Author Topic: element premiere  (Read 5749 times)

shouldn't

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
element premiere
« on: September 28, 2018, 10:09:55 PM »
who went? whose got some juicy details... c'monn

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
Re: element premiere
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 10:29:00 PM »
Just saw on someone’s story that Nassim turned pro

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2301
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 10:32:18 PM »
It ended about a half hour ago. Saw some clip of Mason dramtically pushing down the street on an IG story. About fucking time for Nassim

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

thebacker

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 10:32:43 PM »
Just saw on someone’s story that Nassim turned pro
LETS GO

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 10:51:27 PM »
Who’s nassim? Also no cookie pro model?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 12:10:25 AM »
Just got back, still high. Westgate had first part- heavy as expected 2 full songs a ton of footage. Mason had last part following mind bending parts from Jaako, Madars & Evan. Tyson's part was a standout. Nyjah/ Dominick Walker shared a part. Nassim and Ethan Loy both had some amazing stuff in their parts.
 All inall lived up to the Video of the Year hype, heavy parts all the way through very little filler and no fucky filming or editing beyond using slo mo pretty heavily, mostly warranted. Can't wait to see it all the way through again, would probably watch Madars part again first.   

IHOP

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 12:42:13 AM »
SPOILERS

first part, westgate skates to two operation ivy songs, one being caution.  By no means his heaviest part, but any westgate footage is great footage, a lot of good stuff.  his ender is the thrasher cover and for once the footage made it look more insane than the photo.

next is tyson, rail heavy part of course but a few more lines than usual.  Skates to something a little tribal (is that offensive?) drum beating/didgeridoo type song.  3 "enders", the third last is one of the more insane rails ive seen, triple kink ending with a flat,  gap over a perpendicular rail to drop.  People were going nuts, he then does the rail he eats shit on in KOTR, and his final ender is a feeble down a double kink rail pop out.

Pretty sure nassim is next, skates to sailin on by bad brains.  besides skating to the most played out skate video punk band, his part was gnarly.  lots of powerful stuff, good tricks, back 360's the sf flat gap that mason full cabs in the trailer, big gap to back lip a double kink, ender is back 3 a big set and then back 3 off a smaller drop after it.  second favorite part for sure.

Ethan Loy proves to be his own person and not just davids brother.  Good part but tons of slo-mo that I dont think was super necessary.  His second to ender trick was wallie boardslide a double kink rail, the one jamie foy feebled.

Gonna summarize a bit and mix the order, nick garcia's ender is back noseblunt the wall at garfield in seattle, throughout his part appleyard and chad tim tim have tricks. Julian davidson skates to a song that could have been in the etnies video.  greyson flethcer has a line heavy skatepark part.  dominic walker has a heavy part and shared with nyjah, who has some of the craziest tricks in the video but nobody cares because its nyjah.  back smith el toro, nollie back 5050 el toro, sw 5050 an 18 rail, sw back hurricane that smaller rail in san diego.

Jakko Ojanen has a crazy part, quick footed tech mixed with a few big rails and high pops.  too much to mention, some noteable one was the first trick, (sw?) frontside flip up and down this super skinny bump/launch ramp type thing, drawing a blank with other specifics.

Madars Apse is on a similar tip with lower impact tech tricks, a lot that make no sense.  again lots of gif worthy/noteable tricks in this part, the one that comes to mind is ollie to rock-ollie on the bar over that famous bump over rail in barcelona.

Evan smith has a wild part, doesnt skate to his own music I dont think  ;)  Want to say his ender is either the sw front wallride from the thrasher article, or 540 off the street launch ramp thing mentioned earlier, they skate that bump quite a bit.

Mason ends the video, first trick is a giant lipslide on a bump to bar off loading dock type setup, one from an indy ad i think it was.  Ton of good stuff in his part, my favorite part for sure.  It was cut very fast trick after trick so it didnt seem as "epic" as some of the other parts.  Two shorter songs, his ender is pretty insane and hard to explain.  Its the spot karsten kleppan tre flips in chronicles 3, and he does ollie 180 to sw back wallride over the bar.  So approaching the bar fronstide, front 180 and sort of reverts on the wall then takes it down.  people were going nuts it was pretty loud in there.

OVERALL the video was definitely a force to be reckoned with, a lot of slow mo and epic looking shots.  More wallie/late shove/quick foot tech tricks than I expected, but also a lot of rails too. the editing was pretty classic element with a lot of red and name titles with artsy slow mo/photos.  Miner did a good job but I will say there was a lot of contrast, very fast quick parts to slow and kind of boring editing on other parts.

Sorry if i messed up the order, left specifics out its hard to remember.

IHOP

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 12:48:56 AM »
Oh yea and nassim went pro afterwards but it was kind of awkward, the guy who had the mic goes "ok wait, everyone dont leave just yet i want to say some important things" and launches into this story about nassim and bam, its pretty obvious nassim is about to be pro, but he drags out this thing and is sort of fumbling.  He then asks the team to all come up and people start slowly walking up then bam brings out nassims board. 

