Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1430429 times)

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #5460 on: February 03, 2021, 09:57:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
yall ever hear the one about when ricky was yelling a bunch of homophobe shit at some australians in the 90s then they beat his ass? then when the cops showed up they arrested him for having started the fight for hitting some kid with a pool stick, and he spent 6 months in jail. forget who he was riding for at the time, i think it might have been zoo, but thats why he got kicked off regardless of him claiming he quit.

dudes skating has always been badass but it seems hes always been an imbecile. free max b
[close]

Didn't he also have a run in at Love for screaming  a bunch of racial slurs when he couldn't land a trick?
[close]

it’s common ish knowledge he used to hit the hard R at love. also took that behavior on tour to EMB and got socked up there.

from what i understand that’s water under the bridge to all people involved so i don’t wanna speak like he’s still out here doing that specific offensive thing- it appears he’s moved on to being grumpy and ignorant about something else any how
[close]
https://chromeballincident.blogspot.com/2013/11/postscript-jovontae-turner.html
Got chased out of EMB by Jovontae and friends.  And Stevie confirmed the Love incidents.  Dude's been a punk.  And sidebar, but South Jersey people that dickride Philly are the worst.
[close]

i know who this is targeting and i think it’s pretty funny
[close]
lol shouts out to ricky commuting from cherry hill to claim love all the way back then.

free max b

Bet Ricky now claims Gloucester, where all the thorough south Jersey white boys come from.

Dark Knight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5461 on: February 03, 2021, 11:09:39 PM »
For the record, I grew up during those times and have uttered the same words but they were never used the way people are making it seem. No one ever said “that’s gay” in a way towards homosexuals.  Shit was “gay” in the same way it is “lame”, sexuality wasn’t even a factor.  Pretty soon saying “lame” will go the same way. Making a mountain out of a molehill, honestly.  I’m black too, so I’m a protected class so I can say whatever haha

Free max b

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #5462 on: February 04, 2021, 12:19:02 AM »
No one ever said “that’s gay” in a way towards homosexuals.  Shit was “gay” in the same way it is “lame”, sexuality wasn’t even a factor. 

əˈblivēəs

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5463 on: February 04, 2021, 02:03:27 AM »
For the record, I grew up during those times and have uttered the same words but they were never used the way people are making it seem. No one ever said “that’s gay” in a way towards homosexuals.  Shit was “gay” in the same way it is “lame”, sexuality wasn’t even a factor.  Pretty soon saying “lame” will go the same way. Making a mountain out of a molehill, honestly.  I’m black too, so I’m a protected class so I can say whatever haha

Free max b

Yeah exactly, and I also think that since it was ran on a public media and not censored puts it a bit into context.

I just think that "putting on blast" people for things like these 20 years later is not a good way of pushing integration, you would be better off showing them in an educational way a la:
 " Hey 10/20 years ago we were allowing this sort of behaviour, from the skaters, to the industry, from the filmers and editors to the media companies. It wasn't directly insulting at the gay community, it was more allowing people to use these terms in a denigratory way". 
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #5464 on: February 04, 2021, 04:10:54 AM »

Free max b
But think about it. If you’re straight and people called shit that was lame “straight” ALL THE TIME, then it would make you think twice before telling people “hey guys I’m straight”. It may even make you feel bad and question yourself.

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #5465 on: February 04, 2021, 04:37:34 AM »
If you have to reason with it or explain it youre wrong. End of story.

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5466 on: February 04, 2021, 04:57:06 AM »
Expand Quote

Free max b
[close]
But think about it. If you’re straight and people called shit that was lame “straight” ALL THE TIME, then it would make you think twice before telling people “hey guys I’m straight”. It may even make you feel bad and question yourself.

To be fair, shaming the majority(talking shit about white or “cishet” people) has become very popular in certain circles for exactly this reason. People are expected to be “good allies” and either pretend not to notice or join in with that stuff to show what their social values are but in the end it doesn’t help and leads to an echo chamber that turns everyone off.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2549
« Reply #5467 on: February 04, 2021, 06:12:56 AM »
That's a terrible argument. Yeah, don't shame the majority because it might make them upset and they'll stop supporting equal rights for minorities. If you're uncomfortable when minorities point out repression or other negative experiences, and you decide it's the minorities fault for you feeling that way, then I have some news for you...
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #5468 on: February 04, 2021, 06:19:43 AM »
For the record

We all grew up homo/transphobic as fuck

I used to say all the same slurs my best friends did. It was the scene we are all raised by.

