Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1431172 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #12240 on: April 16, 2024, 09:31:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You guys are acting like people who dislike Trump should be jumping for joy to vote for Biden. I feel like it’s pretty damn reasonable if not rational to dislike both equally but for different reasons.

Also maybe stop using words like enamored if you don’t know what they mean.
[close]

BIG FAX
[close]

Actual adults don't need to "jump for joy" to vote for someone. You're not picking your favorite band or some shit.

Until we have ranked choice, you should vote for the candidate that most closely aligns with your values who also has a plausible chance to win. Biden, for all of his faults, is clearly the best choice. Seems crazy, given his various weaknesses, but them's the breaks when the only alternative is a deeply corrupt demented rapist who is only running to stay out of prison, and has never once in his life genuinely laughed.
[close]

What’s his weakness?   He’s old?   I don’t agree with all his stances, but honestly, when has his age been a legitimate liability rather than a cosmetic one?  Gerald Ford was a hot shot football player and a fairly young Executive and he still fell plenty of times.  Biden has a stutter he still struggles with, so I’ll forgive him the occasional slip of the tongue.   

As Fox has had to admit several times, Jobs and the economy are significantly improving and that’s despite the fact that the majority of democratic presidents are damned with fixing the economic disasters of the republicans that came before.   

Lastly, voting is so so much more about the down ballot elections, which is where the GOP has been fucking people for years
[close]

Are you serious with this statement?
[close]
Clinton took office during a recession
Obama took office after the real estate market melted down and caused a recession
Biden took office after Trump's non-existant economic policy and mishandling of Covid had caused a recession
And that's my lifetime, in order
[close]
This is correct as I remember it

I’ll take it back even further: Carter got fucking dinged because of the policies of Nixon (and Johnson tbf) kicked the can down the road and Jimmy was the one unlucky enough to be forced to pick it up

Reagan got into office and cut so many taxes that the government was going to run out of money if he didn’t do some take-back does

conan777

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -52
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #12241 on: April 16, 2024, 09:51:12 PM »
I would rather watch skate moss skate than Beatrice and I reckon she probably has more flip tricks in her bag too

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #12242 on: April 16, 2024, 10:23:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not a pro but Skate Moss posted a story of herself wearing a Trump MAGA hat on Insta last night
[close]

😳

Looks like she’s into real estate now too, so if the hat fits…
[close]

And dating the Slap’s beloved Paul Hart:

[close]

Those two carpet stains deserve each other
[close]

I wonder how the person who wrote the initial skateism article about her would frame this relationship and her character.

[close]

Yeah fuck this guy and his lame ass tank top. Also, skate moss has handsome squidward lips. Fuck her too

What fucking surf shop is this?

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12243 on: April 16, 2024, 10:46:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not a pro but Skate Moss posted a story of herself wearing a Trump MAGA hat on Insta last night
[close]

😳

[close]

[close]

[close]

I wonder how the person who wrote the initial skateism article about her would frame this relationship and her character.

Damn, Phart looking like he’s about three missed pay periods away from smoking shard and gapping teeth rather than stairs.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #12244 on: April 16, 2024, 10:48:26 PM »
where the fuck you at dill?!? you ain’t streets.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 658
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12245 on: April 16, 2024, 10:52:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

😳

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah fuck this guy and his lame ass tank top. Also, skate moss has handsome squidward lips. Fuck her too
[close]

What fucking surf shop is this?

You won't believe this but... Hart's Surf Shop. SkateMoss is classy. Out of everyone on the planet she picked Joey Brezinki's B-Tier Skate Nazi BFF.

https://hartsshardcore.yolasite.com/history.php

"Harts Surf Shop was one of the few surf shops to occupy the Jax Beach, Florida landscape for over thirty five years to only be closed down by the Arabs four years ago in 2005.  With the "invasion" of foreigners..."

Pretty sure @notmikerusczyk was the first to find all this in the Upriver Joey B thread
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=118116.msg3622214#msg3622214

peep the shirt. fuck you paul

« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 11:22:09 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2210
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #12246 on: April 16, 2024, 11:04:33 PM »
Heil Hartler!
Totenkopf & Schutzstaffel “bolts” pretty much say all you need to know about li’l Paulie.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 04:05:45 PM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #12247 on: April 17, 2024, 01:09:44 AM »

You won't believe this but... Hart's Surf Shop. SkateMoss is classy. Out of everyone on the planet she picked Joey Brezinki's B-Tier Skate Nazi BFF.

