Author Topic: Worst skate video ever  (Read 19583 times)

Swithflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Worst skate video ever
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2018, 04:00:56 PM »
People are crazy in here. The thread name is: worst skate video ever. How Menikimati could be worse than We Are Blood and Flat earth?

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2018, 04:05:21 PM »
To me it's Flip Extremely sorry... Maybe my hopes we're just too high being a kid who grew up on sorry/really sorry ?

pizza bitch

• Rep: 129
  • mhmmmmmmmm
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2018, 04:15:45 PM »
The new Business & Company video

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2018, 05:17:49 PM »
Videos days. What kind of videos only has 5 parts and a vert part that isn't good.

haydtang

• Rep: -20
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2018, 05:23:17 PM »
Just finished watching Ty Evan Flat earth and all that I can say is that it is the worst skate movie i ever watched, bad music, bad editing, bad filming and chase the rapist webb
:o :-* 100

Mongoloid

« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2018, 05:27:45 PM »
I was hyped to watch Asian Goddess in full given the unfuckwithable lineup, but it is quite possibly the most poorly filmed professional video I've ever seen.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -677
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2018, 06:10:09 PM »
Expand Quote
That Blind What If video was really bad.
[close]

No way. Ronnie had a solid part. James Craig skating to a personalized Murs song. Plus his ender was ridiculous. Evan Schiefelbine, Aaron Artis, and Corey Sheppard all had solid parts. And the first Dumcombe part if I remember correctly. Then you have Carlos Ruiz's who had one of the most hated parts of all time. I think the only person to top that was Sinner in Theatrix. Regardless of how you feel about that part, you cant say it isnt legendary.

It wasn't a good video, but I think it's far from one of the worst.

And sorry to all the old dudes, but Animal Chin is terrible. Those fucking skits...
That's how i feel about the old girl/chocolate videos. Corny ass skits left and right
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

ComTruise

« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2018, 06:54:05 PM »
Expedition's "Gone Fishin" was an insult to the people who were in it.

Agreed.

Flip '3'
Most Creature vids
new Etnies vid
hollowed ground
united by fate (skating was good)
birdhouse the beginning
away days had a lot of potential but way too long, boring, fucked up color, etc.

LeeMarvin

« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2018, 06:54:12 PM »
Caught Clean was trash. H-Street Lick is bad, but it perfectly captures the moment in time when I realized skateboarding was a thing the cool bad kids who did drugs did and that I wanted to be a dirtbag too, so I’ll always have a soft spot in my heart for it.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1307
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2018, 06:55:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Skate More was an insult to the people who were in it.*

It felt like the parts were edited by all different people with different project ideas and i'm guessing the monty python segways were enjoyable for that huge range of skateboarders who are notorious for loving monty python?

*What I wouldn't give to see a new shared Busenitz/Zered part set to Sabbath, that part was a super exception.
[close]
Well I liked skate more, daewon part, dill part I liked, fuckin Chico.)
Expand Quote
Deadbolt trucks parental advisory is my guilty pleasure. The slam section is gwar’s sick of you—couldn’t find it.

Here is Aaron Deeter’s part (I am guessing he did not select his song):

[close]

Some good sit in this clip.  Question; was the vert skater 'aaron deeter' on zorlac in the late 80s a different person?  He invented Ollie blunts to fakie as I remember.
[close]

Same guy. He has a nice part in the Zorlac video around the same time. If you put his part in the Polar video I don’t think anyone would be the wiser that it’s from 27 years ago.

I heard Emile is gonna skate to She's My Ex in the next Polar joint.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2018, 07:07:15 PM »
not gunna lie, that deadbolt part/ song brings back lots of good memories
nostalgia's a bitch isn't it?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2018, 02:36:38 PM »
Never seen that Deadbolt part until today. Some of that looks like it wouldn't have been fit for a sponsor me tape in 1989 while some of it is impressive today.

Nostalgic nineties vibes all the way.

Fuck waiting for that kids on a miniramp though.

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2018, 04:09:25 PM »
Another vote for the beginning. Not sure I've ever seen David Loy or Jeremy Klein's parts because I'm too busy face palming from their intros. Always thought it was funny that Brian Sumner was obviously falling off even though he said before his part started that his career was just beginning.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2018, 04:13:26 PM »
The skating was good in the Alva and hosoi videos but they tried to have this trippy double screen thing that sucks pretty hard.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2018, 04:47:00 PM »
fully flared is way too fucking long/theatrical, ty evans needs to chill the fuck out

This (beside Pappalardo’s part) and Pretty Sweet put me to sleep for some reason.  I remember hating Blind’s What If as well.  Cheesiest soundtrack.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Ron corp

• Rep: -1
« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2018, 05:10:49 PM »
Every Ty Evans videos because they are not aging well. I even stopped watching his last production since Pretty Sweet.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2018, 05:51:25 PM »
I want to slap the piss out of everyone who said Menikmati. You're a bunch of fucking philistines.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2018, 06:26:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Atm click had a video I hated at the time. I should rewatch it, it's probably fuckin amazing now
[close]

Whoa whoa whoa! If you’re referencing “Fast Youth” I hugely disagree.

