Author Topic: of Element, on Baker  (Read 14685 times)

somethingmustbreaknow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
Re: of Element, on Baker
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2018, 12:59:45 AM »
i'd support jacopo being on baker.

BarbaraStreisand

• Rep: -12
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2018, 02:09:50 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BocP3ktiGCH/?hl=en&taken-by=pufftuffandskatestuff

Backing this 100%, he's finally off the Euro trail that lead a lot of good skaters into the Element Oblivion:

Madars
Jarne
Nassim
Phil Zwijsen
Michael Mackrodot

the guy who was designing skate plazas a few years back and the sick squad from the EU vid a while back.
brbraaah.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2018, 04:52:40 AM »
I back this 100% and i hope he's filming a welcome to the team part. His last thrasher part was amazing, and baker will be forever in my heart.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2018, 05:19:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Best cover in quite a while.
[close]

i feel like i saw the footage of this, and it was a straight kickflip. not even like the gilette backside flip debate, this was a pretty straight on kickflip. Jaako posted it a while ago on his story, but I could be misremembering.
[close]

I'd call that a frontside flip but let's not get into that right now. Point was that dude is awesome and had a great fucking cover just recently.

That's only a fs flip if a kickflip on a hip is a fs flip

howtotictac

• Rep: 12
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2018, 06:46:17 AM »

Backing this 100%, he's finally off the Euro trail that lead a lot of good skaters into the Element Oblivion:

Madars
Jarne
Nassim
Phil Zwijsen
Michael Mackrodot

the guy who was designing skate plazas a few years back and the sick squad from the EU vid a while back.

All the guys on your list have been all over the Thrasher site recently. Mackrotd fishing lines, Phil-Jarne double part, Jarne on am scrambe, Madars on KOTR, Nassim's Vans part... I wouldn't call that Oblivion.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2018, 06:50:54 AM »
Expand Quote

Madars
Jarne
Nassim
Phil Zwijsen
Michael Mackrodot

[close]

All the guys on your list have been all over the Thrasher site recently. Mackrotd fishing lines, Phil-Jarne double part, Jarne on am scrambe, Madars on KOTR, Nassim's Vans part... I wouldn't call that Oblivion.
He said oblivion because they're everywhere but they all have like one or two boards and thats it. Take Dennis Durrant(had like three boards since he turned pro) or Lucas Xaparral from brazil( 2 boards and he's been on element brazil for a long time) as an exemple.

howtotictac

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2018, 06:59:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Madars
Jarne
Nassim
Phil Zwijsen
Michael Mackrodot

[close]

[close]
He said oblivion because they're everywhere but they all have like one or two boards and thats it. Take Dennis Durrant(had like three boards since he turned pro) or Lucas Xaparral from brazil( 2 boards and he's been on element brazil for a long time) as an exemple.

I agree Element riders that are not on the US team are definitely under valued. But their paycheck is probably still better than most Euro pros.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2018, 07:00:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Madars
Jarne
Nassim
Phil Zwijsen
Michael Mackrodot

[close]

[close]
[close]

I agree Element riders that are not on the US team are definitely under valued. But their paycheck is probably still better than most Euro pros.
I agree with you on that.

BarbaraStreisand

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2018, 08:41:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Madars
Jarne
Nassim
Phil Zwijsen
Michael Mackrodot

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I have to agree with both of you. Thanks Bruce for stepping in too.

What I mean is that they have a sick team who is creating interesting content (and probably getting paid good money) but never seem to be part of the team and is cornered to EUPRO with a board available mainly in their own country.

I really see the potential of a Jacky board brand or something similar but for me these guys are just using good money for element for doing something rad but the company isn't really recognising it.

And EuPro as fuck is not the answer.

brbraaah.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2018, 09:04:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Madars
Jarne
Nassim
Phil Zwijsen
Michael Mackrodot

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I have to agree with both of you. Thanks Bruce for stepping in too.

What I mean is that they have a sick team who is creating interesting content (and probably getting paid good money) but never seem to be part of the team and is cornered to EUPRO with a board available mainly in their own country.

I really see the potential of a Jacky board brand or something similar but for me these guys are just using good money for element for doing something rad but the company isn't really recognising it.

And EuPro as fuck is not the answer.
If Phil and Jarne quit to make Jacky skateboards i'd buy it. Element probably pays well but i really don'tdon't think they fit element.

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2018, 09:24:24 AM »
Quote from: DCLOVE
[/quote

T funks a cunt too but at least he’s talented.

This is the truth

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2018, 11:34:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

i feel like i saw the footage of this, and it was a straight kickflip. not even like the gilette backside flip debate, this was a pretty straight on kickflip. Jaako posted it a while ago on his story, but I could be misremembering.
[close]

I'd call that a frontside flip but let's not get into that right now. Point was that dude is awesome and had a great fucking cover just recently.
[close]

I mean you can do a kick flip on a hip frontside or backside right? I’d called it a frontside kickflip before I’d call it a FS Flip but this is where it gets real semantical.

Little Debbie

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2018, 12:16:17 PM »
Jacopo on baker would be sick, but somehow I don't see the connections forming to make that happen.