But when I came out as trans and being a gay bitch (etc.), they stayed the same. So I fled my hometown and lost my community.

The first skater I came out to - and one of the first people I ever came out to - said, and I quote, "but what about skate culture?"

It was then I knew two things: I was fucked, and so was he.

I have just as little an excuse as any old head does to be a piece of shit. The problem isn't "the old scene" - it's THE PEOPLE who still hold onto it for dear life.

When I gave up the ghost and decided to be myself, I lost a list of phrases that were violent and disgusting. To the rest of my friends, those weren't just phrases; they were AND STILL ARE beliefs.

It's not a matter of the new scene versus the old.

It's always been and will always be who is and who is not willing to change their beliefs in order to make a less violent community.

Like Alan is saying, the real crucible is whether you cling to excuses.

If I still clung to excuses I would've killed myself long ago. For cishet (and in some cases cis-queer) skaters this can be a matter of semantics. For the rest of us it's life or death.

I'm sorry this is a mouthful like some shit. I just wanted to clarify and add experience to the fact that this problem originates in all of us as people. It's not abstract.

I was on the other side of this. My best friend from growing up came out and I instantly felt like shit for all the years of making stupid gay jokes about everything we thought was wack. It’s a hell of a way to learn a lesson and I’m hopeful some of your friends felt the same way. Ricky could have easily said he didn’t mean any harm and embarrassed of that part of the culture and moved on but instead...

cky enthusiast

« Reply #5469 on: February 04, 2021, 06:21:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Free max b
[close]
[close]

To be fair, shaming the majority(talking shit about white or “cishet” people) has become very popular in certain circles for exactly this reason. People are expected to be “good allies” and either pretend not to notice or join in with that stuff to show what their social values are but in the end it doesn’t help and leads to an echo chamber that turns everyone off.

one time in SF i was denied housing by people who were aware of my imminent homelessness (i ended up living in my van) because they “don’t want to rent to another straight white guy” and even Ithink you’re a fucking idiot for thinking this

Croquet temper

« Reply #5470 on: February 04, 2021, 06:27:19 AM »
That's a terrible argument. Yeah, don't shame the majority because it might make them upset and they'll stop supporting equal rights for minorities. If you're uncomfortable when minorities point out repression or other negative experiences, and you decide it's the minorities fault for you feeling that way, then I have some news for you...

They’re not getting mad for oppression of the past being pointed out, they’re getting mad because they are being defined by their race, which is what we’re all supposed to be against, right?

The problem is that wokeness is an ersatz religion where being white or “cishet” or whatever is like some sort of original sin that you can’t be forgiven for. I say fuck that and you can keep that shit.

Croquet temper

« Reply #5471 on: February 04, 2021, 06:28:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Free max b
[close]
[close]

[close]

one time in SF i was denied housing by people who were aware of my imminent homelessness (i ended up living in my van) because they “don’t want to rent to another straight white guy” and even Ithink you’re a fucking idiot for thinking this

Then you’re clearly brainwashed.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2549
« Reply #5472 on: February 04, 2021, 06:33:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They’re not getting mad for oppression of the past being pointed out, they’re getting mad because they are being defined by their race, which is what we’re all supposed to be against, right?

The problem is that wokeness is an ersatz religion where being white or “cishet” or whatever is like some sort of original sin that you can’t be forgiven for. I say fuck that and you can keep that shit.

Um, do you think oppression is something that doesn't happen anymore? And are you saying you won't apologize for being white?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

cky enthusiast

« Reply #5473 on: February 04, 2021, 06:34:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Free max b
[close]
[close]

[close]

one time in SF i was denied housing by people who were aware of my imminent homelessness (i ended up living in my van) because they “don’t want to rent to another straight white guy” and even I think you’re a fucking idiot for thinking this
[close]

Then you’re clearly brainwashed.

oh man please tell me your reasoning behind this, i’m already giggling like a little kid

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #5474 on: February 04, 2021, 06:37:12 AM »
I recently asked a young lady at my grocery store if Life cereal was "woke" and she did not like it.

goeatsomefriedbread

• Rep: 268
« Reply #5475 on: February 04, 2021, 06:52:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Damn bummed about the killah mo shit from the big brother article. I know it's a long time ago but surely gay conversion camp is fuckin wack whether its today or 30 years ago
[close]

Yeah, that’s pretty crazy.