Maybe people felt different but honestly felt pretty anticlimactic and people wernt really cheering it was kind of quiet in the theater.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 829
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 02:53:34 AM »

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2018, 03:05:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Who’s nassim?
[close]

fuck off
Fuck me  for not knowing every fucking random skater on element. This is the first I’ve ever heard this dudes name on slap ever.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 829
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2018, 03:28:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Who’s nassim?
[close]

fuck off
[close]
Fuck me  for not knowing every fucking random skater on element. This is the first I’ve ever heard this dudes name on slap ever.

JMSneep

• Rep: 147
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2018, 03:34:19 AM »
This is more recent, from our video in 2016. Nassim has been pro forever, really. Well deserved!

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2018, 04:11:18 AM »
No Tim Tim, Levy and Appleyard parts?

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2018, 04:50:25 AM »
Wow this video sounds amazing. I saw somewhere it will be posted online October 16

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2018, 05:00:45 AM »
Fuck me  for not knowing every fucking random skater on element.

real shit. maybe i don't name my sneezes and remember everytime i fart too like yall anklebiters
nobody says “rootin tootin” anymore to describe how gas the session was and it makes me sick

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2018, 06:36:00 AM »
This is more recent, from our video in 2016. Nassim has been pro forever, really. Well deserved!

Holy shit that stair gap front 180 to sw 50 on the trailer ledge @2:23 was fucked up!
unreadable trap logo

politics as usual

• Rep: -21
    • What’s in a Name Podcast avatar image
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2018, 06:41:39 AM »
Weak as fuck to hear no cookie footage.  Dude rips all terrain harder than most the team

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2018, 06:56:02 AM »
Appleyard?
wash uffize drive me to firenze

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2018, 07:38:20 AM »
No Tim Tim, Levy and Appleyard parts?
Levi? He’s not on the team anymore. TimTim and Apples were mixed in someone’s part.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 432
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2018, 08:07:18 AM »
I feel like this video is so underrated and just came out. Nassim's footage is great:

Irvine-Sucks.com

AnnihilationTime

• Rep: 5
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2018, 09:39:04 AM »
Such a bummer Brent Atchley is of element
Next thread is about how dope AA is for caveman grinding a 3 stair out-rail. Crazy times.

Damn you got a link for that?

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2018, 01:56:57 PM »
Appleyard should be kicked off element. Dude is on the team like 10 years and had one little part.

Few tricks on someone part is a fucking bummer. Dude is pretty lazy since really Sorry.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2018, 02:19:53 PM »
Appleyard should be kicked off element. Dude is on the team like 10 years and had one little part.

Few tricks on someone part is a fucking bummer. Dude is pretty lazy since really Sorry.
He'll probably be phased out after this video, per the normal team changes once a video is dropped. Another side to this is maybe Element is pushing the newer guys harder than the OGs and older riders

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2018, 02:38:33 PM »
well, technically appleyard isn't really on the official pro team anymore. if you look at the team page he is listed under 'icons' next to bam, barbee and barley. he also has maybe one board out each series as opposed to the other guys who have multiple. also, as much as i would love to see some new ray barbee or donny barley footage.. i doubt they have anything in the video. so any appleyard footage is good enough for me. the fact that he had anything in the video should get you guys stoked too.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2018, 02:45:05 PM »
well, technically appleyard isn't really on the official pro team anymore. if you look at the team page he is listed under 'icons' next to bam, barbee and barley. he also has maybe one board out each series as opposed to the other guys who have multiple. also, as much as i would love to see some new ray barbee or donny barley footage.. i doubt they have anything in the video. so any appleyard footage is good enough for me. the fact that he had anything in the video should get you guys stoked too.
Completely forgot about their icon division, huge ass team havin asses...you're right though,any Apples footy is worth it.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2018, 04:15:05 PM »

He was still killing it after Really Sorry with all the footage that went to Extremely Sorry. He started not going as hard on stuff sometime between Really Sorry and Extremely Sorry which was mostly older footage.

Either way, dude is a legend and glad to see any footage of his.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2018, 04:24:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
He'll probably be phased out after this video, per the normal team changes once a video is dropped. Another side to this is maybe Element is pushing the newer guys harder than the OGs and older riders

Most of his Extremely Sorry part was wearing circas, but dude was in globe like 5 years when Extrem. Sorry dropped.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2018, 04:27:42 PM »
Yeah, it’s kinda crazy how hard he was going for a while there.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2018, 04:32:14 PM »
Here, seriously what the fuck happened to Levi Brown? Why can’t he just be a Shady Acres element pro and put out 1min15 of footy tops every 12-18 months. That’s all I ask.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 392
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2018, 06:56:44 PM »
I thought Levi was a TM now?

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down