Author Topic: of Element, on Baker  (Read 14690 times)

rejectpaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
Re: of Element, on Baker
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2018, 04:21:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Best cover in quite a while.
[close]
i feel like i saw the footage of this, and it was a straight kickflip. not even like the gilette backside flip debate, this was a pretty straight on kickflip. Jaako posted it a while ago on his story, but I could be misremembering.
[close]

I'd call that a frontside flip but let's not get into that right now. Point was that dude is awesome and had a great fucking cover just recently.
[close]
That's only a fs flip if a kickflip on a hip is a fs flip
[close]
I mean you can do a kick flip on a hip frontside or backside right? I’d called it a frontside kickflip before I’d call it a FS Flip but this is where it gets real semantical.
[close]
''kickflip approaching like you would backsideflip the hip but then dont, so like straight but frontside'';
 is not a trickname so its ''just'' a kickflip, no?
[close]

This logic is flawed, you're setting up a false argument, nobody has ever said that shit you just spouted off as a trick name. Yes its a kickflip, yes its basically straight, but when you tell the homies you want to kickflip the hip, and they ask you "frontside or backside?", so its not "just" a kickflip, there's an element of direction there regardless if its a true "frontside flip" or a "backside flip" like it would be on flat. Kinda like how if you go over the back on a 50-50 on a ledge, just because you didn't actually pop frontside or backside doesn't make it not a frontside or backside 50-50, its about the direction your frontside and backside are in relation to the ledge, the hip, or in this case, the massive curved wall down this set of stairs.
[close]

theres a clear difference between a frontside flip and a kickflip on a hip.
[close]

50% of kickflips on hips are frontside. More or less...

Expand Quote

So did you just put of in the search and then scan the thread titles so that you can necro every thread that uses this affectation that for some reason bugs you? Because if you did, that is something a madman does.

Maybe correcting this?

on a side note back to the origins of the thread...

-Jacopo is amazing to watch

-I'd call it a Fronstside ]Kickflip rather than a Frontside Flip
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2018, 06:30:32 AM »

Best cover in quite a while.
Amazing cover.

Little Debbie

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2018, 07:32:10 AM »
fast forward a few weeks from my last comment and now i wouldn't be so surprised to see Jacopo and maybe Tyson parts in Baker 4

OpinionatedBastard69

• Rep: -15
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2018, 09:05:46 AM »
Expand Quote

So did you just put of in the search and then scan the thread titles so that you can necro every thread that uses this affectation that for some reason bugs you? Because if you did, that is something a madman does.

Madman like a fox

Spaghetti Croc69

• Rep: -10
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2018, 10:32:07 AM »
I feel bad for that Zack Allen kid. He looks young, and I bet if he read this message board he would be bummed the fuck out. First off the kid doesn’t seem like a kook in anyway whatsoever and seems really nice, hence why Reynolds fucks with him. Obviously he’s not the greatest skater ever, but he’s not bad by any means. If u have ability to skate the ender to that new kids in emerica vid above u are not a bad skater. He’s got a punk rock style but he’s black so I think it doesn’t translate well to slap, I just have this vibe that if he was white slap would like him better because he fits there stereotypical skater genres.

LOL boring skating is boring skating.

Also a huge fan of Jacopo. Bakers gotta be better than element euro

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2018, 10:34:50 AM »
Expand Quote
I feel bad for that Zack Allen kid. He looks young, and I bet if he read this message board he would be bummed the fuck out. First off the kid doesn’t seem like a kook in anyway whatsoever and seems really nice, hence why Reynolds fucks with him. Obviously he’s not the greatest skater ever, but he’s not bad by any means. If u have ability to skate the ender to that new kids in emerica vid above u are not a bad skater. He’s got a punk rock style but he’s black so I think it doesn’t translate well to slap, I just have this vibe that if he was white slap would like him better because he fits there stereotypical skater genres.
[close]

Yeah. Slap as a whole embodies racist ideals. You're right. Fuck Ryan Lay, while we're at it. Praise Jason Jesse. Anyone know what wheelbase The Driven uses?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2018, 10:38:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah. Slap as a whole embodies racist ideals. You're right. Fuck Ryan Lay, while we're at it. Praise Jason Jesse. Anyone know what wheelbase The Driven uses?

88 inches
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2018, 10:42:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

88 inches

Is that with Thunders or without?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2018, 10:49:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

88 inches

you really missed the opportunity to say 14.88

shame on you

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2018, 11:32:45 AM »
Oh shit I blew that pretty bad. The 14 is right fucking there!
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.