Author Topic: this is boston skateboarding  (Read 3041 times)

mikefork

this is boston skateboarding
« on: February 28, 2007, 07:22:38 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7wPCaCsJEs
the orchard shops promo video that showed before city people

FastLife

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: this is boston skateboarding
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 07:50:26 PM »
feelin it

defiantnate

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 08:06:25 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7wPCaCsJEs
the orchard shops promo video that showed before city people
Thanks, that was great. It sorta bummed me out though cause I miss skating with those dudes.

mikefork

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 08:09:40 PM »
i wish i could skate at bro's gnarly level of skating and just attack things going full speed. i am psyched that he got hoked up and is most likely having a video part in two videos sometime this year. he is by far bostons best

defiantnate

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 08:11:15 PM »
i wish i could skate at bro's gnarly level of skating, he is by far BOSTON'S BEST
I second that!

???

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 08:23:52 PM »
sick, Boston looks like fun

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 08:47:02 PM »
Orchard pwns.

kronichles

• Rep: 0
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 08:49:00 PM »
originally being from boston, I braced myself for what the fuck was to come in that promo, , but what Ive concluded is that it aint 2001 anymore.  Kevin holds it down as u-su-al, and bro is just the working mans ripper that dude just is so intense with his skating.  I was into Lee Berman's stuff too.  But it's too drastic of a change, the boston scene has too many up and coming rippers that aren't even in that promo that are just ridiculous.  They had a good spot selection too, aside from the mandatory aquarium footage, the spots/trick selection was pretty original.

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • breathmint please
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 08:51:53 PM »
But it's too drastic of a change, the boston scene has too many up and coming rippers that aren't even in that promo that are just ridiculous. 

kronic steps up, theres the point, ohhh noo, he misses it
its a skateshop promo, i would assume these up and come rippers arnt on the team so therefor there not in the promo for that skateshop
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"
Quote from: Matze
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 06:15:59 AM »
That was tight, good stuff. The last dude was gnarly, his skating is probably rad to watch in real life. I can imagine his friends fearing for his life when goes for those gnarly things.

FastLife

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 10:21:12 AM »
times have changed.  Pepper, Jahmal, and Jerry moved away.  Vanik is over it.  Panama Dan does construction and real estate.  The new crew is out there in the streets killing it.  There's a ton of rippers coming up in Boston now that aren't in that promo.  The Wisdoms come to mind.  Nate Keegan is holding it down.  Things change.  Thats life.

kronichles

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 10:24:23 AM »

its a skateshop promo, i would assume these up and come rippers arnt on the team so therefor there not in the promo for that skateshop

alright stoops, first off not every skater in boston rides for fucking orchard, of course its a skateshop promo you doucebag the shit is 6 minutes long, im saying that there are so many other dudes coming up in boston that represent "boston skateboarding" as this topic says that need to be getting coverage.

kronichles

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 10:32:05 AM »
times have changed.  Pepper, Jahmal, and Jerry moved away.  Vanik is over it.  Panama Dan does construction and real estate.  The new crew is out there in the streets killing it.  There's a ton of rippers coming up in Boston now that aren't in that promo.  The Wisdoms come to mind.  Nate Keegan is holding it down.  Things change.  Thats life.

TRUE.  It's so weird to see how many dudes have come and gone....seems like just yesterday scummy peps was selling elwood jeans to a shop that will remain nameless only to steal them back.  Jahmal was ripping AQ a couple months ago when i was back there, Jerry could still rip but the dude needs to hold down that emt steez.  Vanik.....switch flip backtails cant last forever.  PJ, Jereme and Ryan are just examples of what CAN happen.  No doubt the wisdoms are coming up, and kevin, but when i was at AQ that day i seen some kid fucking ripping, doing switch f/s 360's, hardflip reverts, and switch backside flips over the middle thing there and i remember he did a backtail big spin and kickflip back tail with fucking STEEZ off that sketchy ledge next to the water, jahmal was filming and shooting a sequence of a lipslide to switch crooks and then everyone just stopped and watched this kid rifle off trick after trick and I went to say whats up to the kid he seemed mad quiet and said he was from this surburban town near boston but was saying he lives out in l.a. for school and he was just in town for a couple weeks.  There are just so many kids that are shining and could have been shining but just dropped off, that's life though.

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • breathmint please
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 10:45:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

alright stoops, first off not every skater in boston rides for fucking orchard, of course its a skateshop promo you doucebag the shit is 6 minutes long, im saying that there are so many other dudes coming up in boston that represent "boston skateboarding" as this topic says that need to be getting coverage.

sorry for not knowing your local skate scene, can we still go to the prom together?
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"
Quote from: Matze
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

sergio

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 01:07:14 PM »
Expand Quote
i wish i could skate at bro's gnarly level of skating, he is by far BOSTON'S BEST
[close]
I second that!

the only time i ever went to boston i skated with that guy. suicidal painter cap, mutton chops, and some of his friends from kentucky. it was during some dispatch concert at boston commons. he took me all over the financial disctrict, and then i split and headed over to the aquarium and got vibed by all these locals. bro is the man.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 01:54:08 PM »
those guys are some of my best friends.

shit i even have a crappy trick in there.
I need a coffee

appleicious

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 06:56:50 PM »
To be fair, I wouldn't boast that was Boston skateboarding...you're generalizing an entire city...a pretty big city at that. That's a taste of one of the flavors of Boston skateboarding. There's a lot more to Boston skating than what's shown in that promo...of course. On a sad note, the two biggest up and comers from the Boston scene have relocated to California...them being Tommy and John Wisdom. Those kids are definately coming up...be on the lookout for Tommy who's in SF going to college and John who's in LA with his family for a year sabbatical.

FastLife

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 07:41:51 PM »
the Wisdoms will be back this Spring dont worry

hubskateman

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 11:53:09 AM »
Yea, if anything, this shop is the essence of boston, this shop is the closest that it will get to the 3d/hanger 18 days, and is only growing. New dudes on the team, and a full length video coming once I get my legal matters straightened. The boston skate scene is big but in general not very large, basically the gangster true east kids who don't really know anything of what boston was like in 98', and the older guys still shredding.

appleicious

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 12:28:18 PM »
Yea, if anything, this shop is the essence of boston, this shop is the closest that it will get to the 3d/hanger 18 days, and is only growing. New dudes on the team, and a full length video coming once I get my legal matters straightened. The boston skate scene is big but in general not very large, basically the gangster true east kids who don't really know anything of what boston was like in 98', and the older guys still shredding.

So who exactly on Orchard was holding down the Boston scene in '98?

Mackattack

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 02:58:25 PM »
yahh boston
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_o07JSf1z8&NR
i thougt that was pretty cool^

nobodyshero

• Rep: 1
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 05:49:06 PM »
how about in 1988?
what we do is secret