Author Topic: Worst skate video ever  (Read 19587 times)

MareVitals

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -39
Re: Worst skate video ever
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2018, 06:39:40 AM »
There was a red dragons video I got bummed when they killed a shark.

I remember this. The video was trash anyway but this sealed the deal. Fuck everyone involved with that.

thebacker

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2018, 06:44:43 AM »
Element elementality is up there. Bam mike v little kid footage multiole dreadlocka awful soundtrack tour footage probably. And the sound synched up to the beat but not the skating.

Nike nothing but the truth? I think it’s the name. The stupid nonsensical skits make the video twice as long. I only remember Dan Murphy skated to ray Charles and Reese skated to Johnny cash.

Brent Atchley and Jake Rupp made up for everything in that video

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2018, 06:47:24 AM »
That Blind What If video was really bad.

No way. Ronnie had a solid part. James Craig skating to a personalized Murs song. Plus his ender was ridiculous. Evan Schiefelbine, Aaron Artis, and Corey Sheppard all had solid parts. And the first Dumcombe part if I remember correctly. Then you have Carlos Ruiz's who had one of the most hated parts of all time. I think the only person to top that was Sinner in Theatrix. Regardless of how you feel about that part, you cant say it isnt legendary.

It wasn't a good video, but I think it's far from one of the worst.

And sorry to all the old dudes, but Animal Chin is terrible. Those fucking skits...

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2018, 06:47:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Element elementality is up there. Bam mike v little kid footage multiole dreadlocka awful soundtrack tour footage probably. And the sound synched up to the beat but not the skating.

Nike nothing but the truth? I think it’s the name. The stupid nonsensical skits make the video twice as long. I only remember Dan Murphy skated to ray Charles and Reese skated to Johnny cash.

[close]
Brent Atchley and Jake Rupp made up for everything in that video
  Good call
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

borntosin

• Rep: -25
  • Guilty as Sin
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2018, 06:51:45 AM »
100% Flat earth or the new Etnies Video... like its a shame they did the skaters like that, so unwatchable and horrible editing styles with filming
i can't even go to the grocery store without encountering at least a half dozen front feeble impossibles out up 8 stair sets

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -218
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2018, 06:54:08 AM »
Expand Quote
That Blind What If video was really bad.
[close]

No way. Ronnie had a solid part. James Craig skating to a personalized Murs song. Plus his ender was ridiculous. Evan Schiefelbine, Aaron Artis, and Corey Sheppard all had solid parts. And the first Dumcombe part if I remember correctly. Then you have Carlos Ruiz's who had one of the most hated parts of all time. I think the only person to top that was Sinner in Theatrix. Regardless of how you feel about that part, you cant say it isnt legendary.

It wasn't a good video, but I think it's far from one of the worst

Jake Brown's part was jaw-dropping

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2018, 06:58:02 AM »
menikmati!  :)
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

bo golden

« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2018, 07:04:30 AM »
any of you ever see the Revolver video? 

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 881
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2018, 07:45:55 AM »
Wasn’t a fan of birdhouse the beginning

Absolutely this, what a piece of shit video. The only redeeming quality is they didn't totally fuck up Nessers part with bad music, just forgettable music. Sumner skating to Christian rock is the worst shit ever.

I also want to say that Jereme Roger's Neighborhood was also incredibly bad and it's crazy how badly he wanted it to be Forecast. Also the second NKA video Proof was awful.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2018, 07:46:34 AM »
Attack.

That is RADICAL and BITCHIN’

I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2018, 08:56:57 AM »
That XYZ video was pretty aweful.

To this day I cannot understand how they approved X Sorry. Like ".. yes, this shit is good. Let us just hire Baron for the sound track... "

bo golden

« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2018, 08:59:53 AM »
That XYZ video was pretty aweful.

To this day I cannot understand how they approved X Sorry. Like ".. yes, this shit is good. Let us just hire Baron for the sound track... "

which one? Stars and Bars is a classic!

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2018, 09:08:59 AM »
For me it's pretty much every video pre vx/ mk1 standard and before people cared about the filming. The VHS shaky filming with the shitty vig. I know that's all they had but damn. I just can't watch videos from that era. Not to say there isn't a shit ton of videos now that suck but at least I can tolerate them.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2018, 09:24:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I remember this. The video was trash anyway but this sealed the deal. Fuck everyone involved with that.

The RDS FSU 2002 video was amazing, but skate party or whatever it was called was terrible.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Mongoloid

« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2018, 09:28:55 AM »
Atm click had a video I hated at the time. I should rewatch it, it's probably fuckin amazing now

Whoa whoa whoa! If you’re referencing “Fast Youth” I hugely disagree.

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2018, 09:37:59 AM »
I have fond memories of this even though it is shit. You kids these days have it lucky.

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2018, 10:38:48 AM »
Globe opnion has the worst editing thats for sure. Any early thrasher video is pretty bad, random throw away footage with a random punk song thrown overtop.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2018, 10:59:43 AM »
The Storm was the best worst video ever.

Mr. Fink

« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2018, 11:32:55 AM »
Most of these videos would have been sick if they had a different soundtrack. Imagine how good Zoo York State of Mind could have been if it had better songs.

