Author Topic: Worst outfits in skating  (Read 13262 times)

newguy

Re: Worst outfits in skating
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2021, 01:48:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Vans old skool black/white or nike dunk/blazer low black with white swoosh
Dickies brown or black
thrasher/dime/quartersnacks/polar hoodie black or grey if savvy some bright color or pattern
Over grown hair/buzzed hair
supreme/dime/quartersnacks/polar/welcome Beanie or dad hat
[close]

Fuck I've been running this look for nearly two decades from since when it was almost impossible to even find classic vans or blazers. I don't do brand names on my shirts/jumpers or beanies tho. 
I have this weird OCD tho with functionality and also this obsession with stock/basics so i can see how it's not enough featch for youngsters.
[close]
Mystical Leader what the fuck do you wear
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dickies brown or black
thrasher/dime/quartersnacks/polar hoodie black or grey if savvy some bright color or pattern
[close]

This is a weird take... Just say you hate Johnny Wilson and Friends in the unpopular opinion thread.

Blueberry Jerry is the top offender. Any defense I have ever given him has been negated by that "if you guys knew how much money I make" rant he posted on tik tok or whatever the fuck.
[close]

It's just that it's so uninspired, bland and generic skater boy look. You should at least try..

Might as well add

Polar pants
Carhartt pants
Pants in general

Also if you wear nb 99x you're a kook. Yes they are comfy but that's not why you bought them.

I will say I was wrong about Bam's scarfs. You definitely can't have too many scarfs
[close]
Do you wear skinny jeans and fallens or something. And how the fuck do you hate long hair and buzz cuts are you mad that you’re bald or something. But Dane Vaughn dresses like he’s bout to go sing YMCA.
[close]

I might post a fit later but usually I wear stuff that's made for me or made by myself. For silhouettes I dress from baggy to 501's. Maybe a croptop here and there. I have long arms so I like to play that up sometimes. I don't really like it restrict myself to a certain look. Sometimes I'm like a 1700's duke and the next day 1920's railroad worker. Lately I've been inspired by color schemes of washed blue and dark greens like pine woods in the dark green.  I don't do skate brands not even skate shoes.. I mainly skate chuck70s (I know such a unique choice). Buzz cut makes skaters look like skinny rats. You should get a proper hair cut if you think you have style.

Having your basics down is a start but looking like every other skater/poser doesn't mean you have style even if skaterboi look was all over the past couple of years..

One more fit I could think of: your sponsors logo T where you can still see the folds, ill fitting khakis and an energy drink cap/beanie

for I am above such commoners, I only partake in wooden board trickeries wearing the finest silk trousers and breeches. My silk stockings of course are knitted by hand and my shoes shined by the finest artisans in the land, I bow my tricorne upon your follies common man and your horrible dirty clothes 🧐

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2021, 02:19:12 AM »
Personality comes from the person not the clothes. You can't dress you're way into being interesting.
 I'm sure you're nice enough in real life and have friends who can kind of tolerate you but I can guarantee nobody sees your clothes and doesn't think you're a clown.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -132
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2021, 03:06:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dickies brown or black
[close]

Fuck I've been running this look for nearly two decades from since when it was almost impossible to even find classic vans or blazers. I don't do brand names on my shirts/jumpers or beanies tho. 
I have this weird OCD tho with functionality and also this obsession with stock/basics so i can see how it's not enough featch for youngsters.
[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dickies brown or black
[close]

This is a weird take... Just say you hate Johnny Wilson and Friends in the unpopular opinion thread.

Blueberry Jerry is the top offender. Any defense I have ever given him has been negated by that "if you guys knew how much money I make" rant he posted on tik tok or whatever the fuck.
[close]

It's just that it's so uninspired, bland and generic skater boy look. You should at least try..

Might as well add

Polar pants
Carhartt pants
Pants in general

Also if you wear nb 99x you're a kook. Yes they are comfy but that's not why you bought them.

I will say I was wrong about Bam's scarfs. You definitely can't have too many scarfs
[close]
Do you wear skinny jeans and fallens or something. And how the fuck do you hate long hair and buzz cuts are you mad that you’re bald or something. But Dane Vaughn dresses like he’s bout to go sing YMCA.
[close]

I might post a fit later but usually I wear stuff that's made for me or made by myself. For silhouettes I dress from baggy to 501's. Maybe a croptop here and there. I have long arms so I like to play that up sometimes. I don't really like it restrict myself to a certain look. Sometimes I'm like a 1700's duke and the next day 1920's railroad worker. Lately I've been inspired by color schemes of washed blue and dark greens like pine woods in the dark green.  I don't do skate brands not even skate shoes.. I mainly skate chuck70s (I know such a unique choice). Buzz cut makes skaters look like skinny rats. You should get a proper hair cut if you think you have style.