"Harts Surf Shop was one of the few surf shops to occupy the Jax Beach, Florida landscape for over thirty five years to only be closed down by the Arabs four years ago in 2005.  With the "invasion" of foreigners..."

Ouch, that is a tough read. I bet they never added 'more to come...' because they were struggling to justify using SS symbols and the term nazi without supporting nazism. Fuck that guy

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12248 on: April 17, 2024, 01:23:55 AM »
I would rather watch skate moss skate than Beatrice and I reckon she probably has more flip tricks in her bag too
I'd rather kick myself in the balls
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 619
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #12249 on: April 17, 2024, 02:48:05 AM »
oh wow nice shirt
amazing surf shop ethos
this is actually way worse than i thought

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #12250 on: April 17, 2024, 02:53:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

😳

[close]

[close]

[close]

He probably slept through history class

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #12251 on: April 17, 2024, 02:58:34 AM »
Not trying to steal @fuck_that_guy 's swag, but fuck that guy.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #12252 on: April 17, 2024, 03:10:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ouch, that is a tough read. I bet they never added 'more to come...' because they were struggling to justify using SS symbols and the term nazi without supporting nazism. Fuck that guy

closed down by the Arabs??    what in the hell did I just read
also on that page:
Some surf clubs in the 60's, particularly at the Wind'n'Sea in La Jolla, used the swastika symbol on their boards and identified with Nazism as a counter culture.
uh??

I don't even know who this Paul Hart guy is but I will NEVER understand how someone can wear nazi symbols and look at themselves in the mirror. Even more so in the skating/surfing world.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #12253 on: April 17, 2024, 03:21:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

also on that page:
Some surf clubs in the 60's, particularly at the Wind'n'Sea in La Jolla, used the swastika symbol on their boards and identified with Nazism as a counter culture.
uh??

I don't even know who this Paul Hart guy is but I will NEVER understand how someone can wear nazi symbols and look at themselves in the mirror. Even more so in the skating/surfing world.
Def all been brought up multiple times but hosoi (and later Muska) rising sun are some of the most popular graphics of all time. Plenty of surfers and skaters are stupid.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12254 on: April 17, 2024, 03:25:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

also on that page:
uh??

[close]
Def all been brought up multiple times but hosoi (and later Muska) rising sun are some of the most popular graphics of all time. Plenty of surfers and skaters are stupid.

as a euro I'm probably more sensitive to German than Japanese war crimes, but is it really comparable? I mean the rising sun was used by Japan before and after WWII? and it's still used apparently. Whereas swastikas and SS symbols are only associated with genocide, hate and the nazi regime.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 588
« Reply #12255 on: April 17, 2024, 03:33:12 AM »
Is it safe to assume “the Arabs” is not the name of a rival surf shop?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12256 on: April 17, 2024, 03:40:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

also on that page:
uh??

[close]
[close]

as a euro I'm probably more sensitive to German than Japanese war crimes, but is it really comparable? I mean the rising sun was used by Japan before and after WWII? and it's still used apparently. Whereas swastikas and SS symbols are only associated with genocide, hate and the nazi regime.
Swastika was all over Europe for thousands of years before the Nazis too (and some armies still use it in modern times with their reasoning being they had it before Nazis were even a thing)
I'd say it's pretty comparable. People for whatever reason are way more chill with Japan than they are with Germany but the rising sun is def associated with war/genocide in Asia.

Edit: incase anyone thinks I'm somehow defending Nazis or some shit in def not and I'm not trying to be like group a is worse than group b or anything. Just pointing out there's always been this other side of whats basically nazi imagery (Japan being the Nazis biggest ally) in skating and surfing that people have been giving a pass to
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 03:49:17 AM by Mean salto »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #12257 on: April 17, 2024, 03:44:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

also on that page:
uh??

welcome to biker culture

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12258 on: April 17, 2024, 03:48:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

also on that page:
uh??

[close]
[close]

[close]
Swastika was all over Europe for thousands of years before the Nazis too (and some armies still use it in modern times with their reasoning being they had it before Nazis were even a thing)
I'd say it's pretty comparable. People for whatever reason are way more chill with Japan than they are with Germany but the rising sun is def associated with war/genocide in Asia.

this is news to me? Swastikas all over Europe, where?? It's a reversed buddhist symbol, so had you said Asia, I would have said ok, but in Europe?? Also never heard of armies still wearing swastikas. Where?
Here in Europe the swastika 100% means nazi and nothing else.
anyways this is all an aside, this idiot in the picture has an SS symbol on his shirt. going back to more positive threads.....