TITANIUM NIPPLES

• Rep: -5
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2018, 11:38:38 AM »
I have fond memories of this even though it is shit. You kids these days have it lucky.

When this came out we used to watch the jump ramp section and then head out to the shitty one we had built in my friend's cul-de-sac.  It was still an era where kids were often trying to figure things out from magazine photos and whatever video you could find. Plus, Natas footage always just looked so sick.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2018, 11:48:18 AM »
I'm loving this romp through some of the worst videos of my childhood.

The Beginning might take the cake, solely for introducing the world to the blandness of Figgy.

What If? wasn't great, but I've got a soft spot for it. Plus, Evan Schiefelbine's part is a feel-good sleeper hit, and people on here love Ronnie Creager.

Has anyone said Slaughterhouse yet? People love to praise that video because some of the team got famous, but it was so fucking awful. Medicore skating, bad editing, bad filming, everyone dropped the ball with that one.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2018, 12:44:28 PM »
Cataclysmic Abyss is pretty awful, minus Nuge and Duffel's parts.  I'll give another vote to The Beginning as well.  Nesser's part is the only one that I rewatch from that video.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2018, 12:46:06 PM »
not the worst, but Mystery 'Black & White' was a huge letdown after how great the Mystery promo was in New Blood
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2018, 01:22:05 PM »
How does that birdhouse vid count. I'd rather not think the point of this thread is to shoot fish in a barrel.  I mentioned menackmati cause it was a shit bomb combined with fact that it was supposed to be a state of the art represtation of skating at that time by the biggest and best in the industry.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

HangtenNoseblunt

« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2018, 01:31:11 PM »
i remember wanting to rewatch emericas yellow but wasnt able to

HangtenNoseblunt

« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2018, 01:37:04 PM »
just tried again and yea its really hard to sit through

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2018, 01:56:30 PM »
I'm loving this romp through some of the worst videos of my childhood.

The Beginning might take the cake, solely for introducing the world to the blandness of Figgy David Loy.

What If? wasn't great, but I've got a soft spot for it. Plus, Evan Schiefelbine's part is a feel-good sleeper hit, and people on here love Ronnie Creager.

Has anyone said Slaughterhouse yet? People love to praise that video because some of the team got famous, but it was so fucking awful. Medicore skating, bad editing, bad filming, everyone dropped the ball with that one.
[/b]

Regarding Creager: You mean it as in "people on here love creager and i do not get it" or "people on here love creager but still give the video shit"- really curious!
I liked it but did not think of stuff like editing and all that back then so i might have to rewatch it!

Slaughterhouese: I hated that video SOOO much when it came out, might have been because i was still on some SD influenced tech video mindset (wich was pretty aweful too in hindsight with only 6 tricks allowed unless you were smolik)......later on when i found out there were different kinds of skating i started to love slaughterhouse!

you have to keep in mind i am from a more rural area in europe wich means we are a couple of years late on skate shit usually....

when i was in vegas i randomly dropped by desert breeze park and even more randomly sammy baca was there with his family (girl and first son back then) and he was such a humble and nice guy

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2018, 03:32:14 PM »
Tracker Hi8 is pretty terrible, dudes just gave whatever they didn't want
There's a Gullwing video from the early 90s that sucks
Da deal is Dead and H street lick have been called worst videos ever before,
I think they're perfect messes.
There's a lot of early to mid 90s videos
Most people on here have never heard of that are really terrible

Maybe because it was one of my first videos but I love Da Deal is Dead. Single clip Half Cab flips on flat in slow motion baby!

Also always loved this lil throwback to it:

notcool

« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2018, 03:39:44 PM »
Expand Quote
To me it's Flip Extremely sorry... Maybe my hopes we're just too high being a kid who grew up on sorry/really sorry ?
[close]
Yeah they blew it with the animation and that one dude who did the soundtrack for the video. It’s really fucking sad how bad that video came out with sorry/really sorry being so legit. I grew up on those videos too. I got the flipside dvd with money from my first job in 6th grade
the only good part to me was rowleys at least he skated to a real person playing a real song even if it was a cover.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1062
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2018, 03:58:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Skate More was an insult to the people who were in it.*

It felt like the parts were edited by all different people with different project ideas and i'm guessing the monty python segways were enjoyable for that huge range of skateboarders who are notorious for loving monty python?

*What I wouldn't give to see a new shared Busenitz/Zered part set to Sabbath, that part was a super exception.
[close]
Well I liked skate more, daewon part, dill part I liked, fuckin Chico.)
Expand Quote
Deadbolt trucks parental advisory is my guilty pleasure. The slam section is gwar’s sick of you—couldn’t find it.

Here is Aaron Deeter’s part (I am guessing he did not select his song):

[close]

Some good sit in this clip.  Question; was the vert skater 'aaron deeter' on zorlac in the late 80s a different person?  He invented Ollie blunts to fakie as I remember.

Same guy. He has a nice part in the Zorlac video around the same time. If you put his part in the Polar video I don’t think anyone would be the wiser that it’s from 27 years ago.