Author Topic: Baggy pants skater vs regular pants skater identity crisis  (Read 5633 times)

addie pray

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -526
  • u a whole goofy
Re: Baggy pants skater vs regular pants skater identity crisis
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2024, 03:32:35 PM »
yeah? you raking in that sweet youtube $? throw me a few bucks so i can buy a wal-mart tee with a gonz drawing on it for 40$

Can he read

« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2024, 04:06:35 PM »
yeah? you raking in that sweet youtube $? throw me a few bucks so i can buy a wal-mart tee with a gonz drawing on it for 40$

Have you ever considered that you’re on a hobbyist message board centered around a wooden toy meticulously keeping your post count at the weed number? Yet every time I see you comment it’s some snarky piss take blowing air through your nose at anything you deem unworthy. Fuck all the way off, dude.

Ninj2

• Rep: -46
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2024, 04:11:37 PM »
Skateboarding in shorts not even trying to flip board is way more fun than worrying about how pants fit you goofy. Flipping  board is overrated like pants. You guys sound weird as fuk getting mad about pants.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2024, 04:22:10 PM »
Me running back to my car after getting pants’d by the locals for showing up wearing pants that weren’t baggy enough.

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

addie pray

• u a whole goofy
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2024, 05:18:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Have you ever considered that you’re on a hobbyist message board centered around a wooden toy meticulously keeping your post count at the weed number? Yet every time I see you comment it’s some snarky piss take blowing air through your nose at anything you deem unworthy. Fuck all the way off, dude.

guess that's a no. smh setting up a gopro and clowning yourself for free

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2024, 05:28:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Addie this is your manager at Trader Joes. I guess you clown yourself during work hours so you’re technically being paid while you do it.

Now put your phone down and stock those shelves, I won’t tell you again.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Can he read

« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2024, 06:05:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Nah I’m getting paid doing something that I enjoy and it’s all about getting people hyped to go skate street, the positive response has been overwhelming. Maybe you should ride your skateboard as hard as you hate 😘

Garbage Collector

• Rep: 4
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2024, 06:53:26 PM »
wtf is this thread you eddies. for the OP, i have gone thru pants madness too. that shits real af. my best advice to anyone on this looking for advice is the rules i made to soothe my OCD:

1) aim for true-ish to size waist and focus more on the cut of the pant that you want (ex relaxed -> loose -> baggy). most pants esp denim are natural and will stretch the hell out. like someone else said its 2024, why are you tryna be a goofy boy. if you size up OD you might not like the fit later on, especially with an uncomfortable sagging crotch that basically showcases ur bulge while youre grocery shopping at target

2) for the OCD heads, uniform matters. for example, once i knew 93s worked out, i schemed on depop, ebay and some retail to scoop up 10 pairs. most i paid 50 bucks for. secondhand is worth it, i know i have expensive tastes but fuck it

3) find your leg opening measurement and inseam. a leg opening can make or break the fit. too tapered and your shit gon look like balloon. too wide you look like a jit. go to tailor, theyll shorten, taper and misc. alter your shit for cheap most the time.

4) get a fit you can wear daily. idk wtf yall do but if youre not a yuppie in a tech job where everyone wears fuckin jnco bell bottoms u gotta look good sometimes. im in the trades and found some dark wash 93s debadged look clean and are still comfortable. if you cant wear them everywhere are they really pants or is it just cosplay gear?

5) consider proportioning your tees. maybe size down a tee if you wanna slim the pants down. itll make them look like a better fit and you wont have popsicle legs, especially when the tee isnt too long. you can get cheap blanks off websites like jiffyshirts.com ranging from 2 dollar gildan to 10 dollar comfort colors. same goes for hoodies. these sites list all measurements. get a tape measure and find what works for you.

obviously this is what works for me. but knowing your preferred measurements will help out a ton. you will have more control on the fortune of finding good pants. good luck out there. its brutal with everyone and their fuckin mom makin pants out here now.

addie pray

• u a whole goofy
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2024, 05:00:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Addie this is your manager at Trader Joes. I guess you clown yourself during work hours so you’re technically being paid while you do it.

Now put your phone down and stock those shelves, I won’t tell you again.

i got fired for throwing too many soft a's at work

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2024, 05:05:56 AM »
Expand Quote
I always default to Dickies 874's or Carhartt relaxed fit pants for a middle ground fit. The 5 pocket canvas ones are super comfortable and have a decent color selection
[close]

874s very versatile
874 is still my goto type. I wish, there was less plastic in the pants.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2024, 09:44:05 AM »
Regular on the slimmer side forever & ever, all along the way.