Zach allen is still so young. everyone kooks it a bit when they're young. give him 3 or 4 years and a growth spurt and let's see how wack his skating is then. He still seems miles behind Kader, but Kader is probly a once in a lifetime type skater.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2018, 02:02:54 PM »
Quote from: DCLOVE
[/quote
Expand Quote

T funks a cunt too but at least he’s talented.
[close]

This is the truth
t-funk has small man syndrome up to his tiny little elbows but he is amazing. Can’t wait to see baker 4

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2018, 10:55:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Why does this Zach Allen kid get so much grief?

Look at that ender roll away. Kid is awesome.
[close]

i literally cant think of anyone in skating that has so much and so little talent and horse ass style. He is just not good. at all.

c'mon, he's obviously really good. if you're gonna hate, at least hate on something true.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2018, 04:50:57 AM »
I like zach allen, he got a loose style and skates pretty fast. Maybe he's a kook personally but his skating is good. Not a top pro level, but enjoyable to watch

BarbaraStreisand

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2018, 04:59:16 AM »

If Phil and Jarne quit to make Jacky skateboards i'd buy it. Element probably pays well but i really don'tdon't think they fit element.
[/quote]

For sure! and yeah they aren't the only ones not fitting the team, actually not too many element riders fit the team.

But they pay well.
brbraaah.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2018, 06:23:35 AM »

For sure! and yeah they aren't the only ones not fitting the team, actually not too many element riders fit the team.

But they pay well.
[/quote]
Money is everything nowadays

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2018, 07:08:19 AM »
first euro baker rider in...ever ?

I know it's not  baker but was Ali ever on bootleg?
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

drunkenshredder

• Rep: -135
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2018, 08:48:53 AM »
BAKER 4 part!!!!

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2018, 09:00:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
I mean you can do a kick flip on a hip frontside or backside right? I’d called it a frontside kickflip before I’d call it a FS Flip but this is where it gets real semantical.
''kickflip approaching like you would backsideflip the hip but then dont, so like straight but frontside'';
 is not a trickname so its ''just'' a kickflip, no?

Nate.Dog

• Rep: -9
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2018, 10:09:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
''kickflip approaching like you would backsideflip the hip but then dont, so like straight but frontside'';

This logic is flawed, you're setting up a false argument, nobody has ever said that shit you just spouted off as a trick name. Yes its a kickflip, yes its basically straight, but when you tell the homies you want to kickflip the hip, and they ask you "frontside or backside?", so its not "just" a kickflip, there's an element of direction there regardless if its a true "frontside flip" or a "backside flip" like it would be on flat. Kinda like how if you go over the back on a 50-50 on a ledge, just because you didn't actually pop frontside or backside doesn't make it not a frontside or backside 50-50, its about the direction your frontside and backside are in relation to the ledge, the hip, or in this case, the massive curved wall down this set of stairs.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2018, 11:54:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

This logic is flawed, you're setting up a false argument, nobody has ever said that shit you just spouted off as a trick name. Yes its a kickflip, yes its basically straight, but when you tell the homies you want to kickflip the hip, and they ask you "frontside or backside?", so its not "just" a kickflip, there's an element of direction there regardless if its a true "frontside flip" or a "backside flip" like it would be on flat. Kinda like how if you go over the back on a 50-50 on a ledge, just because you didn't actually pop frontside or backside doesn't make it not a frontside or backside 50-50, its about the direction your frontside and backside are in relation to the ledge, the hip, or in this case, the massive curved wall down this set of stairs.

theres a clear difference between a frontside flip and a kickflip on a hip.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2018, 12:16:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

your logic is flawed, since you make it seem like im saying someone said that, calling it a false argument is in this case unvalid since i did not; I just (jokingly) reffered to the word semantical.
people were argueing trick name,
 since everyone saw the footage and can see he did not do a 180,
yet everyone understands where the general idea of calling it a fs flip comes from (hes approuching fs),
I wrote that because, no, when I "tell the homies i want to kickflip the hip" they dont ask "fs or bs", they ask: "coming from that or this way"

I wrote what I wrote because the discussion was about trick name and (spot)context was diluting it.

howtotictac

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2018, 02:37:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

theres a clear difference between a frontside flip and a kickflip on a hip.

50% of kickflips on hips are frontside. More or less...

opinionated bastard

• Rep: -179
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2018, 01:32:16 PM »
Off*

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2018, 06:58:28 PM »
i walked away from this thread with 3 things, 1. that carozzi part was sick, 2.zach allen is a mediocre skatepark hero with clout and too loose of trucks, that first back tail tap to hillbomb with wobbles immediately was pathetic, and 3 that "frontside" kickflip on that freeskatemag cover is great
#FACT shalom

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2018, 07:47:34 PM »

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2018, 08:04:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Off*
[close]
Of*
Of*
Of*

So did you just put of in the search and then scan the thread titles so that you can necro every thread that uses this affectation that for some reason bugs you? Because if you did, that is something a madman does.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2018, 02:33:47 AM »
Expand Quote

So did you just put of in the search and then scan the thread titles so that you can necro every thread that uses this affectation that for some reason bugs you? Because if you did, that is something a madman does.

somebody’s got to have standards around here