One begins to wonder just what exactly a session of "good old fashioned straight talk" would entail

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #5476 on: February 04, 2021, 06:56:03 AM »
I can't imagine it was a friendly situation. Genuinely curious as to what the hell that was/ what happened

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #5477 on: February 04, 2021, 07:51:35 AM »
nora is so cringe

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #5478 on: February 04, 2021, 07:57:29 AM »
nora is so cringe

I do not get the appeal on any level.

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -77
« Reply #5479 on: February 04, 2021, 07:59:55 AM »
Nora on Cinco Products confirmed

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #5480 on: February 04, 2021, 08:02:46 AM »
I would buy that deodorant but I don’t trust it because that el toro attempt is fake so must be everything in this commercial. Naht funny
9/11 was a national tragedy

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1212
« Reply #5481 on: February 04, 2021, 08:04:35 AM »
I would buy that deodorant but I don’t trust it because that el toro attempt is fake so must be everything in this commercial. Naht funny

How do you know?
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #5482 on: February 04, 2021, 08:14:52 AM »

Free max b

Your experiences have no bearing on any trans & queer individuals. We know what's true and that's something you can't manipulate by your theory of how things were Chill.

They weren't, and they still aren't.

It's at least interesting you think this would change anything. It doesn't.

On a less lighter note, you can generously suck my whole shriveled sack. And sexuality isn't even a factor.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #5483 on: February 04, 2021, 08:16:34 AM »

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #5484 on: February 04, 2021, 08:28:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Damn bummed about the killah mo shit from the big brother article. I know it's a long time ago but surely gay conversion camp is fuckin wack whether its today or 30 years ago
[close]

Yeah, that’s pretty crazy.

[close]

One begins to wonder just what exactly a session of "good old fashioned straight talk" would entail

It's amazing Von Werne had his interview pulled by Birdhouse because he talks about being gay and Moses is a part of this crazy shit and no sponsor stepped in to pull this.

Also, shit, I'm surprised it wasn't edited out. I've seen editors pull really dumb/horrible shit from an interview to make sure they keep a good relationship with the skater's sponsors.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #5485 on: February 04, 2021, 08:35:11 AM »
Surprised no one has brought up Trainwreck's classic interview yet

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
« Reply #5486 on: February 04, 2021, 08:39:29 AM »
I love when people post that they're surprised nobody is talking about something, but don't actually post the thing.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 721
  • Free Max B
« Reply #5487 on: February 04, 2021, 08:50:40 AM »
im all for the homophobes of the industry getting called out, all day. that said i cant imagine anyone who started skating after the year 2000 even knows who moses is short of a few canadian kids. that dude has always been a clown too, wasnt he already banned from all contests by like 99. you gotta be a real fucking moron to get banned from skating in 99.
but if theyre gonna be going through big brother issues cancelling people who havent been heard of since, theyve got alot of work to do. im backing that account until further notice tho im sure itll lead to some cringe apology posts, or possibly more people just standing their ground like rickys dumbass.

also: did the birdman ever have to answer for kicking von werne off birdhouse after coming out? didnt want to taint the impeccable for-soccermoms image birdhouse has been running since before the videogames i guess. im sure mikehawk will or has claimed it was that freestyler Per Welinder, or J strickland (my birdhouse TM knowledge is slim idk who had the job at that exact time) that kicked him off, but you know every decision had to go past birdboy at some point and that sucks. dude was 20 years ahead of his time too, good style skated fast and was dressing like a normal person in tshirts that fit/dickies during the goofyboy era.

free max b
FREE MAX B

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #5488 on: February 04, 2021, 08:52:14 AM »
Imagine being in your 40s and saying "bring it" multiple times on an Instagram comment.

That was my thought exactly. Imagine having a family and kids and repeatedly telling people to challenge you at your house.

What in the hell is Ricky thinking? I thought you mellow with age, I guess some people don't

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #5489 on: February 04, 2021, 08:55:49 AM »
Can we sort out a PALS questions for Von Werne?

Edit - actually maybe that's not such a good idea
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.