Having your basics down is a start but looking like every other skater/poser doesn't mean you have style even if skaterboi look was all over the past couple of years..

One more fit I could think of: your sponsors logo T where you can still see the folds, ill fitting khakis and an energy drink cap/beanie
[close]

for I am above such commoners, I only partake in wooden board trickeries wearing the finest silk trousers and breeches. My silk stockings of course are knitted by hand and my shoes shined by the finest artisans in the land, I bow my tricorne upon your follies common man and your horrible dirty clothes 🧐

Please, did I hit a nerve? I will say silk trousers are nice in the summer time.

Personality comes from the person not the clothes. You can't dress you're way into being interesting.
 I'm sure you're nice enough in real life and have friends who can kind of tolerate you but I can guarantee nobody sees your clothes and doesn't think you're a clown.

This and same goes for your music taste. You gotta be comfortable in what you are wearing. I just like what I like. And of course my friends ridicule me I wouldn't have it any other way hahah. But it doesn't stop me expressing who I am through style.

Nice to see people take it so personal when their generic fashion style is criticized.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

• Rep: 0
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2021, 03:22:14 AM »
Can't take slim fitting pants seriously even though I once did. I am guilty of trying to look like "This is Skateboarding Reynolds". In 20 years of skateboarding....it was a blip on the radar.... and the Greco shit was always corny as fuck.
Icehead

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -209
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2021, 03:56:29 AM »
Dad hats
Blind jeans revival
Camo
Cargos
Camo cargos
Dyed hair
Contrived thrift store look
Puffy shoes

Modern-day Supreme team, EC Melodi, and late 90’s San Diego really take the cake.

Adrian del Campo

Also, Breezeana and Kadow dress nearly identical.  ;D
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2021, 04:21:48 AM »
Dad hats
Blind jeans revival
Camo
Cargos
Camo cargos
Dyed hair
Puffy shoes

Modern-day Supreme team, EC Melodi, and late 90’s San Diego really take the cake.

Adrian del Campo

I've never understood the dad hat hate, like what do you prefer? A Fred Durst new era cap?

Only headwear I really can't get behind are those condom beanies with the floppy bit on top, shit's wack

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2021, 04:49:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Dad hats
Blind jeans revival
Camo
Cargos
Camo cargos
Dyed hair
Puffy shoes

Adrian del Campo

[close]
I've never understood the dad hat hate, like what do you prefer? A Fred Durst new era cap?

Only headwear I really can't get behind are those condom beanies with the floppy bit on top, shit's wack

Red Yankees hats are also a violation.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2021, 04:53:48 AM »
The worst fits are the ones that just don't work on somebody's frame.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2021, 05:01:33 AM »
I don't really care if the fit is wacky, but if you are clearly copying a new  fad, it is cringe, if you are being a silly goose with your own identity, do you.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2021, 05:04:27 AM »
if you aren’t wearing thrasher sweatpants and a rick and morty backwoods hoodie you’re a clown

bonus points if you do your line while looking at your phone

warmonke

« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2021, 05:18:20 AM »
if you aren’t wearing thrasher sweatpants and a rick and morty backwoods hoodie you’re a clown

bonus points if you do your line while looking at your phone
Don't forget the airpods

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2021, 06:05:02 AM »
Dad hats
Blind jeans revival
Camo
Cargos
Camo cargos
Dyed hair
Puffy shoes

Adrian del Campo

yes

newguy

« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2021, 06:12:13 AM »
Nice to see people take it so personal when their generic fashion style is criticized.

I think you’re conflating us clowning your generic “contemporary clothes bad” takes with “taking it personally”. No one on this site cares all that much about clothes, i dress like a bum and I don’t care what anyone thinks, that’s it. Perhaps If you didn’t lampoon basic everyday clothes in your posts we would be more receptive to your opinion.