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12259 on: April 17, 2024, 04:07:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

also on that page:
uh??

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

this is news to me? Swastikas all over Europe, where?? It's a reversed buddhist symbol, so had you said Asia, I would have said ok, but in Europe?? Also never heard of armies still wearing swastikas. Where?
anyways this is all an aside, this idiot in the picture has an SS symbol on his shirt. going back to more positive threads.....
It's featured often in mosaics and decorations from the Roman empire, holy Roman empire and in Scandinavia, the shit Hitler jacked off to imagining he could recreate but let's not go into all that shit.
And my bad it was certain parts of the Finnish airforce that still repped it in ceremonies but seems like that stopped in 2017 so sorry there.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12260 on: April 17, 2024, 04:18:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

also on that page:
uh??

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
It's featured often in mosaics and decorations from the Roman empire, holy Roman empire and in Scandinavia, the shit Hitler jacked off to imagining he could recreate but let's not go into all that shit.
And my bad it was certain parts of the Finnish airforce that still repped it in ceremonies but seems like that stopped in 2017 so sorry there.

damn I learned something here! You are right, I had totally forgotten about Scandinivia. Apparently even the Breton used it, had no idea. Found nothing about roman usage though.
Also the Finnish airforce still having the swastika on their planes as recently as 2017 is crazy!! back to regular programming....

Sangriawaterfall

• Rep: 33
« Reply #12261 on: April 17, 2024, 04:48:23 AM »
Skate moss on Real estate reels and bible gun Jason aldean fan

231st Street

• Rep: -200
« Reply #12262 on: April 17, 2024, 04:48:48 AM »
Well, finally I've opened this thread.  That is pretty clearly an SS symbol and SS skull called a totenkopf.

Do you guys really think they were going for ancient hindu vibes?  Swastika wise-- sure a square not diagonal swastika has been a common motif all over the world for a while.  Actually is one I the floor of an old synagogue I've been to.  Usually pretty clear what intent is. Mosaic or nazism? 

This is pretty bizarre-  Jacksonville Beach still has tons of surf and skate shops.. I go there on business sometimes and it seems like its packed with surfers and surf shops.  There is even a surfer themed bar (never been inside) and 3 or 4 surf shops within a few block radius.  Sounds like someone is cranky over his lack of business acumen. 

Anyone know where these specific losers with the website hang out/skate (if they do)?  Next time I'm on a business trip down there I may have to make time to bring my board to be an invading northern ((rootless cosmopolitan)).  I would love to talk shit to some biker boys "brother". 

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #12263 on: April 17, 2024, 05:49:20 AM »
I'd have figured the shirt was from 2 Felons skate shop or at least Roller CA, but forgot about the illustrious "Hart Surf Shop".

Not a good look no matter what way you justify it...
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #12264 on: April 17, 2024, 06:08:12 AM »
Fuck I just clicked on that link, go to the home page...

Zero excuse for that shit.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • Free Max B
« Reply #12265 on: April 17, 2024, 06:17:22 AM »
Classic Florida shit. Fuck this guy.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Colin Robinson

• Rep: 57
  • energy vampire
« Reply #12266 on: April 17, 2024, 07:06:27 AM »
1010 Jr. over there needs to start rocking dual nazi hats

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #12267 on: April 17, 2024, 07:17:15 AM »
sorry if these are basic Paul hart facts, but is he from Florida? Is this shop his or his family’s?

That history is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read, laid out the “Arabs” as the antagonist of their little tale but had me rooting for them.  Also, how did the “invasion” of your town include “townies”?

Also the explanation of the territorial surf related behavior that lead people to call them nazis seems over complicated.

I think people are calling you surf nazis because you’re the openly neonazi guys who surf, not because of your localism about “breaks” or the “lineup” you salt brained morons.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #12268 on: April 17, 2024, 08:02:01 AM »

231st Street

• Rep: -200
« Reply #12269 on: April 17, 2024, 08:04:44 AM »
So, so bad.  On the plus side, this is the first I've ever heard about any of these people.  Are any of them pro skaters, or just some sort of nazi anti-arab organization?  Honestly, what is this..