Gleefull508

• Rep: 20
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2024, 09:59:15 AM »
I can't decide whether to identify myself as wearing baggy pants or regular fit pants. Do you believe some people's physique/appearance is forever better presented through a single fit (baggy vs regular)? For those of you who have reached the end of your pants journey, how did you finally decide? What struggles have you endured? Are any of you both? If so how do your homies react to you having no consistent pant fit? I am not joking this is a serious topic I haven't been able to decide for months and it keeps me up at night. Like for example I'll see a pair of shoes i really like, but it won't work with baggy pants or vice versa. I didn't mention shorts or tight pants and dont wanna rewrite all of this so just pretend I did.
whenever someone pulls up in regular pants after they were a baggy pant guy my one friend always goes up to them and says "bout time you grew up and wore some real pants like a fucking man!"

usually does the trick

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2024, 11:06:35 AM »
i dress like you, only i buy hanes tees and dickies at walmart and don't add the 50% cool tax so i can talk about how the fit to other adult men
a lot of wal-marts only stock 'dickies authentic' which is NOT the same as the classic 874. theyre not terrible but theyre not the same either. hanes tees are pretty bad tho, they don't hold their shape at all. i became a connoisseur of cheap ass clothes when i was younger and broke. for plain tees its worth splurging on uniqlo.

Can he read

« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2024, 11:08:12 AM »
Expand Quote
I can't decide whether to identify myself as wearing baggy pants or regular fit pants. Do you believe some people's physique/appearance is forever better presented through a single fit (baggy vs regular)? For those of you who have reached the end of your pants journey, how did you finally decide? What struggles have you endured? Are any of you both? If so how do your homies react to you having no consistent pant fit? I am not joking this is a serious topic I haven't been able to decide for months and it keeps me up at night. Like for example I'll see a pair of shoes i really like, but it won't work with baggy pants or vice versa. I didn't mention shorts or tight pants and dont wanna rewrite all of this so just pretend I did.
[close]
whenever someone pulls up in regular pants after they were a baggy pant guy my one friend always goes up to them and says "bout time you grew up and wore some real pants like a fucking man!"

usually does the trick

Your friend sounds awful

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 86
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2024, 04:46:54 AM »
Baggy & loose is superior, obviously, but I recently gave an old pair of black Volcom Solver's a run out (only in the house, of course), and do you know what? They looked sick with a pair of all black Accel OG's. I forgot how good slim/straight black jeans look with black puffy shoes. I'll be ready when the time comes for slim pants to get the limelight again.

Can he read

« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2024, 10:12:00 AM »
Baggy & loose is superior, obviously, but I recently gave an old pair of black Volcom Solver's a run out (only in the house, of course), and do you know what? They looked sick with a pair of all black Accel OG's. I forgot how good slim/straight black jeans look with black puffy shoes. I'll be ready when the time comes for slim pants to get the limelight again.

The skinny pants/big shoe look was like the bellbottoms of skateboarding. We can’t go back.

2fakie

• Rep: 0
  • Dr. Pepper's kidney stone champion
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2024, 11:51:15 AM »
mans watched too much Tom Penny

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 41
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2024, 12:59:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The skinny pants/big shoe look was like the bellbottoms of skateboarding. We can’t go back.

There were a lot of actual bellbottoms at that time. Retrospectively embarrassed skaters will call them “boot cut” pants, but thems were bellbottoms.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2024, 05:48:48 PM »
There are a lot of people who think tighter pants look ‘grown up’, and baggy pants look ‘immature’, but this is a cultural bias like any other.

I grew up in the 70’s and 80’s when the grandpa’s who had their heyday back in the 40’s and 50’s still rocked wide pants. So for me, grandpas = baggy, loose, comfortable clothes. It doesn’t seem weird to me at all, and I’m embracing it.

The kids who (unfortunately) grew up in the 00’s are going to look weird as hell trying to rock tight shit when they are older. It’s a personal bias, but I prefer the way loose clothes make the human silhouette look. Probably the same for majority of cultures around the world. Tight shit looks uncomfortable to me.

So if you think loose and baggy look ‘immature’, just remember the kids growing up in Big Boys now are going to think the same about you trying to hold on to the slim pants look with your walker.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 265
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2024, 05:51:07 PM »
Vs spandex sk8erz
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

Heshrat

• Rep: -11
« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2024, 06:36:30 PM »
I feel like baggy pants makes it look like you’re wearing a full diaper
I did your mom

ratking

• Rep: 5
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2024, 06:53:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I always default to Dickies 874's or Carhartt relaxed fit pants for a middle ground fit. The 5 pocket canvas ones are super comfortable and have a decent color selection
[close]

874s very versatile
[close]
874 is still my goto type. I wish, there was less plastic in the pants.
Agreed. Quit wearing them daily bc of this. Still have a couple pairs in rotation, if just seems like after a year of consistent use they don't fit the same.