Ps: post a fit in the relevant thread, we don’t judge and it’s positive vibes only.

newguy

« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2021, 06:13:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yes

I require images to illustrate this as I have never encountered this type of specimen before.

warmonke

« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2021, 06:20:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
yes
[close]

I require images to illustrate this as I have never encountered this type of specimen before.
I'm assuming he means Tyson Peterson type shit

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2021, 06:24:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dickies brown or black
[close]

[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dickies brown or black
[close]

[close]

Might as well add

Polar pants
Carhartt pants
Pants in general

[close]
[close]

Mystical Leader = Richie Jackson, confirmed.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2021, 06:36:53 AM »
Contemporary: See Clive Dixon in a wife beater and dusty ass fitting jeans

Past: Quick one that comes to mind is Braydon Sza following in Grecs footsteps dabbling in pirate-esque 77 glam punk territory

I remember some Slapper referred to him as “BEEF Kirchart”   ;D
ableSkateMag.com

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2021, 08:14:37 AM »
Contemporary: See Clive Dixon in a wife beater and dusty ass fitting jeans

Past: Quick one that comes to mind is Braydon Sza following in Grecs footsteps dabbling in pirate-esque 77 glam punk territory

I'm assuming you haven't seen that new Braydon part that was on Thrasher last week.  Never have I seen so much terrible outfits in one part. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2021, 09:50:44 AM »
I’m learning that appropriately fitting pants are considered tight. Good to know.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -132
« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2021, 01:33:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think you’re conflating us clowning your generic “contemporary clothes bad” takes with “taking it personally”. No one on this site cares all that much about clothes, i dress like a bum and I don’t care what anyone thinks, that’s it. Perhaps If you didn’t lampoon basic everyday clothes in your posts we would be more receptive to your opinion.

Ps: post a fit in the relevant thread, we don’t judge and it’s positive vibes only.

It's all love and dress as you wish but this thread is about style. I think for me it is that the flow for 917 in 2017 just looks dated and in the context of fashion yesterdays fits are always the worst. 

Richies problem is that it's too much of gimmick and one dimensional.

IpathCats

« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2021, 06:16:50 AM »
Headphones at the skatepark, worst accessory of all time. Not only do you look dumb, but you're removing yourself from the situation and creating more opportunities for accidents. Just be present and aware, is that so much to ask?

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2021, 07:05:48 AM »
I used to skate with his guy who did not a fuck about how anything looked. I once saw him wear two different types of socks. Not just colors, not just brands, he on had one pink thin dress sock on and one blue no show sock. When confronted about this he said "What? I have on socks."

We're no longer friends.

somefucker

« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2021, 07:18:09 AM »
anything burberry error is wearing.

the 'sad boi' longsleeve/hoodie with roses or hearts, colored camo, jordans combo = 10 years dungeon

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2021, 07:21:08 AM »
I like how we as a community all kook on helmets and pads at the park but as soon as someone has headphones in it’s instantly too hazardous and unsafe.

Can we just admit it’s bozo behavior cause it’s lame, not cuz we think it’s dangerous.

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2021, 07:21:20 AM »
I used to skate with his guy who did not a fuck about how anything looked. I once saw him wear two different types of socks. Not just colors, not just brands, he on had one pink thin dress sock on and one blue no show sock. When confronted about this he said "What? I have on socks."

We're no longer friends.

Sounds like he won

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2021, 07:28:35 AM »
Helmets never bothered me.
I found giving props for no helmet much more annoying. Oh wow someone scratched coping with no helmet what a legend. Meanwhile helmet wearers are doing every type of 540 and 720 in a run

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2021, 07:36:45 AM »
I like how we as a community all kook on helmets and pads at the park but as soon as someone has headphones in it’s instantly too hazardous and unsafe.

Can we just admit it’s bozo behavior cause it’s lame, not cuz we think it’s dangerous.

Wearing headphones is unsafe for people around you, as well as yourself. Not wearing a helmet affects yourself, and only yourself.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 235
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2021, 08:26:38 AM »
Dad hats
Blind jeans revival
Camo
Cargos
Camo cargos
Dyed hair
Puffy shoes

Adrian del Campo

Also, Breezeana and Kadow dress nearly identical. ;D

Breezy pulls it off way better tho

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2021, 08:28:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Dad hats
Blind jeans revival
Camo
Cargos
Camo cargos
Dyed hair
Puffy shoes

Adrian del Campo

Also, Breezeana and Kadow dress nearly identical. ;D
[close]

Breezy pulls it off way better tho

They both look like they pull off pretty often......
(They look like wankers)

flippy lippy

• Rep: -23
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2021, 08:32:00 AM »
Headphones at the skatepark, worst accessory of all time. Not only do you look dumb, but you're removing yourself from the situation and creating more opportunities for accidents. Just be present and aware, is that so much to ask?

I only put my headphones in when you show up