, the new generation is not soft compared to the old. It has the same types of personalities. Look at someone like tyshawn jones, that dude would fit in great during any generation of skateboarding past present and probably the future too. Social media just gives people the easy access to make themselves known by a vast amount of people. I guess its up to the individual wether or not they come off as likeable or insufferable

On second thought, I read that IG post again and that was pretty fucking terrible. Plus it might just be me but it didn’t really make much sense either.
//////////

Spectre

« Reply #8427 on: July 01, 2022, 07:24:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

is fake lifestyle steeze a violation?

Most definitely

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8428 on: July 01, 2022, 09:10:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I guess instagram comments count here. This one caught me off guard
[close]

Pulling my bias aside, and taking the birds eye view, Le’Andre Sanders will go down as a force of skate history (fuck even typing that hurt my brain). It is what it is, no one else is doing switch Madonnas and making them look good. Up there with Greyson Fletcher owning the Ollie north.

Kalis ain’t wrong.
[close]

Nah, he won't. Maybe if skate history to you = what steve borra thinks, but otherwise nah, kooks are kooks, that's just the way it is
[close]

Nah dude he's defintely gonna be a legend. Just like Greyson Fletcher!
[close]
lol since when is grayson fletcher a legend

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
« Reply #8429 on: July 02, 2022, 12:03:05 AM »

I'm impressed when someone comes to hang out with the rabble on SLAP, and I don't want to derail the thread too much or turn this into an AMA, but I'm curious...

Looking back, are you glad social media wasn't as big of thing during your years as a pro? Do you think it would have added extra layers and annoying obligations to the job of pro?  Generally, was it nice to have filmers, editors, skate-journalists help craft your persona in skateboarding or did you feel misrepresented? Would you have been ready to own a public image as a young dude coming up in the scene?

Also feel free to ignore these questions as well. I won't be bummed if you ignore them.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?