Author Topic: girl "doll"  (Read 43968 times)

Budgie Lasek

Re: girl "doll"
« Reply #240 on: October 28, 2018, 02:46:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
   I hope it does not include girls brand of irony/humor.  if they released somthing that wasn't either taking the piss or trying to be feel good it would shock people and also would be super refreshing.  Girl needs a 'refresh'.  Love the company really although I'm a critique.
[close]

this is near the core of the problem w/ crail. their whole irony angle reeks of insecurity and no real direction like we don't have any good ideas so lets just act crazy!!!
[close]

This is exactly what ruined the video for me

Sounds like a few comments from people who have no idea about branding or producing a legitimate, consistent product. It's hilarious that showing a team enjoying themselves and not trying to seem uber-serious all the time is what "ruined" a video for you.  ;D

But yeah, every skate video should be super serious, and as close to a carbon copy of a Fat Bill edit as possible. Pfft...

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 257
« Reply #241 on: October 28, 2018, 03:02:36 PM »
Girl using Beastie boys and LCD sound system is fucking cringe worthy. Is it because they are friends with them and don't have to pay? Is it because they are musical geniuses?

Either way, it felt forced and gross.

The skating from the new dudes was amazing. But the music killed it for me.

Brophy was a let down.

Better than past videos. On mute.

Didn’t they already have a vid with that used beastie boys and lcd songs from the same albums

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #242 on: October 28, 2018, 03:05:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Girl using Beastie boys and LCD sound system is fucking cringe worthy. Is it because they are friends with them and don't have to pay? Is it because they are musical geniuses?

Either way, it felt forced and gross.

The skating from the new dudes was amazing. But the music killed it for me.

Brophy was a let down.

Better than past videos. On mute.
[close]

Didn’t they already have a vid with that used beastie boys and lcd songs from the same albums

Sebo skated to shadrach in the dvd version of the flare
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

fang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #243 on: October 28, 2018, 03:33:42 PM »
Video was decent. New guys were good plus Carroll and McCrank. People being hella critical of Crailtap.

no life

• Rep: -31
« Reply #244 on: October 28, 2018, 03:58:32 PM »
was quite surprised to see that they thanked nike, cons, and adidas.

then again they also thanked themselves (crailtap, lakai, chocolate, etc.).
#core #fucking #skating

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #245 on: October 28, 2018, 05:18:05 PM »
Off topic from discussing this video, but, one thing that bothers me about Crail is that it seems like they're releasing a new series of boards literally every single week. What's the need in producing that many different series of boards? Are there any other companies out there that release as many different series as Crail does? I love Crail, always have and always will. I'm 40 years old and don't get to skate much at all these days. A deck lasts me forever nowadays, and I hate when I buy a new deck and within a month it's "old." That's a personal stupid opinion of my own I know, but I just don't get why any skateboard hard goods company needs to produce so many different runs of decks. And if it's true that Crail is struggling financially, you would think they would tone this down.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1610
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #246 on: October 28, 2018, 05:53:34 PM »
This doesn't really offend me but sam smyth was just pointing out how shops only have so many spots on the wall....so why drop so many?  I get always wanting new and cornering shops into buying the whole line, but I thought it'd be more flexible now...why not just make one good graphic and keep running it.

The crail stuff just hits the sale rack and then it had a fighting chance....

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1453
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #247 on: October 28, 2018, 07:30:53 PM »
Cruising around today and saw this plate that got me hella bummed.

APPL3

• Rep: 0
« Reply #248 on: October 28, 2018, 10:59:30 PM »
Great video.