Author Topic: Jerry kicked of emerica  (Read 36515 times)

jesuswong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Jerry kicked of emerica
« on: October 07, 2018, 12:59:58 AM »

17:00 minute mark

GinosGroceries

Re: Jerry kicked of emerica
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 02:06:22 AM »
Aww that's a real bummer to hear. I just figured his contract was up when he got of.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 02:41:24 AM »
wow that sucks to listen to..

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 02:51:03 AM »
Jerry is a legend, he should have Legend Status on Emerica like Ray Barbee has on Element or Gino on Nike.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zumiez And Xanax

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 03:34:43 AM »
where can i watch wet hot emerican summer it's not on youtube

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 03:59:22 AM »
Everything about this is depressing as fuck.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 04:03:31 AM »
I guess he should a went to Nike when he could have?
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 04:21:21 AM »
The biggest news here
A new user posted a relavant thread, containing a link, WITH context?!

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1212
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 04:37:49 AM »
The fact that Jerry Hsu is borderline sponsorless right now is fucked up. Where is he going to end up, if anywhere? I haven't listened to the entire interview, so forgive me if touches on this, but it almost seems like he was semi-forced into retirement and is just sort of accepting it.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 05:08:21 AM »
I like that we are in an era where pros have a platform to discuss these things that , to my ins, in previous years have lately gone undiscussed.
I find it interesting that he brushes past quitting Chocolate in one sentence, although admittedly I haven’t listen to the whole shebang. What happened there? He was just “over it”. Why?
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 05:28:47 AM »
Told you guys

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2018, 05:47:22 AM »
seems like such a brainless move tbh lol. aside from reynolds hes the 2nd biggest name on their team. is emerica familiar with the word streetwear? did carroll make a phonecall ?

I find it interesting that he brushes past quitting Chocolate in one sentence, although admittedly I haven’t listen to the whole shebang. What happened there? He was just “over it”. Why?

it probably has to do with the way MJ got kicked off.

Zumiez And Xanax

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2018, 05:56:55 AM »
'i wanted to milk it but couldn't'

sms_b

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2018, 06:11:00 AM »
Maybe Jerry isn't awesome to work with and didn't do his job? Generally, if your contract is breached you have legal standing to sue for loss of wages. However, if you breach your own contract you can be sued for not fulfilling your contractual obligations. You can also be dropped for "no reason".

As well, I know nothing about this situation and am running on full asshole assumption.

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2018, 06:27:59 AM »
I think he is a big whiny pussy. good skater though
9/11 was a national tragedy

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2018, 06:42:25 AM »
Maybe Jerry isn't awesome to work with and didn't do his job? Generally, if your contract is breached you have legal standing to sue for loss of wages. However, if you breach your own contract you can be sued for not fulfilling your contractual obligations. You can also be dropped for "no reason".

As well, I know nothing about this situation and am running on full asshole assumption.

Did you listen to the interview? He talks about how his contract was based in an at will state. That means, and he's correct, that as long as emerica had a legal justification, they could let him go at any time. and they did

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2018, 06:48:49 AM »
Haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but him acting like Sci-Fi Fantasy is difficult to run is insane. The most simple logos, fonts, etc. Illustrator? What does illustrator have to do with putting a word in the middle of a shirt?
p-shuvs and v-flips

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2018, 06:53:54 AM »
i could see him on cons
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 07:48:43 AM by sharkin »

tetanus xrist

• Rep: -18
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2018, 06:57:49 AM »
Haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but him acting like Sci-Fi Fantasy is difficult to run is insane. The most simple logos, fonts, etc. Illustrator? What does illustrator have to do with putting a word in the middle of a shirt?

How easy is it to run your company?

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2018, 07:07:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well that would be different because it isn't an apparel company. Theres scheduling, employees, billing, and day to day operations, I think it might get a little too complicated for Jerry to run.

But I understand you defending him, I am a big fan of his Bag of Suck part, but come on. Every podcast has an apparel line, every skate shop sells their own shirts and boards. Him selling t shirts, hoodies, and hats, is not some insanely complicated business venture.
p-shuvs and v-flips

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2212
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2018, 07:10:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well that would be different because it isn't an apparel company. Theres scheduling, employees, billing, and day to day operations, I think it might get a little too complicated for Jerry to run.

But I understand you defending him, I am a big fan of his Bag of Suck part, but come on. Every podcast has an apparel line, every skate shop sells their own shirts and boards. Him selling t shirts, hoodies, and hats, is not some insanely complicated business venture.
It is insane to him,being he knows almost nothing of running a company. I remember Alex Olson complaining about having to learn illustrator for 917 and Bianca. These dudes just want to complain.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2018, 07:36:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Did you listen to the interview? He talks about how his contract was based in an at will state. That means, and he's correct, that as long as emerica had a legal justification, they could let him go at any time. and they did
You mean like every other employee in the state of California?

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2018, 07:37:27 AM »
This convo is so boring, they need some Kratom to liven things up.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2018, 07:37:52 AM »
Wonder if this has anything to do with Kader leaving? Seemed weird that he left.

tetanus xrist

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2018, 07:39:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
It is insane to him,being he knows almost nothing of running a company. I remember Alex Olson complaining about having to learn illustrator for 917 and Bianca. These dudes just want to complain.

Complaining? That's a neurotic interpretation in Jerry's case. He admitted that he's inexperienced and it's a challenge, yet still open for business.

I can see Alex Olson throwing fits though  ;D

tetanus xrist

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2018, 07:41:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Ever heard of a Union?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2212
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2018, 07:51:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Complaining? That's a neurotic interpretation in Jerry's case. He admitted that he's inexperienced and it's a challenge, yet still open for business.

I can see Alex Olson throwing fits though  ;D
Well yea most def Olson whines more than Jerry. Jerry seems to live very casually

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2018, 07:55:17 AM »
Looks like he's putting in some serious work in art direction and originality into Sci Fi Fantasy in this add.

I don't know if it translates to tee shirt graphics yet, but he's just getting started.

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2018, 08:05:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Ever heard of a Union?
I have, and I’m a member of one. However, like most people, Jerry wasn’t.

tetanus xrist

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2018, 08:18:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Ever heard of a Union?
[close]
I have, and I’m a member of one. However, like most people, Jerry wasn’t.

Not disputing that, just confused by your initial post implying that Unions don't exist in California...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 08:24:28 AM by tetanus xrist »