I was talking about come together, the one with Tom penny clips. And yep, rewatched and its fuckin amazing
Gentleman ninja warlock

chirs

• Rep: 1
  • i have diarrhea every single day
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2018, 06:27:16 PM »
i was like 13 when they came out but i remember watching slaughterhouse and what if and noticing how poorly they were thrown together. it was the first time i realized how bad fisheye steadyshot clips looked. you could see the lens hoods on the mk2s moving around in half of what if

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2018, 06:54:46 PM »
i was like 13 when they came out but i remember watching slaughterhouse and what if and noticing how poorly they were thrown together. it was the first time i realized how bad fisheye steadyshot clips looked. you could see the lens hoods on the mk2s moving around in half of what if
I thought What If was decent video, what I think sabotaged it was music rights stuff, I love the Dandy Warhols but Creager skated to one of their worst songs, it seemed like someone had a deal with a label and was given 30 or so songs that they wanted to promote and had to make those work. all I know of Slaughter house was I watched RagDolls part a few years post just to see what it was about.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2018, 06:57:18 PM »
Another vote for the beginning. Jeremy Klein's parts because I'm too busy face palming from their intros.
When Weaboos Attack

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2018, 07:21:11 PM »
Every Ty Evans videos because they are not aging well. I even stopped watching his last production since Pretty Sweet.

Have you not seen Genesis you fucking Jerk? It pains me to defend Ty Evans, but if you don't think Genesis didn't age well, you're a hoe.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2018, 07:56:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expedition's "Gone Fishin" was an insult to the people who were in it.
[close]

Agreed.

Flip '3'
Most Creature vids
new Etnies vid
hollowed ground
united by fate (skating was good)
birdhouse the beginning
away days had a lot of potential but way too long, boring, fucked up color, etc.

Was waiting for this one.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2018, 08:30:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Have you not seen Genesis you fucking Jerk? It pains me to defend Ty Evans, but if you don't think Genesis didn't age well, you're a hoe.

And NBA Jam was a video game on the Sega Genesis.  You should at least TRY to hide your bias.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Dead Ringers

« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2018, 08:48:28 PM »
How did Bill Weiss not have one friend who could be like "Hey Bill, you're not a good filmer, please stop''.

Remember when Unicron would put random DVD's in your order when you'd order a bunch? Basically those were the worst videos.

farisskates

• Rep: 1
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2018, 10:11:29 PM »
Seen so many of my favorite videos on here. I am just a fan of skating.

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2018, 11:39:07 PM »
Deca 2nd to none...
The promo that came out a year before was amazing, then the actual video was a bunch of funboxes and flatbars set up in dumb ways inside the dwindle warehouse.  I was so fuckin weirded out.  Brian Hoard has the only good part.  Also not fair to blame the team because Daewon, Haslam, Greathouse etc all had killer parts after the fact.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2018, 03:45:53 AM »
I'm loving this romp through some of the worst videos of my childhood.

The Beginning might take the cake, solely for introducing the world to the blandness of Figgy.

Has anyone said Slaughterhouse yet? People love to praise that video because some of the team got famous, but it was so fucking awful. Medicore skating, bad editing, bad filming, everyone dropped the ball with that one.

the beginning was a shit video but i don't think that figgy is bland. i like his skating and his instagram posts.

as for slaughterhouse, i really like that video and ragdoll's part in it is his best. good songs also.

the worst video i've seen was blind 'this is not a test'. some of the clips are silent (no skate sounds) which is unforgivable for me.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 878
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2018, 09:22:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I thought What If was decent video, what I think sabotaged it was music rights stuff, I love the Dandy Warhols but Creager skated to one of their worst songs, it seemed like someone had a deal with a label and was given 30 or so songs that they wanted to promote and had to make those work. all I know of Slaughter house was I watched RagDolls part a few years post just to see what it was about.

I mean Creager's song was boring but what I mostly remember was Grant Patterson skating to Black Moon is incredible. Jake Brown skating to Stevie Wonder and that dude who did a kf melon over hollywood high fence skating to Marvin Gaye couldn't have been cheap. I also thought Evan Schieffelbine's song was rad too.

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2018, 07:19:52 PM »
The Bootleg video. Scott Kane changed the game with that part, so many nbd's, but the editing is fucking unbearable. At the time, even my parents (who casually would sit in and watch vids with us) were like "what is this shit?"