Author Topic: nintendo switch online is ass  (Read 10554 times)

Seadramon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
Re: nintendo switch online is ass
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2019, 11:17:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’m hyped for that ^

The direct as a whole was pretty good although there’s a lot I don’t care about but I’m excited for mario maker 2

[close]

Mario Maker ended up being my favorite thing about the Wii-U, so I’m really excited to see a follow up that’s not just a port. Also excited for the Link’s Awakening remake. Zelda is my favorite game franchise, but I missed this one as a kid.

And on the subject of Zelda, if you own a Switch, you simply must get Breath Of The Wild. Playing for the first time truly enamored me in a way I haven’t felt since I was a kid. I genuinely feel like it’s one of gaming’s finest triumphs in a very, very long time.
[close]

i spent about 80 hours on zelda breath of the wild when it first dropped, its just simply amazing, and the DLC for it was actually good, it isnt easy to finish ill put it that way.

also that tetris 99 game is sooo good, im a big tetris/puyo puyo guy and played for a while last night with no noticeable lag.

i think im going to download final fantasy 9 tonight and call out of work tomorrow.

I've been playing FFIX and I'm about 8 hours in. Absolutely love it.

I've never played it before and it's quickly jumped to the top of my Final Fantasy list.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2019, 11:20:44 PM »
Also: that direct was solid IMO.

Really excited for Dragon Quest XI. I own it for PS4 but have been hesitant to get into it knowing that it's been released on the switch.

Dragon Quest Builders 2 is going to be amazing.

I'm also really into that JRPG that was giving off Nier Automata vibes - should be interesting so long as the price tag is reasonable.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2019, 06:23:31 AM »
Earthbound/mother series is my favorite hands down for rpg, anyone else hear They were supposed to localize mother 3 for switch and they canned the project because of controversial content that in 2019 wouldn’t fly in America. I have that game and didn’t come across anything fucked up or offensive.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2019, 04:47:36 PM »
Earthbound/mother series is my favorite hands down for rpg, anyone else hear They were supposed to localize mother 3 for switch and they canned the project because of controversial content that in 2019 wouldn’t fly in America. I have that game and didn’t come across anything fucked up or offensive.

That game's been in my backlog forever now but I've never got around to playing it. I've heard similar stuff through the grapevine but I'm not convinced is was every planned to be localized.

That would be giving the customers what they ask for and that really isn't Nintendo's style.

It would be sick though and would sell like hotcakes.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2019, 07:34:45 PM »
I went to GameStop yesterday and traded in Mario Odyssey and Super Smash for Doom. I'm stoked. I'm sure I'll buy super smash again at some point but games like Doom and Resident evil are more my style. I'm about to download Outlast: Bundle of terror and Resident evil: Revelations 2. Also, I played Fortnite for the first time last night and was killed within 10 seconds. I don't know how I feel about that game.

I'm on the fence about whether to buy Zelda. Everyone says it's the best game but I didn't like Mario Odyssey at all so I don't think I'll like Zelda.

Has anyone played Bayonetta 2, Skyrim or Batman the telltale series?

feedmeseymour

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2019, 09:26:06 AM »
I went to GameStop yesterday and traded in Mario Odyssey and Super Smash for Doom. I'm stoked. I'm sure I'll buy super smash again at some point but games like Doom and Resident evil are more my style. I'm about to download Outlast: Bundle of terror and Resident evil: Revelations 2. Also, I played Fortnite for the first time last night and was killed within 10 seconds. I don't know how I feel about that game.

I'm on the fence about whether to buy Zelda. Everyone says it's the best game but I didn't like Mario Odyssey at all so I don't think I'll like Zelda.

Has anyone played Bayonetta 2, Skyrim or Batman the telltale series?

if youre on the fence for zelda, you probably should return your switch and go get a playstation.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2019, 02:28:33 PM »
Yeah, I knew someone would say that. I bought the switch because I'm always traveling. I don't play enough to invest in a PS4. I've owned every single system up until the PS3/xbox 360. I still have my Nintendo Virtual Boy, Gameboys, Sega gamegear, Dreamcast, snes, nes etc in storage. I'm just trying to get back into it and figure out what kind of games I like now that I'm older. I'm buying Zelda tomorrow and I'll have a week to return it if anything. Are there any highly anticipated games coming out this year? One last question:

Is Nintendo planning on changing the online service so that you can play against random people?

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2019, 08:16:18 AM »
Tetris 99 is free to download

Classy Durag

• Rep: 62
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2019, 11:02:12 PM »
Tetris 99 is free to download

This game is the best... been playing it for 2 days now the best I’ve done is 3rd place. Super addicting

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2019, 03:01:39 AM »
Couldn’t resist picking one of these up

Same, one of the few Amibos that got me stoked.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2019, 03:04:21 AM »
Did you end up downloading FFIX feedmeseymour?

feedmeseymour

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2019, 04:28:52 AM »

Yessir, they cleaned it up really nicely, like the backdrop artwork is smoothed out a bit and the colors pop alittle more, so far it’s sick, first time playing it.

More excited for ff7 to come out to be honest but this game is pretty great

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2019, 11:30:04 AM »
ive been going back and forth between hollow knight, mario bros deluxe, and tetris 99 lately
hollow knight just makes me want a 2d metroid on switch just port the gba games or some shit, also that shit is so hard. im about 5 hours into hk
i never played the wii u version of mario deluxe so its a new game to me its so much fun with friends just 4 assholes jumping around and throwin shit at each other its fucking chaos, and the luigi u thing is really cool its a buncha new shorter levels that only have 100 seconds to clear, i always love to go thru mario levels as fast as i can so im loving that shit
best ive got on 99 is 8

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2019, 02:55:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yezzir, they cleaned it up really nicely, like the backdrop artwork is smoothed out a bit and the colors pop alittle more, so far it’s sick, first time playing it.

At first I thought the decision to update only the character sprites really aged the backdrops terribly. But then the whole thing grew on me.

I absolutely love the updates like fast forward and turning off the random encounters - that stuff is a godsend when revisiting these older RPGs.

I'm excited to give FFVII a whirl too. I don't see myself enjoying it as much as IX and am not convinced it will live up to the hype but am excited none the less.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2019, 05:43:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yezzir, they cleaned it up really nicely, like the backdrop artwork is smoothed out a bit and the colors pop alittle more, so far it’s sick, first time playing it.

[close]

At first I thought the decision to update only the character sprites really aged the backdrops terribly. But then the whole thing grew on me.

I absolutely love the updates like fast forward and turning off the random encounters - that stuff is a godsend when revisiting these older RPGs.

I'm excited to give FFVII a whirl too. I don't see myself enjoying it as much as IX and am not convinced it will live up to the hype but am excited none the less.

Oh man, I’m a ff7 guy and took a chance with this one. The backgrounds are deff cleaned up but I know what you mean, and it grew on me.

The hype for ff7 is real.

Also got 2nd in Tetris 99. I got lucky, but not lucky enough haha

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2019, 06:15:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh man, I’m a ff7 guy and took a chance with this one. The backgrounds are deff cleaned up but I know what you mean, and it grew on me.

The hype for ff7 is real.

Also got 2nd in Tetris 99. I got lucky, but not lucky enough haha

Tetris 99 looks amazing. Might actually convince me to purchase the online service.

Just beat FFIX and don't know what to do with myself lol

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2019, 08:30:10 PM »
so what's the consensus, is the online service still ass? bout to get a switch this weekend. february was good on my wallet.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2019, 10:30:33 PM »
so what's the consensus, is the online service still ass? bout to get a switch this weekend. february was good on my wallet.

for 20 bucks id say its completely fine not great not terrible only get it if u actually plan on playing games online it doesnt offer as much as xbox or sony’s online services but its also way cheaper

feedmeseymour

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2019, 05:18:00 PM »

Finally got a win. Im hyped even though it took forever.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2019, 05:31:02 PM »

Finally got a win. Im hyped even though it took forever.
Congrats on the win! I've been placing higher lately.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1291
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2019, 03:28:56 PM »
Charging anything for online service is like paying for permission to use internet that you already pay for. Glad I switched to PC gaming.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2019, 09:10:58 AM »
4/18 CUPHEAD COMES TO SWITCH

im fucking hyped

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1291
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2019, 10:28:44 AM »

im fucking hyped
Its fucking great. Really hard but stick with it and its so rewarding.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2019, 03:28:32 AM »

im fucking hyped

ohhhhhh  fuuuuuckkkkkk  !!!!!!

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2019, 03:19:19 AM »
if any of you have Amazon Prime it means you have Twitch Prime which now comes with a free year of Nintendo Switch Online

apparently the "cheaper" and "enhanced" versions of the switch that seymour mentioned before will be presented at E3 in June

feedmeseymour

« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2019, 11:51:54 AM »
new switch announced today.

thoughts?

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2019, 01:08:53 PM »
new switch announced today.

thoughts?

Not buying it.

I'm coming across the issue where my right joystick is on a downward tilt.
Worst thing ever.

EDIT Fixed the sticks by putting contact cleaner under the thumb piece.

Anybody else come across this?

I've also found a way to avoid paying tax in the e-shop; Set your location to anywhere in Delaware.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 04:16:36 PM by Carrolls Chesthairs »

FLstrange

• Rep: 324
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2019, 02:12:20 AM »
I'm coming across the issue where my right joystick is on a downward tilt.
Worst thing ever.

Anybody else come across this?

i had the same issue, there's actually a widespread drift problem with the joy-con's sticks (i think a class action law suit against nintendo is happening even). the solution for me was to buy a replacement stick on amazon for $6 and install it.

the first thing i thought about when i saw the new switch model with the controls built in is how much more fucked the average person who wont repair their electronics will be when the joysticks fail in a year and half since now they cant just buy new joycons to fix the problem.

Audrey II

• Rep: 14183
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2019, 09:56:11 AM »
Bout fucking time

Now all I want is a good online party chat with friends
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2019, 07:25:46 AM »
Yeah their chat service is dogshit. Online snes multi is sick though. There’s endless free chat software these days I guess